Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone given you a dirty look because you are gambling?

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 5 years ago by spy153.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Has anyone given you a dirty look or said something negative because you are gambling?

Yes [ 47 ]  [61.04%]
No [ 30 ]  [38.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 77 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: September 3, 2011, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Has anyone given you a dirty look or said something negative because you are gambling?

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: September 3, 2011, 12:39 am - IP Logged

On very rare occasions and very subtle, but who cares?

Life is full of gambles, even without a financial attachment. Everytime you drive on the roadways you're gambling with potentials. Life is full of uncertain potentials, good and bad.

Next time they give you the look, just look right back at them and say..."You gotta problem"?.....

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #78052
      August 6, 2009
      785 Posts
      Posted: September 3, 2011, 2:32 am - IP Logged

I don't have problems with people because they don't want to get on my wrong side in public.  I'm LOUD in public.  I'm tall, well built for a woman and keep myself fit, I don't think anyone young or old would want some woop as*.   I normally use a look, or silence and my look (that gives people chills).  I'm aware of my surroundings and people, but don't pay much attention to them unless they want to step into my world.  And I doubt that.

As for you?  WHY do you care?   I'm hitting........okay I'm older .......... and still wear short skirts and shorts, like I care what people think?

So relax and do what YOU want to do as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.   If you go through life not doing what you want because of what people think of you, you will never live your own life.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2011, 3:29 am - IP Logged

there  was some beared guy standing at my gate the other day, he kinda gave me dirty looks.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34151 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2011, 3:35 am - IP Logged

Yes the people that don't gamble, My neighbor I tell her when I hit the lottery she goes I don't gamble. Lots of people don't but to each his own.  I love to gamble I really need to give it a break, Lol. That is what I like to do. People think that when people gamble they are irrisponsable I guess they can be if the over do it. If  I don't play I like to guess at it, sometimes those guesses are right. So I am always happy when someone wins. I read something last year people that play the lottery live longer. It is kind of like a hobby for me even if I don't win I like to see what come all over the map. Sometmes I win sometimes I lose. But that is what it is a Gamble. Win lots of money.Wink Oh, another thing I was at Horse-Racing the other day I seen a Guy I thought I knew him, I goe hey I know you from somewhere, he was sharp had a suit on looking like a Bussieness man or looked like he had just come from church, LOl. He saids well I don't know but its a secret don't tell nobody you seen me here, I just laughed at him, he should'nt be shame of what it does?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
            Kunming
            China
            Member #57910
            January 23, 2008
            3626 Posts
            Posted: September 3, 2011, 4:06 am - IP Logged

I don't know about 'dirty looks' but I get these looks that say "why is this foreigner(New Yorker) playing the lottery for?". I'm probably the only foreigner in my area that plays everyday and I get this look. They (Chinese) think that we all have money so why am I playing. "It ain't no joke, yes I'm broke" ha..ha. Let them assume what they will. We got 'Keno' from the Chinese but the pick 3 is our (U.S.A.) creation. They copy so much from us it's crazy and then they think it's theirs. Ha..ha. Sometimes I tell them, you copy this (the lotteries) from us and they just smile because they know it's true. Happy gambling!

Play to win!

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
              LAS VEGAS
              United States
              Member #47729
              November 22, 2006
              4502 Posts
              Posted: September 3, 2011, 5:32 am - IP Logged

Hey Red

There is a wise motto among the ole' pro players in Vegas that says: "When you are making money, it's better to make it in the dark" Wink

Stay Under all radar.

EddessaKnight

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40550 Posts
                Posted: September 3, 2011, 6:08 am - IP Logged

A few times in my life I've gotten some snooty looks, I don't care.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10353 Posts
                  Posted: September 3, 2011, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Dirty looks, no, but occassionally no matter which game someone will say, "Do you know the odds on that?".

When they say that, I just look on the back of the ticket and tell them the exact odds and thebn ask them, "Did you know the odds?"

I haven't got a response yet.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: September 3, 2011, 11:14 am - IP Logged

I live in an area where there's a pretty good population of a religion that thinks gambling is immoral and sinful, so I do see some holier than thou attitudes sometimes.  Of course they don't turn down the money I'm giving to schools to educate their 5 or 8 kids they keep popping out.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49784 Posts
                      Posted: September 3, 2011, 11:50 am - IP Logged

No! We get "Dirty Looks" for NOT Playing! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49784 Posts
                        Posted: September 3, 2011, 11:54 am - IP Logged

"Dirty Looks" from Who? Other Customers? Store Clerks?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/232057

Lottery Post Forums Search is Your Friend!

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          49784 Posts
                          Posted: September 3, 2011, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

You would react the same way no matter when you experienced the "Dirty Looks":

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/young-people-close/201108/dirty-looks

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: September 3, 2011, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

No one has ever said anything and no one has ever looked at me and given me a dirty look but I can sometimes sense that someone behind me in line has a snooty attitude.

So I'll  usually get my ticket and then when I'm leaving, I'll stop and pause for a moment right next to the person and belch as loud as I possibly can and then smile and be on my way.

And believe me, I can belch really loud.

Oh man, I can rattle the windows.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                              Nova Scotia
                              Canada
                              Member #9934
                              December 27, 2004
                              884 Posts
                              Posted: September 3, 2011, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Yes; people have given me dirty or jealous looks, or they make comments, such as I am wasting my money, or the odds are too high.. Well I tell them that I win all the time, or you can't win, if you don't buy a ticket.. That is as simple, as that!!

Some of the people are just envious of your good fortune.. So take it in stride, as my mother would of said!

Lep