Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone given you a dirty look because you are gambling?

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 5 years ago by spy153.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Has anyone given you a dirty look or said something negative because you are gambling?

Yes [ 47 ]  [61.04%]
No [ 30 ]  [38.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 77 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
Beautiful Florida
United States
Member #5709
July 18, 2004
20225 Posts
Posted: September 5, 2011, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I've never experienced anything such as that, but then again I'm not to worried about what other people think about my buying tickets. If it ever occured i'd probably say " put your nose back on your face and tend to your own business " ...!

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4054 Posts
    Posted: September 5, 2011, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

LOLThe store clerks were hostile, and it went beyond dirty looks when South Carolina first got a lottery. The NC people went down there in droves crossing the line, flooding the stores on the NC/SC line.  I was one of them.  TwitchThey didn't try to hide that we were driving them crazy.  It was a mad house.  I didn't give it too much thought.  I understood that they had never seen anything like this rage.  Nor had I.

I'd been to Vegas, Cherokee, and Atlantic City to gamble but this was just as much fun.  Maybe because it only took 15-20 minutes to get there and we didn't have to drive all the way to Virginia to scratch a ticket and play the lottery without having to hide tickets from the po po.

In the stores people flooded out from the SC numbers houses and would have their workouts, and books spread on the tables along with the NC people.  Thirty gallon trash cans would be filled with losing scratch tickets.  Certain stores gave away free cans of sodas and second chance drawings were held on a certain day. 

We went to all the stores and afterwards went to the farmer's market before heading back.  SC have the best peaches.

There was this dirty clothes looking guy who was always in my face every time and everywhere i went, that I started calling him the "bad penny".  The clerks didn't have to give him dirty looks.  I did.

But by the time NC got a lottery, I was already playing online and played in the privacy on my own home.

takeemtothebank

karinda's avatar - WINGS
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #108445
      March 25, 2011
      2855 Posts
      Posted: September 5, 2011, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Gambling?  I don't gamble - never have, never will.  I play numbers like Stockbrokers and Investors purchase stocks in the Stock Market; but my way I get a much, much higher return on my investments and the yield is certainly much higher than any bank's interest rate, especially these days where interest rates are so low and bank service fees so high, you actually end up paying the bank to keep your money rather than the bank paying you to use your money.

No, I don't gamble, I'm a very shrewd Investor and when I win, if there are any "dirty looks" - it's pure jealousy because they're not winning.  I don't have time for stupid, envious people.

Good for you Opti-Mystic!!!

Cheers! Cheers

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
        NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
        United States
        Member #106371
        February 17, 2011
        9707 Posts
        Posted: September 5, 2011, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

the only dirty look i ever got was today from a beggr . hope it wont jinxed my numbers that i play . i would go and find him and  beat the out of him if it does hahaha.

he told me why waist money on lotterys instead of that i should give it to him   . if he didnt had a hand or a feet or he was limping  or he was verry old ....i would understand and no doubt i would give him some money or if he was hungry i would buy him food . but this human peace of garbage was in good health and shape  and not even in the 40's just lazy to work etc. only job he knows is to  beg around .

so i told him listen why dont you get a job  and earn your own money . he said people where his from are nicer and give him money . i told him no thats not nice  they freaking stupid to give you money . it inspire you to become a profesional beggar .thats why you walk around everywhere and beg around and have nothing to worry about in life . he walked away .

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Whiskey Island
          United States
          Member #90216
          April 24, 2010
          12808 Posts
          Posted: September 5, 2011, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

I was cashing in a few tickets a few day ago and this lady behind in line starting rambling on about she used to play . She said she never won on any game and it was a waste of time amd money . I was like sure !! She asked me how much I won .I replied" A  few bucks " . She said something like 1 or 2 dollars .  I just turned around and handed the cashier my 4 tickets . The cashier scanned the tickets and each was $200  each and  the ladies jaw just dropped . She was speechless . I recieved my money and told her " Yeah , Its a waste of time and money to play these games . "

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8793 Posts
            Posted: September 5, 2011, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

I was cashing in a few tickets a few day ago and this lady behind in line starting rambling on about she used to play . She said she never won on any game and it was a waste of time amd money . I was like sure !! She asked me how much I won .I replied" A  few bucks " . She said something like 1 or 2 dollars .  I just turned around and handed the cashier my 4 tickets . The cashier scanned the tickets and each was $200  each and  the ladies jaw just dropped . She was speechless . I recieved my money and told her " Yeah , Its a waste of time and money to play these games . "

"The cashier scanned the tickets and each was $200  each and  the ladies jaw just dropped . She was speechless . I recieved my money and told her " Yeah , Its a waste of time and money to play these games . "

Priceless Green laugh

Type

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
              California
              United States
              Member #112364
              June 17, 2011
              661 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2011, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

LOLThe store clerks were hostile, and it went beyond dirty looks when South Carolina first got a lottery. The NC people went down there in droves crossing the line, flooding the stores on the NC/SC line.  I was one of them.  TwitchThey didn't try to hide that we were driving them crazy.  It was a mad house.  I didn't give it too much thought.  I understood that they had never seen anything like this rage.  Nor had I.

I'd been to Vegas, Cherokee, and Atlantic City to gamble but this was just as much fun.  Maybe because it only took 15-20 minutes to get there and we didn't have to drive all the way to Virginia to scratch a ticket and play the lottery without having to hide tickets from the po po.

In the stores people flooded out from the SC numbers houses and would have their workouts, and books spread on the tables along with the NC people.  Thirty gallon trash cans would be filled with losing scratch tickets.  Certain stores gave away free cans of sodas and second chance drawings were held on a certain day. 

We went to all the stores and afterwards went to the farmer's market before heading back.  SC have the best peaches.

There was this dirty clothes looking guy who was always in my face every time and everywhere i went, that I started calling him the "bad penny".  The clerks didn't have to give him dirty looks.  I did.

But by the time NC got a lottery, I was already playing online and played in the privacy on my own home.

LOLThe store clerks were hostile, and it went beyond dirty looks when South Carolina first got a lottery. The NC people went down there in droves crossing the line, flooding the stores on the NC/SC line.  I was one of them. 

Why should they give you a dirty look? If anything, they should be happy. The more customers come in, the more money they make.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4054 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2011, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

LOLThe store clerks were hostile, and it went beyond dirty looks when South Carolina first got a lottery. The NC people went down there in droves crossing the line, flooding the stores on the NC/SC line.  I was one of them. 

Why should they give you a dirty look? If anything, they should be happy. The more customers come in, the more money they make.

I'm sure management felt that way but some of the cashiers with 5 times the amount of traffic in the stores, treated us like we all had problems and had no problem voicing it.

takeemtothebank

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2011, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Gambling?  I don't gamble - never have, never will.  I play numbers like Stockbrokers and Investors purchase stocks in the Stock Market; but my way I get a much, much higher return on my investments and the yield is certainly much higher than any bank's interest rate, especially these days where interest rates are so low and bank service fees so high, you actually end up paying the bank to keep your money rather than the bank paying you to use your money.

No, I don't gamble, I'm a very shrewd Investor and when I win, if there are any "dirty looks" - it's pure jealousy because they're not winning.  I don't have time for stupid, envious people.

WOW!!! another "digit investor"...I love it!!!  nice to know there are more of us out there

Opti-Mystic play on!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    British Columbia
                    Canada
                    Member #116101
                    September 4, 2011
                    4033 Posts
                    Posted: September 6, 2011, 7:51 am - IP Logged

No they're usually happy to see me come in and give them my money Confused

"You have to be in it to win it!"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                      United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3857 Posts
                      Posted: September 6, 2011, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Green laughToo funny !!! 

~~~ 

I don't know if I'm getting "Dirty Looks" or not. 

It's hard to tell whether these people always have that look on their face 

or they're scowling at me.  LOL   Around here they'll just come out and tell

you what they think.  I've had several people make comments when I was

buying lottery tickets.  Come to think of it, I've had people make comments

about the size of the soda I was buying! Green laughI felt like saying, "What do you care?!

You're not the one paying for it! 

yea everyone is entitled to their opinion, but where did they get the idea that i'm entitled to their opinion.LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3857 Posts
                        Posted: September 6, 2011, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I've never experienced anything such as that, but then again I'm not to worried about what other people think about my buying tickets. If it ever occured i'd probably say " put your nose back on your face and tend to your own business " ...!

maddog10,yes ,we don't mince words round here,do we ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: September 6, 2011, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

maddog10,yes ,we don't mince words round here,do we ?

That's for sure, LOL.

I liked your Governor's weather advisory: "Get the hell off the beach!"    LOL

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3857 Posts
                            Posted: September 6, 2011, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

That's for sure, LOL.

I liked your Governor's weather advisory: "Get the hell off the beach!"    LOL

now a lot of ppl. complaining that the evac. was an overreaction,NOT, we just got lucky,most did,some are still having problems w/ rivers overflowing.

how is your neck of the woods w/this latest storm ?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: September 6, 2011, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

now a lot of ppl. complaining that the evac. was an overreaction,NOT, we just got lucky,most did,some are still having problems w/ rivers overflowing.

how is your neck of the woods w/this latest storm ?

Heavy rain yesterday all day long, light rain on and off today, but that was it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke