Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone given you a dirty look because you are gambling?

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 5 years ago by spy153.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Has anyone given you a dirty look or said something negative because you are gambling?

Yes [ 47 ]  [61.04%]
No [ 30 ]  [38.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 77 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2011, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the Forums Phoenix!

About time you started posting, woman!

Ain't nobody gonna pick on ya here, everybody's nice. Well... except tiggs.

Best of luck to ya!LepYes NodThumbs Up

You bet'cha old man.....

Pure luck

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2011, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

not that I can recall... I wouldn't care if they did anyway.....

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
      A long and winding road
      United States
      Member #17084
      June 10, 2005
      4574 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2011, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Yes I've gotten dirty looks before.  You know that one lottery player that holds up the line because he wants to buy so many tickets?  Yeah that was me once.  I resort to online gambling now.  You are in the privacy of your own home and don't have to worry about kids, impatient people, or rude customers. Smile

AhhhhhhhhhhHAA!! Thought I recognized you! Sorry it took so long to respond, because I was originally Waiting in a lottery line because someone else took over your tradition of gaming with ridiculous prefilled playsheets that made the Book of WAR AND PEACE look like Readers digest! Glad you moved to online wagers..I thank you.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
        Member #59337
        March 13, 2008
        38 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2011, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

AhhhhhhhhhhHAA!! Thought I recognized you! Sorry it took so long to respond, because I was originally Waiting in a lottery line because someone else took over your tradition of gaming with ridiculous prefilled playsheets that made the Book of WAR AND PEACE look like Readers digest! Glad you moved to online wagers..I thank you.

This is primarily a story for Ridge to get a kick out of, and I know its off topic, but the thread and previous post brought this memory to mind.   The only time i have caught dirty looks is when people form up a line behind me when i'm running (a reasonable amount of) prefilled tickets.  Considering I have to drive 45 minutes to buy any AND make sure there is no one in the store when I start my purchase, I always want to say something snarky, but I never manage to do it.  I wish I had the panache of my grandfather, hence the story below.

One time, my grandfather was in traffic at a light waiting for it to turn green.  The moment it turned, the man behind him started honking his horn impatiently.  So my grandad slowly put the car in park, got out, sauntered over to the guys window and says "Did you need something?  I figured since you started honking you were trying to get my attention.  You have it now, so what do you want?" 

Meanwhile the light has turned green, and back to red, and so did the color on the guys face.  He just sat there speechless, watching my grandad walk back to his car, get in and go at the next green light.  Men were just so COOL with their pwning back then.  With the way people act nowadays, he would likely get shot just for getting out of his car though . . .

Phoenix1017's avatar - pink20butterfly2
          Spring
          United States
          Member #73511
          April 16, 2009
          8 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2011, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

lol Thanks for the welcome!Smile

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3857 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2011, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Yes. I've had people give me nasty looks. Nasty comments too!

The most recent was last week when I was buying Texas Lotto tickets. This guy on his way out of the service station door, turned back and asked me really rudely, "You really think you are going to win?" Then he laughed at me.

I try not to be confrontational so I ignored him. I'm a very small, short, and shy person. Heck, it took me two and a half years to make my first post here.LOLSmile

from your discription of yourself i'm guessing this person was just a (big p****) bully that picks on small ppl.

next time tell em to shut up,theres good ppl. in tex.and i'm sure they will back you up.

make more posts,no one is gonna hurt you here,and if someone tries,you'll find many here will have your back.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
              Member #28409
              December 15, 2005
              1198 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2011, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Yes. I've had people give me nasty looks. Nasty comments too!

The most recent was last week when I was buying Texas Lotto tickets. This guy on his way out of the service station door, turned back and asked me really rudely, "You really think you are going to win?" Then he laughed at me.

I try not to be confrontational so I ignored him. I'm a very small, short, and shy person. Heck, it took me two and a half years to make my first post here.LOLSmile

Had the same thing happen to me many times. I'm also a member at the number one church in my town to fight against gambling in any form, so yes, I get those respones all the time.  Especially when the jackpot gets really big. Of course they never ask my opinion on the matter because I would have to correct them biblically and they don't like to be corrected. 

But I figure all those people who have won the jackpots had to go through it too. Yes Nod  So I don't mind.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2011, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Had the same thing happen to me many times. I'm also a member at the number one church in my town to fight against gambling in any form, so yes, I get those respones all the time.  Especially when the jackpot gets really big. Of course they never ask my opinion on the matter because I would have to correct them biblically and they don't like to be corrected. 

But I figure all those people who have won the jackpots had to go through it too. Yes Nod  So I don't mind.

Good to see you again spy!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2011, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

This is primarily a story for Ridge to get a kick out of, and I know its off topic, but the thread and previous post brought this memory to mind.   The only time i have caught dirty looks is when people form up a line behind me when i'm running (a reasonable amount of) prefilled tickets.  Considering I have to drive 45 minutes to buy any AND make sure there is no one in the store when I start my purchase, I always want to say something snarky, but I never manage to do it.  I wish I had the panache of my grandfather, hence the story below.

One time, my grandfather was in traffic at a light waiting for it to turn green.  The moment it turned, the man behind him started honking his horn impatiently.  So my grandad slowly put the car in park, got out, sauntered over to the guys window and says "Did you need something?  I figured since you started honking you were trying to get my attention.  You have it now, so what do you want?" 

Meanwhile the light has turned green, and back to red, and so did the color on the guys face.  He just sat there speechless, watching my grandad walk back to his car, get in and go at the next green light.  Men were just so COOL with their pwning back then.  With the way people act nowadays, he would likely get shot just for getting out of his car though . . .

Me and your Papaw woulda got along real good Feadogger.

Say something snarky!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                    Member #28409
                    December 15, 2005
                    1198 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2011, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Good to see you again spy!

Oh  I didn't go anywhere.  Once you win you get sucked in!  (trying to think of one for LP)  You know, like "once you go LP...."  or "The Post has the most," (I know, lame.)

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool