Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery stop loss limit=$60 annually with three playing methods starting in 2012

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 5 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7313 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2011, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Mega millions jackpot jumped from $12 millions to $15 millions on last night drawing.That's the problem with high odds and low starting jackpots games.It takes a long time to push those jackpots higher. Mega millions will have a hard time competing against powerball $40 millions starting jackpot next month unless they increase the starting jackpot to $40 millions too or  merge with powerball to create a national lottery.Can you imagine a national lottery with a $100 millions starting jackpot and 1 in 175 millions odds to win the jackpot. Statewide lotteries sales will decline once the new powerball changes take effect.Most people love high jackpots games.

"Mega millions will have a hard time competing against powerball $40 millions starting jackpot next month unless they increase the starting jackpot to $40 millions too or  merge with powerball to create a national lottery."

It will be interesting to see how it plays out because the players that are now spending $20 to get 20 PB tickets will only get 10. When the jackpots are about the same size, we'll probably see more people playing the $1 MM tickets.

Since many states now offer both MM and PB, there is no reason to merge. If the sales on one game decreases the sales on the other game will increase and will have no effect on individual state sales.

"Most people love high jackpots games."

That's true, but we have to wonder for how long because the overall chances of winning anything is 1 in 40 tickets playing MM and 1 in 35 playing PB.

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11979 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2011, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

"Mega millions will have a hard time competing against powerball $40 millions starting jackpot next month unless they increase the starting jackpot to $40 millions too or  merge with powerball to create a national lottery."

It will be interesting to see how it plays out because the players that are now spending $20 to get 20 PB tickets will only get 10. When the jackpots are about the same size, we'll probably see more people playing the $1 MM tickets.

Since many states now offer both MM and PB, there is no reason to merge. If the sales on one game decreases the sales on the other game will increase and will have no effect on individual state sales.

That's true, but we have to wonder for how long because the overall chances of winning anything is 1 in 40 tickets playing MM and 1 in 35 playing PB.

I feel that powerball jackpots will go to $100 millions and $200 millions so fast that we are not going to have any chance of playing mega millions.By the way the new powerball odds will be lower than current mega millions odds.Take a look at it on the questions and answers section in the powerball website.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11979 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2012, 9:25 am - IP Logged

I am waiting for the new powerball matrix to start on January 15,2012. It will not take too long for the jackpot to jump from $40 millions to $100 millions so I can play.

Are other players willing to spend $2 for a starting jackpot of $40 millions with a chance of winning a $1 million second prize?

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40497 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2012, 9:38 am - IP Logged

1) Playing more often for less lines

2) Playing less often for more lines

3) Playing less often for less lines

I will playing the lottery using these playing methods for a jackpot win starting in 2012. Lottery stop loss limit=$60 annually.

For powerball I have decided to fill out one line and play it all year.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          11979 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2012, 9:51 am - IP Logged

For powerball I have decided to fill out one line and play it all year.

3) Playing less often for less lines by buying 1 ticket quick pick ticket whenever the jackpot reach $100 or $200 millions. Sully, you can enjoy playing for those big jackpots with 1 single line quick pick. Hey, you never know. I might start spending my $60 annual budget that way. I will alternate between the three playing methods and see how it turns out.

I feel that 2) Playing less often for more lines will do it for me. $10 * 6 =$60 by playing for 6 months of the year.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5603 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2012, 10:09 am - IP Logged

I am waiting for the new powerball matrix to start on January 15,2012. It will not take too long for the jackpot to jump from $40 millions to $100 millions so I can play.

Are other players willing to spend $2 for a starting jackpot of $40 millions with a chance of winning a $1 million second prize?

Uhhhhhh.....let me think about this....... YEAHHHHHH....DUH.

Even second prize after taxes would look real good in my bank account.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7313 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2012, 11:11 am - IP Logged

I feel that powerball jackpots will go to $100 millions and $200 millions so fast that we are not going to have any chance of playing mega millions.By the way the new powerball odds will be lower than current mega millions odds.Take a look at it on the questions and answers section in the powerball website.

Recently when MM had a $254 million jackpot, 67 million tickets were sold and if each ticket had a different combo, there was only 38% chance of the jackpot being won. In other words, there were 108 million combos not sold. At $2 a ticket for the same amount of money spent, the chances of the jackpot being hit was less than 20%.

Almost $213 million worth of tickets were sold for the March 6, 2007 MM $370 million jackpot drawings and I believe that is the all time record. Had it been $2 at ticket that's a 60% chance of the jackpot being won and hardly a must win jackpot. The overall odds of winning anything in that drawing were 1 in 40 so that means only 5.325 million tickets won something and 207 million tickets won nothing.

It's still only a dream but the price for dreaming of winning a PB jackpot just doubled.

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11979 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2012, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Recently when MM had a $254 million jackpot, 67 million tickets were sold and if each ticket had a different combo, there was only 38% chance of the jackpot being won. In other words, there were 108 million combos not sold. At $2 a ticket for the same amount of money spent, the chances of the jackpot being hit was less than 20%.

Almost $213 million worth of tickets were sold for the March 6, 2007 MM $370 million jackpot drawings and I believe that is the all time record. Had it been $2 at ticket that's a 60% chance of the jackpot being won and hardly a must win jackpot. The overall odds of winning anything in that drawing were 1 in 40 so that means only 5.325 million tickets won something and 207 million tickets won nothing.

It's still only a dream but the price for dreaming of winning a PB jackpot just doubled.

That was a lot of money spent on the jackpot pool in order for a few to win. Yes it is hard to win a lottery with 1 in 22 millions odds and 1 in 175 millions would be more difficult to win.

Lottery tickets have a talisman effect that makes the dream of being rich closer to reality.Some things in life still have randomness to them.

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11979 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2012, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Uhhhhhh.....let me think about this....... YEAHHHHHH....DUH.

Even second prize after taxes would look real good in my bank account.

I no longer preach the ALL YOU NEED IS A DOLLAR AND A DREAM slogan because I like to play high jackpot games and they will cost more than $1 to play in 2012.Time is money, so we are going to pay big if we want to see those jackpots pools reaching $100 millions in the blink of an eye.I consider myself a high jackpot player even when I buy 1 quick pick ticket for a $100 millions jackpot.

$1 jackpot games like mega millions are boring to play because it takes forever to reach $100 millions. It took the previous mega millions jackpot like 20 drawings to reach $200 millions. That is a joke, very few people will play mega millions once the new powerball matrix start on January 15, 2012. High jackpots playership dominate any lottery game.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7313 Posts
                    Posted: January 2, 2012, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

That was a lot of money spent on the jackpot pool in order for a few to win. Yes it is hard to win a lottery with 1 in 22 millions odds and 1 in 175 millions would be more difficult to win.

Lottery tickets have a talisman effect that makes the dream of being rich closer to reality.Some things in life still have randomness to them.

It's a good bet when the odds against having the right combination is lower than the jackpot. The odds are always 175 million to one against having the right MM combo, but there are times when the jackpot exceeds $175 million. As for winning something at 1 chance in 40, it means 97.5% of the tickets sold are worthless.

While I admire your optimism, out of 10 million tickets bought by optimistic players only 2.5 million will something and that something for majority of them will be $10 or less.

tkr333's avatar - Lottery-058.jpg

United States
                      Member #17209
                      June 13, 2005
                      609 Posts
                      Posted: January 2, 2012, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

I dont think mm will be affected at all. A lot of people wont play pb when the ticket price goes up. I know that is what im hearing, i for one will not be playing pb when the ticket price goes up, but i will be spending more on mm with more lines rather than more on pb with less lines.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7313 Posts
                        Posted: January 2, 2012, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

I dont think mm will be affected at all. A lot of people wont play pb when the ticket price goes up. I know that is what im hearing, i for one will not be playing pb when the ticket price goes up, but i will be spending more on mm with more lines rather than more on pb with less lines.

I Agree! because after a jackpot is hit between 15 and 17 million tickets are sold so it looks like that much is played every drawings regardless of the size of the jackpot.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11979 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2012, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

WINNING IS ALL ABOUT PATIENCE.  Patience pays when playing the lottery.

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE TO WIN A LOTTERY JACKPOT.

The key to winning a lottery jackpot is buying a ticket with the winning numbers on it.

I USE THE FOLLOWING STRATEGY.

LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT=$60 ANNUALLY WITH THREE PLAYING METHODS.

1) PLAYING MORE OFTEN FOR LESS LINES

2) PLAYING LESS OFTEN FOR MORE LINES

3) PLAYING LESS OFTEN FOR LESS LINES

"A stop loss limit is very important and I urge anyone that plays to have a stop loss limit to protect their large sum of ready gambling money. You should have a stop loss limit to avoid losing too much money on a bad day. While setting up a loss limit is a great idea in theory, there are plenty of gamblers who won't have the will power to stick with these limits. These are the same people who will never make any money or come close to breaking even in gambling. It's definitely hard to stick with loss limits because there is so much temptation to keep gambling no matter which way Lady Luck is sending the money. The better you are at sticking with your loss limits over the long run, the more successful and happy you will be at the end of game play."

"The key to winning is buying tickets with the winning numbers on them."

"It is a system that has never failed - not even once. It has won every single time it has been done."

US Flag White Bounce LOL

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

"We wouldn't be doing it if we didn't think more money would be coming back to the states and help them with revenues during these tough economic times," Rich said.

3) Playing less often for less lines.  Spending $2 for the chance of winning a $100 millions or $200 millions in the new powerball matrix starting January 15, 2012?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2012, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I've stumbled across a new method that may reshape and transform lottery as we know it.

More Lines - More Money - More Often!

Is that pure genius  or what?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11979 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2012, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

WINNING IS ALL ABOUT PATIENCE.  Patience pays when playing the lottery.

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE TO WIN A LOTTERY JACKPOT.

The key to winning a lottery jackpot is buying a ticket with the winning numbers on it.

I USE THE FOLLOWING STRATEGY.

LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT=$60 ANNUALLY WITH THREE PLAYING METHODS.

1) PLAYING MORE OFTEN FOR LESS LINES

2) PLAYING LESS OFTEN FOR MORE LINES

3) PLAYING LESS OFTEN FOR LESS LINES

"A stop loss limit is very important and I urge anyone that plays to have a stop loss limit to protect their large sum of ready gambling money. You should have a stop loss limit to avoid losing too much money on a bad day. While setting up a loss limit is a great idea in theory, there are plenty of gamblers who won't have the will power to stick with these limits. These are the same people who will never make any money or come close to breaking even in gambling. It's definitely hard to stick with loss limits because there is so much temptation to keep gambling no matter which way Lady Luck is sending the money. The better you are at sticking with your loss limits over the long run, the more successful and happy you will be at the end of game play."

"The key to winning is buying tickets with the winning numbers on them."

"It is a system that has never failed - not even once. It has won every single time it has been done."

US Flag White Bounce LOL

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

We are trying to avoid that method of playing ridge.

Playing more often for more lines=Spending more money=Gambling addiction

Page 5 of 10