Welcome Guest
You last visited December 13, 2017, 5:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Clerk called me a bum for buying lottery tickets

Topic closed. 92 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Epistrophy.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
New York's avatar - 103h4yr
NYC
United States
Member #117984
October 19, 2011
1843 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2012, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

!

lol @ ! Big Grin

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2012, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

lol @ ! Big Grin

Thanks NY, as you can see, it's not easy communicating with tiggs.

He's from Kentucky. Born and breaded.

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
      Member #3792
      February 21, 2004
      198 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2012, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

ask him if he wants to see a bum then moon him and run out

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        rekjavik
        Iceland
        Member #99537
        October 27, 2010
        177 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2012, 7:53 am - IP Logged

I would order 50 lines 1 by 1,

then tell him also to get me some bubble yum bizznatchh........

Then add a your parents must be proud... And walk out. lmao.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          23484 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2012, 8:47 am - IP Logged

OP, I hope you'll go back and ask for the manager after calling the main office and filing your complaint.

Talk to the manager with real bum present and ask R.B. (real bum) why he said that to you and why he's

driving away business by telling you you're wasting money on the lottery.

The problem today is that these punks get away with being rude and stupid....let them be stupid, that's

a given but it's the combination of the two that makes me angry. I would have taken the guys head off.

It's your money and what you do with it is your business. If you choose the easier way out and just take

your money and business somewhere else, that's up to you. Until the guy is taught you don't open your

mouth while on shift and allow personal opinions to fly with customers, he's just going to keep doing it.

One day he will learn, I hope you make that today. Good luck OP.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2012, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

tiggs great response is "Oh yeah"...then run...

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2012, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

A clerk calling you a bum isn't much of an insult when you consider what happened to me one time.

I had a bum call me a clerk.

Now that's an insult!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

A clerk calling you a bum isn't much of an insult when you consider what happened to me one time.

Now that's an insult!

Maybe you didn't hear him ridge...he might have said jerk and not clerk...surley you've been called that before...right...clerk?...:)..

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2012, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you didn't hear him ridge...he might have said jerk and not clerk...surley you've been called that before...right...clerk?...:)..

Oh yeah, well I'm called that on a daily basis (isn't everyone?) but this bum clearly said clerk.

And it cut me to the quick.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - chi
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6343 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2012, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

No he DIDN'T!!!! I am so sorry this happen to you Epistrophy....I would have given him a few choice words......

Orlando, FL
                      United States
                      Member #115785
                      August 28, 2011
                      259 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2012, 6:20 am - IP Logged

This happened to me two nights ago.  I was checking tickets and buying one at a local gas station and the clerk was somebody that had chided me the previous week for buying lottery tickets.  He had said something like, "That's crazy - it'll get expensive buying them every day" when he was printing my tickets.  I didn't say anything last week when he said that.  I just thought it odd that he'd be trying to dissuade lotto sales when it's one of the items that they sell in order to stay in business.

But then yesterday as he handed me my ticket he said "Good luck" and as I turned away he muttered, "Bum!" under his breath.  I was so taken aback that again I didn't react.  Besides, there was somebody waiting in line behind me so I didn't want to interrupt whatever they were "wasting their money" on.

I looked back inside as I left and I could see the customer looking at me, probably wondering about what had just transpired.  I was going to go back and give the clerk what-for, but decided that it wouldn't be worth it yet.  Ideally, I'll win a lotto prize (bought somewhere else, obviously) and go back there to tell him about how the commission that the lotto pays out might have been nice had it been bought there.  Or maybe just a big F-U to him.

But it blows me away how rude that idiot was.  I'm still contemplating letting the store owner know that it might not be the best public relations strategy to be calling your customers bums.  Well, I just had to vent, and I figured that some of the fine folks here would appreciate the story.  I'm looking at it this way - that guy just fed hundreds of lotto karma dollars into my universe, now it's up to me to cash them in.  Good day to all, except him, of course.

And to top it all off, the ticket I bought from him was a winner - small amount winner, but not bad for a bum.  Sun streaking cold, an old man wandering lonely, taking time the only way he knows.

lol, haven't u heard the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                        San Diego, CA
                        United States
                        Member #112369
                        June 17, 2011
                        187 Posts
                        Posted: January 16, 2012, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Now that's an insult!

Now that's funny!

I would have had to challenge him to an old-fashioned Revolutionary War era duel, with the white gloves and the pistols in the case, the whole routine.

Thanks everyone for your comments.  I'm actually still torn about whether to report the Jerk Clerk ("The Jerk Store called, and they want you back") because even though he was rude, I wouldn't want the poor SOB to lose his job over this, which he very well might.  Knowing how messed up the economy and job market are, I would feel bad if that were to happen because he would have to get in line behind the millions of more qualified unemployed workers.

I know, why should I care?  But I do, because that's a real person instead of some faceless entity.

But I do appreciate everybody's ideas.  Either way, whatever I do it'll have to be next week at the earliest because I'm very busy with work right now.  It's not easy being a bum in IT when there's a big computer project underway.

I still like the idea of cashing a big winner there that was bought elsewhere.

Thanks again, everybody.  Good luck and God bless.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          4123 Posts
                          Posted: January 16, 2012, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Now that's funny!

I would have had to challenge him to an old-fashioned Revolutionary War era duel, with the white gloves and the pistols in the case, the whole routine.

Thanks everyone for your comments.  I'm actually still torn about whether to report the Jerk Clerk ("The Jerk Store called, and they want you back") because even though he was rude, I wouldn't want the poor SOB to lose his job over this, which he very well might.  Knowing how messed up the economy and job market are, I would feel bad if that were to happen because he would have to get in line behind the millions of more qualified unemployed workers.

I know, why should I care?  But I do, because that's a real person instead of some faceless entity.

But I do appreciate everybody's ideas.  Either way, whatever I do it'll have to be next week at the earliest because I'm very busy with work right now.  It's not easy being a bum in IT when there's a big computer project underway.

i nominate you for most laid back LP er,

not supriseing since you live in socali.

used to live in orange co.and miss that laid back "tude"

you know what i mean,had a problem today,

but tommorow everything will B-OK. Wink

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: January 16, 2012, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Now that's funny!

The world would be a better place if everybody was like you and me, Epistrophy. But alas, they ain't.
                            So every once in a while, we have to kick somebody's teeth in.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                              Mcminnville, Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #3013
                              December 13, 2003
                              3469 Posts
                              Posted: January 16, 2012, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

I have not had clerks call me names.  But if I get a bad vibe from a clerk when I purchase tickets from them then I will not buy tickets from that store.  Which is what happened to me at Circle K here in mac.  One of the clerks was given me the creeps so I went further down the road to Big Apple to play my lottery.  Good luck to you!-weshar75