Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Clerk called me a bum for buying lottery tickets

Topic closed. 92 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Epistrophy.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
AmuzingP3s's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #39
December 10, 2001
567 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

That was so rude! Tell the manager that he has a jerk for a clerk who will make the store lose business.  I stopped going to one of the neighborhood stores for a rudeness of one of their clerks. I had been going to that store for the longest and everyone was so nice to me except for that first time that I went an encountered that one. It seemed to me that he was too stressed out and couldn't handle the pressures of the job: Always too long lines there.

I hope you win big and go back one more time, just to teach them a lesson.

Take care.

Big Smile Good Luck to All Wink

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    San Diego, CA
    United States
    Member #112369
    June 17, 2011
    187 Posts
    Posted: January 27, 2012, 12:41 am - IP Logged

That was so rude! Tell the manager that he has a jerk for a clerk who will make the store lose business.  I stopped going to one of the neighborhood stores for a rudeness of one of their clerks. I had been going to that store for the longest and everyone was so nice to me except for that first time that I went an encountered that one. It seemed to me that he was too stressed out and couldn't handle the pressures of the job: Always too long lines there.

I hope you win big and go back one more time, just to teach them a lesson.

Take care.

Thanks.  That's the plan for sure.

So I did go to that store last night and even though the clerk in question wasn't there I decided to see about cashing it there because I didn't want to walk around with the uncashed ticket too many more days just to make a point.  I asked the clerk if he could cash a $400 lotto ticket and he said that he couldn't but then as I was walking out he said, "Hold on, I can ask my manager if he can cash that ticket."

At this point several customers have walked in, including two characters that were unsavory, yet the clerk yells across the store to me, "How much was the lotto ticket again?"

So of course I have to bee-line over to him and kind of whisper, "I'm not going to yell it across the store, dude" and all of a sudden I could see the light bulb go off and he went, "Oh, yeah!"

But he and the manager were friendly and helpful, so I thanked them and gave the manager a courtesy tip for cashing it.  I still don't want to get the original clerk fired over it so I didn't say anything.  Besides, I was in too good of a mood while cashing it.

I may go back and if the clerk is there tell him how nice it was of his manager to cash a $400 ticket.  And ultimately, as you suggested, adding zeroes to that amount, even if one by one, would be a nice turn of events.

Thanks again everybody.  Great ideas, suggestions, comments, everything.

LP is awesome.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
      Nova Scotia
      Canada
      Member #9934
      December 27, 2004
      891 Posts
      Posted: January 27, 2012, 7:23 am - IP Logged

I am so happy for you that you won $400, good for you! Don't let the nasty clerk discourage you from going to a store, where there are clerk's with better manners..

Sometimes when I have won, I'll look at the expression on the clerk's face, and they are surprised that I am winning again. I smile to myself, because I think to myself, persistance pays off.. I will admit, that some days I do get discouraged, but the other days when you do win- it makes up for it!!

By the way, I have heard that San Diego and San Francisco are great places to visit!Hyper

San Diego, CA
        United States
        Member #112369
        June 17, 2011
        187 Posts
        Posted: January 28, 2012, 12:51 am - IP Logged

I am so happy for you that you won $400, good for you! Don't let the nasty clerk discourage you from going to a store, where there are clerk's with better manners..

Sometimes when I have won, I'll look at the expression on the clerk's face, and they are surprised that I am winning again. I smile to myself, because I think to myself, persistance pays off.. I will admit, that some days I do get discouraged, but the other days when you do win- it makes up for it!!

By the way, I have heard that San Diego and San Francisco are great places to visit!Hyper

Definitely.  It is funny to see the varying reactions when you cash a medium winner.  Most people are very nice, and some seem to have a bit of resentment in their facial expression.  But who knows, that could be due to something else.

SD & SF are excellent cities, but only one of those has the best climate in the US.  I don't want to hear it, Hawaii and Florida - too hot and too humid.  And don't even think about it, Arizona, because I could stick my head in my oven if I wanted to get "dry heat" like that.

Okay, I'm done.  This has been brought to you by the San Diego Tourism (Surf)Board.

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
          Fughedaboutit (NY)
          United States
          Member #8160
          October 26, 2004
          6777 Posts
          Posted: January 28, 2012, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't let this clerk continue to live rent-free in my head. Concentrate on your game and cashing in more tickets.

Thinking of...

Big Grin Angel Bless him, give him to the universe and keep it moving.

Remember, its not what they call you, its what you answer to. You are certainly not a bum.

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
            Nova Scotia
            Canada
            Member #9934
            December 27, 2004
            891 Posts
            Posted: January 28, 2012, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I have heard that Hawaii and Florida are pretty hot places; And that is funny what you said about Arizona;

Also , you are a good humored person!See Ya!

San Diego, CA
              United States
              Member #112369
              June 17, 2011
              187 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:24 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't let this clerk continue to live rent-free in my head. Concentrate on your game and cashing in more tickets.

Thinking of...

Big Grin Angel Bless him, give him to the universe and keep it moving.

Remember, its not what they call you, its what you answer to. You are certainly not a bum.

I tried to bless him and give him to the universe but came right back marked "Return to Sender."  The universe is trying to pretend it's not home to accept delivery.  I know you're in there, universe, I can hear "The Big Bang Theory" playing on your tv.

I like that image file, though it looks to me like a guy trying to decide whether it's a good idea to go swimming in shark-infested water.  I think he's leaning towards "No."

San Diego, CA
                United States
                Member #112369
                June 17, 2011
                187 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:26 am - IP Logged

I have heard that Hawaii and Florida are pretty hot places; And that is funny what you said about Arizona;

Also , you are a good humored person!See Ya!

Thanks, and warm regards.

Saint Louis MO
                  United States
                  Member #110754
                  May 11, 2011
                  2650 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2012, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

You're right, Elizabeth, I found that after I quit wasting money on cigarettes, I was able to drink twice as much whiskey.
                  And buy an extra ticket now and then too.

LOL

Lele100

Good Luck!

Remember to flip 6's 9's, mirror front and end #'s, and do front/back3 for a hit!

Saint Louis MO
                    United States
                    Member #110754
                    May 11, 2011
                    2650 Posts
                    Posted: January 29, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Thanks.  That's the plan for sure.

So I did go to that store last night and even though the clerk in question wasn't there I decided to see about cashing it there because I didn't want to walk around with the uncashed ticket too many more days just to make a point.  I asked the clerk if he could cash a $400 lotto ticket and he said that he couldn't but then as I was walking out he said, "Hold on, I can ask my manager if he can cash that ticket."

At this point several customers have walked in, including two characters that were unsavory, yet the clerk yells across the store to me, "How much was the lotto ticket again?"

So of course I have to bee-line over to him and kind of whisper, "I'm not going to yell it across the store, dude" and all of a sudden I could see the light bulb go off and he went, "Oh, yeah!"

But he and the manager were friendly and helpful, so I thanked them and gave the manager a courtesy tip for cashing it.  I still don't want to get the original clerk fired over it so I didn't say anything.  Besides, I was in too good of a mood while cashing it.

I may go back and if the clerk is there tell him how nice it was of his manager to cash a $400 ticket.  And ultimately, as you suggested, adding zeroes to that amount, even if one by one, would be a nice turn of events.

Thanks again everybody.  Great ideas, suggestions, comments, everything.

LP is awesome.

Congrats on your win Epistrophy, good things happen to good people! 

Lele100

Good Luck!

Remember to flip 6's 9's, mirror front and end #'s, and do front/back3 for a hit!

jump6702's avatar - Lottery-067.jpg
                      gallatin tn
                      United States
                      Member #106502
                      February 20, 2011
                      3749 Posts
                      Posted: January 29, 2012, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I'd give him so many lefts he'd be beggin' for a right.

And then?

Bedtime for Bonzo.

yet i think i would walked until the next comment. then left ,right,left,right. night t night.

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #104853
                        January 21, 2011
                        159 Posts
                        Posted: January 29, 2012, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Missed oppurtunity for a snarky remark.  I would've given the manager the tip and said "just to show your clerk I'm not the bum he thinks I am".

denver, co
                          United States
                          Member #119986
                          December 7, 2011
                          1 Posts
                          Posted: January 30, 2012, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Ya it is interesting...

The worst I have had happen is a clerk laughed at me for buying ten dollars on one ticket when I was cashing in the ticket because I only won 2 dollars.  That really did make me feel bad.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: January 30, 2012, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Ya it is interesting...

The worst I have had happen is a clerk laughed at me for buying ten dollars on one ticket when I was cashing in the ticket because I only won 2 dollars.  That really did make me feel bad.

My knuckles are twitchin'.

Make sure ya go to the same guy when ya win a big one.

Then duke everybody in the place a C-Note.

Except him.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

San Diego, CA
                              United States
                              Member #112369
                              June 17, 2011
                              187 Posts
                              Posted: January 31, 2012, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on your win Epistrophy, good things happen to good people! 

Lele100

Good Luck!

Thanks, Lele, and good luck as well.