Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PowerBall finally may has the edge it's been seeking

Topic closed. 122 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 2 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19827 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2012, 12:30 am - IP Logged

This actually happened in Idaho, except the guy did show back up to buy the ticket and the clerk sold him a different ticket, telling him it was the one he originally turned down.  There was a lawsuit, but I never learned how it turned out.

If that was possible then every time someone won with an auto pick, the losers who bought auto picks at the same place could argue the clerk sold them the wrong auto pick or else they would have been the winner.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2012, 12:59 am - IP Logged

When they make a mistake like that, can they void the ticket or do they have to pay for it. Just curious.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #123290
      February 17, 2012
      3051 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2012, 2:42 am - IP Logged

Actually the way the clerk explained it to me, there was no customer involved. The previous clerk had just inadvertently hit the keys by accident,

and presto, 5 easy picks popped out. No lawsuit here, unless the lottery clerk decides to change her story. This is all caught on video, I'm not

concerned in the least. I'm also a regular customer at this supermarket, and pretty much know everyone there on a first name basis.

LOL!!! I love how you post your a regular customer and know everyone by name.

You sound just like the guy who got his winning ticket stolen from a store he frequented for 

years, where the clerk was always nice and knew him on a first name basis.

With that amount of money on the line first names mean nothing!! lol

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2012, 4:14 am - IP Logged

LOL!!! I love how you post your a regular customer and know everyone by name.

You sound just like the guy who got his winning ticket stolen from a store he frequented for 

years, where the clerk was always nice and knew him on a first name basis.

With that amount of money on the line first names mean nothing!! lol

LOL! Except that no clerk will be stealing my ticket.  Razz

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2012, 4:23 am - IP Logged

When they make a mistake like that, can they void the ticket or do they have to pay for it. Just curious.

With PB, the ticket CANNOT BE VOIDED! Most of the time store have no problem selling the mistake ticket, otherwise they must eat it. Crying

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2012, 7:53 am - IP Logged

The PB increases continue to be relatively miniscule.  Once again, it increased by only $18 million, for the third consecutive draw (actually $20 million, because the estimated jackpot at draw time last night was revised downward to $144 million).  It would take the jackpot lasting until June 27 for it to break MM's old record at this rate (I'm just assuming, based on what I THINK will happen to the rate of increase as the jackpot gets larger).  With fewer tickets sold per draw than it did when the game initially went to $2/ticket, it's more likely the jackpot will roll, but it has to survive a few more draws for it to set a new record.

---

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19827 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2012, 10:27 am - IP Logged

The PB increases continue to be relatively miniscule.  Once again, it increased by only $18 million, for the third consecutive draw (actually $20 million, because the estimated jackpot at draw time last night was revised downward to $144 million).  It would take the jackpot lasting until June 27 for it to break MM's old record at this rate (I'm just assuming, based on what I THINK will happen to the rate of increase as the jackpot gets larger).  With fewer tickets sold per draw than it did when the game initially went to $2/ticket, it's more likely the jackpot will roll, but it has to survive a few more draws for it to set a new record.

I missed the jackpot being revised downward but now that PB jackpot is ten times that of MM, it will have a short window of opportunity to attract some of the players it lost with its new price and have a chance to grow at the rate they projected with the price increase.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2012, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Since PB changed its matrix and price structure, the MM cash option and jackpot amounts have been close enough to give some players doubt about spending an extra buck for the same odds of winning a prize. 

Now that PB is at $146M/$95.4M and MM has reset to $12M/$9.1M, more players may decide to spend the extra buck on a few tickets.  I usually buy 20 MM tickets without the multiplier but tonight I will give some serious thought to picking up 10 PB tickets if I come up with 10 lines to play before the cut-off time.  This is the first time I've even thought about playing PB since its price change.

I recently committed to playing 2 lines each draw on the PB game. I dont use powerplier (or whatever its called) and I will NEVER pop in and buy an extra 10 or 20 lines.

$32. per month is MORE THAN ENOUGH for me to spend on an overpriced PB game.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19827 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2012, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I recently committed to playing 2 lines each draw on the PB game. I dont use powerplier (or whatever its called) and I will NEVER pop in and buy an extra 10 or 20 lines.

$32. per month is MORE THAN ENOUGH for me to spend on an overpriced PB game.

Aren't you the same member who earlier was looking for someone to partner with to share the expense of playing every bonus numbers in both MM and PB every drawing?   Part of the advantage of playing alone is you can play as many or as few lines as you like when ever.  I gavel up playing PB when its price changed but now I'm taking a second look while MM jackpot is less than $20M.

Evil Looking       

Minnesnowta
                    United States
                    Member #125219
                    March 27, 2012
                    79 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2012, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

PowerBall went to 2 dollars. Big deal. It's two dollars! You don't need to buy 40 tickets each drawing! 1 or two is plenty. You do know the odds of winning right? You people act like its the end up the world because PB went to 2 dollar tickets. Fact is: Mega Millions is a dollar for a 12 million? Or 2 dollars for over a hundred million.

Bunch of cheap asses.

Making dreams on a 1-175 million chance...

Fools we are.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2012, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

PowerBall went to 2 dollars. Big deal. It's two dollars! You don't need to buy 40 tickets each drawing! 1 or two is plenty. You do know the odds of winning right? You people act like its the end up the world because PB went to 2 dollar tickets. Fact is: Mega Millions is a dollar for a 12 million? Or 2 dollars for over a hundred million.

Bunch of cheap asses.

Oh look, its the name caller calling people names again. Maybe its time you stop sucking your thumb and move out of your Mommys house? Oh, yeah,  if you lift the seat when you piss it wont be all wet when you sit down on it. 

If a person is wheeling a line with all the power balls for 10 draws it becomes a $700. ticket instead of $350. ticket before the price increase. OH, you have never seen $700. all at one time before? Ask your Mommy.

Id rather be a cheap asss than a dumb asss.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2012, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Aren't you the same member who earlier was looking for someone to partner with to share the expense of playing every bonus numbers in both MM and PB every drawing?   Part of the advantage of playing alone is you can play as many or as few lines as you like when ever.  I gavel up playing PB when its price changed but now I'm taking a second look while MM jackpot is less than $20M.

Yes RJ,

And this is exactly why we need a BACK TESTING service here at LP. I believe a group of 5000 PB lines wheeled with all the bonus balls would beat out 175,000 RNG lines every time. Not only would the smaller tier hits be better, but they would hit the JP more often.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5600 Posts
                          Posted: May 31, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Bunch of cheap asses.

Green laugh

Always have the option of playing or not playing.

I play simply because even if I only win $100, that's a nice little hit that covers my cost of play for all the games for a month.

Heck, I bought a scratcher for $5 last week and hit for $100. Top prize was $100,000. So to me, $2 for a chance at millions is no big deal. And yeah, I know all about the odds. If I was that overcome with the odds, I wouldn't play ANY lottery game.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Minnesnowta
                            United States
                            Member #125219
                            March 27, 2012
                            79 Posts
                            Posted: May 31, 2012, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Oh look, its the name caller calling people names again. Maybe its time you stop sucking your thumb and move out of your Mommys house? Oh, yeah,  if you lift the seat when you piss it wont be all wet when you sit down on it. 

If a person is wheeling a line with all the power balls for 10 draws it becomes a $700. ticket instead of $350. ticket before the price increase. OH, you have never seen $700. all at one time before? Ask your Mommy.

Id rather be a cheap asss than a dumb asss.

Anybody thinking of spending 350-700 dollars on a lottery game is a dumbass. Like yourself. I hope you never win. Chances are you won't :)

Making dreams on a 1-175 million chance...

Fools we are.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                              Mcminnville, Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #3013
                              December 13, 2003
                              3051 Posts
                              Posted: May 31, 2012, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Anybody thinking of spending 350-700 dollars on a lottery game is a dumbass. Like yourself. I hope you never win. Chances are you won't :)

I thought you could not cuss here at lottery post.  That is awesome that the editor missed that makes me laugh out loud.  Well I will play powerball on saturday for my small $3 play with the powerplay hoping for a big score.-weshar75