Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PowerBall finally may has the edge it's been seeking

Topic closed. 122 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 7 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
NY
United States
Member #121961
January 21, 2012
3159 Posts
Posted: June 3, 2012, 12:56 am - IP Logged

I think the thrill is gone already and most feel they'll never win. Only 23mill tickets sold for a 164mill jackpot. Thats nothing considering the pb has spread around the country. I don't get their lower prize structure. 3+pb=100$   MM pays 150$

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
    Texas
    United States
    Member #92330
    June 5, 2010
    887 Posts
    Posted: June 3, 2012, 2:37 am - IP Logged

Glad nobody hit tonights PB.

I saw the numbers and thought of how close they are to mine and would have been so frustrated if someone else would have hit instead.

9-10-17-29-45 -Winning

8-10-16-39-42 -Mine

I've been feeling like I'm getting closer to hitting the jackpot. Hopefully this isn't the closest I get. I'm wondering whether to play the next draw as I don't really see my numbers hitting , seeing as how it would essentially be the same numbers from tonight.

Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: June 3, 2012, 3:22 am - IP Logged

Alright, well I just scratched my $5 ticket and won $10. Guess I'll throw that money I thought I lost at at multidraw ticket tomorrow for PB. Plus after the initial frustration it kind of feels good knowing that if winning numbers hit that were close to mine then winning numbers could hit that are mine.

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: June 3, 2012, 3:38 am - IP Logged

I saw the numbers and thought of how close they are to mine and would have been so frustrated if someone else would have hit instead.

9-10-17-29-45 -Winning

8-10-16-39-42 -Mine

I've been feeling like I'm getting closer to hitting the jackpot. Hopefully this isn't the closest I get. I'm wondering whether to play the next draw as I don't really see my numbers hitting , seeing as how it would essentially be the same numbers from tonight.

good guess ttech10! the 8 10 is a nice pattern of the 9 10 double...often works for most games...and most doubles...but

a double repeat...who would have thunk?!?!

it will be interesting to see if the double repeat goes into trend...it is a trend that happens in virtually all games...

any body have a skip sequence of double repeats for Powerball or Megaball?  RJoH?  do you have a function for this?

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: June 3, 2012, 7:02 am - IP Logged

9-10-17-29-45 -Winning

8-10-16-39-42 -Mine

continued good luck to you!

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: June 3, 2012, 9:33 am - IP Logged

I think the thrill is gone already and most feel they'll never win. Only 23mill tickets sold for a 164mill jackpot. Thats nothing considering the pb has spread around the country. I don't get their lower prize structure. 3+pb=100$   MM pays 150$

Sadly enough, that's the most tickets they sold in a single draw since their $325 million jackpot last February!

---

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19895 Posts
              Posted: June 3, 2012, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Sadly enough, that's the most tickets they sold in a single draw since their $325 million jackpot last February!

Even with a jackpot more than 5x that of MM, PB only sold about 1.5x as many tickets.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the game within a year but I can't imagine what they would be if MM doesn't increase its price to $2.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19895 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2012, 10:18 am - IP Logged

good guess ttech10! the 8 10 is a nice pattern of the 9 10 double...often works for most games...and most doubles...but

a double repeat...who would have thunk?!?!

it will be interesting to see if the double repeat goes into trend...it is a trend that happens in virtually all games...

any body have a skip sequence of double repeats for Powerball or Megaball?  RJoH?  do you have a function for this?

any body have a skip sequence of double repeats for Powerball or Megaball?  RJoH?  do you......

Sorry, I can't get a handle on what you are talking about.   The number sets of 8&10 and 9&10 have never caught my attention and I've never seen the term "skip sequence of double repeats"  except in your posts.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2012, 11:21 am - IP Logged

any body have a skip sequence of double repeats for Powerball or Megaball?  RJoH?  do you......

Sorry, I can't get a handle on what you are talking about.   The number sets of 8&10 and 9&10 have never caught my attention and I've never seen the term "skip sequence of double repeats"  except in your posts.

Its just some imaginary BS I'm sure. (Although I do think unreliable trends can happen)

I don't see what is so great about ttech MATCHING ONE NUMBER???

Winner- 9-10-17-29-45

My card- 8-10-17-29-47

And I forgot to post my regular numbers on maddogs challenge which would have given me a winning 3+0

wb: 3,4,9,10,17,18,27,28,47,48,51,52

pb: 1,2,3,4

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: June 3, 2012, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Its just some imaginary BS I'm sure. (Although I do think unreliable trends can happen)

I don't see what is so great about ttech MATCHING ONE NUMBER???

Winner- 9-10-17-29-45

My card- 8-10-17-29-47

And I forgot to post my regular numbers on maddogs challenge which would have given me a winning 3+0

wb: 3,4,9,10,17,18,27,28,47,48,51,52

pb: 1,2,3,4

I didn't find it too great either, lol. With your number I'd be shaking my head even more. Were you the other member a while back who was getting multiple number hits in consecutive draws?

I've been playing that line on Powerball and Megamillions for the past two months or so and I've noticed it's gotten one number in most PB draws, I think all have hit except my PB/MB.

I'm glad I didn't get a win of 3+0 or more since I'd have it in my head that I need to change up my numbers in order to get a jackpot. Oh well though, that's the game. Spent my scratchoff winnings today on my lines for the week.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

I didn't find it too great either, lol. With your number I'd be shaking my head even more. Were you the other member a while back who was getting multiple number hits in consecutive draws?

I've been playing that line on Powerball and Megamillions for the past two months or so and I've noticed it's gotten one number in most PB draws, I think all have hit except my PB/MB.

I'm glad I didn't get a win of 3+0 or more since I'd have it in my head that I need to change up my numbers in order to get a jackpot. Oh well though, that's the game. Spent my scratchoff winnings today on my lines for the week.

Not sure why, but its not unusual for me to get "close" even with only one or two lines. The first time I ever played lotto I got the first 4 out of 5 numbers and threw the ticket away thinking I needed all 5. (I was 19 years old at the time)

I bought a single MM QP line the other day looking for "elimination" numbers and matched 2. lol.

It can happen to me with slot machines at times also. I played one time EVER at the Vegas airport. Walked over with $20. in my hand and "picked" a quarter machine and won $250. on the 3 or 4th pull. (I was passing through Vegas, not there gambling)

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1654 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2012, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Old Powerball: (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-39)

New And Improved Powerball: (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-35) What?No NodNo No

First (5) positions are consistent and have the same odds as the "Old Powerball"...same amount of numbers/combinations. They must still be matched, though, with only (4) less powerball combinations. This is why I say the odds are still the same. The "meat" of the game is in the first (5) positions and the amount of numbers to draw from...they didn't touch those at all.

They should've simply advertised less powerballs to match because this is what it really boils down to from where I'm observing. If it has a bill, walks like a duck, quacks like, and yells, "Sufferin' succotash!!!"...then I call it a d*amn duck!!!Cussing Face

L.L.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: June 3, 2012, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

I think I can explain that, RJOh.

I think "skip sequence of double repeats" means the same as what we would call the "replicating non-absence of linear void in shadowed duplicates" in the venacular.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: June 3, 2012, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Old Powerball: (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-39)

New And Improved Powerball: (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-59) (1-35) What?No NodNo No

First (5) positions are consistent and have the same odds as the "Old Powerball"...same amount of numbers/combinations. They must still be matched, though, with only (4) less powerball combinations. This is why I say the odds are still the same. The "meat" of the game is in the first (5) positions and the amount of numbers to draw from...they didn't touch those at all.

They should've simply advertised less powerballs to match because this is what it really boils down to from where I'm observing. If it has a bill, walks like a duck, quacks like, and yells, "Sufferin' succotash!!!"...then I call it a d*amn duck!!!Cussing Face

L.L.

Obviously PB wants to eventually reign supreme by having the first ever $1 billion prize and it doesn't matter how many LLs scream and cry and kick all along the way because when it happens all the little LLs will be first in line getting their $100. worth of QPs so they can share the 1 billion $$$s with someone.

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #92330
                              June 5, 2010
                              887 Posts
                              Posted: June 3, 2012, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Not sure why, but its not unusual for me to get "close" even with only one or two lines. The first time I ever played lotto I got the first 4 out of 5 numbers and threw the ticket away thinking I needed all 5. (I was 19 years old at the time)

I bought a single MM QP line the other day looking for "elimination" numbers and matched 2. lol.

It can happen to me with slot machines at times also. I played one time EVER at the Vegas airport. Walked over with $20. in my hand and "picked" a quarter machine and won $250. on the 3 or 4th pull. (I was passing through Vegas, not there gambling)

I've had luck at Vegas slots but nothing else. Most I've won on number draw games was $8 on a state pick 5.