Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PowerBall finally may has the edge it's been seeking

Topic closed. 122 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 4 of 9
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2012, 5:33 am - IP Logged

With PB, the ticket CANNOT BE VOIDED! Most of the time store have no problem selling the mistake ticket, otherwise they must eat it. Crying

McG...can you explain to me the logic in not being able to void a ticket?  It is perfectly acceptable and easily possible to void a daily numbers game...ie...pick 3 and pick 4...

when did it become harder than brain surgery to void an unwanted Jackpot game ticket?

This must be the biggest scam since the dot com bubble...

Even at the racetrack...you have the option of voiding the ticket before the race ends...

when did the computers get so dumb?

are the lottery commission so desperate for the publics money that they dont allow a ticket to be voided???

the only word i think of when i ponder this is SCAM...Dupe Alert

also maybe fraud!!BS

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2012, 5:49 am - IP Logged

Actually the way the clerk explained it to me, there was no customer involved. The previous clerk had just inadvertently hit the keys by accident,

and presto, 5 easy picks popped out. No lawsuit here, unless the lottery clerk decides to change her story. This is all caught on video, I'm not

concerned in the least. I'm also a regular customer at this supermarket, and pretty much know everyone there on a first name basis.

Was the clerk Jamaican?  This sounds like the partial easypick lucky mistake ticket scam ring that has been going around Nepal lately...Jester

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:12 am - IP Logged

McG...can you explain to me the logic in not being able to void a ticket?  It is perfectly acceptable and easily possible to void a daily numbers game...ie...pick 3 and pick 4...

when did it become harder than brain surgery to void an unwanted Jackpot game ticket?

This must be the biggest scam since the dot com bubble...

Even at the racetrack...you have the option of voiding the ticket before the race ends...

when did the computers get so dumb?

are the lottery commission so desperate for the publics money that they dont allow a ticket to be voided???

the only word i think of when i ponder this is SCAM...Dupe Alert

also maybe fraud!!BS

It's nothin' to do about logic Boner. Speaking for my state at least, I have run across this situation multiple times, with multiple clerks.

If a PB ticket is rung up for a customer (EP or self-pick), you are expected to pay for those tickets. If you change your mind and refuse to pay, I

suppose you could just start fuming, and run out of the store without paying. The terminals are not able to void the PB ticket, hence is the reason

I was able to purchase a $10 "mistake" ticket a few days ago.

You are correct that the pick 3 and pick 4 are able to be voided however. I think the reason for the no-void policy, may have to do with the multi-state

PB agreement. (MUSL). Perhaps some hot-shot know it all, would like to further elaborate on this.  Conehead

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:27 am - IP Logged

Was the clerk Jamaican?  This sounds like the partial easypick lucky mistake ticket scam ring that has been going around Nepal lately...Jester

The clerk was a middle aged woman. I didn't feel it was appropriate nor necessary, to ask for her ethnical background.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:30 am - IP Logged

The clerk was a middle aged woman. I didn't feel it was appropriate nor necessary, to ask for her ethnical background.

Was she a middle aged Jamaican?ROFL

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:35 am - IP Logged

If a PB ticket is rung up for a customer (EP or self-pick), you are expected to pay for those tickets. If you change your mind and refuse to pay, I

suppose you could just start fuming, and run out of the store without paying. The terminals are not able to void the PB ticket, hence is the reason

Two serious question arise here...1)what is the procedure for errors???

Neither the clerk or the customer should be expected by lottery gods to eat errors...

2) Why are terminals unable to void tickets?  It seem discriminatory to allow voiding of one game and not another...

Yes...we need some MUSL genius gophers to pitch in here...Conehead

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:35 am - IP Logged

Was she a middle aged Jamaican?ROFL

Since she appeared to have 3 heads and six legs, I'm assuming she was a middle aged "alien". Hippy

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:39 am - IP Logged

Two serious question arise here...1)what is the procedure for errors???

Neither the clerk or the customer should be expected by lottery gods to eat errors...

2) Why are terminals unable to void tickets?  It seem discriminatory to allow voiding of one game and not another...

Yes...we need some MUSL genius gophers to pitch in here...Conehead

The giant LP brains will respond soon Boner, they can't resist demonstrating their cerebral grey matter in these fuzzy matters. Conehead

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:44 am - IP Logged

Since she appeared to have 3 heads and six legs, I'm assuming she was a middle aged "alien". Hippy

Yes six legs and 2 and 1/2 heads usually gives it away...thats obvious...but was she a "friendly" or a "hostile"??Evil Looking

Did she have her papers?  Was she an illegal alien?Jester Laugh

I have heard McG...that humans possess gray matter in their solar plexus area...

that is why when you have a gut instinct...its actually thinking occuring in gray matter in an area separate from your head...

have you or anybody else heard of this as well??Sun Smiley

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:50 am - IP Logged

Yes six legs and 2 and 1/2 heads usually gives it away...thats obvious...but was she a "friendly" or a "hostile"??Evil Looking

Did she have her papers?  Was she an illegal alien?Jester Laugh

I have heard McG...that humans possess gray matter in their solar plexus area...

that is why when you have a gut instinct...its actually thinking occuring in gray matter in an area separate from your head...

have you or anybody else heard of this as well??Sun Smiley

Whoops...no she had 3 heads, remember? She was quite "friendly" to me. She had some "newspapers" tucked in her uniform. As I was exiting

the store, I happen to glance over and notice that her alien status card was marked "legal".   Thumbs Up

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:55 am - IP Logged

Whoops...no she had 3 heads, remember? She was quite "friendly" to me. She had some "newspapers" tucked in her uniform. As I was exiting

the store, I happen to glance over and notice that her alien status card was marked "legal".   Thumbs Up

well if you round 2.5 up you get three...the point being is are the lottery gods also aliens? how many heads does it take to gender suspicion??

they seem to have us by the balls...and if you count your jamaican lady legal "alien"...by the ovaries...

newspapers in her uniform?? was she homeless??

What were the numbers on those lucky tickets?? Maybe you should track them...

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: June 1, 2012, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

well if you round 2.5 up you get three...the point being is are the lottery gods also aliens? how many heads does it take to gender suspicion??

they seem to have us by the balls...and if you count your jamaican lady legal "alien"...by the ovaries...

newspapers in her uniform?? was she homeless??

What were the numbers on those lucky tickets?? Maybe you should track them...

Every person on LP should be interested in playing those "mistake" lines. If we all played them at the same time and we hit, it would be another "fortune cookie" incident.

A big investigation and everything.

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2012, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Every person on LP should be interested in playing those "mistake" lines. If we all played them at the same time and we hit, it would be another "fortune cookie" incident.

A big investigation and everything.

you know i used work at that fortune cookie company in long island city...i was the one who put the numbers for printing on the fortunes...

Yes it is true, i created the urban legand phenomena...almost landed in jail....to bad i didn't play my own numbers!!

Jester Laugh

ok i am just being silly...

Minnesnowta
                            United States
                            Member #125219
                            March 27, 2012
                            79 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

I somewhat disagree.  I can see where a person who chooses QP would be foolish to spend that kind of money.   I can also see where a person who has developed a profitable winning algorithym would be foolish NOT spending that kind of money if his parameters indicate a win.

The decision one must make depends entirely upon what facts they have at their disposal.

You show me that person and I'll show you a liar.

Making dreams on a 1-175 million chance...

Fools we are.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

you know i used work at that fortune cookie company in long island city...i was the one who put the numbers for printing on the fortunes...

Yes it is true, i created the urban legand phenomena...almost landed in jail....to bad i didn't play my own numbers!!

Jester Laugh

ok i am just being silly...

I absolutely would have believed the the great LottoBoner was in on that fiasco. Someone had to pick those "random" numbers.

The one thing we know for sure about the LottoBoner is that he is not a race track beter. If he were he would know that you can only void a ticket before the race BEGINS...... not before it ENDS lol. Those tote machines lock down so tight right before the bell rings that the owner of the track couldn't get them going again.... at least not till the next race starts betting.

OK, I know that's what you meant but what a funny thought of everyone running to "void" there tickets during the race.

I have voided my tickets at the track and felt like a big winner with my money back in my pocket. lol.