Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 216 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2013, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Maybe boney could coast with his reptilian appendages?

Now Jimmy wants to rectify your omission, I think I would have to pass on that........

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2013, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

You know no educated mathematician takes the crap Gail Howard writes seriously.

Any educated mathematician would also say that 100 documented winners was a fluke.

A statistical anomaly. A Deviation from the Norm.

Gail Howard Theory is vital to winning a jackpot because she gives good examples of what types of patterns a player needs to look for in order to "get better odds"

Her promotion of the 0/1/2-5 pattern is interesting, but in my opinion it takes second place to the 0/1/2 - 4 pattern, which in turn takes second place to the 0/1/2 - 3 pattern and so on and so on until you get to the best pattern of them all.  The 0-0-0-0 pattern.

Her book is very good.  Could it be better regarding the flag formation as it pertains to a driving a force in the randomization of numbers?  Then yes.

Would a good explanation of the standard deviation in various flag formation patterns be important and sublimely interesting?  Well yes again. 

GH is as droney says, a great marketer.  But her wealth is derived mainly in my opinion, in the marketing of wheels, and wheeling systems and wheeling programs.  And if you are going to fault her on that, then you might as well fault todd for offering abbreviated wheels with upgraded memberships.

GH is retired mostly from the circuit, that is why less people win, because she doesn't answer any HARD questions anymore, like she used to regarding the lottery, and the LFF, and frankly there is nobody that can. (Maybe Richard Lustig can, he has some good luck) but I already asked him and he didn't answer.  (if that is even him)

GH played in New York, and I sincerely believe her dissemination of knowledge is what prompted NYL to turn a 6/40 +1  into a 6/59 +1

That is the only explanation, and yes GH did get a 5/6 in New York, and I think that's darn good because I have not been able to do that yet in my 6/59 +1 or my 6/40Snowman

"Gail Howard Theory is vital to winning a jackpot because she gives good examples of what types of patterns a player needs to look for in order to "get better odds""

If her theory is so vital to winning a jackpot, why hasn't even one of her many followers at LP mentioned a significant prize he/she won using her theory? 

Her stuff might have been good before computers when players depended on lottery magazines articles  for their information.  But with computer, most players can know as much in an hour of browsing the Internet as they can reading her book.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2013, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

"Gail Howard Theory is vital to winning a jackpot because she gives good examples of what types of patterns a player needs to look for in order to "get better odds""

If her theory is so vital to winning a jackpot, why hasn't even one of her many followers at LP mentioned a significant prize he/she won using her theory? 

Her stuff might have been good before computers when players depended on lottery magazines articles  for their information.  But with computer, most players can know as much in an hour of browsing the Internet as they can reading her book.

I Agree! No one has even simulated a big win, much less hit a big win.........

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2013, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

With simulation there are no limits. It seems a GH'er could run circles around me with their predictions?

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: January 3, 2013, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

I wonder what it would take to get Boney to put a little skin in the game each draw???

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2013, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

My latest concoction is $15. twice a week. That's around $120. per month for people who cant add. (boney)

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2013, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm holding off on playing those 114 lines wheels for a few draws. lol. lol.Yes Nod

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2013, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Have a good night everyone.......................Bed

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7322 Posts
                    Posted: January 4, 2013, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Of course.....  he's promoting a person agenda lol.Disapprove

He's just using mathemtical proof, and provable concepts, to explain the nature of these games.  Your silly argument about thosands of groups of numbers matching multiple drawings holds no bearing over the odds.  What you're explaining is basically innevitable to find those patterns in a fair game, which no combo has better odds.

If you guys don't get that, it's not our problem, nor is it his.  You guys are just chasing a silly dream, and those of you who get lucky will think it was skill.

"Your silly argument about thosands of groups of numbers matching multiple drawings holds no bearing over the odds."

It's really not complicated math. What is the possible amount of numbers (excluding the bonus number) in five MM drawings?

If the answer is 25, over 19,000 groups of 28 numbers will match five numbers in five consecutive drawings. I know Jimmy has an effect on some of our members, but even our village idiot knows it's a statistical fact.

"What you're explaining is basically innevitable to find those patterns in a fair game, which no combo has better odds."

Do the math, it's not just inevitable or a pattern; it's a mathematical fact.

"If you guys don't get that, it's not our problem, nor is it his."

If you're over 6 years-old and don't know 28 numbers is more than 25 numbers, there is nothing more to say.

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: January 4, 2013, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I have mentioned a significant prize using her theory, and a Jackpot winner that was helping us in NY has mentioned it, maybe you missed it. However I am not sure what your criteria for significant is.  Sometimes I seriously wonder where you get your info from.  I hope its not boney. Although that would explain a lot.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/241371

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7322 Posts
                        Posted: January 4, 2013, 2:10 am - IP Logged

You know no educated mathematician takes the crap Gail Howard writes seriously.

Any educated mathematician would also say that 100 documented winners was a fluke.

A statistical anomaly. A Deviation from the Norm.

Gail Howard Theory is vital to winning a jackpot because she gives good examples of what types of patterns a player needs to look for in order to "get better odds"

Her promotion of the 0/1/2-5 pattern is interesting, but in my opinion it takes second place to the 0/1/2 - 4 pattern, which in turn takes second place to the 0/1/2 - 3 pattern and so on and so on until you get to the best pattern of them all.  The 0-0-0-0 pattern.

Her book is very good.  Could it be better regarding the flag formation as it pertains to a driving a force in the randomization of numbers?  Then yes.

Would a good explanation of the standard deviation in various flag formation patterns be important and sublimely interesting?  Well yes again. 

GH is as droney says, a great marketer.  But her wealth is derived mainly in my opinion, in the marketing of wheels, and wheeling systems and wheeling programs.  And if you are going to fault her on that, then you might as well fault todd for offering abbreviated wheels with upgraded memberships.

GH is retired mostly from the circuit, that is why less people win, because she doesn't answer any HARD questions anymore, like she used to regarding the lottery, and the LFF, and frankly there is nobody that can. (Maybe Richard Lustig can, he has some good luck) but I already asked him and he didn't answer.  (if that is even him)

GH played in New York, and I sincerely believe her dissemination of knowledge is what prompted NYL to turn a 6/40 +1  into a 6/59 +1

That is the only explanation, and yes GH did get a 5/6 in New York, and I think that's darn good because I have not been able to do that yet in my 6/59 +1 or my 6/40Snowman

"Gail Howard Theory is vital to winning a jackpot because she gives good examples of what types of patterns a player needs to look for in order to "get better odds"

Why is it when Ms. Howard says it's possible "to get better odds" because "she gives good examples" you say it's written in stone, but when I say because of a statistical fact thousands of groups of 28 will have five consecutive five number matches in every drawing, you call it a "silly argument"?

"But her wealth is derived mainly in my opinion, in the marketing of wheels, and wheeling systems and wheeling programs."

Until Robert Serotic published better wheels and helped to develop the first lottery PC program for Windows 3.1. I'm not knocking Gail or her logic of players wheeling their favorite numbers to get better payoffs when their number are drawn, but what Jimmy doesn't understand and you should, is her  methods, Serotic's, LP's, or anyone else's wheels are based on "better ways for players who are now playing the same game". It's obvious Howard's programs today are more sophisticated than "enter your favorite numbers left to right from most favored to least favored using her patented template", but majority of her market is still players that already are playing the game.

Hopefully everyone knows 25 numbers is less than 28 numbers, but you want to debate the impossibility of using it to get better odds even though Gail Howard says the same thing. Are you saying we're silly because "she gives good examples"?

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2013, 2:17 am - IP Logged

"Gail Howard Theory is vital to winning a jackpot because she gives good examples of what types of patterns a player needs to look for in order to "get better odds"

Why is it when Ms. Howard says it's possible "to get better odds" because "she gives good examples" you say it's written in stone, but when I say because of a statistical fact thousands of groups of 28 will have five consecutive five number matches in every drawing, you call it a "silly argument"?

"But her wealth is derived mainly in my opinion, in the marketing of wheels, and wheeling systems and wheeling programs."

Until Robert Serotic published better wheels and helped to develop the first lottery PC program for Windows 3.1. I'm not knocking Gail or her logic of players wheeling their favorite numbers to get better payoffs when their number are drawn, but what Jimmy doesn't understand and you should, is her  methods, Serotic's, LP's, or anyone else's wheels are based on "better ways for players who are now playing the same game". It's obvious Howard's programs today are more sophisticated than "enter your favorite numbers left to right from most favored to least favored using her patented template", but majority of her market is still players that already are playing the game.

Hopefully everyone knows 25 numbers is less than 28 numbers, but you want to debate the impossibility of using it to get better odds even though Gail Howard says the same thing. Are you saying we're silly because "she gives good examples"?

Why is it when Ms. Howard says it's possible "to get better odds" because "she gives good examples" you say it's written in stone, but when I say because of a statistical fact thousands of groups of 28 will have five consecutive five number matches in every drawing, you call it a "silly argument"?

Good question stack.

I hope your not confusing the boneyNo Nod with the boner.Yes Nod

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: January 4, 2013, 2:22 am - IP Logged

With simulation there are no limits. It seems a GH'er could run circles around me with their predictions?

I can Ronnie.  Although I dont really consider myself a GH'er, because I discovered my system independent from GH influence.  But I admire her tenacity in her goal to understand the lottery.  I just happend to buy the book, and the program after I was already winning, and I still believe it was a good investment.  If you want to do a simulation thats fine, but I would prefer an easier game.

I cant speak for others.  True GH'ers dont really exist anymore, or rather they aren't being created like they used to because as I mentioned before GH is no longer on the circuit.  She used to do radio, tv, seminars.  Her knowledge is dying.  Although her book was a bestseller on Amazon, there is no way to ask her serious question.  If you want to find out then you are going to have to do it yourself, and many people aren't willing to do that.  Heck many people aren't even willing to find an interesting avatar.

I would be very curious to know what the standard deviation in the LFF is as a function of numbers within the matrix.

But as I said before that is a question for a more mathy person such as RJ, Stack or Serge, and maybe Todd.

Not for me and not for Boney.

Now thats something tangible that math could be used for.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2013, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I have mentioned a significant prize using her theory, and a Jackpot winner that was helping us in NY has mentioned it, maybe you missed it. However I am not sure what your criteria for significant is.  Sometimes I seriously wonder where you get your info from.  I hope its not boney. Although that would explain a lot.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/241371

I didn't see anything in that link by you or anyone else about her theory being helpful for anything.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Page 216 of 353