Welcome Guest
You last visited April 28, 2017, 5:38 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 217 of 353
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
20021 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2013, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I can Ronnie.  Although I dont really consider myself a GH'er, because I discovered my system independent from GH influence.  But I admire her tenacity in her goal to understand the lottery.  I just happend to buy the book, and the program after I was already winning, and I still believe it was a good investment.  If you want to do a simulation thats fine, but I would prefer an easier game.

I cant speak for others.  True GH'ers dont really exist anymore, or rather they aren't being created like they used to because as I mentioned before GH is no longer on the circuit.  She used to do radio, tv, seminars.  Her knowledge is dying.  Although her book was a bestseller on Amazon, there is no way to ask her serious question.  If you want to find out then you are going to have to do it yourself, and many people aren't willing to do that.  Heck many people aren't even willing to find an interesting avatar.

I would be very curious to know what the standard deviation in the LFF is as a function of numbers within the matrix.

But as I said before that is a question for a more mathy person such as RJ, Stack or Serge, and maybe Todd.

Not for me and not for Boney.

Now thats something tangible that math could be used for.

"I would be very curious to know what the standard deviation in the LFF is as a function of numbers within the matrix."

"If you want to find out then you are going to have to do it yourself, and many people aren't willing to do that."

You should read what you're writing and take your own advice.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2013, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

"Gail Howard Theory is vital to winning a jackpot because she gives good examples of what types of patterns a player needs to look for in order to "get better odds"

Why is it when Ms. Howard says it's possible "to get better odds" because "she gives good examples" you say it's written in stone, but when I say because of a statistical fact thousands of groups of 28 will have five consecutive five number matches in every drawing, you call it a "silly argument"?

"But her wealth is derived mainly in my opinion, in the marketing of wheels, and wheeling systems and wheeling programs."

Until Robert Serotic published better wheels and helped to develop the first lottery PC program for Windows 3.1. I'm not knocking Gail or her logic of players wheeling their favorite numbers to get better payoffs when their number are drawn, but what Jimmy doesn't understand and you should, is her  methods, Serotic's, LP's, or anyone else's wheels are based on "better ways for players who are now playing the same game". It's obvious Howard's programs today are more sophisticated than "enter your favorite numbers left to right from most favored to least favored using her patented template", but majority of her market is still players that already are playing the game.

Hopefully everyone knows 25 numbers is less than 28 numbers, but you want to debate the impossibility of using it to get better odds even though Gail Howard says the same thing. Are you saying we're silly because "she gives good examples"?

Stack47,

Why is it when Ms. Howard says it's possible "to get better odds" because "she gives good examples" you say it's written in stone, but when I say because of a  statistical fact thousands of groups of 28 will have five consecutive five number matches in every drawing, you call it a "silly argument"?

It's silly because it neglects the additional facts that you must multiply your [higher] probability of winning based on a reduced field of 28 numbers TIMES the probability of selecting the CORRECT set of 28 and TIMES the reciprocal of the number of tickets you would purchase.

--Jimmy4164

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #99032
      October 18, 2010
      1439 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2013, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

Why is it when Ms. Howard says it's possible "to get better odds" because "she gives good examples" you say it's written in stone, but when I say because of a  statistical fact thousands of groups of 28 will have five consecutive five number matches in every drawing, you call it a "silly argument"?

It's silly because it neglects the additional facts that you must multiply your [higher] probability of winning based on a reduced field of 28 numbers TIMES the probability of selecting the CORRECT set of 28 and TIMES the reciprocal of the number of tickets you would purchase.

--Jimmy4164

Hit the nail on the head.

Just b/c you, Stack, are listing what I will assume is a true fact regarding grouping up numbers - does not mean that the fact you are listing is relevant in the pursuit of better odds.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Hit the nail on the head.

Just b/c you, Stack, are listing what I will assume is a true fact regarding grouping up numbers - does not mean that the fact you are listing is relevant in the pursuit of better odds.

This is stating to be bizarre Boney.

If a person gets BETTER ODDS on a consistent basis does that count for anything with you??

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2013, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

And you Jimmy, in a short term trial all players posted better than average wins (except Boney) does that mean anything at all to you.........?????????

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
            Park City, UT
            United States
            Member #69864
            January 18, 2009
            1000 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2013, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I not only consider PB and MM big games but also Ohio's Classic Lotto which is a 6/49 game which has matched 1-3 of the numbers in the previous drawing 56% of its 932 drawings.

The math says the probability of a number not repeating from the last draw for a 6/49 game is 44.74%.  So the probability of a number repeating from the previous draw is 100 - 44.74 or 55.26% which pretty much aligns up with your observed results of 56%.

Its not apples to oranges using a 6/49 game because you have less total white balls and you have 6 numbers versus 5.  With less total white balls and more balls per draw then the odds of a number repeating from the previous draw go up.

Jimmy

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #99032
              October 18, 2010
              1439 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2013, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

What he basically said, in overly complex terms is "if you pick lots of huge groups of numbers, some will go on streaks."  Is that really suprising?  That out of the huge amounts of possibile combinations of 28 numbers will appear to be on a streak?  That's not odd, that's expected.  And it means nothing in terms of your picks winning in the future.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: January 4, 2013, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

To find better odds, you have to define what makes better odds. Why is one group of numbers better than another?

You have to use empirical data to answer this question.  You have to find the ebb and flow within the data set to create a model.

That which happens most often is more likely to happen again.

Thus to find parameters that occurmore often will by default give you better odds.

Stack is declaring a statement based on empirical data, but the more important question is why is this true and what are the more important variables to track and quantify that will lead this to be true and predictable trend in the long term.

Ronnie has already stated he tracks Odd/Even occurrence. 

And he has been quite successful.  So this whole debate is meaningless.

What is important is building on what has already been proven to be true, and to try to find the inner workings of random.

Not TEARING it DOWN.

Granted all odd/even are not the meat and potatos of the bell curve distribution, but it doesn't mean it doesn't kick some serious ass.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

So is it ok with you to take advantage of a "streak" and win the lottery without regard for the future?

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

"I would be very curious to know what the standard deviation in the LFF is as a function of numbers within the matrix."

"If you want to find out then you are going to have to do it yourself, and many people aren't willing to do that."

When I win my jackpot, I will pay you to do it for me.Thumbs Up

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Set of 12 eliminations for MM. Fri. Jan. 4, 2013.

02 14 18 20 22 25 30 36 37 40 43 54

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

So is it ok with you to take advantage of a "streak" and win the lottery without regard for the future?

I am cool with hit but some people on this thread seem to Disapprove You would think these people work for MUSL.

And sometimes its not even  a streak.  Its just more akin to a one in 1 in a 100 chance at a haymaker blow.

Because the tails of the bell curve dont really streak per se, its more of pop goes the weasel kind of deal" Here I am!,hope you were paying attention! see you next year!"

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                          Whiskey Island
                          United States
                          Member #90216
                          April 24, 2010
                          12893 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

To find better odds, you have to define what makes better odds. Why is one group of numbers better than another?

You have to use empirical data to answer this question.  You have to find the ebb and flow within the data set to create a model.

That which happens most often is more likely to happen again.

Thus to find parameters that occurmore often will by default give you better odds.

Stack is declaring a statement based on empirical data, but the more important question is why is this true and what are the more important variables to track and quantify that will lead this to be true and predictable trend in the long term.

Ronnie has already stated he tracks Odd/Even occurrence. 

And he has been quite successful.  So this whole debate is meaningless.

What is important is building on what has already been proven to be true, and to try to find the inner workings of random.

Not TEARING it DOWN.

Granted all odd/even are not the meat and potatos of the bell curve distribution, but it doesn't mean it doesn't kick some serious ass.

LB ,

You're right its the Ebb and Flow you must Find . That why you Must use Wave Form Analysis and Regression Analysis to create the Right Data for Future game play .

CW4

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

I am cool with hit but some people on this thread seem to Disapprove You would think these people work for MUSL.

And sometimes its not even  a streak.  Its just more akin to a one in 1 in a 100 chance at a haymaker blow.

Because the tails of the bell curve dont really streak per se, its more of pop goes the weasel kind of deal" Here I am!,hope you were paying attention! see you next year!"

Exactly, the whole point here is demonstating a winning selection of numbers.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Fri. Jan. 4, 2013.

01 03 04 05 06 07 10 11 12 13 19 21 24 26 28 29 31 32 33 34 39 41 42 44 48 51 52 56

bonus ball 10

Page 217 of 353