Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 267 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2013, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie316,

Why is a question about the results of your 25 plays in a Megamillions drawing "divisive?"

Could it be because you don't like what the answer reveals?

And are you sure no one cares?  I disagree, and consequently, I've decided to answer the question you should have answered yourself, myself.  I'm sure you could have received some assistance from rdgrnr, who has lots of free time, so much so that he/she volunteers many hours per week here at LP, helping to keep it a well oiled machine, but you must be so busy that you never even thought of that.

Stay tuned - an analysis of your 25 picks is being prepared.

--Jimmy4164

First off jim, I answered BOTH question in my own way. Feel free to give yourself an answer to your own questions. And please answer yourself in your own way........ if you must.

Second, the last time you made a plea for readers to post, several new posters said they were much more interested in looking for ways to get BETTER ODDS than your constant nagging and bickering.

The only people who came to your aid were bonehead and med.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2013, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Jester  Conehead  Hat

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2013, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Stooges

jim              BH             med

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

But you have already admitted that you have no strategy, that your "success", such as it is, is merely a product of good guessing.  So why do you continue to pitch this idea that you have some monumental strategy that makes you BETTER than everyone else when we all know that's not true?

When you think about it, if you guys had such a great scientific perspective you would be asking questions NOT telling everyone what you already KNOW.............

For example when your "One in 1000" blog was in operation HOW were you able to MISS hitting 5 of 5 so many times when, from a statistical point of view you should have hit (on average) every 21.7 draws??

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
          upstate NY
          United States
          Member #108791
          March 31, 2011
          549 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing x, because of the P.E.F. these number combinations have BETTER ODDS.

And that is why this entire thread, and you by association, is a complete and utter fraud.  "I get better odds because I say so."  No mathematical facts, no reproducible methods, just raw, unfiltered EGO.

Patriot

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

And that is why this entire thread, and you by association, is a complete and utter fraud.  "I get better odds because I say so."  No mathematical facts, no reproducible methods, just raw, unfiltered EGO.

That works for me, are you saying that doesn't work for you??

upstate NY
              United States
              Member #108791
              March 31, 2011
              549 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Tue. Jan. 29, 2013.

01 02 03 04 07 08 11 12 16 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 29 30 34 38 39 41 42 44 49 54 55 56

bonus ball 10

And what are your odds, hmmm?  Or are we not going to know that until after the drawing and you "calculate" your "odds" based on how good your guess was?

Patriot

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

And what are your odds, hmmm?  Or are we not going to know that until after the drawing and you "calculate" your "odds" based on how good your guess was?

You must be off your meds, I never that I "guess" at the numbers and I dont.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Are these ideas you've "bandied about" ? Because it sounds like complaining to me.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Besides, you didn't answer the question about your blog.

upstate NY
                      United States
                      Member #108791
                      March 31, 2011
                      549 Posts
                      Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

So your saying that "good guessing" is NOT a strategy?

What makes you think your personal dekintion of "good guessing" ia a universally accepted one?

Perhaps my "good guessing" is only one of the many means by which a player can get BETTER ODDS?

We all know its way BETTER than your "One in 1000" means of "good guessing"

"Good guessing" does nobody but you any good, not if you're just pulling numbers out of thin air.  Informed guessing might be useful, but I haven't seen you put forth any ideas on what consistutes an informed guess.  (Besides, you can't beat random, but since we passed that exit ages ago, we might as well not even mention it.)

You asked me the question, but we could just as easily ask the same of you:  What makes you think your personal defintion of "good guessing" is a universally accepted one?

And your constant insistence on bringing up a project that I abandoned MONTHS ago -- and, for the umpteenth time, a project that was NOT attempting to win a jackpot, no matter how many times you say otherwise -- proves that that you are completely and utterly obsessed with me.  Still bitter that I refused to be your personal programming slave?  I see you managed to convince Stack to carry your water, though; how much is that costing you?

Patriot

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

"Good guessing" does nobody but you any good, not if you're just pulling numbers out of thin air.  Informed guessing might be useful, but I haven't seen you put forth any ideas on what consistutes an informed guess.  (Besides, you can't beat random, but since we passed that exit ages ago, we might as well not even mention it.)

You asked me the question, but we could just as easily ask the same of you:  What makes you think your personal defintion of "good guessing" is a universally accepted one?

And your constant insistence on bringing up a project that I abandoned MONTHS ago -- and, for the umpteenth time, a project that was NOT attempting to win a jackpot, no matter how many times you say otherwise -- proves that that you are completely and utterly obsessed with me.  Still bitter that I refused to be your personal programming slave?  I see you managed to convince Stack to carry your water, though; how much is that costing you?

I convinced Stack of something? And how much did it cost me? Now your just making yourself look stupid.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

If your so scientific and accurate with your belief you would be happy to show your results for analysis.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Statistically you should have hit 5 of 5 every 21.7 draws no matter how hard you were "not trying to win"

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

So Stack is my be-otch now?? Is that what you are trying to say? We don't call you "med" for nothing.

Page 267 of 353