Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 276 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2013, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

jimmy4164,

I think you said,  that you like to,  Tinker Around,

with digits

In the last,  25 or so, Draws of Mega Millions,

Last Digital  1  has    "doubled"   FIVE  TIMES

for those who don't know,  which  I'm sure Jimmy does

doubled  would be numbers like

1 and 21,   -or-  11 and 41,    -or-      31 and 51,   or    51 and  21     (you get the idea)

Now in that little time frame theres been more  "doubles"

Digit Three--  3 times

Digit Four--   3 times

Digit Eight--  3 times 

Digit Two--   2 times

Digit Five--    2 times

Digit Seven-- 2 times

Anyway,  Digit  1  going double  5 times in the last, 25 or so draws

should stand out,... at least just a little bit.

Now don't get me wrong,  we know that every number has just as good a chance,

to roll down that tube,  as any other number,

Now... knowing what you know,  in the stats , or example  I mentioned above,

Would  you kinda  lean  towards  Digit  1,   or give it a chance,  in a couple of plays,

when you're filling out your  play-slip?

Also,  it's kinda like RJOH,  said ,...  I'm not here to make myself look good,

or make others look bad,

I Just want to find a way to help myself win

The Digital variance of the expected value is underperforming by the statistical norm dont you think Kosmic?

CrazyLOL

Anyway I call that LDS for last digit same. And I notice sometimes when i play Mega, which I dont very often, but I am going for the Last Digital of the seven.

So I like the 7 and 27, and I am going to roll the dice on them. So hopefully no snake eyes and no whammies!

The winning numbers should be for Feb 1, (after doing lengthy simulation on my atari) .

1  7  11  25  27

P.S.

If these numbers dont come out then we all know the game is fixed.No No

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2013, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Because the balls are NUMBERED, it is not a random event.

If half the balls were RED, and half the balls were BLUE, what would be the odds of getting all red or all blue?

Are odds the same for odd/even combinations, because half the balls are odd, and half the balls are even?

I think a few people here could benefit from some instructive entertainment.

Have Fun! 

--Jimmy4164

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #99032
      October 18, 2010
      1439 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2013, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

"Is there a mathematical way to prove it "evens out" and a good player will overcome the bad play by another player or are you just guessing?

It has been proven, over and over again.  That's why everything in your post is wrong, but I'm not gonna give you a lesson on card counting.  Anybody who thinks you can affect the odds on the lottery or that the player to his left affects his odds doesn't have the right mindsight to count cards.

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2013, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Jimmy is now ragging on BobP with his pessimistic mumbo jumbo. Us optimists know our chances of winning are better when we successfully eliminate some of the 51 MM numbers that won't be drawn, but the pessimists can't comprehend the meaning of the word success.

Stack47,

Are you hoping no one notices that you are evading the important issues?

Click Here for a reminder. 

--Jimmy4164

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4102 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2013, 12:36 am - IP Logged

I totally agree with Floyd. Once the balls go round and round,  there is no way to tell which ones are gonna come out of the shoot. All the machine is doing is rolling them suckers, the balls being numbered don't mean a hill of beans, its totally random.
          If it was not random- it would then mean the game is illegal because someone would have figured out a way to beat the system and that has not happened nor will it.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #99032
            October 18, 2010
            1439 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2013, 2:17 am - IP Logged

"because other players cannot affect the odds of any event"

Then you must figure odds different because a standard blackjack game uses 8 decks with 32 Aces and if the player to my right gets an Ace, my chances of getting an Ace are reduced by one. And any other player getting an Ace will effect the odds against getting an Ace.

"I assure you that no card counter has every worried that the player to his left would take the dealer's bust card."

Every card dealt effects the odds and that's exactly why some players count cards. They wait until the remaining cards in the deck favor them and make larger bets.

"Like I said, if you can't stand to watch them "take the dealers bust card" (which isn't really a thing, because the next card could be any card that hasn't been played yet) then you don't have to play."

A card counter sitting on third base makes a huge bet because he knows he has a much better chance of winning the next hand and especially when his hand totals 10. He also knows when the dealer shows a 4, there is a better chance the dealer will bust doubles down. He will double down regardless of the actions of the player to his right, but will see the player with 13 hit, get an Ace and hit 14, get a face and bust. He gets a 6, the dealer gets a 5 and collects the counter's double huge bet. You're saying the player on the right can't effect the odds and I'm saying the player on the right can effect the outcome of the hand.

The counter had everything exactly where he wanted it including the order the cards were dealt. The results show the player took the dealers bust card and that's what the counter saw. I've seen players do that and the next hand, stand on 13 to the dealers face and after seeing how the cards played out knowing you could have won those bets, there is an emotional drain regardless what the odds are. 

"If you are not trying to gain an edge,"

The counter had the edge, the odds were in his favor, he played his hand correctly and the only reason he lost the hand was because of the actions of another player. It's not like poker where the order of cards never changes after every player has two cards and probably why there are more poker tables than blackjack tables.

Is there a mathematical way to prove it "evens out" and a good player will overcome the bad play by another player or are you just guessing?

"Then you must figure odds different because a standard blackjack game uses 8 decks with 32 Aces and if the player to my right gets an Ace, my chances of getting an Ace are reduced by one. And any other player getting an Ace will effect the odds against getting an Ace."

Right, but there hitting or standing has no effect.  If they take an Ace out, then another Ace is slightly less likely.  If they pull something besides an ace, and ace is slightly more likely (by a different amount.)

This affect exactly evens out, so that there is no reason to sweat another person's play.  You can either believe me, go look it up and find out I'm right, or continue to complain about when somebody else made a bad play which "took the dealer's bust card" without understanding that nobody else can affect your long run results.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: February 2, 2013, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Fri. Feb. 1, 2013.

01 02 03 04 06 07 08 11 12 16 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 29 30 34 38 39 41 42 49 54 55 56

bonus ball 10

3 of 5 on this draw.

Friday, February 01, 2013       01 · 30 · 32 · 40 · 41     17        3$13 Million

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: February 2, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Boney hits 4 of 5 again..... Nice work. 

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                  Member #48046
                  December 7, 2006
                  1699 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2013, 11:58 am - IP Logged

The Digital variance of the expected value is underperforming by the statistical norm dont you think Kosmic?

CrazyLOL

Anyway I call that LDS for last digit same. And I notice sometimes when i play Mega, which I dont very often, but I am going for the Last Digital of the seven.

So I like the 7 and 27, and I am going to roll the dice on them. So hopefully no snake eyes and no whammies!

The winning numbers should be for Feb 1, (after doing lengthy simulation on my atari) .

1  7  11  25  27

P.S.

If these numbers dont come out then we all know the game is fixed.No No

I like that  what you called it,

LDS,  mabey I'll tape some to my Temple, and let it  soak in a little.

also,   digit 7 wasn't a bad choice,  it acts kinda funny,  but seems to have a little life lately.

abbra- ka-dabbra,   for digit ONE,  last night though.

The real  question for Jimmy4164,

was ......  I was just wondering, if ,when he plays Lottery,

does he look at anything,  or, do anything that gives him a leg-up,

or try to point himself in a better direction,  to try and get a Win,

other than just getting a Q-Pick,            ....thats all I was wondering.

and I'm not trying to  Pro-mote Jimmy

or  De-mote  JImmy,    just asking a Question.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: February 2, 2013, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree with Floyd. Once the balls go round and round,  there is no way to tell which ones are gonna come out of the shoot. All the machine is doing is rolling them suckers, the balls being numbered don't mean a hill of beans, its totally random.
                    If it was not random- it would then mean the game is illegal because someone would have figured out a way to beat the system and that has not happened nor will it.

"If it was not random- it would then mean the game is illegal because someone would have figured out a way to beat the system and that has not happened nor will it."

What make you think if someone had figured out a way to beat the system or even take advantage of it, it would be general knowledge? 

There must be those in the lottery industry that don't dismiss the possibility or they wouldn't investigate weird happenings like 200 PB participants matching 5of5 or the same players winning several jackpots or second tier prizes in MM and PB.  They know the games are random but they don't accept everything that happens as being random.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: February 2, 2013, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

I like that  what you called it,

LDS,  mabey I'll tape some to my Temple, and let it  soak in a little.

also,   digit 7 wasn't a bad choice,  it acts kinda funny,  but seems to have a little life lately.

abbra- ka-dabbra,   for digit ONE,  last night though.

The real  question for Jimmy4164,

was ......  I was just wondering, if ,when he plays Lottery,

does he look at anything,  or, do anything that gives him a leg-up,

or try to point himself in a better direction,  to try and get a Win,

other than just getting a Q-Pick,            ....thats all I was wondering.

and I'm not trying to  Pro-mote Jimmy

or  De-mote  JImmy,    just asking a Question.

I don't think Jimmy can be Pro-mote-ed or De-mote ed, he is in a "mote" all his own......

I do think playing 3 digits is a way to try and BETTER his chances which is exactly what I did at the beginning of this thread when I playing all even numbers with a 2.6% chance of success and became a lottery "god" on the second draw played.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: February 2, 2013, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

"If it was not random- it would then mean the game is illegal because someone would have figured out a way to beat the system and that has not happened nor will it."

What make you think if someone had figured out a way to beat the system or even take advantage of it, it would be general knowledge? 

There must be those in the lottery industry that don't dismiss the possibility or they wouldn't investigate weird happenings like 200 PB participants matching 5of5 or the same players winning several jackpots or second tier prizes in MM and PB.  They know the games are random but they don't accept everything that happens as being random.

I Agree! Excellent point. The AZ lottery has 210 employees.

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: February 2, 2013, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Noise-gate,

It is heartening to see posts by others not afflicted with  Innumeracy. 

--Jimmy4164

bgonçalves
                            Brasil
                            Member #92564
                            June 9, 2010
                            2122 Posts
                            Posted: February 2, 2013, 2:21 pm - IP Logged
                            Hello, a lottery is random, up to a point! the problem that still do not understand
                            The production of large and small arrays, yes because for random domination need
                            Of arrays. Example of a Lotto 6/49, to hit up 4 numbers is to separate the terminations of the numbers, and see the array of final digit (0 to 9) only in pairs (2, 4, 6, 8) and odd-only (1, 5, 7, 9), wants to hit 6, first has hit 4 numbers,
                              bgonçalves
                              Brasil
                              Member #92564
                              June 9, 2010
                              2122 Posts
                              Posted: February 2, 2013, 2:24 pm - IP Logged
                              Hello, a lottery is random, up to a point! the problem that still do not understand
                              The production of large and small arrays, yes because for random domination need
                              Of arrays. Example of a Lotto 6/49, to hit up 4 numbers is to separate the terminations of the numbers, and see the array of final digit (0 to 9) only in pairs (2, 4, 6, 8) and odd-only (1, 5, 7, 9), wants to hit 6, first has hit 4 numbers,

Page 276 of 353