Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 281 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: February 3, 2013, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Tue. Feb. 5, 2013.

01 02 03 06 07 08 11 12 16 17 18 19 20 21 24 25 29 30 31 34 38 39 41 42 48 49 54 56 

bonus ball 10

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2013, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Guys, how are we coming on our decades analysis?

Considering only five numbers are drawn, one might suppose that you would get "better odds" by omitting several decades.

The units.  1- 9

tens

twenties,

thirties,

fourties, and

fifties are all represented.  Thus at worst if the combination break down was 1-0-1-1-1-1, then playing all the decades would give you "worse odds".

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19871 Posts
      Posted: February 3, 2013, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Let it Snow Snowman

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #99032
        October 18, 2010
        1439 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2013, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

I like that....... Some people use up multiple lines...... As an example, I could suggest that boney insert

"I am correct in everything that I say because I learned it in a book and I can give you the reference"

The reason I am right when I post things here, is because I only post when I know what I'm talking about or I say "I don't know."

You can say "I think" as much as you want, but when there is information out there, and the truth is known, your thinking about a lot of these things in a waste.

It's like trying to create calculus all by yourself.  Why the hell would you, when you can just take a course in calculus if you wanted to learn it?

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2013, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure you don't have ANY idea what I'm talking about boney, but here is an example: I repair peoples plumbing at their house when things break. I frequently get customers who want to tell me HOW to proceed in doing repairs because they are an Architect, or a Contractor, or a Engineer. Guess what? Because they have NO practical experience with with doing repairs they are only talking psychobabble and have no idea HOW to fix the problem and that why they called me in the first place. It never ceases to amaze me how much of a "WASTE OF TIME" they want to impose upon me trying to explain something they have ZERO experience with.

Sure, that's true.  A plumber probably knows more about plumbing than someone who has the capacity to learn how to do that work, but never has.

So why do you think it's different for numbers?  Why do you think your intuition is more credible than the knowledge of people who've taken the time to learn how these things really work?

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2013, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

The reason I am right when I post things here, is because I only post when I know what I'm talking about or I say "I don't know."

You can say "I think" as much as you want, but when there is information out there, and the truth is known, your thinking about a lot of these things in a waste.

It's like trying to create calculus all by yourself.  Why the hell would you, when you can just take a course in calculus if you wanted to learn it?

Calculus? Is that a vitamin supplement?

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2013, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Sure, that's true.  A plumber probably knows more about plumbing than someone who has the capacity to learn how to do that work, but never has.

So why do you think it's different for numbers?  Why do you think your intuition is more credible than the knowledge of people who've taken the time to learn how these things really work?

Because it takes a lot of practice to develop intuition.

Afghanistan
                Member #101087
                November 25, 2010
                52 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2013, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

IT BEHOOVES  ME  THAT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO HIT  THE  CASH 5  CASH  6  CASH  4  MEGA  MILIONS ECT,,, ITS  HARD  ENOUGH TO  HIT THE  PICK  3  WHY  DONT  U  USE  YOUR  ENERGY TO  WIN  THE PICK 3, THEN  IF  U  WIN  USE  THAT  MONEY  FOR  THE  BIGGER  GAMES.

Afghanistan
                  Member #101087
                  November 25, 2010
                  52 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2013, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Tue. Feb. 5, 2013.

01 02 03 06 07 08 11 12 16 17 18 19 20 21 24 25 29 30 31 34 38 39 41 42 48 49 54 56 

bonus ball 10

RONNIE U  WILL  NEVER  WIN  THE  BIG  ONE, SORRY  YOUR  SYSTEM IS TO EXPENSIVEU WILL  BE  BROKE  SOON

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7314 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2013, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I never said a legend, in fact I said I know how to do it but likely never will.

Second of all, if you had the patience to read what Id written, you'd know that I have played blackjack in a sasino, with real money.

You asked me if it has been proven, or if I was guessing.  I'm telling you it's been proven, and you can look it up.  Instead you continue to make dumb suggestions based on flawed logic while refusing to look up the truth.  I don't mean to be rude here, but you are IGNORANT.  You are the very definition of ignorant.

You are annoying, you put words in people's mouth, ignore what they've said, ask questions with no intention of every paying attention to the answer.  You reguse to learn.  If anybody disagrees with you you just try so hard to tell them they're wrong.  It doesn't matter that you admit you don't know the math, it doesn't matter that you can easily find the info.  You fight tooth and nail till the bitter end to try to suggest you are right without thinking for a second that anybody who didn't already agree with you might be right, even in a field you clearly know next to NOTHING about.  You are full of yourself and you think that your age means you know more about things you've never bothered to study, and these things are easy to look up.  Go ahead, keep living in your fantasy world where math only applies HOW you want it to, so that in your head the math doesn't hold up for you.

I've already said I'm not going to give you a lesson in card counting, but the truth is that you are too dumb to understand it.  I realize that's insulting, but I have no other words for you.  You could probably be a lot smarter, if you weren't so dang ignorant that you won't listen to nayone who isn't already agreeing with your warped view of the world.

"Second of all, if you had the patience to read what Id written, you'd know that I have played blackjack in a sasino, with real money."

You said you were under 21 so your experience playing Blackjack can't be the same as someone over 30 who played thousands of hands.

"I'm telling you it's been proven, and you can look it up."

Without reviewing every Blackjack game ever played, it's impossible to prove the actions of another player can't effect the outcome of a hand. You're guessing and anybody that says they proved it is guessing too.

"Instead you continue to make dumb suggestions based on flawed logic while refusing to look up the truth."

There is nothing to look up; another player's actions changed the outcome of another player's hand.

"You are annoying"

LMAO!

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: February 4, 2013, 12:36 am - IP Logged

IT BEHOOVES  ME  THAT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO HIT  THE  CASH 5  CASH  6  CASH  4  MEGA  MILIONS ECT,,, ITS  HARD  ENOUGH TO  HIT THE  PICK  3  WHY  DONT  U  USE  YOUR  ENERGY TO  WIN  THE PICK 3, THEN  IF  U  WIN  USE  THAT  MONEY  FOR  THE  BIGGER  GAMES.

Technically although the published odds are better for pick 3 and pick 4, if you think about it logically it is NOT easier.

A pick four game is essentially a 4/40 game.

A pick five game is 5/40

A pick six is 6/40

Logic would have me believe it is easier to get a 4/6 in pick six  then it is to get a 4/4 in pick 4.

Why? Because there are two extra balls being drawn, which means two extra chances on my playslip trap some winning balls.

When you play the pick six you shot for 4/6.  When you play 4/40 you shot for a front or rear pair.

Take keno for example.

A 20/80 games would reduce to 10/40.  That means there are 4 additional balls to trap then a regular 6/40.

Besides those who feel they have an edge in a pick 5, lose that edge trying to win a pick 3.  Thats why very few players in the pick3 forum post in the larger matrix games, and vice versa.  I took a dabble at the pick 3, but I have abandoned the effort because I began to lose my edge, my "intuitive feel for the game" and the stress became unbearable to shoulder.

and thus I am sitting out tommorrow and I may decide to 'hunt' one number.  The 314.  And if it comes out tommorrow.  F--K it.  It only pays 500, when I would rather win 80,000.

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: February 4, 2013, 12:42 am - IP Logged

RONNIE U  WILL  NEVER  WIN  THE  BIG  ONE, SORRY  YOUR  SYSTEM IS TO EXPENSIVEU WILL  BE  BROKE  SOON

Ronnie is a self professed 1%, which is the reason I think bone, med, and jam, dislike him, but I dont really care, If I can help somebody who wants to win so be it.

But workout are just that.  WORK.  And the paycheck is never guarenteed.

Thus since getting numbers requires work, thats why most people love QP. 

I hate them.  I get them for free all the time in my Pick 5, and they rarely come through. 

The luck involved in getting a winning quick pick is titanic compared to the luck required for somebody looking for "something".

What is that "something", well that is another story.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: February 4, 2013, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Players like myself just don't care for pick3 games and wouldn't play them even if the tickets were free.

I don't bother with the Publisher Clearing house game either and it's free.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: February 4, 2013, 12:57 am - IP Logged

That's not unique, you could say that to any PB or MM players and be right 95% of the time.  But then the odds of winning the big one are 1 in 175 millions.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: February 4, 2013, 1:04 am - IP Logged

It beehives me when a herd o' Yeller Jackets commence to stingin' on me.

Page 281 of 353