Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 284 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Tue. Feb. 5, 2013.

01 02 03 06 07 08 11 12 16 17 18 19 20 21 24 25 29 30 31 34 38 39 41 42 48 49 54 56 

bonus ball 10

1 of 5 on this draw.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013       02 · 05 · 10 · 26 · 44    46        4$19 Million

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2013, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Boney also hit 1 of 5 on this draw.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2013, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I wonder if they consider the odds of being involved a traffic accident before leaving their homes or a mouse taking a bite out of their Big Mac bun.

Yeah, so if overcoming the odds is much a bad idea..... My only alternative is, give up and quit????

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2013, 10:55 am - IP Logged

What?

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: February 6, 2013, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Ya know Ronnie, it's funny I was thinking that same thing this morning. Now I don't wander over to the P3 forum very much, but I was thinking this morning about all those systems and strategies that are posted almost daily, and nobody seems to bother those folks.

Almost makes me want to start playing P3....... I said almost! LOL.

Here you go RC!

Have fun over there.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1736549 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: February 6, 2013, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Ya know Ronnie, it's funny I was thinking that same thing this morning. Now I don't wander over to the P3 forum very much, but I was thinking this morning about all those systems and strategies that are posted almost daily, and nobody seems to bother those folks.

Almost makes me want to start playing P3....... I said almost! LOL.

That's because the thought of someone spending $5-$10 and winning $50-$250 doesn't bother some folks as much as the thought of someone spending $5-$10 and winning over $200M  or an annuity that pays $2M-$4M over 30 years.

Some folks just hate the idea of a lucky lottery player winning so much money for so little work.

Twenty years ago those folks convinced Ohio to had a rule limiting the amount one lottery ticket could win to $20M which was eliminated after six months because players stopped playing Super Lotto and started going out of state to play PowerBall and Big Game.  Ohio later added both games to its list of games so players didn't have to travel out of state to play them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: February 6, 2013, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

That's because the thought of someone spending $5-$10 and winning $50-$250 doesn't bother some folks as much as the thought of someone spending $5-$10 and winning over $200M  or an annuity that pays $2M-$4M over 30 years.

Some folks just hate the idea of a lucky lottery player winning so much money for so little work.

Twenty years ago those folks convinced Ohio to had a rule limiting the amount one lottery ticket could win to $20M which was eliminated after six months because players stopped playing Super Lotto and started going out of state to play PowerBall and Big Game.  Ohio later added both games to its list of games so players didn't have to travel out of state to play them.

When did my workout become "little" work?

Some folks just dont understand what it takes to find the Patriot™.

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2013, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

"Some folks just hate the idea of a lucky lottery player winning so much money for so little work."

And how many people do you know who are in this category?  I don't know one.  Do you think there might have been another reason "those folks" advocated for smaller jackpots?

Besides, what does this have to do with whether certain number combinations have better odds than others?

--Jimmy4164

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7314 Posts
                  Posted: February 6, 2013, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

"Some folks just hate the idea of a lucky lottery player winning so much money for so little work."

And how many people do you know who are in this category?  I don't know one.  Do you think there might have been another reason "those folks" advocated for smaller jackpots?

Besides, what does this have to do with whether certain number combinations have better odds than others?

--Jimmy4164

If you didn't think RJ's remarks were relevant, why did you ask two follow-up questions?

And if you don't believe a 4 if 4 of 28 number wheel will get better results than $5000 purchased QPs, post the your QPs before the drawing so we can compare your results with Ronnie's.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                    San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: February 6, 2013, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I swear I don't understand why you folks are so concerned about 'odds' when there is little if anything anyone can do about them. They are what they are.

The balls are 'objects' being blown around or otherwise mixed in an enclosed vessel with an escape hatch. No outside force can affect which objects will escape and become the winning numbers.
                    Anyone with any sense at all knows that the values on the objects are not added, subtracted, divided, or multiplied in any way shape or form.
                    Also, if you have a fist full of lottery tickets you have more opportunities to win than someone who has only one ticket, although both can hit the jackpot with a single combination.
                    So what does it matter?
                    Construct as many self picks as you can afford and hope you made the right choices. Or, buy as many Quick Picks as your budget will support and hope you get a winner.

My two cents worth!

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3983 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

--Jimmy4164

Jimbo

I have 4 family members that have all hit JP's one of them was a 5of5 w/0 BB on PB so I don't know if that

one counts.  I have a lot of reading to catch up on as it's been awhile since my last visit.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5123 Posts
                        Posted: February 6, 2013, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

Gee>>>>>>>>>eeeeeeeeeewhat is ??????????DDDDDDDDDDD??????????......>>>>>>moral of dis STORY?????????

we descrimate>>>>>>>>>>>>>FOLK'sssssssssss>>>>>>>>>>>>>spend >>2>>MUCH money on D Lottery!

2 MANY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FOLK'sssssssssssbuy "BIG" cars >>>>spend BIG MONEY >2>POLUTO/breath!

we R2 stupid 2 KNOW>>>>>>>>FOLK'ssssssssssssBUY "BIG" car's>>> in 70% of world R>>>GROW'nnnnnnnn!

rjoh know's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!

american's >have>>a>>FIAT>ND>car "future"

P***edCrying no corvetteP***edChair

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          3983 Posts
                          Posted: February 6, 2013, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I swear I don't understand why you folks are so concerned about 'odds' when there is little if anything anyone can do about them. They are what they are.

The balls are 'objects' being blown around or otherwise mixed in an enclosed vessel with an escape hatch. No outside force can affect which objects will escape and become the winning numbers.
                          Anyone with any sense at all knows that the values on the objects are not added, subtracted, divided, or multiplied in any way shape or form.
                          Also, if you have a fist full of lottery tickets you have more opportunities to win than someone who has only one ticket, although both can hit the jackpot with a single combination.
                          So what does it matter?
                          Construct as many self picks as you can afford and hope you made the right choices. Or, buy as many Quick Picks as your budget will support and hope you get a winner.

My two cents worth!

bobby523

Jimbo is like a turd that won't flush no matter how much you plunge.  He has nothing else to do

but float around and stink up the place with the same old arguments.  Gambling is gambling and

chance is something we choose to live with when we play.  I wonder what the chance is that he

will go away.   

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: February 6, 2013, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

If you didn't think RJ's remarks were relevant, why did you ask two follow-up questions?

And if you don't believe a 4 if 4 of 28 number wheel will get better results than $5000 purchased QPs, post the your QPs before the drawing so we can compare your results with Ronnie's.

What do you mean by "better results?"

It's absurd to think one day's results comparing a virtual handful of tickets

in a game with 175Million potential outcomes would prove ANYTHING!

Jimjwright showed you what to expect after quite a few more draws.

If his work didn't convince you, check out this simulation again.

http://www.justwebware.com/powerball/powerball.html 

--Jimmy4164

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: February 6, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

When did my workout become "little" work?

Some folks just dont understand what it takes to find the Patriot™.

I don't know anything about your workouts but even if one took three days and you won a PB jackpot, it would be the easiest million dollars you ever earned. Patriot

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Page 284 of 353