Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 65 of 353
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11979 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2012, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

My new systematic approach uses self picks to give me BETTER ODDS, and then an LP wheeling system to reduce the number of lines played. Thank you for saying I will win.

PLAYING THE LOTTERY MORE OFTEN FOR MORE LINES= SPENDING MORE MONEY= GAMBLING ADDICTION.

A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT IS VERY IMPORTANT.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2012, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

PLAYING THE LOTTERY MORE OFTEN FOR MORE LINES= SPENDING MORE MONEY= GAMBLING ADDICTION.

As long as you can stop playing any time you want to, it not an addiction.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: August 23, 2012, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

As long as you can stop playing any time you want to, it not an addiction.

Thanks RJOh, what Thrifty doesn't realize (and why I like his posts) is that I started using his system long before he thought about it and saved up the money I'm now spending.

It took years of not spending to save up enough to play $113. on every draw for a while.

Thrifty : Frugality abstract - cutout money and certificate of title. Stock Photo

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: August 23, 2012, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Well, Thrifty, there is no stop loss limit with a game this large, okay. Until a person wins enough to recover monies previously spent, it continues to be a loss no matter if only $2. I think the problem is this: Some players will either spend a certain amount of money, or, see where someone else spent a certain amount of money and hit 3-4 numbers. They then figure that, "If I spent that much money, then I can spend more and hit more numbers...maybe even win!!!!"

So, they go about this plan like millions of other have, and they lose a lot of money in one shot. Then they become very upset with the lottery because they just know they should've hit 4-5 numbers, or, won. Next, the lottery is rigged and the state is cheating because they spent $300 and didn't even hit (3) numbers like they did with $20!! Then, they begin a downhill spiral with telling everyone that the lottery is a ripoff...etc etc etc.

I think I've pretty much hit it on the head here. Yes Nod

L.L.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2012, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Thanks RJOh, what Thrifty doesn't realize (and why I like his posts) is that I started using his system long before he thought about it and saved up the money I'm now spending.

It took years of not spending to save up enough to play $113. on every draw for a while.

Thrifty : Frugality abstract - cutout money and certificate of title. Stock Photo

You believe your systematic approach of 100+ lines gives you a good chance for a big win and you have the resources to try.

I on the other hand have run enough simulations to know my chances of a win don't significantly improve after 25 lines. I keep hoping with improvements in my data collecting and analogies of past drawings I too will come up with a system that I have enough confidence in to play 100+ lines.

I'm thinking about increasing my potential number pool to all 56 and 25 MB.

Good luck on your picks tomorrow.

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2012, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Well, Thrifty, there is no stop loss limit with a game this large, okay. Until a person wins enough to recover monies previously spent, it continues to be a loss no matter if only $2. I think the problem is this: Some players will either spend a certain amount of money, or, see where someone else spent a certain amount of money and hit 3-4 numbers. They then figure that, "If I spent that much money, then I can spend more and hit more numbers...maybe even win!!!!"

So, they go about this plan like millions of other have, and they lose a lot of money in one shot. Then they become very upset with the lottery because they just know they should've hit 4-5 numbers, or, won. Next, the lottery is rigged and the state is cheating because they spent $300 and didn't even hit (3) numbers like they did with $20!! Then, they begin a downhill spiral with telling everyone that the lottery is a ripoff...etc etc etc.

I think I've pretty much hit it on the head here. Yes Nod

L.L.

LMAO

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2012, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

You believe your systematic approach of 100+ lines gives you a good chance for a big win and you have the resources to try.

I on the other hand have run enough simulations to know my chances of a win don't significantly improve after 25 lines. I keep hoping with improvements in my data collecting and analogies of past drawings I too will come up with a system that I have enough confidence in to play 100+ lines.

I'm thinking about increasing my potential number pool to all 56 and 25 MB.

Good luck on your picks tomorrow.

Thanks RJOh, this is a work in progress. From now on every time I hit 5 of 5 with 28 numbers there is a chance I will pick out 12 that have all 5 numbers in it.

I had no idea I would hit 5 of 5 in less than 39 draws but it happened 4 times and this is draw # 22 coming up tomorrow, so I just move forward from here and see what happens.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7313 Posts
                Posted: August 24, 2012, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

"IMAGINATION CREATES OUR REALITY. IMAGINE YOURSELF WINNING THE LOTTERY."

You're starting to sound like Timothy Leary. How many cubes of sugar do you put in your coffee?

"PLAYING THE LOTTERY MORE OFTEN FOR MORE LINES= SPENDING MORE MONEY= GAMBLING ADDICTION."

If you're spending the majority of your time imagining winning the jackpot, convincing yourself you will win, you will play more often, buy more tickets, and it will become an addiction.

"A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT IS VERY IMPORTANT."

That makes no sense for anyone who took your advice to imagine winning the lottery because their imagination will become reality. By creating a false illusion they will win, money should be no object. If you're concerned with losing, you're not imagining winning.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: August 24, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

LMAO

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: August 24, 2012, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

I took your 4 if 4 suggestion Stack. I like the idea of having multiple chances at 5 of 5 when I do eventually have all 5 winners on my group of 12. And I have already proven that it can just so happen on the same day that I have the correct bonus number selected.

How much BETTER ODDS am I getting by picking from 28 instead of 56??

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: August 24, 2012, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Oh yeah, I'm kinda glad LP kept the wheels the way they are. It was only AFTER I realized how unrealistic the larger wheels are, that I was able to grasp the 4 if 4 of 12 concept. 

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: August 24, 2012, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

From now on I will be submitting my 12 numbers at Maddogs Mega Millions Challenge 8/21

Except on the day I hit 5+1 on the "JP Games Forum" I will also be holding a live winner.

Elusive winning numbers tonight for all self pick players. We will do BETTER on Tue.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19828 Posts
                          Posted: August 25, 2012, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Elusive winning numbers tonight for all self pick players. We will do BETTER on Tue.

They were elusive for everyone, only two tickets matched 5.

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: August 25, 2012, 10:05 am - IP Logged

They were elusive for everyone, only two tickets matched 5.

Thanks RJOh, those numbers were all over the previous results board.

And all high side numbers to boot.

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11979 Posts
                              Posted: August 25, 2012, 10:25 am - IP Logged

"IMAGINATION CREATES OUR REALITY. IMAGINE YOURSELF WINNING THE LOTTERY."

You're starting to sound like Timothy Leary. How many cubes of sugar do you put in your coffee?

"PLAYING THE LOTTERY MORE OFTEN FOR MORE LINES= SPENDING MORE MONEY= GAMBLING ADDICTION."

If you're spending the majority of your time imagining winning the jackpot, convincing yourself you will win, you will play more often, buy more tickets, and it will become an addiction.

"A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT IS VERY IMPORTANT."

That makes no sense for anyone who took your advice to imagine winning the lottery because their imagination will become reality. By creating a false illusion they will win, money should be no object. If you're concerned with losing, you're not imagining winning.

I WILL PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY.

I WILL BUY A $10 POWERBALL TICKET AND A $20 POWERBALL TICKET SOMEDAY.

ALL YOU NEED IS A LOTTERY TICKET AND A DREAM.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Page 65 of 353