Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gail Howard Lottery Knowledge.

Topic closed. 177 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 4 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

Is the Flag formation pattern really as good as they say it is?

Yes [ 4 ]  [11.11%]
NO [ 8 ]  [22.22%]
Who the Hell is Gail Howard? [ 4 ]  [11.11%]
What the hell is a flag formation? [ 20 ]  [55.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 36 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2012, 11:21 am - IP Logged

As long as the conversation remains extremely lucid, I'm on board.

The report is inconclusive. The top advice remains to be patient, persistent and modest in your spending.

Winners never quit, losers will always lose, even after they quit.  Thinking of...

Well that a very generous estimation Mcginnin, much obliged. What are your target goals when you are wagering?

What is your average?  When do you break average?  And how much is too much to spend?

Is there a flag formation of spending activities?

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2012, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Well that a very generous estimation Mcginnin, much obliged. What are your target goals when you are wagering?

What is your average?  When do you break average?  And how much is too much to spend?

Is there a flag formation of spending activities?

$100,000 to all questions.

I don't believe in flags. US Flag

bobby623's avatar - abstract
      San Angelo, Texas
      United States
      Member #1097
      January 31, 2003
      1394 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2012, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I voted NO.

After logging hundreds of lottery combinations for 5 games,  and observing hundreds of actual drawings (Texas) I'm convinced that trying to
      accurately predict the next winning combination is a waste of time, and money.

GH and others peddling prediction systems are making tons of money by convincing gullible players that their so-called systems are
      capable of knowing in advance what the winning numbers will be - Bullshi....

A lot of 'Brooklyn bridges' are being sold everyday.

A random number generator by any other name is still a random number generator.

There are thousands of RNGs available on the internet.
      The 'law of averages' dictates that any one of the RNGs can, and do, on any given day, somewhere in the world, will spit out combinations that win.
      Unfortunately, there are no advance notices on when and where this will happen.

IMHO, the only alternative is - TRENDS.

If serious players would take the time to develop their own workouts based on personal observations, they might come up with better win/loss ratios.
      It's not rocket science.

I started out doing what everyone else was doing - looking for that magical winning prediction system.
      It was several years before I realized I was just wasting my time.

My experience told me that systematic tracking charts are not only possible but are better indicators of 'what might happen next.'

It's taken some time but I've finally found my 'last' workout thats valid for all games, lottery machines and ball sets.
      And I'm confident that one day soon all the trends will point in the same direction and I'll have a significant win.

The workout doesn't rely on any mathematical calculations - just simple addition, intuition and good luck.

Basically, I designed several different 'tracking' charts that accurately reflect trends in four or five areas of interest.
      I then analyze the data and make choices, which, are often guided by the amount of money I have to spend.
      Sometimes my choices are 100 percent correct, but, I lose more than I win.

Some of the games, particularly the jackpot games, are difficult and require significant investments. Even then, there is no assurance that there will be
      any wins.

Believing that this or that fomula will provide winning combinations is the same as saying that the means by which winning lottery numbers are
      chosen is predictable, when they aren't.

Lotteries have been around for a hundred years or more.
      I think it's important to realize that there is no public record of anyone ever coming with a consistent winner.

True, some math wizards have figured how to generate 'wheels' that provide even distributions of any set of numbers, chosen randomly or otherwise.
      But, the catch is that winning combinations are included only when the 'input' numbers correctly match those put 'out' by the
      lottery drawing machines.

While not taking sides, regular LP members have no doubt read the posts regarding a 'trend' system developed by a long-time
      LP member. The workout has words 'Big Game', which was the initial name for current MegaMillions.
      About a dozen or more LP members have formed a pool and are spending significant money weekly.
      They obviously believe that 'pool play' has a better chance of coming up with 'correct guesses' than individual play.

I agree with the concept, but finding pool members willing to do anything other than contribute money is difficult.

My point is that there are no guarantees with any workout no matter how much is invested.
      Filters are important, but having too many can be a detriment.

I think I may have just worn out my welcome.

I'll conclude by saying that I wish more folks with programming skills would place more emphasis on building 'tracking' systems in lieu
      of prediction systems that don't work.

I'd be willing to buy any system that would automate the daily logging and updating of data that I need and use
      in improving my 'guesswork' for the games I play.

Several folks here have promised to program my tracking charts, but I've not seen any results.
      I think the problem is that 99.9 percent of players inherently believe 'prediction (RNGs) systems' are the way to go.

I'm sure the folks selling prediction systems agree.

Good luck!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19829 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2012, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I checked the "what is a flag....." box.  I think a lot of people come to LP using terms that mean nothing to most  lottery players hoping to impress someone that they know something that others don't.  What they know isn't worth knowing if they can't explain to others what they are talking about.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
          Athens
          Greece
          Member #133234
          September 24, 2012
          188 Posts
          Posted: October 22, 2012, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

I checked the "what is a flag....." box.  I think a lot of people come to LP using terms that mean nothing to most  lottery players hoping to impress someone that they know something that others don't.  What they know isn't worth knowing if they can't explain to others what they are talking about.

I think a lot of people come to LP using terms that mean nothing to most  lottery players hoping to impress someone that they know something that others don't.  What they know isn't worth knowing if they can't explain to others what they are talking about.

If you were addressing me because I mentioned the corrupted flow structure in the distribution of numbers, I'll explain if you could kindly read on...

Before doing that though, please keep in mind that there are a lot of people out there who use terms that never "trademarked" in order to describe what you'll read. They don't try to impress anyone; perhaps they worked really hard for years programming in ASSEMBLY only to prove something to themselves. That "something" can be done no matter what the others say, or what the odds are; going against millions of chances that can intimidate the human mind. They never wrote books - although they should, since you're right about "What they know isn't worth knowing if they can't explain to others what they are talking about".

People who only joined a "community" in order to share, help and contribute in the best way they can.   

If I misunderstood your point of view, my apologies; nothing personal here. And always the best of luck. 

The following text is something I wrote elsewhere but you'll get the idea. No need to rewrite it. The drawings are from UK; 6/49

A corrupted flow structure in the distribution of numbers in LOTTERY, is a definition I started using many years ago in order to describe what to avoid when selecting which numbers to play and how numbers should be choosen and "arranged" in order to comply with basic filters/patterns amongst others... For now, lets start with the following.

Lets categorize the 49 numbers in 4 rows of 10 numbers and 1 row of 9 numbers which includes the numbers from 40 to 49.

Sat 29 Sep 12 Lotto 1 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 25 - 42 Bonus Ball 39

In this draw, you'll notice that are 4 numbers from the row of 1 - 10
          1 - 6 - 7 -8

25, belongs to the 20 -30 row and, 42 to 40 - 49

Would someone ever played a line of 6 numbers in his/her ticket like that?

Personally I wouldn't.

From the 13.983.816 combinations - or "lines" of 6 numbers - that LOTTO 6/49 has ( lets call them 14MIL for short for now ), there are 554.400 lines/combinations of 6 numbers with 4 numbers from the same row of 10 numbers. Divide 13.983.816 / 554.400 and you could "translate" the result of 25.2 as... Every 25.2 drawings I *should* expect a line of 4 numbers from the same row of 10 numbers.

Rows of 10 numbers is a "filter" that contains "switches". Turn on switch "4-1-1" and you get an expectancy of 25.2 I would rather choose other "switches" like the ones described below, that could all be verified in the drawings of September.

Switches like, "3-2-1" combined with "3-1-1-1", "2-2-1-1" and "2-1-1-1" are the ones to apply. "3-2-1" means 3 numbers from any row of 10 numbers, 2 numbers from another row and, 1 from a different one.

Sat 29 Sep 1-6-7-8-25-42 Wed 26 Sep 6-8-11-39-40-43

Sat 22 Sep 10-13-29-31-36-45 Wed 19 Sep 5-14-19-23-33-48

Sat 15 Sep 14-18-19-35-44-45 Wed 12 Sep 14-16-21-22-24-41

Sat 08 Sep 8-15-21-26-28-32 Wed 05 Sep 17-22-26-27-39-41

Sat 01 Sep 15-30-36-39-41-49

Now if you're going to tell me "You didn't win!". You're right. But I wouldn't choose 1-6-7-8 as my selection of 4 numbers out of 6. Not only there are 4 numbers from the same row of 1 - 10, there are also 3 consecutive numbers as well. Still, you're right. I didn't win. But how often you'll see numbers drawn like that?

LOTTERY is full of surprises and every number has the same "chance" with every other number to be drawn. Or not?

Anyway. Knowing how to sellect your numbers correctly, raises considerably your chances to win; like selecting from 2 to 4 numbers from 1 -25 for example.

The "Filters And Switches" I've mentioned, are not my invention in any way whatsoever. I have magazines and books from the early 90s which describe many others as well. The "Rows Of 10 Numbers" is only a piece of a *much bigger* puzzle that we all try to compose - each one of us with different "methods" - in order to see the beautiful picture that someday will reveal ( winning the Jackpot perhaps? ).

About the corrupted flow structure and how the numbers are distributed. It is a subject that in order to be fully understood it will take some time. But knowing for example that the expectancy of a ticket with the numbers 2-11-20-29-38 and 47 to be drawn is every 3.495.000 drawings would someone ever played it?

6/49 dis(assembly)

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: October 22, 2012, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

I stopped reading when he said.......    "if you could kindly read on......"

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: October 22, 2012, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I voted NO.

After logging hundreds of lottery combinations for 5 games,  and observing hundreds of actual drawings (Texas) I'm convinced that trying to
              accurately predict the next winning combination is a waste of time, and money.

GH and others peddling prediction systems are making tons of money by convincing gullible players that their so-called systems are
              capable of knowing in advance what the winning numbers will be - Bullshi....

A lot of 'Brooklyn bridges' are being sold everyday.

A random number generator by any other name is still a random number generator.

There are thousands of RNGs available on the internet.
              The 'law of averages' dictates that any one of the RNGs can, and do, on any given day, somewhere in the world, will spit out combinations that win.
              Unfortunately, there are no advance notices on when and where this will happen.

IMHO, the only alternative is - TRENDS.

If serious players would take the time to develop their own workouts based on personal observations, they might come up with better win/loss ratios.
              It's not rocket science.

I started out doing what everyone else was doing - looking for that magical winning prediction system.
              It was several years before I realized I was just wasting my time.

My experience told me that systematic tracking charts are not only possible but are better indicators of 'what might happen next.'

It's taken some time but I've finally found my 'last' workout thats valid for all games, lottery machines and ball sets.
              And I'm confident that one day soon all the trends will point in the same direction and I'll have a significant win.

The workout doesn't rely on any mathematical calculations - just simple addition, intuition and good luck.

Basically, I designed several different 'tracking' charts that accurately reflect trends in four or five areas of interest.
              I then analyze the data and make choices, which, are often guided by the amount of money I have to spend.
              Sometimes my choices are 100 percent correct, but, I lose more than I win.

Some of the games, particularly the jackpot games, are difficult and require significant investments. Even then, there is no assurance that there will be
              any wins.

Believing that this or that fomula will provide winning combinations is the same as saying that the means by which winning lottery numbers are
              chosen is predictable, when they aren't.

Lotteries have been around for a hundred years or more.
              I think it's important to realize that there is no public record of anyone ever coming with a consistent winner.

True, some math wizards have figured how to generate 'wheels' that provide even distributions of any set of numbers, chosen randomly or otherwise.
              But, the catch is that winning combinations are included only when the 'input' numbers correctly match those put 'out' by the
              lottery drawing machines.

While not taking sides, regular LP members have no doubt read the posts regarding a 'trend' system developed by a long-time
              LP member. The workout has words 'Big Game', which was the initial name for current MegaMillions.
              About a dozen or more LP members have formed a pool and are spending significant money weekly.
              They obviously believe that 'pool play' has a better chance of coming up with 'correct guesses' than individual play.

I agree with the concept, but finding pool members willing to do anything other than contribute money is difficult.

My point is that there are no guarantees with any workout no matter how much is invested.
              Filters are important, but having too many can be a detriment.

I think I may have just worn out my welcome.

I'll conclude by saying that I wish more folks with programming skills would place more emphasis on building 'tracking' systems in lieu
              of prediction systems that don't work.

I'd be willing to buy any system that would automate the daily logging and updating of data that I need and use
              in improving my 'guesswork' for the games I play.

Several folks here have promised to program my tracking charts, but I've not seen any results.
              I think the problem is that 99.9 percent of players inherently believe 'prediction (RNGs) systems' are the way to go.

I'm sure the folks selling prediction systems agree.

Good luck!

You wore out your welcome here...... What?

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2012, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

As long as the conversation remains extremely lucid, I'm on board.

The report is inconclusive. The top advice remains to be patient, persistent and modest in your spending.

Winners never quit, losers will always lose, even after they quit.  Thinking of...

The "top advice" is.... "BETTER ODDS" but we all know that's impossible for those who only spend $2.00

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19829 Posts
                  Posted: October 22, 2012, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I think a lot of people come to LP using terms that mean nothing to most  lottery players hoping to impress someone that they know something that others don't.  What they know isn't worth knowing if they can't explain to others what they are talking about.

If you were addressing me because I mentioned the corrupted flow structure in the distribution of numbers, I'll explain if you could kindly read on...

Before doing that though, please keep in mind that there are a lot of people out there who use terms that never "trademarked" in order to describe what you'll read. They don't try to impress anyone; perhaps they worked really hard for years programming in ASSEMBLY only to prove something to themselves. That "something" can be done no matter what the others say, or what the odds are; going against millions of chances that can intimidate the human mind. They never wrote books - although they should, since you're right about "What they know isn't worth knowing if they can't explain to others what they are talking about".

People who only joined a "community" in order to share, help and contribute in the best way they can.   

If I misunderstood your point of view, my apologies; nothing personal here. And always the best of luck. 

The following text is something I wrote elsewhere but you'll get the idea. No need to rewrite it. The drawings are from UK; 6/49

A corrupted flow structure in the distribution of numbers in LOTTERY, is a definition I started using many years ago in order to describe what to avoid when selecting which numbers to play and how numbers should be choosen and "arranged" in order to comply with basic filters/patterns amongst others... For now, lets start with the following.

Lets categorize the 49 numbers in 4 rows of 10 numbers and 1 row of 9 numbers which includes the numbers from 40 to 49.

Sat 29 Sep 12 Lotto 1 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 25 - 42 Bonus Ball 39

In this draw, you'll notice that are 4 numbers from the row of 1 - 10
                  1 - 6 - 7 -8

25, belongs to the 20 -30 row and, 42 to 40 - 49

Would someone ever played a line of 6 numbers in his/her ticket like that?

Personally I wouldn't.

From the 13.983.816 combinations - or "lines" of 6 numbers - that LOTTO 6/49 has ( lets call them 14MIL for short for now ), there are 554.400 lines/combinations of 6 numbers with 4 numbers from the same row of 10 numbers. Divide 13.983.816 / 554.400 and you could "translate" the result of 25.2 as... Every 25.2 drawings I *should* expect a line of 4 numbers from the same row of 10 numbers.

Rows of 10 numbers is a "filter" that contains "switches". Turn on switch "4-1-1" and you get an expectancy of 25.2 I would rather choose other "switches" like the ones described below, that could all be verified in the drawings of September.

Switches like, "3-2-1" combined with "3-1-1-1", "2-2-1-1" and "2-1-1-1" are the ones to apply. "3-2-1" means 3 numbers from any row of 10 numbers, 2 numbers from another row and, 1 from a different one.

Sat 29 Sep 1-6-7-8-25-42 Wed 26 Sep 6-8-11-39-40-43

Sat 22 Sep 10-13-29-31-36-45 Wed 19 Sep 5-14-19-23-33-48

Sat 15 Sep 14-18-19-35-44-45 Wed 12 Sep 14-16-21-22-24-41

Sat 08 Sep 8-15-21-26-28-32 Wed 05 Sep 17-22-26-27-39-41

Sat 01 Sep 15-30-36-39-41-49

Now if you're going to tell me "You didn't win!". You're right. But I wouldn't choose 1-6-7-8 as my selection of 4 numbers out of 6. Not only there are 4 numbers from the same row of 1 - 10, there are also 3 consecutive numbers as well. Still, you're right. I didn't win. But how often you'll see numbers drawn like that?

LOTTERY is full of surprises and every number has the same "chance" with every other number to be drawn. Or not?

Anyway. Knowing how to sellect your numbers correctly, raises considerably your chances to win; like selecting from 2 to 4 numbers from 1 -25 for example.

The "Filters And Switches" I've mentioned, are not my invention in any way whatsoever. I have magazines and books from the early 90s which describe many others as well. The "Rows Of 10 Numbers" is only a piece of a *much bigger* puzzle that we all try to compose - each one of us with different "methods" - in order to see the beautiful picture that someday will reveal ( winning the Jackpot perhaps? ).

About the corrupted flow structure and how the numbers are distributed. It is a subject that in order to be fully understood it will take some time. But knowing for example that the expectancy of a ticket with the numbers 2-11-20-29-38 and 47 to be drawn is every 3.495.000 drawings would someone ever played it?

riscknight,

I wasn't addressing you in particular, everything you post is as clear as Greek to me.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19829 Posts
                    Posted: October 22, 2012, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

The "top advice" is.... "BETTER ODDS" but we all know that's impossible for those who only spend $2.00

Not if you think more and spend less.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: October 22, 2012, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Not if you think more and spend less.

LOL. Right, those 113 lines wheels are depleting my lottery budget.......  No Pity!

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: October 22, 2012, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

riscknight,

I wasn't addressing you in particular, everything you post is as clear as Greek to me.

RJOh

And Greek is his first language........  lol. lol. lol.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19829 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2012, 1:51 am - IP Logged

LOL. Right, those 113 lines wheels are depleting my lottery budget.......  No Pity!

Does this mean in the future you'll be thinking more and spending less?

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: October 23, 2012, 7:08 am - IP Logged

Does this mean in the future you'll be thinking more and spending less?

Does this imply he cannot spend less because he is unable to think more?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                              Economy class
                              Belgium
                              Member #123700
                              February 27, 2012
                              4035 Posts
                              Posted: October 23, 2012, 8:04 am - IP Logged

Page 4 of 12