Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5308 replies. Last post 1 hour ago by zzplayfaster.

Page 204 of 354
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #172872
February 7, 2016
617 Posts
Posted: May 5, 2016, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Wow Lucid. Two "Win all" symbols within 5 tickets? That is absolutely INCREDIBLE! I wonder how rare that is...

Amazing hits! Congratz, and I hope your luck continues. Those $2 tickets are paying off very well for you. Smile

Florida
    United States
    Member #172872
    February 7, 2016
    617 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2016, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Played through 30 $10 Holiday Gifts today. = $300

I got $100 back, so I either found an unlucky part of the roll or it was a very low payout roll. At any rate, I think I'm done playing the $10 Holiday Gifts ticket. It hasn't paid off well enough to make continuing to buy it fiscally feasible. I am possibly relocating soon, so my lottery budget will probably go down to $50-$100 a month. My new plan and strategy will be to only play $1-$5 tickets randomly, and only tickets with a large number of top prizes remaining as Oldghost does.

I took my $100 in winnings, and bought random $2 Flamingo, $1 100s of Dollar tickets, and some of the money stash. I also bought random  $5 tickets. I will scratch then after work, and post the results.

I wish everyone else a happy friday, and hope you all find some nice lucky wins! (Or at least have better luck than me, haha)

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
      Member #154519
      April 19, 2014
      243 Posts
      Posted: May 6, 2016, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Played through 30 $10 Holiday Gifts today. = $300

I got $100 back, so I either found an unlucky part of the roll or it was a very low payout roll. At any rate, I think I'm done playing the $10 Holiday Gifts ticket. It hasn't paid off well enough to make continuing to buy it fiscally feasible. I am possibly relocating soon, so my lottery budget will probably go down to $50-$100 a month. My new plan and strategy will be to only play $1-$5 tickets randomly, and only tickets with a large number of top prizes remaining as Oldghost does.

I took my $100 in winnings, and bought random $2 Flamingo, $1 100s of Dollar tickets, and some of the money stash. I also bought random  $5 tickets. I will scratch then after work, and post the results.

I wish everyone else a happy friday, and hope you all find some nice lucky wins! (Or at least have better luck than me, haha)

I haven't had much luck with buying a single ticket here and there.  Unfortunately, you have to get lucky or be willing to spend a lot of money to play multiple tickets in the roll to hit a winner.  I have tried buying from different locations also.  I wonder if I'll have better luck buying from slower mom and pop stores.

Show me the money!

SARASOTA, FL
        United States
        Member #95778
        August 17, 2010
        1093 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2016, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

I like to look at this win from May 2012 and remind myself of all the tickets I've bought since - a HUGE BUNCH - and never won anything close again ...

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

Florida
          United States
          Member #172872
          February 7, 2016
          617 Posts
          Posted: May 6, 2016, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

I like to look at this win from May 2012 and remind myself of all the tickets I've bought since - a HUGE BUNCH - and never won anything close again ...

Morgo  - I think you're absolutely right it is all luck. I'm going to stick to just randomly buying $2-$5 tickets. It truly is all right place at the right time. Even "power buying" tickets typically leads to a loss, since the games are designed to be revenue generating. 

I have had luck at mom and pop stores. I've had many experiences where I have bought a $5 ticket, won $20. Bought two $10 tickets, gotten $25 back. Gotten a $25 ticket, and then turned it into $100 or even $400 (which happened to me two times). My best wins have happen on a whim when I've picked up pennies, converted them into dollars at a machine in Publix and then bought random tickets (often ones I don't play). 

Skeptic -That's an amazing hit. I would love to have heard your reaction. As a veteran lottery player, if you could go back to day 1 of buying scratch tickets...would you still have started this hobby? I know you've had amassed so many wins over the years.  I've only been playing scratch tickets for about 8 months now, and I was initially up $2500 after having 6 $500 wins, and 2 $1,000 wins...but recently I'm probably dove into the negative by $2000-$2500 (after encountering endless duds over the past 3 months). Do you think I should stick to the strategy of only buying $2-$5 tickets every blue moon? Recently, I've started to dislike picking up this hobby and seem to be regretting it. I do like the "scratcher community", and think there's some amazing people who play the lotto. The education funding, particularly, Florida Bright Futures scholarship is something that I benefited when I graduated from University of Florida a couple of years ago.

Florida
            United States
            Member #172872
            February 7, 2016
            617 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2016, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Tried playing scratch tickets at another part of town today, and man the duds...are incredible! 

Bought 4x $10 Holiday Gifts - All losers.

Bought 4x $10 Gold Rush - All losers.

Bought 3x 10x the Cash - 2 losers, one $10 winner. 

Bought 4x $5 Price is Right - All losers. 

Bought 4x $5 Flamingo Multiplier - All losers. 

Bought 3x $5 Gold Rush - 2 losers, one $5 winner. 

Bought 2x $2 Flamingo tickets - 1 loser, 1 $10 winner! 

Bought 2x $2 Easy money -2 losers. 

Clearly, another day in the negatives. I used to be able to get 50%-80% back, and even profit on some outings. Recently, winners above free ticket shave become nonexistent around here. Time for another 2 week break. Dead

Florida
              United States
              Member #151010
              January 5, 2014
              200 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2016, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Scratcher Hell again

Stopped to fill up at the BP in Micanopy. Bought a $20 Flamingo Multiplier. Got my $20 back. Should have stopped there.

After work I took it to Sai Kwik Stop on SW 16th in Gainesville. Traded it in for a LFL (that yellow ticket is harder to scratch). It was a loser.

So I decided to play big and got

2 $25 Fortunes from each roll (both losers)

1 $20 Flamingo Multiplier (loser)

1 $20 Gold Rush (loser)

1 $10 Holiday Gifts (Loser)

That's it for now. Sheesh

Florida
                United States
                Member #172872
                February 7, 2016
                617 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2016, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

Scratcher Hell again

Stopped to fill up at the BP in Micanopy. Bought a $20 Flamingo Multiplier. Got my $20 back. Should have stopped there.

After work I took it to Sai Kwik Stop on SW 16th in Gainesville. Traded it in for a LFL (that yellow ticket is harder to scratch). It was a loser.

So I decided to play big and got

2 $25 Fortunes from each roll (both losers)

1 $20 Flamingo Multiplier (loser)

1 $20 Gold Rush (loser)

1 $10 Holiday Gifts (Loser)

That's it for now. Sheesh

Florida Lottery is seriously becoming just like New York lottery. Sounds like we had a very similar day. Definitely time for us to slow down, sorry to hear bud. 

Are you a gator also? Smile

SARASOTA, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95778
                  August 17, 2010
                  1093 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2016, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Talk about a rotten day - bought $1200 worth of $25 Fortune and $25Fl cash - from 3 different places that usually produce winning tickets - I can't understand this - only t 4 $25 Fortune wins - 5 $25 Fl Cash wins - It's Impossible to have 39 duds from 48 tickets - NO IT'S NOT !!!! I'm done with this kind of crazy buying.

in fact I may be done with this whole scam. Never had these recent lousy days before - can't compare these new tickets to the old ones as in: GR, GRT, 100X, Jubilee, MillionairesClub and a few others. I made my huge number of wins from these older games - spending the same today as I did back then NO WAY yields the same number of wins. Why not ? Odds are about the same ... I've said this before - something doesn't smell right.

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #172872
                    February 7, 2016
                    617 Posts
                    Posted: May 7, 2016, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Talk about a rotten day - bought $1200 worth of $25 Fortune and $25Fl cash - from 3 different places that usually produce winning tickets - I can't understand this - only t 4 $25 Fortune wins - 5 $25 Fl Cash wins - It's Impossible to have 39 duds from 48 tickets - NO IT'S NOT !!!! I'm done with this kind of crazy buying.

in fact I may be done with this whole scam. Never had these recent lousy days before - can't compare these new tickets to the old ones as in: GR, GRT, 100X, Jubilee, MillionairesClub and a few others. I made my huge number of wins from these older games - spending the same today as I did back then NO WAY yields the same number of wins. Why not ? Odds are about the same ... I've said this before - something doesn't smell right.

Wow. 39 Duds out of 48 tickets on the $25 tickets? That is absolute highway robbery. 

Sorry to hear that you're also having bad luck. Honestly, hearing about this only reaffirms my conviction for quitting scratchoff tickets. If the return rate was 50-75% consistently with occasional profitable days, that would justify this as a hobby with the hope of winning big someday. When the return rate has lately been less than 50%, this is fiscally not sustainable and financial suicide.

FLORIDA
                      United States
                      Member #127998
                      May 14, 2012
                      404 Posts
                      Posted: May 7, 2016, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

I remember that year well, my 10k jubilee came in sept, have only won a couple of 1k tickets since.  Next month will be a year since my last 500 dollar winner  since the first of the year i rarely play.  Looking at the post, id say thats a good thing.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

FLORIDA
                        United States
                        Member #127998
                        May 14, 2012
                        404 Posts
                        Posted: May 7, 2016, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

sorry about the awful day. I think its targeted distribution, plus last time I looked you cant even get scratch off reports anymore.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #171925
                          January 13, 2016
                          316 Posts
                          Posted: May 7, 2016, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Not to be argumentative or anything, but this is sort of how odds work. Also, you bought from different games, at different stores. It is entirely plausible that 48 random tickets bought from 3 different stores, across 2 different games, could have that few winners. It sucks, but assuming something must be up because of this is faulty logic. I win $100 off $5 scratch offs fairly enough that I'm ahead of the odds - not ahead $ wise mind you. I buy from the same places and I keep a mental note of the ticket numbers I had last, so I know when the roll is new and what not. Does it help? I don't know. Do I feel it helps, yes. Sorry for your rough day though, that does suck.

Loneranger: Which scratch off reports? The ones with the list of winners? Go to "Play" and when the pull down comes up click on any of the dollar amounts. When the page comes up, the reports are on the right side of the screen.

Jacksonville
                            United States
                            Member #153806
                            March 26, 2014
                            346 Posts
                            Posted: May 7, 2016, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Well I wish I could give some good news.  I bought a combination of about 100 Holiday Gifts and $200MS tickets today.  Although there were some small and medium winners, nothing over $100.  Started the day with $500, finishing with $170.

It is disappointing to hear that pretty much everyone got beat up today.  As I've said before, I am not a huge fan of the newer games.  Once the next top prize gets hit in $200MS or the Holiday Gifts (most likely), I'll revert back to my old days of buying one ticket a week when I go grocery shopping at Publix on Sunday.

I hope you all have better luck!

Jacksonville
                              United States
                              Member #153806
                              March 26, 2014
                              346 Posts
                              Posted: May 8, 2016, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Well some better news.  Bought a good number of these today and got this little bit of redemption. 

$500 win

Page 204 of 354