Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5265 replies. Last post 49 minutes ago by BuyLow.

Page 205 of 352
PrintE-mailLink
morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
Member #154519
April 19, 2014
243 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2016, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Talk about a rotten day - bought $1200 worth of $25 Fortune and $25Fl cash - from 3 different places that usually produce winning tickets - I can't understand this - only t 4 $25 Fortune wins - 5 $25 Fl Cash wins - It's Impossible to have 39 duds from 48 tickets - NO IT'S NOT !!!! I'm done with this kind of crazy buying.

in fact I may be done with this whole scam. Never had these recent lousy days before - can't compare these new tickets to the old ones as in: GR, GRT, 100X, Jubilee, MillionairesClub and a few others. I made my huge number of wins from these older games - spending the same today as I did back then NO WAY yields the same number of wins. Why not ? Odds are about the same ... I've said this before - something doesn't smell right.

Ever think about buying a lot of Fantasy 5?  I like the payouts compared to the other number games.

Show me the money!

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
    Port Orange, Florida
    United States
    Member #133398
    September 28, 2012
    163 Posts
    Posted: May 9, 2016, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Last week I hit $500 on $25 fortune. Then I won $300. I was up $680. I ended up blowing it all. I bought a roll of Gold rush and won on 8 tickets out of the entire roll. 1 $50 2 $40 2 $30 1 $25 2 $20. I have double checked my losers and this appears to be all I won. I never lost less than 1/2 the amount on a roll before but it did happen.

Orlando, FL
      United States
      Member #95015
      August 1, 2010
      252 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2016, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Ever think about buying a lot of Fantasy 5?  I like the payouts compared to the other number games.

I am taking a break from scratchers as they are flooding the state with losers in a big way.  I started buying 10 Fantasy 5 with ez match per day last Friday.  So far ez match winnings helped me break even on Friday night and last night the ez match alone put me into profit, then I match 3 numbers for $11.50.  Low winnings unless you hit 4 numbers, but the losses are so much smaller compared to the shady scratchers they are running this year.

SARASOTA, FL
        United States
        Member #95778
        August 17, 2010
        1090 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2016, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I am taking a break from scratchers as they are flooding the state with losers in a big way.  I started buying 10 Fantasy 5 with ez match per day last Friday.  So far ez match winnings helped me break even on Friday night and last night the ez match alone put me into profit, then I match 3 numbers for $11.50.  Low winnings unless you hit 4 numbers, but the losses are so much smaller compared to the shady scratchers they are running this year.

I might go back to Fan 5 - I played the heck out of Fan 5 around 2009 - 2010 - Id fill out the cards from 20 favorite numbers wheeled and put on 50 different cards -

You might not believe this but during a full year my numbers came up THREE times for wins - BUT they weren't on the cards I played. I'd take 10 cards at random from the batch and buy tickets. I still have the 3 winning tickets in my office desk that won but I didn't play those cards !! Meaning the wins were on the cards I didn't play.

A few times I'd get 4 out of 5 from a play -3 or 4 times !!!! You're right wbrightfl - it's not as exciting as scratchers but you won't get burned as bad - that's for sure .....,

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

FL
          United States
          Member #168858
          September 20, 2015
          131 Posts
          Posted: May 10, 2016, 8:53 am - IP Logged

I might go back to Fan 5 - I played the heck out of Fan 5 around 2009 - 2010 - Id fill out the cards from 20 favorite numbers wheeled and put on 50 different cards -

You might not believe this but during a full year my numbers came up THREE times for wins - BUT they weren't on the cards I played. I'd take 10 cards at random from the batch and buy tickets. I still have the 3 winning tickets in my office desk that won but I didn't play those cards !! Meaning the wins were on the cards I didn't play.

A few times I'd get 4 out of 5 from a play -3 or 4 times !!!! You're right wbrightfl - it's not as exciting as scratchers but you won't get burned as bad - that's for sure .....,

Is ezmatch the way to go with Fantasy 5?  I've also read a lot of people say Cash 3 is the best game to play as far as odds, which I haven't really looked at on these games.

Question on the FL scratchers where top prize is 500k or less.  I know on the 1M or more top prizes, there is a lump sum/annuity, however is there also a lump sum/annuity on the 500k or less top prizes?  In the news section on the FL Lottery site, it never mentions a lump sum amount for the 500k winner announcements, so not sure.

United States
            Member #159617
            October 2, 2014
            246 Posts
            Posted: May 10, 2016, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Well I bought a $25 ticket today and it was a loser lol. I had a great week at work so I had a pocket full of cash so thought I would try then I read all the bad luck going on and prob wait weeks again to buy another. I still love to jump on and look at the winners but didn't look like a good couple of days.

Florida
              United States
              Member #171925
              January 13, 2016
              316 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2016, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Is ezmatch the way to go with Fantasy 5?  I've also read a lot of people say Cash 3 is the best game to play as far as odds, which I haven't really looked at on these games.

Question on the FL scratchers where top prize is 500k or less.  I know on the 1M or more top prizes, there is a lump sum/annuity, however is there also a lump sum/annuity on the 500k or less top prizes?  In the news section on the FL Lottery site, it never mentions a lump sum amount for the 500k winner announcements, so not sure.

I couldn't say about the Cash 3, but I play EZMatch each day when I buy my Fantasy 5 ticket and only recently did I compare the odds on it vs. a $1 scratch off. Oddly enough, except for like the $2 prize, the odds on EZMatch are crappier. Which is odd to me because I would have to believe there is less overhead for EZMatch than for scratch off games.

Compare Quick Bucks $1 game - Win $2 it's 1 in 15 while EZMatch is 1 in 9.38. $4 is 1 in 50 (QB) vs 1 in 60 (EZ). But then you get to $5 winners and it's 1 in 100 for the scratch off, 1 in 300 for EZ. Evens up for $10 prizes. Then for the sake of what we would actually want - $500 winner on the scratch off are 1 in 48,000 while EZMatch has odds of 1 in 84,000 for a $250 OR $500 prize. I don't understand why the odds are higher for EZMatch, let alone THAT much higher.

Jacksonville
                United States
                Member #153806
                March 26, 2014
                345 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2016, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't say about the Cash 3, but I play EZMatch each day when I buy my Fantasy 5 ticket and only recently did I compare the odds on it vs. a $1 scratch off. Oddly enough, except for like the $2 prize, the odds on EZMatch are crappier. Which is odd to me because I would have to believe there is less overhead for EZMatch than for scratch off games.

Compare Quick Bucks $1 game - Win $2 it's 1 in 15 while EZMatch is 1 in 9.38. $4 is 1 in 50 (QB) vs 1 in 60 (EZ). But then you get to $5 winners and it's 1 in 100 for the scratch off, 1 in 300 for EZ. Evens up for $10 prizes. Then for the sake of what we would actually want - $500 winner on the scratch off are 1 in 48,000 while EZMatch has odds of 1 in 84,000 for a $250 OR $500 prize. I don't understand why the odds are higher for EZMatch, let alone THAT much higher.

The EZ match feature as well as all of the multipliers (Powerplay, Megaplier, etc.) are all losing propositions.  They all have negative returns on investment.  The EZ match feature is nice if you want an instant win.  But if you are looking for a bigger payday, you are better buying $10 in Fantasy 5 tickets without the EZ match vs buying five Fantasy 5 tickets each with the EZ match.  In the long run, you'll double your odds at hitting a top prize vs relatively poor odds of winning maybe $100 or $250.

Someone else asked about the lump-sum payouts on $500K prizes or less.  The $500K prizes and lower tier prizes are paid out as lump-sums. Only the $1M or greater prizes are paid out as annuities or a reduced lump-sum.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #171925
                  January 13, 2016
                  316 Posts
                  Posted: May 10, 2016, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

The EZ match feature as well as all of the multipliers (Powerplay, Megaplier, etc.) are all losing propositions.  They all have negative returns on investment.  The EZ match feature is nice if you want an instant win.  But if you are looking for a bigger payday, you are better buying $10 in Fantasy 5 tickets without the EZ match vs buying five Fantasy 5 tickets each with the EZ match.  In the long run, you'll double your odds at hitting a top prize vs relatively poor odds of winning maybe $100 or $250.

Someone else asked about the lump-sum payouts on $500K prizes or less.  The $500K prizes and lower tier prizes are paid out as lump-sums. Only the $1M or greater prizes are paid out as annuities or a reduced lump-sum.

Any logical guess as to why EZ Match has crappier odds than a $1 scratch off, given that the overhead should be lower for EZ Match (no pre-printed tickets, no need to cash in $600+ prizes at offices etc etc)

Valrico, FL
                    United States
                    Member #174797
                    May 13, 2016
                    1 Posts
                    Posted: May 13, 2016, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I just bought the $3 Wild 7's Bingo. I bought 6 from Mobil, 5 from Publix, 5 from Wawa, and 5 from Speedway. Yeah, I'm weird like that lol. Got home and scratched them all over a two hour period. I won 3$ on one!!! The odds are supposedly 1 in 4 for 3$. I was furious. Went back to the store and got my 3$. Bought 30 dollars more in tickets. Scratched them all off and nothing! I used to win all the time. I think the Florida Lotto is getting really stingy!

Orlando, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95015
                      August 1, 2010
                      252 Posts
                      Posted: May 13, 2016, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Any logical guess as to why EZ Match has crappier odds than a $1 scratch off, given that the overhead should be lower for EZ Match (no pre-printed tickets, no need to cash in $600+ prizes at offices etc etc)

I don't believe the odds the Florida lottery posts for anything.

EZ Match I started getting last Friday with Fantasy 5 tickets.  I am buying 10 each morning.  Some days I lose with EZ match, some days break even and some days I win enough to cover the EZ Match, the $10 for the Fantasy 5 numbers and more.  The tickets I bought yesterday I won $20 on one, a couple of $3 hits and one $2 hit.  I spent $10 on the EZ Match and won $28, then hit 3 numbers on 2 tickets, $8 win each.  In the end I made a profit for the day.

Fantasy 5 has a much lower investment than scratchers, so in the end the loss isn't as much, but the wins can be as much or more than the scratchers.  I am down around 3K in buying scratchers so far this year so I had to stop, period.  Playing Fantasy 5 and trying Lucky Money tonight isn't immediately fun, but I am so happy not losing a couple of hundred dollars in a few minutes as it's been all year playing the scan with the scratchers has become.

Ft.Lauderdale,FL
                        United States
                        Member #144982
                        July 23, 2013
                        50 Posts
                        Posted: May 13, 2016, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I just bought the $3 Wild 7's Bingo. I bought 6 from Mobil, 5 from Publix, 5 from Wawa, and 5 from Speedway. Yeah, I'm weird like that lol. Got home and scratched them all over a two hour period. I won 3$ on one!!! The odds are supposedly 1 in 4 for 3$. I was furious. Went back to the store and got my 3$. Bought 30 dollars more in tickets. Scratched them all off and nothing! I used to win all the time. I think the Florida Lotto is getting really stingy!

I really hate those oddball games such as those <snip> bingo and crosswords. They take too long to play and the odds of winning anything on them (as you experienced) SUCK!!! What I do is I just scratch off the barcode and scan them whenever I feel like playing them just for the heck of it. It's quick that way and you don't have to spend so much time donating your money to the lottery (most likely). Either way, you'll either win or you'll lose. BTW, I REALLY REALLY think the F'in lottery is getting stingy, too! Good luck!!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #170508
                          December 4, 2015
                          31 Posts
                          Posted: May 13, 2016, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

$200

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #170508
                            December 4, 2015
                            31 Posts
                            Posted: May 13, 2016, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

$1000. Just got this. Going to Latin-America soon for vacation to enjoy the beauties (wink)(wink) 

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #170508
                              December 4, 2015
                              31 Posts
                              Posted: May 14, 2016, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

FRAUD ALERT!!!

Page 205 of 352