Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5273 replies. Last post 32 minutes ago by Woodro.

Page 201 of 352
PrintE-mailLink
SARASOTA, FL
United States
Member #95778
August 17, 2010
1093 Posts
Posted: April 26, 2016, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Nothing huge - but I would like to do this all day long - spend 95 - get back 200 !!!

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

Florida
    United States
    Member #172872
    February 7, 2016
    606 Posts
    Posted: April 26, 2016, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Nothing huge - but I would like to do this all day long - spend 95 - get back 200 !!!

I'd say nice wins. Doubling what you spent for the day is always nice. 

I bought 12 of the new *Wheel of Misfortune $5 ticket. 

3 winners (So got back the game odds of 1:4) of...*drumroll*....$5! $60 spent, $15 back. I entered the losers in the second chance, but I know the odds are extremely slim.

EMTAdam - Agreed ticket #59 saved the day on that Holiday Gifts roll. If it weren't for that ticket, it would have been a ty roll. I'm still a little surprised neither of the top prizes from the $10 Holiday Gifts has turned up yet. It sounds like several stores across the state, and district offices seem to be selling them. You would think at least one would have popped up. 

Gators - How has your luck been lately? Have you played any of the $10 Holiday Gifts? I know the regional office in Jax is still selling them, and I can name at least 4-5 other food stores that stocks 1-2 rolls of it every month with it selling off about every two weeks.

Orlando, FL
      United States
      Member #95015
      August 1, 2010
      253 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2016, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Decided to try some $10 and $20 Gold Rush after seeing some wins on here. 

Purchased 10 $10 Gold Rush:  Won $10, $15 and 8 losers

Purchased 5 $20 Gold Rush:  Won $20, 4 losers

Winners of any value are becoming fewer and far between.  It's been months since I found anything over a $100 win and only found $100 once so far this year.  I am lucky to get a break even win these days.

SARASOTA, FL
        United States
        Member #95778
        August 17, 2010
        1093 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2016, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Ripped through 10 $25 Fortunes - ALL duds ! I don't know about you - but I smell something fishy. I'm seeing so many old timers throwing in the towel

or stepping way back on their buys. For me a lot of the fun scratching is gone - what about you ?

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

Orlando, FL
          United States
          Member #95015
          August 1, 2010
          253 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2016, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Ripped through 10 $25 Fortunes - ALL duds ! I don't know about you - but I smell something fishy. I'm seeing so many old timers throwing in the towel

or stepping way back on their buys. For me a lot of the fun scratching is gone - what about you ?

I completely agree.  I used to buy scratchers daily.  Now I buy them, see the massive loss, then take a week or two off.  Back when we had Billion Dollar Blockbuster if I purchased 5 tickets I always won something.  I won $1,000 4 times and $500 more times than I can count.  The $20 Gold Rush running at the same time I won the gold bar $500 more times than I can count.  Those days were a lot of fun.  The number of duds they are pushing out now takes the fun away.  When you purchase $200 worth of scracthers with he best odds and all are duds, there is something unethical going on with the program.   The odds are clearly not as advertised and nobody seems to be able to do anything about it.  They need to be investigated by an outside company.

Largo
            United States
            Member #157181
            July 11, 2014
            190 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2016, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

So my 25$ Florida Cash ticket that I shared was actually a 200$ winner, not 100$! I bought 2 20$ Monopoly, won back 20. Two of the 10$ 5000$/wk for life and won 10$ on one ticket and 50$ on the other. Bought two more after cashing the three winning tickets, and both were losers. :( Otherwise it wasn't a bad day. There aren't many stores in my new neighborhood that have a good variety of tickets. So maybe this weekend while I am over in Tampa I will try a few more.

Jacksonville
              United States
              Member #153806
              March 26, 2014
              345 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2016, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I'd say nice wins. Doubling what you spent for the day is always nice. 

I bought 12 of the new *Wheel of Misfortune $5 ticket. 

3 winners (So got back the game odds of 1:4) of...*drumroll*....$5! $60 spent, $15 back. I entered the losers in the second chance, but I know the odds are extremely slim.

EMTAdam - Agreed ticket #59 saved the day on that Holiday Gifts roll. If it weren't for that ticket, it would have been a ty roll. I'm still a little surprised neither of the top prizes from the $10 Holiday Gifts has turned up yet. It sounds like several stores across the state, and district offices seem to be selling them. You would think at least one would have popped up. 

Gators - How has your luck been lately? Have you played any of the $10 Holiday Gifts? I know the regional office in Jax is still selling them, and I can name at least 4-5 other food stores that stocks 1-2 rolls of it every month with it selling off about every two weeks.

Dracos,

I've had some luck with the $200MS.  I've been having mixed luck with the $10 Holiday Gifts.  I'll hit a hot part of the roll and get a $100 winner and some small wins.  Then i'll buy more and get 9 out of 10 losers.  At the end of the day, I'll go through 25 tickets on $100 (with reinvesting wins), but end up with nothing when its done.  It's very hard to hit the $500+ prize levels.

I'm starting to hit my end-game with scratch offs.  The only two games I am going to focus on are the $200MS and $10 Holiday Cash because of the good possibility there is at least one top prize remaining in each game and the odds are manageable.  I've not been very impressed with the newer games (e.g., Flamingo games and the $25 Florida Fortune).

I'm not saying I won't buy anymore tickets, but my ticket purchases will drop to one a week at most.  Once someone claims the next top prize in the $200MS and the $10 Holiday Cash, I'll head into lotto hibernation.

Cape Coral
                United States
                Member #173988
                March 28, 2016
                216 Posts
                Posted: April 28, 2016, 2:14 am - IP Logged

Dracos,

I've had some luck with the $200MS.  I've been having mixed luck with the $10 Holiday Gifts.  I'll hit a hot part of the roll and get a $100 winner and some small wins.  Then i'll buy more and get 9 out of 10 losers.  At the end of the day, I'll go through 25 tickets on $100 (with reinvesting wins), but end up with nothing when its done.  It's very hard to hit the $500+ prize levels.

I'm starting to hit my end-game with scratch offs.  The only two games I am going to focus on are the $200MS and $10 Holiday Cash because of the good possibility there is at least one top prize remaining in each game and the odds are manageable.  I've not been very impressed with the newer games (e.g., Flamingo games and the $25 Florida Fortune).

I'm not saying I won't buy anymore tickets, but my ticket purchases will drop to one a week at most.  Once someone claims the next top prize in the $200MS and the $10 Holiday Cash, I'll head into lotto hibernation.

I have pretty much gone on the same plan as you.  The new tickets have been horrible, so no more of that.  I havent seen a $200ms anywhere in a long time. I know of 2 places that order $10HG and always have them, and will order me a book whenever I ask.  Oddly enough, both of these store managers have told me that $200ms is discontinued and they cant order it.......

Either way, Im slowing my buying down , and when I do buy its only going to be the $10HG once a jackpot is claimed, im done for a while.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  606 Posts
                  Posted: April 28, 2016, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

I have pretty much gone on the same plan as you.  The new tickets have been horrible, so no more of that.  I havent seen a $200ms anywhere in a long time. I know of 2 places that order $10HG and always have them, and will order me a book whenever I ask.  Oddly enough, both of these store managers have told me that $200ms is discontinued and they cant order it.......

Either way, Im slowing my buying down , and when I do buy its only going to be the $10HG once a jackpot is claimed, im done for a while.

Sounds like we've all got the same plan. I see more and more older players slowing down, or stopping to play. I think many of us are seeing how this hobby just isn't financially feasible, at least anymore. When 100+, and $500 winners were common we could afford to play. Encountering $100-$200 of duds at a time with $20-$25 tickets is a big slap in a face, and just not financially feasible. 

I agree the new tickets are absolute garbage. I'm also slowing down, and planning on probably buying one ticket every couple of weeks after a top prize is claimed on the $10 Holiday Gifts. I'm still only playing those once every two weeks on payday.

Ft.Lauderdale,FL
                    United States
                    Member #144982
                    July 23, 2013
                    50 Posts
                    Posted: April 28, 2016, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Hi. Does anyone here still play the $10 gold rush? Or bought a book of them? I played that game a few times and never won anything on it. Kinda lousy game, IMO. Has anyone had any luck on it or considered it a favorite? Good Luck.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #167757
                      July 29, 2015
                      359 Posts
                      Posted: April 28, 2016, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Hi. Does anyone here still play the $10 gold rush? Or bought a book of them? I played that game a few times and never won anything on it. Kinda lousy game, IMO. Has anyone had any luck on it or considered it a favorite? Good Luck.

Been through plenty, never gotten much on it.

Also, bought a full book of $200MS yesterday. $355 back on $600. Only 4 ($10-$15) winners in the first 33 tickets.

Largo
                        United States
                        Member #157181
                        July 11, 2014
                        190 Posts
                        Posted: April 28, 2016, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Bought 5 of these, thankfully this was the end result. Ticket #009. I only ended up buying 5 because there's almost always a decent win on a lower number ticker for 20$ Gold Rush. Glad I was right this time! LOL. Thought about buying #010 and #011 but didn't bother. Mybe I'll grab them in the morning.

Jacksonville
                          United States
                          Member #153806
                          March 26, 2014
                          345 Posts
                          Posted: April 29, 2016, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Been through plenty, never gotten much on it.

Also, bought a full book of $200MS yesterday. $355 back on $600. Only 4 ($10-$15) winners in the first 33 tickets.

I hate to say, but the typical range for a book is about $305 to $405.  The only way you usually get a better return is if a $500 creeps into the book.  Always double check your tickets though, maybe you'll be surprised...

Tampa
                            United States
                            Member #174542
                            April 28, 2016
                            6 Posts
                            Posted: April 29, 2016, 9:27 am - IP Logged

props to dracos     his obsession with the 10 dollar holiday gifts led me to a 200 dollar hit, otherwise I might of never paid attention    to them, I been taking a beating on   25   dollar tickets lately     I need this,

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #172872
                              February 7, 2016
                              606 Posts
                              Posted: April 29, 2016, 9:40 am - IP Logged

props to dracos     his obsession with the 10 dollar holiday gifts led me to a 200 dollar hit, otherwise I might of never paid attention    to them, I been taking a beating on   25   dollar tickets lately     I need this,

Gratz on the nice hit on the Holiday Gifts Sunny, and sorry to hear about the beating on the $25 tickets. Many of us seem to be having the same experience with the $25 tickets. They either pay off very well, or burn you. The latter seems to be more common.

KFla -  Congratz on the $100 win for a break even on the Gold Rush. I've also noticed that the bigger hits on the $20 Gold Rush tend to be on lower numbers (usually #6-#13) from my experiences. 

LottoLuv  - I've played $10 Gold Rush here and there, but I haven't gotten more than $20 or $25 on it. My best hit on a $10 ticket has been on the $10 Holiday Gifts (for $1000 and $500 with many $100 wins) followed by $100 on the Flamingo ticket (with plenty of duds to follow). 

Mr Gray -  Sorry to hear about the semiaverage return on the $200MS Book.

Page 201 of 352