Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5270 replies. Last post 11 hours ago by duckman.

Page 195 of 352
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #159338
September 21, 2014
39 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2016, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I didnt win anything on the flamingo second chance. shocked. anyone else win on it? if so how many entries did u put in?

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #62713
    July 6, 2008
    3715 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2016, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

PartyCONGRATS Skeptic , Nice Find. Party

Keep moving Forward.

Orlando, FL
      United States
      Member #95015
      August 1, 2010
      252 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2016, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

I didnt win anything on the flamingo second chance. shocked. anyone else win on it? if so how many entries did u put in?

I had 1640 entries in this last second chance drawing and nothing.  I never win in second chance.  The low number of prizes make the odds terrible.

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #62713
        July 6, 2008
        3715 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2016, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Dracos ! The days of my buying a big bunch of the $25 Fortune Cookies is over - in fact I'm cutting way back to just buying 2  tickets every now and then.

I bought TWO Monos and got a grand. If I could keep winning at that ratio everyday I could break even from my losses in 20 years. The fun of scratching is not like it used to be for me.

Hope you get that one life changing ticket :)

I Agree! That's what I have been doing the past year in half. Just Stay Disciplined.  Thumbs Up

Keep moving Forward.

Florida
          United States
          Member #172872
          February 7, 2016
          606 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2016, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Not everyone is having bad luck with the $25 Fortune. Gaineville woman claimed first 10MM prize.

Wow, a woman from Gainesville? Was it a UF student? 

It would be cool if it was a fellow Gator alum. The idea of a huge winner like that being found in Gainesville is pretty incredible! Shocked

Florida
            United States
            Member #172872
            February 7, 2016
            606 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2016, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I had 1640 entries in this last second chance drawing and nothing.  I never win in second chance.  The low number of prizes make the odds terrible.

I hear you guys...

Sorry you guys haven't had any luck. I understand as also I've entered every single Flamingo promotion. The most entries I had was about 900. I was a "alternate winner" for one of the entries, but never actually won a prize. There are people who have entered thousands of entries each promotion, and didn't win anything.

It seems like those people probably would have been better off playing nonflamingo tickets, in my opinion. The amount of duds, and $20 winners on the $20 Flamingo ticket made it one of the worst to play. Now that 2nd chance is over, I'm not sure why anyone would play it considering how bad the $200-$500 odds are compared to the $25 tickets. Heck, $10 tickets have better odds if you consider the difference in investment...

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to splurge on tickets since it has been two weeks since I've last played. I'm going to go all out on the Holiday Gifts ticket I think.

Cape Coral
              United States
              Member #173988
              March 28, 2016
              216 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2016, 2:16 am - IP Logged

I hear you guys...

Sorry you guys haven't had any luck. I understand as also I've entered every single Flamingo promotion. The most entries I had was about 900. I was a "alternate winner" for one of the entries, but never actually won a prize. There are people who have entered thousands of entries each promotion, and didn't win anything.

It seems like those people probably would have been better off playing nonflamingo tickets, in my opinion. The amount of duds, and $20 winners on the $20 Flamingo ticket made it one of the worst to play. Now that 2nd chance is over, I'm not sure why anyone would play it considering how bad the $200-$500 odds are compared to the $25 tickets. Heck, $10 tickets have better odds if you consider the difference in investment...

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to splurge on tickets since it has been two weeks since I've last played. I'm going to go all out on the Holiday Gifts ticket I think.

Between you buying them in the northern half of the state, and me buying them in the southern half, hopefully one of us will cash in big.

Florida
                United States
                Member #172872
                February 7, 2016
                606 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2016, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Between you buying them in the northern half of the state, and me buying them in the southern half, hopefully one of us will cash in big.

The Florida Lottery is definitely manipulating this game. I don't think I will buy anymore Holiday Tickets. One of the spots I buy tickets from had a full book only on ticket number 3 picked up by a local lottery rep. The retailer said he wanted to keep it in stock. 

Also, after buying two books from a different store I scratched the first. The return was horrible, worst one I've seen. Around $245 back out of $600. Highest winner was $30.

I think the lottery is selling off the rest  of the holiday duds, and ensuring any big winners are destroyed. The stocking, and removal of stocks of these tickets seems very suspicious. I'm thinking any jackpots may have been deactivated, or possibly have been lost .

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #171925
                  January 13, 2016
                  316 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2016, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

The Florida Lottery is definitely manipulating this game. I don't think I will buy anymore Holiday Tickets. One of the spots I buy tickets from had a full book only on ticket number 3 picked up by a local lottery rep. The retailer said he wanted to keep it in stock. 

Also, after buying two books from a different store I scratched the first. The return was horrible, worst one I've seen. Around $245 back out of $600. Highest winner was $30.

I think the lottery is selling off the rest  of the holiday duds, and ensuring any big winners are destroyed. The stocking, and removal of stocks of these tickets seems very suspicious. I'm thinking any jackpots may have been deactivated, or possibly have been lost .

I have my doubts against them intentionally pulling winning tickets. It goes with the logic that more than 1 person would have to know about the intent and the odds that someone would eventually spill the beans, pissed off former employee or what not, is too high and would cause too much of a scandal. I've also gotten questionable information from retailers before. One telling me King's Ransom was done, couldn't order anymore, and then a week later he had new rolls. Lady at the gas station said she couldn't order Hundreds of Dollars anymore as the game is ending (that's a $1 game I'm sure nobody on this forum has heard of .. lol.) She was listing off a bunch that she said couldn't be re-ordered. Nothing of interest was on her list. Note the $10 holiday wasn't on the list of games she could not reorder either.

My guess with the $10 holiday is that it's just an underselling ticket, and once the holidays pass a lot of retailers probably shy away from it because of the holiday labeling. Speaking of.. I just bought four after winning $100 on $5 Flamingo and the first three lost (generally I buy one at a time until a winner, then sometimes the one after a winner), and 3 were losers, fourth won $20. Weak.

The $5 WoF sucks so far for me. Few winners. best I think was $5, maybe a $10 or $20? Don't recall. 90%+ losers that I've gotten, but I've seen a lot of games start out with major suck, then they start doing well. May stick to $5 Flamingo a bit longer, then switch to WoF.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #171925
                    January 13, 2016
                    316 Posts
                    Posted: April 8, 2016, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Double post. Sorry.

So the otherwise junky WoF already sold a grand prize. 4 days in, depending on how you count.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #167757
                      July 29, 2015
                      359 Posts
                      Posted: April 8, 2016, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I have my doubts against them intentionally pulling winning tickets. It goes with the logic that more than 1 person would have to know about the intent and the odds that someone would eventually spill the beans, pissed off former employee or what not, is too high and would cause too much of a scandal. I've also gotten questionable information from retailers before. One telling me King's Ransom was done, couldn't order anymore, and then a week later he had new rolls. Lady at the gas station said she couldn't order Hundreds of Dollars anymore as the game is ending (that's a $1 game I'm sure nobody on this forum has heard of .. lol.) She was listing off a bunch that she said couldn't be re-ordered. Nothing of interest was on her list. Note the $10 holiday wasn't on the list of games she could not reorder either.

My guess with the $10 holiday is that it's just an underselling ticket, and once the holidays pass a lot of retailers probably shy away from it because of the holiday labeling. Speaking of.. I just bought four after winning $100 on $5 Flamingo and the first three lost (generally I buy one at a time until a winner, then sometimes the one after a winner), and 3 were losers, fourth won $20. Weak.

The $5 WoF sucks so far for me. Few winners. best I think was $5, maybe a $10 or $20? Don't recall. 90%+ losers that I've gotten, but I've seen a lot of games start out with major suck, then they start doing well. May stick to $5 Flamingo a bit longer, then switch to WoF.

While I agree with you about the improbability of the Lottery intentionally pulling/destroying jackpot tickets, what bothers me is that they do pull/destroy tickets and don't bother with the rather simple task of scanning those tickets before destroying them so as to remove any winners from the available pool. Sure there will be an initial cost of developing a set of machines to quickly remove the scratch-off material and scan the tickets, but it'd be an almost imperceptibly minuscule expense for an organization with billions of dollars in revenue every year. The only excuse for them to avoid doing this is to keep prize pools artificially high in order to maintain the volume of ticket sales for a given game.

The absence of regulatory oversight is pretty sickening.

While I'm ranting about the Lottery not using its mountain of money to any benefit of players, it would be a trivial task for a competent enterprise web developer to make the Instant Liability reports available for every game online and have them be up to date each morning. Lottery reps can already pull these reports easily and players can already attain them by emailing reps and waiting. Just putting them online would be simple. Heck, it'd even save them money over time. And the absence of this ability suggests again that the Lottery doesn't want us abreast of the current state of any game, knowing how the odds are changing over time and what prizes are still out there.

You can't keep them honest if they weren't honest to begin with.

Even the North Carolina Lottery, which looks like it hired a high-school kid to build its website, lists the remaining prizes/value for each level of each game online. Example: http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/instant_detail.aspx?gn=380

Also, I agree, WoF sucks. But I haven't had any luck with anything else for months, either. Have purchased many of the $10 Holiday, $5 Crossword Doubler, King's Ransom, and dozens of $200MS. Bottom-dollar winners only, and even those are sparse. $25 Fortune, as you all know, is also junk. Can't seem to catch a break.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #167757
                        July 29, 2015
                        359 Posts
                        Posted: April 8, 2016, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Double post. Sorry.

So the otherwise junky WoF already sold a grand prize. 4 days in, depending on how you count.

And, of course, it was in South FL. /sigh

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #172872
                          February 7, 2016
                          606 Posts
                          Posted: April 8, 2016, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps I was a little critical about how the FL lottery handles their inventory, but at times it seems suspicious. I wonder who, and how the middleman inventory person decides when to pull tickets if the retailer said that they did not request for it to happen.

I will post stats listing my results for both Holiday Gift books within the next hour or so. I bought 6 of the new $5 wheel of fortune ticket, and got $20 profit. Found this $50 "win all" ticket. 

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #171925
                            January 13, 2016
                            316 Posts
                            Posted: April 8, 2016, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps I was a little critical about how the FL lottery handles their inventory, but at times it seems suspicious. I wonder who, and how the middleman inventory person decides when to pull tickets if the retailer said that they did not request for it to happen.

I will post stats listing my results for both Holiday Gift books within the next hour or so. I bought 6 of the new $5 wheel of fortune ticket, and got $20 profit. Found this $50 "win all" ticket. 

Ugh. Hate when they do that. Toss in a dollar amount that wouldn't appear otherwise and is less than the ticket cost. Boooo

United States
                              Member #159617
                              October 2, 2014
                              246 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2016, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

First I want to say congratulations Skeptic on the Monopoly tickets I bought one couple days ago tic #16 loser . But did buy prob 12 wheel of shi$ tics 3 $5 winners that's it.

Page 195 of 352