Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5282 replies. Last post 1 hour ago by jasefan.

Page 287 of 353
PrintE-mailLink
florida
United States
Member #175659
June 28, 2016
83 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2016, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

This pretty much sums up the $200MS game.  I put a lot of money into it as well and it looks like none of the last top 2 prizes will be won.  Obviously it is possible they are still out there. My best guess is that they should be on a roll number between 540,000 to 555,000 (tops).  But I think that the game was so old that most retailers returned their half sold out rolls when new $10 games came out that thousands of partially activated rolls were deactivated.  At least one if not both of the top prizes were likely in that group. 

I am very close to tapping out.  One of the only games I am partially pursuing are whatever $10 Holiday Gifts are left - they too could face the same problem of the $200MS since many retailers may have returned the partially sold rolls after Christmas or New Years and a top prize was deactivated (like what almost happened to EMTAdam).  I will pick up Super Millions tickets if I find them in the 700,000+ range and the $2M Jackpot tickets if I find them in the 270,000+ range.  Once those games are sold out or discontinued, I am going into lotto hibernation.

I love reading the lottery chat! lol. lets try to keep it up and share this site with friends and family. I got another book from AK about 3p minutes ago so here we go again! If i dont hit a jackpot ill be okay but i figured its worth trying for on 50x and if i dont get it ill just stop playing for a long period since all the other games like monopoly are ridiculously hard to win that big . Either way its still worth keep yall updated and chatting about it ;). you live once its worth the risk!

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #61435
    May 22, 2008
    907 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2016, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

This pretty much sums up the $200MS game.  I put a lot of money into it as well and it looks like none of the last top 2 prizes will be won.  Obviously it is possible they are still out there. My best guess is that they should be on a roll number between 540,000 to 555,000 (tops).  But I think that the game was so old that most retailers returned their half sold out rolls when new $10 games came out that thousands of partially activated rolls were deactivated.  At least one if not both of the top prizes were likely in that group. 

I am very close to tapping out.  One of the only games I am partially pursuing are whatever $10 Holiday Gifts are left - they too could face the same problem of the $200MS since many retailers may have returned the partially sold rolls after Christmas or New Years and a top prize was deactivated (like what almost happened to EMTAdam).  I will pick up Super Millions tickets if I find them in the 700,000+ range and the $2M Jackpot tickets if I find them in the 270,000+ range.  Once those games are sold out or discontinued, I am going into lotto hibernation.

Got it, but it's hopefully not as blatant as scooping up left over winning tickets, dousing them with gas and lighting them up in  a weber......

Florida
      United States
      Member #172872
      February 7, 2016
      610 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2016, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

But what do you call lotto reps coming to stores asking to take entire rolls (including active ones)? I still consider it game manipulation, whether intentional or unintentional (especially considering they don't account for jackpots destroyed). 

Adam is lucky his retailer advocated for keeping the roll for him as a customer. There's been times where I tried to play $10 Holiday Gifts at stores, and had the retailer tell me "The lottery guy took it". I know they have incentives for retailers, financial incentives for selling newer tickets in the form of raffles and such. 

The fact that they continue to introduce new tickets monthly contributes to the problem. Look at the $1 Lots of Books with 22 or 23 jackpots remaining compared to $1 Triple Cash with 7 jackpots remaining. I'm guessing Lots of Bucks was kicked to the curb faster than Triple Cash. I don't know if stores like Publix/Winn Dixie wait to sell off an entire $1/$2 roll on the day of the release, or if they just send back those activated rolls to make immediate room for new tickets. I tend to believe the ladder.

@ Gators Also, I agree wholeheartedly with Krissam. He hit the nail on the head. I also wish you the best of luck, and hope you catch a break soon. I'm sure that $500 win on the $20 Flamingo helped. I support your plan of lotto hibernation, and I am joining it lol. 

@ Ronnie - Good luck on the new roll, and yes as cliche as it sounds...yolo! (except for when this hobby makes you accrue debt, haha)

United States
        Member #175371
        June 13, 2016
        209 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2016, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Took a roadtrip up 75 and planned on stopping in Gainesville/Lake City etc. but it was a beautiful day so ended up in Valdosta instead ... they have scratch-off tickets that are 8inchesx8inches $25... what the heck ... so many pretty tickets though and HUGE DISPLAYS  of tickets... bought the usual and won on 4/5 tickets everywhere but only free ticket or $2 back (on the $1/$2 tickets)  Hilarious to go to Publix and see an Ipad sized scratch-off

Bought a few Florida tickets on way home and they are waiting to be scratched after dinner

Miami
          United States
          Member #176478
          August 7, 2016
          33 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2016, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Lost my latest $25 tonight. Down now like $73 over the last month after playing well over $600. 

The bad stretch is now getting to me. 

I may buy 1 or 2 tomorrow. What do you guys think is the best $10 or $20 game to play right now?

United States
            Member #175359
            June 12, 2016
            101 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Today, I experienced 12 duds out of 14 $5000 a week for life tickets that I bought...its really frustrating and draining...I calculated the only pending prize should be in 348xxx to 350xxx range and this was exactly in that range...also, I never found people talking about this game in this forum even though it was a good game for me until few weeks back...

Florida
              United States
              Member #172872
              February 7, 2016
              610 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Lost my latest $25 tonight. Down now like $73 over the last month after playing well over $600. 

The bad stretch is now getting to me. 

I may buy 1 or 2 tomorrow. What do you guys think is the best $10 or $20 game to play right now?

That's how it is sometimes, Kamba. 

If you think about it...

The odds on a $25 ticket is 1 in 2.88. So, roughly every roll has 14 winners and 26 losers. Obviously, this is an average and you'll hear of outlier "big payout" rolls with 20 winners potentially, or horrible rolls with maybe as little as 8-10 winners at $25-$30 each (making the total roll around $250/$300 out of $1000. I've witnessed a $20 Monopoly roll that had a $1000 winner, $500 winner, and $200 winner within the first FIVE tickets on the roll. That's an obvious outlier, and that entire roll probably paid back over $2000 when the roll only costs $600. That typically doesn't happen lol. I posted about how I bought 14 of the $20 Flamingo tickets, and receive 12...yes...TWELVE losers.

Like I said before, you were very lucky to be ahead previously. If you continue to play scratchoffs, you will likely go into the negative *unless* you win big prizes ($1k, $5k, $10k+ or a jackpot) to keep you ahead.

@ Krissam - Sorry to hear about that many duds on a $10 ticket. I wish you the best of luck, that would be an amazing game to hit the jackpot on! (Week for life) In fact, any jackpot on any week for life game would be amazing. I've had bad experiences playing that game as well.

@ Jasefan - Glad to hear you were able to try some Georgia tickets. I hope you had some luck. :)

Miami
                United States
                Member #176478
                August 7, 2016
                33 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Let me break this down:

So in every $25 ticket roll, there are only 40 tickets correct?

If that's the case, didn't realize they were so small.

I understand odds.  But please confirm the above.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  610 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Let me break this down:

So in every $25 ticket roll, there are only 40 tickets correct?

If that's the case, didn't realize they were so small.

I understand odds.  But please confirm the above.

Yes sir, that is correct. 

Each $1 roll in Florida has 300 tickets, $2 tickets 150 tickets, $3 100 tickets ( I think, never played these), $5 tickets 60, $10 tickets 60, $20 tickets 30*, and $25 tickets have 40. 

* The only exception there for $20 tickets is the $20 Lucky For Life, which has 50 in a pack (total cost of $1000).

Jacksonville
                    United States
                    Member #153806
                    March 26, 2014
                    345 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Today, I experienced 12 duds out of 14 $5000 a week for life tickets that I bought...its really frustrating and draining...I calculated the only pending prize should be in 348xxx to 350xxx range and this was exactly in that range...also, I never found people talking about this game in this forum even though it was a good game for me until few weeks back...

@kamba & krissam - it is hard for me to recommend a $10 ticket because the $2M Monopoly hit two top prizes recently, ditto with the $10 Crossword and I think the $5k L4L to prize is going to be closer to the 380k-390k range given a top prize per 100k rolls.  If you are looking at $20 tickets, you can venture with the $20 Flamingo, but it is a very unforgiving game.  It has decent odds for its higher tier prizes, but they make up for it by making the middle tier prizes ($200 - $500) very difficult to win.

I have tailored my search to the $10 Holiday ticket/$10 $2M Jackpot and $20 Super Millions because there are few rolls in circulation and the odds are better at winning a top prize in those games since fewer tickets are available.  The strategy worked for EMTAdam but it backfired on me with the $200MS.  So the strategy is somewhat high risk.

All I know for sure is that I am not buying any of the $25 misfortune tickets.  That could be the worst game ever printed.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      610 Posts
                      Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

@kamba & krissam - it is hard for me to recommend a $10 ticket because the $2M Monopoly hit two top prizes recently, ditto with the $10 Crossword and I think the $5k L4L to prize is going to be closer to the 380k-390k range given a top prize per 100k rolls.  If you are looking at $20 tickets, you can venture with the $20 Flamingo, but it is a very unforgiving game.  It has decent odds for its higher tier prizes, but they make up for it by making the middle tier prizes ($200 - $500) very difficult to win.

I have tailored my search to the $10 Holiday ticket/$10 $2M Jackpot and $20 Super Millions because there are few rolls in circulation and the odds are better at winning a top prize in those games since fewer tickets are available.  The strategy worked for EMTAdam but it backfired on me with the $200MS.  So the strategy is somewhat high risk.

All I know for sure is that I am not buying any of the $25 misfortune tickets.  That could be the worst game ever printed.

Ahem 

You're missing: $25 Florida Ass, $20 Unlucky For Life (or $20 Idiot Tax for Life), $5 MAXIMUM DEBT (the new $5 ticket), oh, and the $5 Losing Streak. 

That's right about how bad $20 Flamingo is. Like I said, I bought FOURTEEN and only had two winners for $20, and $25. $1 tickets offer better return rates, lmao. I know this was just a very cold roll, but I think it illustrates Gator's point about how unforgiving this game can certainly be. 

@ Krissam/Kamba - I agree with Gators. I wouldn't recommend $10 Monopoly at least for a few weeks, or a month. Perhaps the $10 Flamingo might be due in a few weeks or a month. The $20 Flamingo is definitely due, and I've seen tickets in the 700k range where I live (although most are in the 670k range). It is getting toward the end of the print with two $5 million prizes left, and 5 $1 million prizes. But again, $20 Flamingo can kick your ass and empty your wallet.

florida
                        United States
                        Member #175659
                        June 28, 2016
                        83 Posts
                        Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Ahem 

You're missing: $25 Florida Ass, $20 Unlucky For Life (or $20 Idiot Tax for Life), $5 MAXIMUM DEBT (the new $5 ticket), oh, and the $5 Losing Streak. 

That's right about how bad $20 Flamingo is. Like I said, I bought FOURTEEN and only had two winners for $20, and $25. $1 tickets offer better return rates, lmao. I know this was just a very cold roll, but I think it illustrates Gator's point about how unforgiving this game can certainly be. 

@ Krissam/Kamba - I agree with Gators. I wouldn't recommend $10 Monopoly at least for a few weeks, or a month. Perhaps the $10 Flamingo might be due in a few weeks or a month. The $20 Flamingo is definitely due, and I've seen tickets in the 700k range where I live (although most are in the 670k range). It is getting toward the end of the print with two $5 million prizes left, and 5 $1 million prizes. But again, $20 Flamingo can kick your ass and empty your wallet.

wheel of fortune. ive won once. wth. add that ticket to the list lol

Miami
                          United States
                          Member #176478
                          August 7, 2016
                          33 Posts
                          Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Thank you guys for all your knowledge. I only play a few a week. I've won the majority of my money on the 10 million dollar fortune game. The first one I ever scratched off was a $100 winner. I've already had 3 of those. I've probably played 20 of these and am up a tad on the game. Down on everything else. I'm keeping track.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #172872
                            February 7, 2016
                            610 Posts
                            Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Thank you guys for all your knowledge. I only play a few a week. I've won the majority of my money on the 10 million dollar fortune game. The first one I ever scratched off was a $100 winner. I've already had 3 of those. I've probably played 20 of these and am up a tad on the game. Down on everything else. I'm keeping track.

@ Ronnie - True, let's add that to the list lmao. 

@ Kamba - Np, and that game can certainly be hot or cold just like the $20 Gold Rush. I notice ticket number #6-#13 is where I've always found a $500 winner whenever I've hit that amount on scratchoffs on that game. Every time I've hit $500 on Gold Rush, it has always been in that range. That's another ticket that might be worth considering playing. We've had one of our posters here (Duckman) hit $100k on the $20 Gold Rush I think when it first came out roughly. That ticket has in my opinion, the best balance of a fairly attainable low "big" payout $500 has odds of only 1 in 197, I think the $100k top prize is 1 in 440k or something, which is way better than the odds at hitting $100k on comparable games like Super Millions or $20 Flamingo. 

The only thing with $20 Gold Rush is I'm still seeing tickets in the 150k range, which I assume came from the original production (not the recent reorder), meaning zero chance at hitting a jackpot. I think the lottery is intentionally releasing mostly tickets from the original order and than throwing in some tickets from the reorder (which is why we saw a jackpot hit on it recently).

florida
                              United States
                              Member #175659
                              June 28, 2016
                              83 Posts
                              Posted: August 12, 2016, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Won another 105 on the last 20..had only 4 winners lol. Started a new roll with the gf..first 30 only had 125 :/ hopefully the end is better but i doubt it usually the beginnings hotter but never know. Only had like 4-5 winners. About to go through a whole other book thats seperate and will post back :)

Page 287 of 353