Welcome Guest
You last visited May 28, 2017, 10:17 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

6885 replies. Last post 14 hours ago by Risky.

Page 74 of 460
PrintE-mailLink
PA
United States
Member #129849
June 29, 2012
318 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2015, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Good day all! Quick question.  I bought four tickets.  My $10 gold rush gave me got 5x 20.00.  I didn't win anything from the other 3 cards.  Before throwing my losing tickets away I would like to know if they can be turned in.  A friend of mines told me to turn both winning and losing tickets in.  This is my first time buying scratch off tickets so I really don't know what to do. Thanks

First of all, let me congratulate you on the $100 win! That's a nice win on a $10 ticket!

Secondly, I'm not entirely sure I understand what your friend is getting at. What "I think" he means, is that you can save your 

losing tickets and then if you ever win big you can claim all your losing tickets against the taxes taken out for the big winner.

There are a few catches though:

Firstly, you need to be able to itemize your deductions via schedule A when you file your income tax.

Secondly, you can only claim losing tickets up to the total amount of winnings from the gambling. 

Lastly, you need to keep records of certain things. How strictly the record keeping is enforced, I don't know. But

if your like me and are in the position where the standard deduction is greater than anything you can offset, it's

not worth while.

You can continue to save the losing tickets if you want, but basically unless you win significantly big, and have the losers

to match dollar for dollar, it's not really what most people think it is. 20 years down the road you may scratch of that $50,000 winner

and if you save for 20 years you might have a few thousand dollars worth of losing tickets. Is it worthwhile to keep them? Sure. Just 

as long as you understand how they can be used.

Cape Coral Florida
    United States
    Member #138938
    February 10, 2013
    64 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2015, 7:56 am - IP Logged

plus in florida there is a second chance drawing for those gold rush tickets maybe he meant that.

Orlando, FL
      United States
      Member #95015
      August 1, 2010
      266 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2015, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Yes I save all of my scratchers for tax purposes and also to use in second chance drawings.  I have never won anything in a second chance drawing, but might some day.  Next week is the last drawing for the Gold Rush second chance and I have over 700 entries, thanks to all of the losing tickets they have been flooding the state with.  Would be nice to get lucky and win one for a change.

United States
        Member #159617
        October 2, 2014
        252 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2015, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

You prob have a better chance winning a $1000 then winning on second chance. I don't know about everyone else but the lotto office is just dumping duds off all over.

Largo
          United States
          Member #157181
          July 11, 2014
          209 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2015, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I have stepped back, but decided to play today. Bought 1 100X Cash #028 and won $40, bought one new ticket #018 and won $25. I swear on this game I have one 500 once, 100 once, the rest has been $25 & $35 prizes. I feel bad for complaining, but it's kind of annoying lol. Anyway, I'm glad I at least got my money back, but my hiatus will last a wee bit longer.

United States
            Member #159617
            October 2, 2014
            252 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2015, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

I have 4 $500 1 $400 and prob 20 $100 and 1 $1000 winner on new $25 but I gave up on it I hit maybe one $100 on the $25 tic last 8 days. I played all the best number tics baught tons of them nothing at all they really cool off.started playing 100x and play 4.

Saint Petersburg
              United States
              Member #151352
              January 15, 2014
              143 Posts
              Posted: April 3, 2015, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Bought a mix of tickets yesterday and won a little bit. Nothing exciting though.. (4) $20 Monopoly millionaire, (2) $5 Gold Rush, (4) $10 Gold Rush.

These were the only winners below: Spent $130.00 and Won: $240.00

FLORIDA
                United States
                Member #127998
                May 14, 2012
                411 Posts
                Posted: April 3, 2015, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Luck,

I have won 1 $500 off the new 25 dollar game, and play just about every day, there are no 400, 200, what we get are the losers, 40, 30, and 25 dollar winners.  Where are the 5 and 10 k winners.  Im a firm believer they serve as an economic stimulus, they are sent to the hood areas.  Just look at where the vast majority of million dollar winners are in jax, lem turner, normandy, pearl, main, monchrief.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

United States
                  Member #159617
                  October 2, 2014
                  252 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2015, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I agree lone ranger where are the $10000 and 20k winners?? I never here of anybody winning anything that is life changing. I think if your going to drop $20 or $25 on a tic you should have more big winners.I want to know the profit they make off of these tics.

Saint Petersburg
                    United States
                    Member #151352
                    January 15, 2014
                    143 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2015, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Bought two $20 Super Millions at 7-Eleven a little earlier. #'s 1 & 2...... #1 won $100 and #2 lost. Happy Easter Everybody!!

Jacksonville
                      United States
                      Member #153806
                      March 26, 2014
                      417 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2015, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Happy Easter everyone! I was in Gainesville this weekend and bought several of the old $20 monopoly.  I bought 5 tickets and the last ticket hit a GO sign for $200.  I decided to buy 5 more and his this on ticket #37 (4th one in from the second purchase).

$500 monopoly win

Saint Petersburg
                        United States
                        Member #151352
                        January 15, 2014
                        143 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2015, 6:00 am - IP Logged

Happy Easter everyone! I was in Gainesville this weekend and bought several of the old $20 monopoly.  I bought 5 tickets and the last ticket hit a GO sign for $200.  I decided to buy 5 more and his this on ticket #37 (4th one in from the second purchase).

$500 monopoly win

Nice Wins !!

United States
                          Member #159617
                          October 2, 2014
                          252 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2015, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Nice gator you always win on the old tics lol !!

Saint Petersburg
                            United States
                            Member #151352
                            January 15, 2014
                            143 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2015, 7:18 am - IP Logged

I played 2 $25 Florida Cash #'s 11 & 12. Both tickets won back $25 which is good in a way, but very ridiculous and sad at the same time. Bought another 2 $25 Florida Cash tickets from a different roll and won back only $25. Stopped at a different store called "speed gas" for the heck of it and they had 6 rolls of the $25 Florida Cash going at the same time. Blew my mind. I bought one ticket. It lost. I left. Dang Shame!!

United States
                              Member #159617
                              October 2, 2014
                              252 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2015, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Starke the new $25 has the worst payout ever. I would say 98% of the winning tics are $25. I wish I could see what a entire roll would have on it. Gator can you buy a roll and let us know lol.

Page 74 of 460