Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5251 replies. Last post 4 hours ago by Woodro.

Page 77 of 351
PrintE-mailLink
Orlando, FL
United States
Member #95015
August 1, 2010
252 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2015, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

After taking a week off I stopped in the Publix in Metrowest in Orlando during lunch.  I purchased 4 new $25 scratchers.  3 losers and 1 big win which more than made up for it.

SARASOTA, FL
    United States
    Member #95778
    August 17, 2010
    1090 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2015, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

After taking a week off I stopped in the Publix in Metrowest in Orlando during lunch.  I purchased 4 new $25 scratchers.  3 losers and 1 big win which more than made up for it.

WOW ! Great win ! I don't know how you do it, but keep doin' it !

Orlando, FL
      United States
      Member #95015
      August 1, 2010
      252 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2015, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Skeptic, but I am still deep in the hole this year.  That was my first $1,000 win since the Billion Blockbuster scratchers,  This year's Gold Rush put me deep in the hole, but slowly climbing up.

SARASOTA, FL
        United States
        Member #95778
        August 17, 2010
        1090 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2015, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Skeptic, but I am still deep in the hole this year.  That was my first $1,000 win since the Billion Blockbuster scratchers,  This year's Gold Rush put me deep in the hole, but slowly climbing up.

WBRIGHT - You reminded me of something when you mentioned Billion Dollar Blockbuster - I remember how hard it got to scratch the paint off your winning numbers section - sometimes I'd scratch right through the ticket. When OldSchoolHits was playing back then he complained about how tough it was to scratch - I advised him to first soak the tickets in warm soapy water and then scratch  LOL ....... I think he did and ruined a couple before he realized I was only joking. Back then we had a group of dedicated Florida players sharing good times, poking fun, conversation .............seems like that's gone now ...... yeah, times change don't they .....

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #104435
          January 14, 2011
          2244 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2015, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

WBRIGHT - You reminded me of something when you mentioned Billion Dollar Blockbuster - I remember how hard it got to scratch the paint off your winning numbers section - sometimes I'd scratch right through the ticket. When OldSchoolHits was playing back then he complained about how tough it was to scratch - I advised him to first soak the tickets in warm soapy water and then scratch  LOL ....... I think he did and ruined a couple before he realized I was only joking. Back then we had a group of dedicated Florida players sharing good times, poking fun, conversation .............seems like that's gone now ...... yeah, times change don't they .....

The $20 LFL is getting impossible to scratch as well. Its too <snip> old ! Still have not won more than $200 on that pos ticket. 

I think many Florida guys ran away cause the lottery is getting worse and worse. The amount of losers these days is ridiculous. 5 years ago I was hitting $100 on any denomination ticket. Now I cant even hit $50 on a $25 ticket!

I want the OLD GR back. Or the $10 Cash Bonanza (1st $10 ticket) the odds for $100 and $500 were as good as the odds for those prizes on $25 tickets today! LOL

It was 1:3.05 or something. Look at $10 ticket odds now......

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Florida
            United States
            Member #104435
            January 14, 2011
            2244 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2015, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Even more ridiculous is I had to pay IRS over $20K in taxes last week. Jeez the state could build a high school with my donations to the lottery and I still owe taxes. I think that is unfair...... The should give a tax break on lottery losses

Tampa, Fl
              United States
              Member #136502
              December 12, 2012
              109 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2015, 2:45 am - IP Logged

They do, I grab all the loser scratchers from the trash next to the lotto machine at publix and save em in a huge manila envelope and claim them as gambling losses.

Orlando, FL
                United States
                Member #95015
                August 1, 2010
                252 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2015, 10:12 am - IP Logged

At the Orlando District office this morning when I was turning in my 1K Florida Cash scratcher win, there were 3 others waiting.  One woman won 5K on the $20 Monopoly Millionaire and the other two also won 1K on the $25 Florida Cash scratcher.  While we all waited about an hour for our checks we were all commenting on the signs all over the lottery office about all the millions available from the Gold Rush tickets.  Everyone said they were all burned with nothing but losers for the Gold Rush.

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #62713
                  July 6, 2008
                  3715 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2015, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

I myself have cut down drastically on my spending on scratch offs. I agree to find a $500 winner now a days on a $20 tickets is as difficult as finding a $1k a few years ago. Also Finding a $100 now a days is like finding a $500 a few years ago. Times definitely have changed. Not to mention $5 and $10 Tickets - If you hit $500 on any of those - consider yourself Lucky. Its like finding a needle in a haystack.  I am not trying to be negative , just real.  Good luck !!!

Keep moving Forward.

United States
                    Member #162133
                    December 23, 2014
                    143 Posts
                    Posted: April 17, 2015, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

wbright...and skeptic...good on both of you!  Way to go!

I spent 21 this morning...three two's and 3 fives...got this guy on my fives...

I'm disapointed in the photo quality.   How do you guys get such good pictures????  Anyhee...after work cashed in my winnings...spent 70.00 and won 52.00.  .......

Learned two things...the 'house' always wins...and scratchoff tickets and (this forum won't let me say 'c*o*c*k*t*a*i*l*s)  don't mix!!!!!!

All the best to All of you...

Jacksonville
                      United States
                      Member #153806
                      March 26, 2014
                      345 Posts
                      Posted: April 17, 2015, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I want to echo the comments about the gradual erosion of the quality prizes in the scratch-off games over the past several years.  Statistically, the return on the scratch-off games has declined over the several years.  This has happened in three general ways:

1.  Top prizes have been reduced in value from a $3M (or more) top prize and a $1M (or $500K) second place prize to a $3M top prize and a $100K second place prize.  (compare the Billion Dollar Blockbuster, $3M Monopoly, Millionaire Club, Gold Rush Tripler, $200 L4L, etc to the new Super Millions, $600M Gold Rush and Flamingo Fortune).  This is true for $20 games.  The $10 games have been changed a little less drastically but the $20,000 prize level was eliminated in all $10 games after the $200M Spectacular. 
                      2. The top prizes in all $10, $20 and $25 games are now paid over 25 years instead of 20 years which results in a lower value when claiming the lump sum prize (which almost everyone does).
                      3. The lower tier prizes of $500 and $1,000 have been made gradually more difficult to win.  Also, the new $25 games no longer offer a $10,000 prize level.  The overall changes do not have to be very drastic all at once.  The Lottery operates on a large volume of ticket sales.  If the return on a new game drops from 55% (old game) to 53% (new game), most players will not notice the difference.  But that additional 2% margin is huge to the Lottery when they are looking at ticket sales in excess of $100M for multiple new $5 - $25 games.

I suspect these changes to increase profitability are due to the fact that the legislature needs more money each year from the Florida Lottery to fund Bright Future's Scholarship and higher education.  Also, operating costs (distribution costs, dealer incentives ($2K bonuses for selling top prize tickets), wages increases) increase every year. 

The Florida Lottery has to earn more money from a relatively static group of players.  Unlike other businesses, the Florida Lottery cannot easily raise prices to make up the difference. They are not going to sell $21 scratch-off tickets or $1.15 scratch-off tickets.   

Every time a new game comes out or a change is made to an existing game, the new product is typically inferior to the old product because the new product's sole purpose is to generate more revenue for the Florida Lottery than the old product. 

I don't foresee any change in the near future.  I am just going to have to hope to be in the right place at the right time...

orlando,fl
                        United States
                        Member #89879
                        April 17, 2010
                        130 Posts
                        Posted: April 18, 2015, 3:30 am - IP Logged

Congrats. I live in Orlando too, more specifically winter park on aloma ave and play the same 3 or 4 stores in my vicinity. The "lucky" lotto and food on semoran, an indian store on goldenrod and either one of the korean owned stores on aloma or semoran as well. Since I found out that wawa has been lotto I am thinking of hitting them up. It seems better to play at random places but alot of you guys hit at publix and I almost never win anything from the counter or auto machine so I don't know what to do lol. I guess just play a different spot everytime I get a scratch off I suppose.

United States
                          Member #159617
                          October 2, 2014
                          246 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2015, 6:16 am - IP Logged

Gator nice peace of writing I agree 100% just sucks. Wish I played back in the good old days.

Saint Petersburg
                            United States
                            Member #151352
                            January 15, 2014
                            141 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2015, 8:08 am - IP Logged

I want to echo the comments about the gradual erosion of the quality prizes in the scratch-off games over the past several years.  Statistically, the return on the scratch-off games has declined over the several years.  This has happened in three general ways:

1.  Top prizes have been reduced in value from a $3M (or more) top prize and a $1M (or $500K) second place prize to a $3M top prize and a $100K second place prize.  (compare the Billion Dollar Blockbuster, $3M Monopoly, Millionaire Club, Gold Rush Tripler, $200 L4L, etc to the new Super Millions, $600M Gold Rush and Flamingo Fortune).  This is true for $20 games.  The $10 games have been changed a little less drastically but the $20,000 prize level was eliminated in all $10 games after the $200M Spectacular. 
                            2. The top prizes in all $10, $20 and $25 games are now paid over 25 years instead of 20 years which results in a lower value when claiming the lump sum prize (which almost everyone does).
                            3. The lower tier prizes of $500 and $1,000 have been made gradually more difficult to win.  Also, the new $25 games no longer offer a $10,000 prize level.  The overall changes do not have to be very drastic all at once.  The Lottery operates on a large volume of ticket sales.  If the return on a new game drops from 55% (old game) to 53% (new game), most players will not notice the difference.  But that additional 2% margin is huge to the Lottery when they are looking at ticket sales in excess of $100M for multiple new $5 - $25 games.

I suspect these changes to increase profitability are due to the fact that the legislature needs more money each year from the Florida Lottery to fund Bright Future's Scholarship and higher education.  Also, operating costs (distribution costs, dealer incentives ($2K bonuses for selling top prize tickets), wages increases) increase every year. 

The Florida Lottery has to earn more money from a relatively static group of players.  Unlike other businesses, the Florida Lottery cannot easily raise prices to make up the difference. They are not going to sell $21 scratch-off tickets or $1.15 scratch-off tickets.   

Every time a new game comes out or a change is made to an existing game, the new product is typically inferior to the old product because the new product's sole purpose is to generate more revenue for the Florida Lottery than the old product. 

I don't foresee any change in the near future.  I am just going to have to hope to be in the right place at the right time...

I concur to your statement 1,000%. Very nicely put!! I've been losing so much lately I'm to the point where I actually care about spending little amounts of money on tickets just to watch it disappear on loosing tickets. Never felt like that until late last year until now. I bought 5 $20 Gold rush tickets yesterday and every single one lost. I even double, triple, quad checked them all again, and YUP!! They were all still losers. I haven't won over $100 on that game yet!! It's a dang shame ; (

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #104435
                              January 14, 2011
                              2244 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2015, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Great post and spot on. I want to quit scratch offs for good, but I want to win a big prize first. I consider it a life goal. Its not as much about the money anymore to me its become more of "hey I actually found a 6 or 7 figure winning ticket" I would quit cold if I hit $100K or more.

Page 77 of 351