Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 16 of 42
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2013, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

You had a good day on Tuesday, April 16th with the Megamilllions...

$11 return on a $10 investment.

Even if you factor in the $10 you dropped on Wednesday with the PB,

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/259061/3024461

...you're still only $9 behind for the week!

Good job.

Green laugh

ROFL

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2013, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

All joking aside, I would love to stay home or travel throughout America relying only on the spoils of the pick-3 lottery.

Party

Will I find a way to do it?

Can't say how, but It can be done, with P-4, NOT P-3, and only in one particular state. (You need a big bankroll too).

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2013, 1:28 am - IP Logged

All joking aside, I would love to stay home or travel throughout America relying only on the spoils of the pick-3 lottery.

Party

Will I find a way to do it?

Can't say how, but It can be done, with P-4, NOT P-3, and only in one particular state. (You need a big bankroll too).

DanceI Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2013, 9:14 am - IP Logged

The rules of the games doesn't prevent 3000 pick-3 players or 300 pick-4 players from purchasing $1 straight tickets, but they do stop sales when those limits are reached. It's obvious a jackpot winner could create a steady monthly income, but the question here is can anyone profit enough from small lottery winnings to qualify as a steady monthly income.

There is huge difference between a few players making a steady monthly income and enough players where the game is being played at a loss. The PA Daily Numbers game pays out about $15 million in prizes every month so there would have to be over 5000 players averaging $3000 a month in profits before that game would show a loss.

If you're asking if I believe there are systems or methods of play that could produce a steady monthly income, I'd say possibly, but I don't one so if you're asking for proof, you're asking the wrong person.

"If you're asking if I believe there are systems or methods of play that could produce a steady monthly income, I'd say possibly, but I don't one so if you're asking for proof, you're asking the wrong person."

You can't prove it because it is not possible to do.  It definitely is possible for people to come out ahead in the Pick-3 over long periods of time - but not as the result of any strategies of number selection they may employ.  The 0.3% of the 25,000 fictitious Pick-3 players in my simulation who were in the black at the end of 5 years, found themselves there purely by chance.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/2850041

If you STILL persist in believing the lottery is like a prize fight, where you can match your wits and strengths against your opponent, just remember, M. Laplace clearly disagrees with you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2013, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

I have never in all my years really ever showed a REAL loss.  Such as losing the house.  Or having the kids starve to death from my lottery expenditures.

This year in particular, the numbers have been real good to me so far.

I dont think GH is a snake oil person.  Although some people have complained that her book LMG is a advertisement for her A+ software. I had no problem buying it and using it to find number combinations with "better odds".  Currently it is a autoupdating program for all games, which is very convenient, and allows me to play and help others in other states. (when and if time permits)

Currently I am not using the program, as I have stated in other posts because of a HP Windows loading problem, which I have conveniently put off from fixing, because my excel charts can carry the load.

The problem with trying to show a profit, is that the game is highly DYNAMIC (RJ's favorite word)

So when a system begins to fail, there must be back up systems to fall back upon, or else profit evaporates.  During these time it might be best to sit out a few games, which is very hard to do.

I am not showing a profit on the predictions boards lifetime, yet (because of too many wasted all states pick 3 and pick 4 bets. Those will kill your stats.

However I am doing pretty well in the last thirty games.Yes Nod 

I have no qualms with the word DYNAMIC.  It could be the magic word of the day.

If this was pee-wee playhouse, everytime that you use that word RJ, we would all have to scream real loud!!!!

P.S.

The LFF is really fascinating if you take time to explore it.  I have not had much success with it in the past, but I am understanding it better. (sometimes perserverance can pay)

My last 4/5 win, I keyed up on a Patriot™ number against all nagging doubt, and it was good for 150 on the predictions board, and 540.00 in reall life.  So I guess you can say I have a nice grubstake going.

"The LFF is really fascinating if you take time to explore it.  I have not had much success with it in the past, but I am understanding it better. (sometimes perserverance can pay)"

Why would you suggest someone else spend time exploring something that hasn't help you?  I'm suspicious if such a thing even exist beyond being a term used as a marketing tool.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7344 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2013, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

"If you're asking if I believe there are systems or methods of play that could produce a steady monthly income, I'd say possibly, but I don't one so if you're asking for proof, you're asking the wrong person."

You can't prove it because it is not possible to do.  It definitely is possible for people to come out ahead in the Pick-3 over long periods of time - but not as the result of any strategies of number selection they may employ.  The 0.3% of the 25,000 fictitious Pick-3 players in my simulation who were in the black at the end of 5 years, found themselves there purely by chance.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/2850041

If you STILL persist in believing the lottery is like a prize fight, where you can match your wits and strengths against your opponent, just remember, M. Laplace clearly disagrees with you.

"You can't prove it because it is not possible to do."

I really doubt you can have a conversation with anyone outside of message boards. Which part of "if you're asking for proof, you're asking the wrong person" didn't you understand?

"The 0.3% of the 25,000 fictitious Pick-3 players in my simulation who were in the black at the end of 5 years, found themselves there purely by chance."

Maybe it went way way over your head, but the topic is "can anyone make an income" so if even one of your fictitious players made an income, it proves it can be done regardless of your opinion why. Since it's possible to show what could be considered an income by using your arbitrary restrictions of play that aren't in the same ball park as real play, it's possible to do in real play.

In real life conversations when you say "it is not possible to do" after proving it is possible, do people ask if you're stupid? 

elkton, maryland
              United States
              Member #85565
              January 18, 2010
              1028 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2013, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

It is impossibleDupe Alert

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2013, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

"The LFF is really fascinating if you take time to explore it.  I have not had much success with it in the past, but I am understanding it better. (sometimes perserverance can pay)"

Why would you suggest someone else spend time exploring something that hasn't help you?  I'm suspicious if such a thing even exist beyond being a term used as a marketing tool.

Maybe I should have elaborated for our highly suspicious and paranoid friend RJ from Ohio. 

I have not had much success with it in the past 

this would be in terms of individual numbers.

In terms of other "DYNAMIC"  (ARRGHH!!!!!!)

variables and parameters, I have had success with it.

Other parameters being 5 in last 5, or 2 long or perhaps a particular spread.

But yes I would too also be highly suspicious of a pattern that helped to rake in over 500 bucks.

That cant be possible, as my simulation says it is not.

LFF is about skip strings.

Dont you think knowledge of skip strings might help somebody make an income from lottery?

Of course any knowledge of skip strings is not necessarily a one size fits all scenario.  Because each game is custom tailored by its own randomness, and thouroughly has its own signature of the

"DYNAMIC"

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19901 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2013, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I should have elaborated for our highly suspicious and paranoid friend RJ from Ohio. 

I have not had much success with it in the past 

this would be in terms of individual numbers.

In terms of other "DYNAMIC"  (ARRGHH!!!!!!)

variables and parameters, I have had success with it.

Other parameters being 5 in last 5, or 2 long or perhaps a particular spread.

But yes I would too also be highly suspicious of a pattern that helped to rake in over 500 bucks.

That cant be possible, as my simulation says it is not.

LFF is about skip strings.

Dont you think knowledge of skip strings might help somebody make an income from lottery?

Of course any knowledge of skip strings is not necessarily a one size fits all scenario.  Because each game is custom tailored by its own randomness, and thouroughly has its own signature of the

"DYNAMIC"

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elaborating about Gail Howard systems wouldn't be of any benefit to me since I'm not one of her followers(fans).  She does have a following at LP so there are probably some here that might be interested in that LFF stuff.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: April 19, 2013, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

"You can't prove it because it is not possible to do."

I really doubt you can have a conversation with anyone outside of message boards. Which part of "if you're asking for proof, you're asking the wrong person" didn't you understand?

"The 0.3% of the 25,000 fictitious Pick-3 players in my simulation who were in the black at the end of 5 years, found themselves there purely by chance."

Maybe it went way way over your head, but the topic is "can anyone make an income" so if even one of your fictitious players made an income, it proves it can be done regardless of your opinion why. Since it's possible to show what could be considered an income by using your arbitrary restrictions of play that aren't in the same ball park as real play, it's possible to do in real play.

In real life conversations when you say "it is not possible to do" after proving it is possible, do people ask if you're stupid? 

n real life conversations when you say "it is not possible to do" after proving it is possible, do people ask if you're stupid? 

Somehow I dont think peple need to ask.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2013, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

It is impossibleDupe Alert

Thumbs Down

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2013, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

DanceI Agree!

Thumbs Up

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: April 19, 2013, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

You had a good day on Tuesday, April 16th with the Megamilllions...

$11 return on a $10 investment.

Even if you factor in the $10 you dropped on Wednesday with the PB,

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/259061/3024461

...you're still only $9 behind for the week!

Good job.

I don't count money spent on tickets as "losing". I don't think like a LOSER thinks.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                            Columbus, Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #128906
                            June 5, 2012
                            599 Posts
                            Posted: April 19, 2013, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I don't count money spent on tickets as "losing". I don't think like a LOSER thinks.

Interesting, I'm the same way... I run purchases like a business

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: April 20, 2013, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Interesting, I'm the same way... I run purchases like a business

I wouldn't say its like a business. I'm saying its more like the purchase of a tangible item to me.

Page 16 of 42