Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 22 of 42
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: April 28, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I said I think I mis-spoke.  I was referring to the guy who is selling his "picks."

My bad, you did state that earlier. Sorry.

Cheers

Green laugh

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: April 28, 2013, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Peter St. Pierre's first  two wins in the month of April, 2008.

St Pierre, PeterLebanon, NHPick 4$2080.00No
    St Pierre, PeterLebanon, NHMegabucks$1000.00No

Can anyone explain how to this day, five years later, Peter is still profiting mainly on the P-4?

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: April 28, 2013, 10:51 pm - IP Logged
      St Pierre, DorisRochester, NHPaycheck$600.00No

July 2008.

Even the kin folk are betting and winning. lol

Either Doris is the sister, cousin, mother, or aunt.

ROFL

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: April 28, 2013, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

"M. Laplace did not provide us with a formula."

I can only offer a formula attributed to Laplace from a link you gave. The fact it contradicts your statement suggests you either didn't read the entire article or have poor reading comprehension. 

He determined the probability where the number of successes plus 1 are divided by the number test trials plus 2. Ronnie had 5 successes in his 39 drawing trial so according to Laplace, the probability of Ronnie having success in the next drawing is 14.6%.

"You really should skip Laplace for now and spend some time with Epstein."

It looks like you jilted Catlin for Laplace, now jilting Laplace, and Epstein is the new love of your life mathematician.

I already know to make a 10% profit a pick-3 player must win $550 for every $500 they wager. Does Epstein offer any new information disputing what I already know or show proof it's impossible to make a 10% profit?

"You could save considerable face if you would just "walk away.""

Catlin, Laplace, and Epstein would all say it's more likely you'll be run out of town long before I walk away.

Laplace DID NOT provide us with a formula for what is commonly referred to as his "demon," which is what  I  was referring to.  Apparently, you didn't think readers here would be interested in more detail and background on Laplace's Rule of Succession, which is what YOU are referring to.  This is your best attempt to date to obfuscate and discredit my posts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_succession

"Laplace used the rule of succession to calculate the probability that the sun will rise tomorrow, given that it has risen every day for the past 5000 years."

If you think the Rule of Succession will help you and Ronnie select 28 number sets to wheel which will give you BETTER ODDS to win MM and PB jackpots, you should start rounding up investors now!

As for your prediction that it's more likely I'll be run out of town before you walk away - based on the improved tone, mood, and style of your writing in the above quoted post, you are probably correct.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7341 Posts
          Posted: April 29, 2013, 12:35 am - IP Logged

Laplace DID NOT provide us with a formula for what is commonly referred to as his "demon," which is what  I  was referring to.  Apparently, you didn't think readers here would be interested in more detail and background on Laplace's Rule of Succession, which is what YOU are referring to.  This is your best attempt to date to obfuscate and discredit my posts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_succession

"Laplace used the rule of succession to calculate the probability that the sun will rise tomorrow, given that it has risen every day for the past 5000 years."

If you think the Rule of Succession will help you and Ronnie select 28 number sets to wheel which will give you BETTER ODDS to win MM and PB jackpots, you should start rounding up investors now!

As for your prediction that it's more likely I'll be run out of town before you walk away - based on the improved tone, mood, and style of your writing in the above quoted post, you are probably correct.

You posted the link to the article so don't blame me because it says "The rule of succession has been subject to much criticism, partly due to the example which Laplace chose to illustrate it."

The probability of the sun rising is exactly the same as the probability against MM or PB drawing six numbers plus a bonus number in their next drawings.

"If you think the Rule of Succession will help you and Ronnie select 28 number sets to wheel which will give you BETTER ODDS to win MM and PB jackpots, you should start rounding up investors now!  "

It's really simple math; if the odds against matching five numbers out of 35 is better than matching one or more of the 21 remaining numbers, you do get better odds.

"As for your prediction that it's more likely I'll be run out of town before you walk away - based on the improved tone, mood, and style of your writing in the above quoted post, you are probably correct."

It's a given both the MM and PB jackpots will be won by the next month and at least two players will beat incredible odds. So why do you keep telling us the odds cannot be beaten?

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2013, 1:30 am - IP Logged

No matter what I say, you will continue to obscure it to bewilder the unsure.  When you consider what could happen if too many readers were to get my message, your tenacity is understandable.  Odious, but understandable.

AlwaysSunday's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
              Minnesota
              United States
              Member #140099
              March 11, 2013
              24 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2013, 2:09 am - IP Logged

Interesting read!

I'm trying to buy happiness, and it's not working.

lottobrain's avatar - box
                Smyrna, DE
                United States
                Member #10074
                January 1, 2005
                125 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2013, 9:50 am - IP Logged

And this guy from New Hampshire. I've been watching this guy for many many months, and on average he wins about 5 to 10 grand a month, sometimes less, sometimes more.

last year and the year before that, I've seen him hit 20 grand plus on one cash-in a few times, plus smaller wins in the same month.

http://www.nhlottery.com/WinnersGallery/BigWinners.aspx

March 2013,

ST. PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 4$1040.00

February, 2013

ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 4$2080.00No

December, 2012

ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 4$4160.00No
                ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 3$1660.00No

November, 2012

ST. PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 4$2080.00No
                ST. PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 3$830.00No
                ST.PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 3$4160.00No

ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 3$4160.00No

June 2012,

ST. PIERRE , PETERLEBANON  NHPick 4$4170.00No

January 2012

ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 4$27080.00No
                ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 4$1040.00No
                ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 3$830.00No

December, 2011

ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 4$27080.00No
                ST PIERRE, PETERLEBANON NHPick 3$830.00No

I could just keep going on for the last 5 years, but you get the idea.

I've been moving thru this topic looking to see if anyone would mention the man from New Hampshire.  I have to believe that he is making a profitable income from 3 and 4 digit play as he has been winning over $100,000 every year for the last 4 or 5 years.  He is regularly winning month after month.  Many of his wins are tax free tickets meaning they would not have to be cashed at the state lottery office, but due to the amount he is winning I guess he doesn't want to get audited by IRS, particularly if he is depositing the money in his bank account. Several times he has won around $27,000 on straight pick 4 tickets.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19895 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2013, 10:41 am - IP Logged

I've been moving thru this topic looking to see if anyone would mention the man from New Hampshire.  I have to believe that he is making a profitable income from 3 and 4 digit play as he has been winning over $100,000 every year for the last 4 or 5 years.  He is regularly winning month after month.  Many of his wins are tax free tickets meaning they would not have to be cashed at the state lottery office, but due to the amount he is winning I guess he doesn't want to get audited by IRS, particularly if he is depositing the money in his bank account. Several times he has won around $27,000 on straight pick 4 tickets.

If his winnings are being reported on the state website then chances are so is his name.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I was just looking at the NH list and didn't see a big repeat winner.

http://www.nhlottery.com/WinnersGallery/WinnersGallery.aspx

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2013, 11:08 am - IP Logged

How do you figure? Every income from lottery or otherwise is taxable income. It's just that the IRS doesn't bother with small wins, however, just like RJOH wrote, his name is plastered all over the winner's list for about 5 years now. Do you really think he'd take a chance like that? I doubt it.

Below is the link to the winner's list which has names in alphabetical order. Just scroll down to the bottom to see the names that have an "S" for St. Pierre, Peter. At the top you can change the dates to see his wins going back about 5 years now,

http://www.nhlottery.com/WinnersGallery/BigWinners.aspx

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7341 Posts
                        Posted: April 29, 2013, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

No matter what I say, you will continue to obscure it to bewilder the unsure.  When you consider what could happen if too many readers were to get my message, your tenacity is understandable.  Odious, but understandable.

You keep forgetting we're taking about the possibilities of anyone making an income from lottery winnings. It's useless for you to give the probability against it happening when there is a chance. Someday you'll figure out lottery players are playing for the "1" chance even if it is 1 in 175 million.

Your pick-3 simulation is based on multiple fictional players winning multiple times, IE 19 times in five years just to show a profit. With a $5 limit on every drawing, a real player could win only 4 times and show the same profit. Do you think if your Old Uncle Craig had his picture taken 30 times holding a giant check in the amount of $500 each time, he would get more inquires about his methods or would someone like Keith Price holding 9 giant checks in various amounts from $1000 to $8000?

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #99032
                          October 18, 2010
                          1439 Posts
                          Posted: April 30, 2013, 12:47 am - IP Logged

You keep forgetting we're taking about the possibilities of anyone making an income from lottery winnings. It's useless for you to give the probability against it happening when there is a chance. Someday you'll figure out lottery players are playing for the "1" chance even if it is 1 in 175 million.

Your pick-3 simulation is based on multiple fictional players winning multiple times, IE 19 times in five years just to show a profit. With a $5 limit on every drawing, a real player could win only 4 times and show the same profit. Do you think if your Old Uncle Craig had his picture taken 30 times holding a giant check in the amount of $500 each time, he would get more inquires about his methods or would someone like Keith Price holding 9 giant checks in various amounts from $1000 to $8000?

"It's useless for you to give the probability against it happening when there is a chance."

LOL.  Really?  If I knew you, and if it was legal, I'd give you 749 to 1 against you for any Pick 3 straight number anyday.  Hell, I'd even give you 799 to 1.  There's always a chance, you know?  (That's right, I don't care what method you use.  I'd still lay you better than the states do if it was legal, which I'm fairly certain it is NOT.)

Of course it matter WHAT the probability is.  Obviously most people playing the lottery know the odds against them, but many don't seem to understand the implications of the odds, or even the odds themselves.  If you believe that there is any methodology you can utilize to improve your odds, then you DON'T understand the odds, you just understand that there is a chance.

Since you apparently only care that there is a chance, would you take that gamble?  Would you play the Pick 3 every day for 20 years knowing that the odds against you being ahead or something ridiculous like just a couple percent?  And that if you are ahead, it's likely by a very small amount?

I understand WHY people play jackpot games.  That's different.  They aren't good bets, but they are the only bets that pay out so much for so little risk.  The Pick 3, however, offers virtually no chance of striking it rich.  The only chance you'll have of that is if you wager huge, and it's a terrible, terrible, terrible bet.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: April 30, 2013, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

"It's useless for you to give the probability against it happening when there is a chance."

LOL.  Really?  If I knew you, and if it was legal, I'd give you 749 to 1 against you for any Pick 3 straight number anyday.  Hell, I'd even give you 799 to 1.  There's always a chance, you know?  (That's right, I don't care what method you use.  I'd still lay you better than the states do if it was legal, which I'm fairly certain it is NOT.)

Of course it matter WHAT the probability is.  Obviously most people playing the lottery know the odds against them, but many don't seem to understand the implications of the odds, or even the odds themselves.  If you believe that there is any methodology you can utilize to improve your odds, then you DON'T understand the odds, you just understand that there is a chance.

Since you apparently only care that there is a chance, would you take that gamble?  Would you play the Pick 3 every day for 20 years knowing that the odds against you being ahead or something ridiculous like just a couple percent?  And that if you are ahead, it's likely by a very small amount?

I understand WHY people play jackpot games.  That's different.  They aren't good bets, but they are the only bets that pay out so much for so little risk.  The Pick 3, however, offers virtually no chance of striking it rich.  The only chance you'll have of that is if you wager huge, and it's a terrible, terrible, terrible bet.

People who employ the power of positive thinking are playing with improved odds.

United States
                              Member #138657
                              February 2, 2013
                              602 Posts
                              Posted: April 30, 2013, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie, just to prove your idea of positive thinking, I declare tonights mega ball to be "# 30 ". Someday, just someday, I want to be a lottery player like you......

Page 22 of 42