Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 26 of 42
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: May 2, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I see you like to make fun of people who post long replies.

Except for your buddy Stack.  It's totally not hypocritical to ignore that.

It's apparent that you're only here to stroke your ego, and I think it's quite sad, especially that you'd resort to just calling Kimmy an idiot.  How old are you, 6?  Seriously, grow up.

Cry me a river Boney......................Green laugh

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: May 2, 2013, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

If someone paid face value for a winning ticket, would it not be a zero profit situation?

Ronnie316 says, "If someone paid face value for a winning ticket, would it not be a zero profit situation?"

Actually, the purchaser would lose whatever taxes they would have to pay.  However, even if he/she had to pay as much as Governor Romney's rate of 15%, they would still be paying a much lower price than they would have to pay by buying enough tickets to WIN the same amount.  This would be closer to 50% PLUS whatever taxes they would owe on THAT!

The question to be answered is how many $Thousands does the scammer have to drop in taxes to be sure the returns on his book sales and/or number pick sales exceed that amount and make it all worth his while.   Smile

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: May 2, 2013, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Somebody recently conjectured that maybe he's advertising and buying winning tickets for cash.  He would have to absorb any tax increase he might experience but he might have a business that's structured in a way that this might not be a problem.  Doesn't this seem like a more plausible explanation for his [apparent] wins?  Who knows, maybe he's got a publisher ready to publish his "How To" book as soon as his reputation gets national attention.  Smile

No, it doesn't seem more plausible. And I'll tell you why.

Even If what you're proporting is possible, you'd still have to ask yourself a question, or two.

First question: Who are the people selling the winning tickets to Peter?

Second question: (This is the most important question), why do most of those winning tickets have the same amounts matching Steve Player's promotional pictures of checks on his website? The $4,160 amounts.

Obviously the person who's selling the winning tickets to Peter is only one, or maybe two people who are using Steve's system to win. So then we're stuck in asking how the person selling the tickets to Pete is raking in so much money every month.

And please don't tell me someone else is selling tickets to the guy who is selling tickets to Pete. Because then i'd ask who is selling tickets to the guy who is selling tickets to the guy who is selling tickets to peter. We'll be here all day.

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: May 2, 2013, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie316 says, "If someone paid face value for a winning ticket, would it not be a zero profit situation?"

Actually, the purchaser would lose whatever taxes they would have to pay.  However, even if he/she had to pay as much as Governor Romney's rate of 15%, they would still be paying a much lower price than they would have to pay by buying enough tickets to WIN the same amount.  This would be closer to 50% PLUS whatever taxes they would owe on THAT!

The question to be answered is how many $Thousands does the scammer have to drop in taxes to be sure the returns on his book sales and/or number pick sales exceed that amount and make it all worth his while.   Smile

OnlyMoney,

"First question: Who are the people selling the winning tickets to Peter?"

They are probably people who don't want others to know they have won, for various reasons.  I'm sure you can think of at least one.  Besides, it makes no difference.

"Second question: (This is the most important question), why do most of those winning tickets have the same amounts matching Steve Player's promotional pictures of checks on his website? The $4,160 amounts."

Why not?  Smile

"Obviously the person who's selling the winning tickets to Peter is only one, or maybe two people who are using Steve's system to win."

"Obviously?"  Your logic is flawed; the facts don't force the conclusions you are drawing.  Contemplate for a minute.  Can't you think of reasonable alternative answers to your questions?

I'm sorry OnlyMoney, but I think you need so strongly to believe that somehow these people have figured out a way to profit systematically from Pick-3 & Pick-4 games that you will grasp at any and every straw you can see to reject my suggestions.

Has it ever occured to you that "Steve Player" could be at the center of the whole scam?

Can you think of a cheaper way to get publicity for your products?

--Jimmy4164

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: May 2, 2013, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

OnlyMoney,

They are probably people who don't want others to know they have won, for various reasons.  I'm sure you can think of at least one.  Besides, it makes no difference.

"Second question: (This is the most important question), why do most of those winning tickets have the same amounts matching Steve Player's promotional pictures of checks on his website? The $4,160 amounts."

Why not?  Smile

"Obviously the person who's selling the winning tickets to Peter is only one, or maybe two people who are using Steve's system to win."

"Obviously?"  Your logic is flawed; the facts don't force the conclusions you are drawing.  Contemplate for a minute.  Can't you think of reasonable alternative answers to your questions?

I'm sorry OnlyMoney, but I think you need so strongly to believe that somehow these people have figured out a way to profit systematically from Pick-3 & Pick-4 games that you will grasp at any and every straw you can see to reject my suggestions.

Has it ever occured to you that "Steve Player" could be at the center of the whole scam?

--Jimmy4164

First of all, I wasn't the one grasping for straws. You are the one that came up with this crazy scheme of some guy selling Pete tickets, So Pete can sell his book Five plus years later. Why would someone wait five years or more before proving themselves? Surely after the first year would be enough proof his system works. You're the one scraping the bottom of the barrel.

What publicity? If it wasn't for me to point this out, probably no one would even see the connections. So you're telling me Steve and peter have been waiting 5 years now, in the hopes of someone like me to come along and see the parallels, just so Steve can get publicity, and Peter to sell some book five years later. Yeah, that sounds like a successful plan to me. With the majority who have seen this being skeptics, with the exception of one person Stack, and maybe a few others who aren't weighing in on the subject, Steve and Pete may have to find another way to peddle their systems and books. Because If they believe this method is the best marketing plan, then they are truly idiots. Five years of shadowy behavior involving hundreds of thousands in transactions just to sell a handful of systems and books doesn't seem like a viable marketing ploy to me.

Like I said to another person here on LP. Just because you, I and the masses haven't figured it out does not mean the system doesn't exist.For anyone to think they've got it all figured out, only shows their ignorance, denial, and/or jealousy. And believe me, you wouldn't be the first person I've encountered with those attributes.

The math and probablity that you use to determine whether someone can make money regularly, isn't the best way in my opinion. Like I stated before, your simulations can't possibly account for every type of strategy in existence. There are too many variables including intuition, strategy, betting structure, betting scheduling, progressive wagering, system types, inside information, and on and on and on.

For you to say that you've come to the conclusion based on some computer algorithm's simulation is not only irresponsible, but silly at best. Are you sure you're not a Vulcan? Green laugh

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: May 2, 2013, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Obviously the person who's selling the winning tickets to Peter is only one, or maybe two people who are using Steve's system to win. So then we're stuck in asking how the person selling the tickets to Pete is raking in so much money every month.

Maybe Peter is selling tickets to pay Paul?Disapprove

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: May 2, 2013, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

First of all, I wasn't the one grasping for straws. You are the one that came up with this crazy scheme of some guy selling Pete tickets, So Pete can sell his book Five plus years later. Why would someone wait five years or more before proving themselves? Surely after the first year would be enough proof his system works. You're the one scraping the bottom of the barrel.

What publicity? If it wasn't for me to point this out, probably no one would even see the connections. So you're telling me Steve and peter have been waiting 5 years now, in the hopes of someone like me to come along and see the parallels, just so Steve can get publicity, and Peter to sell some book five years later. Yeah, that sounds like a successful plan to me. With the majority who have seen this being skeptics, with the exception of one person Stack, and maybe a few others who aren't weighing in on the subject, Steve and Pete may have to find another way to peddle their systems and books. Because If they believe this method is the best marketing plan, then they are truly idiots. Five years of shadowy behavior involving hundreds of thousands in transactions just to sell a handful of systems and books doesn't seem like a viable marketing ploy to me.

Like I said to another person here on LP. Just because you, I and the masses haven't figured it out does not mean the system doesn't exist.For anyone to think they've got it all figured out, only shows their ignorance, denial, and/or jealousy. And believe me, you wouldn't be the first person I've encountered with those attributes.

The math and probablity that you use to determine whether someone can make money regularly, isn't the best way in my opinion. Like I stated before, your simulations can't possibly account for every type of strategy in existence. There are too many variables including intuition, strategy, betting structure, betting scheduling, progressive wagering, system types, inside information, and on and on and on.

For you to say that you've come to the conclusion based on some computer algorithm's simulation is not only irresponsible, but silly at best. Are you sure you're not a Vulcan? Green laugh

OnlyMoney,

"Like I said to another person here on LP. Just because you, I and the masses haven't figured it out does not mean the system doesn't exist."

Dream on!

http://www.steveplayer.com/

"Over the last 26 years, the MASTER NUMBERS MAN has personally won numerous Pick-5 and Pick-6 LOTTO JACKPOTS and has cashed in thousands of Pick-3 and Pick-4 winners all around the country."

"YOU TOO CAN BE A WINNER - Let Steve Player show you how!!!"

If you believe Steve Player knows something about lotteries that Richard Arnold Epstein, Don Catlin, and the WizardOfOdds do not, be my guest, ignore their books and articles and sign up with Steve!

--Jimmy4164

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: May 2, 2013, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Maybe Peter is selling tickets to pay Paul?Disapprove

So Mary can buy that confounded hammer.

Green laugh

If I only had a hammer. Smash

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: May 2, 2013, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

OnlyMoney,

"Like I said to another person here on LP. Just because you, I and the masses haven't figured it out does not mean the system doesn't exist."

Dream on!

http://www.steveplayer.com/

"Over the last 26 years, the MASTER NUMBERS MAN has personally won numerous Pick-5 and Pick-6 LOTTO JACKPOTS and has cashed in thousands of Pick-3 and Pick-4 winners all around the country."

"YOU TOO CAN BE A WINNER - Let Steve Player show you how!!!"

If you believe Steve Player knows something about lotteries that Richard Arnold Epstein, Don Catlin, and the WizardOfOdds do not, be my guest, ignore their books and articles and sign up with Steve!

--Jimmy4164

I'm assuming you either don't bother reading what I write, or skip over some of it. Go back to the earlier pages and see that I have bought a couple of his systems in the past and they were garbage. But a red flag does go up when I see someone in NH winning so much money every month using Steve's system.

And of course, you cleverly avoid addressing the issue at hand. Instead of telling me why you think you have it all figured out, you come back with a cheap Steve Player tactic.

Jimmy, you must be a genius!

I've always wanted to shake the hand of a person who knows everything about everything. Maybe one day we can meet so I can get your autograph. I'm surprised you haven't won multiple Nobel prizes.

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: May 2, 2013, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

I'm assuming you either don't bother reading what I write, or skip over some of it. Go back to the earlier pages and see that I have bought a couple of his systems in the past and they were garbage. But a red flag does go up when I see someone in NH winning so much money every month using Steve's system.

And of course, you cleverly avoid addressing the issue at hand. Instead of telling me why you think you have it all figured out, you come back with a cheap Steve Player tactic.

Jimmy, you must be a genius!

I've always wanted to shake the hand of a person who knows everything about everything. Maybe one day we can meet so I can get your autograph. I'm surprised you haven't won multiple Nobel prizes.

I forgot to add, you probably also haven't read what I wrote earlier about this too, or simply ignored it. I said It was possible Pete was modifying Steve's numbers to win so much, so often. I wasn't putting so much emphasis on Steve's system in particular, but how Pete may be tweaking the numbers.

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: May 2, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

OnlyMoney,

Why not?  Smile

--Jimmy4164

OnlyMoney,

I've given you plenty of food for thought to fathom how these people could be scamming you.

If you'd rather believe they can defy the basic math of the lottery, it's your choice.

I rest my case.

--Jimmy4164

United States
                        Member #128790
                        June 2, 2012
                        5431 Posts
                        Posted: May 2, 2013, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

OnlyMoney,

I've given you plenty of food for thought to fathom how these people could be scamming you.

If you'd rather believe they can defy the basic math of the lottery, it's your choice.

I rest my case.

--Jimmy4164

And I've given you plenty of reasons why your theories are rediculous.

To declare that you're 100% positive there is no way for Peter to beat the system based on some vague computer simulation program is much harder to believe.

So when do you think Peter St. Pierre's "How to" Lottery book will be sold? Since he's been waiting five years now, maybe he'll wait another 10 years before he decides to write a book. Afterall, that's what the majority of system sellers do when they want to sell a book. They wait for decades hoping one or two people will scour through some state's lottery site, put two and two together and buy a few copies of their book. You're right Jimmy, that sounds much more plausible. Crazy

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7302 Posts
                          Posted: May 2, 2013, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

"How many rolls on a Craps table the average player should see in a lifetime doesn't even come close to answering can anyone make an income from lottery winnings."

Then maybe you shouldn't mention it and then chastize me for exposing a hole in your logic.

"Millions of people play the pick-3 every day and the lotteries payout millions in prizes. How can you logically believe not one player can make a steady income?"

First of all, I never said that nobody is ahead, just that a vast majority of people are behind.  And nobody is making steady income, because the game - by definition - is not steady.

But yeah keep putting words in my mouth. You're basically arguing with yourself at this point, because everytime you counter me, you're countering something I never said.

"Then maybe you shouldn't mention it and then chastize me for exposing a hole in your logic."

I don't see the point of estimating how many sessions and rolls the average Craps player sees in a life time because their next session is a new event. I didn't start making making Field bets and chase the "2" and "12" because once out of 100 sessions I rolled those number in succession and watched someone make a huge score.

Craps was and always will be about the timing regardless of how many rolls one sees.

"And nobody is making steady income, because the game - by definition - is not steady."

A steady income means just that; like a job and collect a paycheck every week. We haven't really discussed how someone could do it, but there are players that are consistently winning much more than the average.

"But yeah keep putting words in my mouth."

I didn't put words in your mouth when you said would give me 799 to 1 odds on any pick-3 number. You're always talking about how bad the odds are and I simply asked why anyone would risk $799 to win a buck?

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7302 Posts
                            Posted: May 2, 2013, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

And I've given you plenty of reasons why your theories are rediculous.

To declare that you're 100% positive there is no way for Peter to beat the system based on some vague computer simulation program is much harder to believe.

So when do you think Peter St. Pierre's "How to" Lottery book will be sold? Since he's been waiting five years now, maybe he'll wait another 10 years before he decides to write a book. Afterall, that's what the majority of system sellers do when they want to sell a book. They wait for decades hoping one or two people will scour through some state's lottery site, put two and two together and buy a few copies of their book. You're right Jimmy, that sounds much more plausible. Crazy

Jimmy calls himself a "critical thinker" and then he conjures up a fairy tale about St. Pierre.

LOL

United States
                              Member #128790
                              June 2, 2012
                              5431 Posts
                              Posted: May 2, 2013, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy calls himself a "critical thinker" and then he conjures up a fairy tale about St. Pierre.

LOL

A children's fairy tale is more believable than what poor Peter St. Pierre, according to Jimmy, has to put himself through to sell a book some five or ten years later.

I'm really hoping Peter is seeing this. He must pissing himself while sitting poolside perusing his online bank account balance. Green laugh

Page 26 of 42