Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 30 of 42
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Einstein often spoke metaphorically, and you clearly missed it.

He also talked about how it's impossible for anyone to win at roulette without stealing from the croupier.... and he had a point there.

LMAO, though.  This is established fact, so unless someone disproves it, then I'll accept it as fact.  And understanding and utilizing math has seemed to work out for me in gambling, so I'll keep with what works.

And what did I miss? He was a mathematical genius and this was part of his intelectual genius. He was simply stating something the average human overlooked.

What he wrote was a fact, but people take their world around them for granted. He was a critical thinker who saw the universe in a much deeper way and that's why he was Einstein. Duh !!

Metaphorical, HA, what a joke !

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #99032
    October 18, 2010
    1439 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

"I willing to bet you're the type of person who will argue even If someone proved you wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt."

That's actually not true at all.  I used to believe what you do, until I was proven wrong and showed WHY I was wrong.  I'm willing to bet if I linked you to the math, you wouldn't believe it despite it being true.

"So because in your studies most of them don't work, it means the rest of them don't work either huh?"

There is no study needed to understand this concept, although people have done them anyway to try to prove it (and other people just use excuses to justify their gambling, no suprise there.) 

It's a simple forumla.  House Edge * Bet = Expected Loss.  Changing the bet size ONLY changes the Expected Loss, not the house edge.  It's simple Arithmetic, past finding what the forumula is.  PERIOD.  If the Formula is AB=C, changing B will only change C, not A.  That's why betting systems don't change the edge.  They do, however, change risk.

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #99032
      October 18, 2010
      1439 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2013, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Einstein was a smart guy, but he was also a fun loving jokerster and liked to talk philosophically.  And don't act like Einstein was always right, him saying something didn't make it fact.  In fact, a lot of his work has been proven wrong, it's simply because a lot of his other work was ground breaking that we consider him so important.

Don't take yourself so seriously.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2013, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

"I bet you're in your 20's, cause they've been known to know everything. Find that study on the internet, i bet that study proves me correct."

And I bet you're a pretty old guy whose gambled for a very long time, and thinks that he knows a lot about it simply because he's participated for so long.  Yeah, we can all steroetype, but the difference between me and you is who is going to end up ahead after 30 years of gambling.  One of us utilizes math, the other superstition.  And it's ok not to know the math, if you simply do these things for fun.  But if you seriously want to get into "is it profitable" then all there is is math. And it's very solid and clear.  In fact, I'm not even good at math and I understand it.  Because it's really not all that complex at all.

No, I don't know a lot, but one thing I know for sure, is that you're wet behind the ears, and there is no freaking way you can be 100% sure there isn't a system out there that works on a regular basis, couple with the right strategy and betting.

One thing I've learned in all these years is NEVER say NEVER. That you can bank on.

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2013, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Einstein was a smart guy, but he was also a fun loving jokerster and liked to talk philosophically.  And don't act like Einstein was always right, him saying something didn't make it fact.  In fact, a lot of his work has been proven wrong, it's simply because a lot of his other work was ground breaking that we consider him so important.

Don't take yourself so seriously.

Oh now he's a comedian too.

Boney, you must be a troll, because I don't believe anyone can be as ignorant and stupid at the same time.

I can't respond to you anymore. It's like talking to a 5 year old about Quantum Physics.

Good luck with your thinking.

If you really believe you know all there is out there, then you're either mentally insane, or just a troll. I'm going with the latter.

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #99032
            October 18, 2010
            1439 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2013, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

People who never say never are people who have no back bone.

People who rarely say never are probably more accurate, since certain things are actually impossible.  I've studying gambling math long enough to know what I'm talking about in terms of edge and risk management, and all that good stuff.  Is there still a lot to learn?  Yeah.  But I've done the basics, and I am confident enough to say this - a betting system alone will never change the edge of a game being played.  There may be other factors which do so, but the amount of money wagered has no affect on the edge of a game, and NEVER will.

Just like I'll never jump a thousand feet, because that's impossible.  Somethings will never happen and it's a fairy tale to believe you can make them reality.

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #99032
              October 18, 2010
              1439 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2013, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Oh now he's a comedian too.

Boney, you must be a troll, because I don't believe anyone can be as ignorant and stupid at the same time.

I can't respond to you anymore. It's like talking to a 5 year old about Quantum Physics.

Good luck with your thinking.

If you really believe you know all there is out there, then you're either mentally insane, or just a troll. I'm going with the latter.

LMAO your ridiculous.

I say "I know this math, this is why you're wrong"

You respond "You must be a troll to claim your know everything in the world, your stupid.  Let me quote Einstein and ignore your math so I can look smart."

Good Luck with your inability to think logically!

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2013, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

LMAO your ridiculous.

I say "I know this math, this is why you're wrong"

You respond "You must be a troll to claim your know everything in the world, your stupid.  Let me quote Einstein and ignore your math so I can look smart."

Good Luck with your inability to think logically!

Well put.

If these people really believed what they claim about systems, they would be spending every waking minute fine tuning their systems, rather than wasting their time trying to discredit those who present the math which proves them wrong.  Once they perfected their systems, they could tour the country, staying in the best hotels, buying their self picks in a different state every day.  Smile

But they won't.  Because they can't.

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2013, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Well put.

If these people really believed what they claim about systems, they would be spending every waking minute fine tuning their systems, rather than wasting their time trying to discredit those who present the math which proves them wrong.  Once they perfected their systems, they could tour the country, staying in the best hotels, buying their self picks in a different state every day.  Smile

You miss the point. I said there's no way anyone can be 100% positive that there aren't a handful of people who already found a way.

I actually showed someone called Peter St. Pierre who is doing just that, but your ego, just like bonehead can't fathom the idea. Instead, you come up with some radical idea about a book selling ploy that makes no sense.

keep digging the bottom of the barrel for an answer as to why Peter is raking in thousands evey month for five years. I'm sure eventually your creativity and and diligence will come up with something convincing. Take your time conjuring up ideas about how he's doing it. No rush. Given enough time, you'll think of something. At least this time, try to make it a little more believable, will ya? Green laugh

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7297 Posts
                    Posted: May 4, 2013, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

"but you don't seem to understand betting strategies and money managment"

Since I've spent extensive time covering and studying this I'll just say LOL.

There is no betting strategy that will overcome turn a negative expectation game into a positive one.  Period.  I feel I shouldn't go any further, since you won't understand that sentence you'll just go on a tangent about some betting strategy which doesn't work anyway.

"Since I've spent extensive time covering and studying this I'll just say LOL."

It looks like you know how to calculate probabilities and it also looks like you don't understand the definition of the word.

"the ratio of the number of outcomes in an exhaustive set of equally likely outcomes that produce a given event to the total number of possible outcomes (2)   : the chance that a given event will occur."

"There is no betting strategy that will overcome turn a negative expectation game into a positive one."

How profound!!!

THAT's ALL, FOLKS, according to Boney526 it's impossible to win playing lottery games because there is a house edge forcing LP to be shut down.

"I feel I shouldn't go any further, since you won't understand that sentence"

I understand it, but you can't prove "There is no betting strategy".

"you'll just go on a tangent about some betting strategy which doesn't work anyway."

Don't be stupid, we proved the strategy of using Keith Price's six picks produced a 500 to 1 winner in 14 drawings. Ronnie successfully proved his strategy of picking 28 numbers plus the bonus number produced a 175 million to 1 winner too.

Where is your proof?

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7297 Posts
                      Posted: May 4, 2013, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Well put.

"If these people really believed what they claim about systems, they would be spending every waking minute fine tuning their systems, rather than wasting their time trying to discredit those who present the math which proves them wrong."

When did you prove there is no strategy that can produce an income from lottery winnings?

You actually prove it's possible to bet $5 on five pick-3 QPs every drawing for five years and show a nice profit. You really need to find someone to help you with your Delusions of Grandeur.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7297 Posts
                        Posted: May 4, 2013, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

You miss the point. I said there's no way anyone can be 100% positive that there aren't a handful of people who already found a way.

I actually showed someone called Peter St. Pierre who is doing just that, but your ego, just like bonehead can't fathom the idea. Instead, you come up with some radical idea about a book selling ploy that makes no sense.

keep digging the bottom of the barrel for an answer as to why Peter is raking in thousands evey month for five years. I'm sure eventually your creativity and and diligence will come up with something convincing. Take your time conjuring up ideas about how he's doing it. No rush. Given enough time, you'll think of something. At least this time, try to make it a little more believable, will ya? Green laugh

Jimmy did prove there are people selling "how to win the lottery" books and software. I'm pretty sure over 95% of lottery players knew there are lottery books and software for sale, but he just wanted to refresh our memories.

"Instead, you come up with some radical idea about a book selling ploy that makes no sense."

Does he ever make any sense and has he told you anything about lottery games you didn't know?

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: May 4, 2013, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy did prove there are people selling "how to win the lottery" books and software. I'm pretty sure over 95% of lottery players knew there are lottery books and software for sale, but he just wanted to refresh our memories.

"Instead, you come up with some radical idea about a book selling ploy that makes no sense."

Does he ever make any sense and has he told you anything about lottery games you didn't know?

Jimmy proved there are system sellers out there?

What an accomplishment. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Big Grin

New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #99032
                            October 18, 2010
                            1439 Posts
                            Posted: May 5, 2013, 12:17 am - IP Logged

"Since I've spent extensive time covering and studying this I'll just say LOL."

It looks like you know how to calculate probabilities and it also looks like you don't understand the definition of the word.

"the ratio of the number of outcomes in an exhaustive set of equally likely outcomes that produce a given event to the total number of possible outcomes (2)   : the chance that a given event will occur."

"There is no betting strategy that will overcome turn a negative expectation game into a positive one."

How profound!!!

THAT's ALL, FOLKS, according to Boney526 it's impossible to win playing lottery games because there is a house edge forcing LP to be shut down.

"I feel I shouldn't go any further, since you won't understand that sentence"

I understand it, but you can't prove "There is no betting strategy".

"you'll just go on a tangent about some betting strategy which doesn't work anyway."

Don't be stupid, we proved the strategy of using Keith Price's six picks produced a 500 to 1 winner in 14 drawings. Ronnie successfully proved his strategy of picking 28 numbers plus the bonus number produced a 175 million to 1 winner too.

Where is your proof?

"I understand it, but you can't prove "There is no betting strategy"."

It has been proven that no betting system outperforms the house edge...  It's not my fault if you ignore that.  I don't have to prove something that's accepted by the entire industry and community that's studied the math.  In other words - I'm not the one making a contradictory claim to what has been established, so I don't have to prove it (it's already been proven.)

"according to Boney526 it's impossible to win playing lottery games"

Well I never said that, although I did say it's impossible to overcome the edge.

Everything else you said is mathemetically nonsense so I won't respond.  I'm just showing you with how you are flawed in your thinking on these two statements....  The first is wrong, because it has been proven, and the second is wrong because I never said that.

New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #99032
                              October 18, 2010
                              1439 Posts
                              Posted: May 5, 2013, 12:19 am - IP Logged

There are many ways to do that.

The most likely is that he just gambles a lot of money on it, and you aren't seeing his losses.  There's one independently wealthy guy at my local convenient store who regularly spends 100s on the Pick 3 on a single draw.  I'm sure he's had some days where he's won big, too.  Although I'm also sure there's many more days where he loses big.

Page 30 of 42