Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 20 of 42
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7344 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2013, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

When did anyone suggest that they are in cahoots with the State of NH's lottery?

It's a really simple scam.  He can just omit all of his losing tickets, and then show the winners.  Based on that, enough people will fall for the trick to just start paying him for picks.

He's making money off of desperate lottery players, he's not making money off of the lottery.

"When did anyone suggest that they are in cahoots with the State of NH's lottery? "

Jimmy said "Steve Player, Keith Price, Peter St.Pierre, and those collecting fees to read about them, are the only ones making a consistent and reliable income from these picks." and we learned about their wins from the state lottery websites. I noticed Keith Price over a year ago because of the large number of wins and thought it was strange cashing pick-3 winning tickets at the KY Lottery headquarters.

It's a fact all three have won lots of money in their state lotteries, but we're reading about them on state lottery websites. If they are collecting fees as Jimmy suggested, the fees must be coming those state lotteries.

"It's a really simple scam."

When did it become a scam for any state lottery to show the names and pictures of large prizes winners?

"He can just omit all of his losing tickets, and then show the winners."

Why would a state lottery post pictures and the amounts lost by other players or losses by their large prize winners?

"Based on that, enough people will fall for the trick to just start paying him for picks."

Do you have any evidence of any state lottery is promoting picks made by past large prize winners? 

"He's making money off of desperate lottery players, he's not making money off of the lottery."

That's a really neat trick winning thousands of dollars in prizes, having your state lottery publish your name, picture, and the amount of winnings. Basically you're saying players are desperate because they read where a few players were consistently winning and believe it's possible those winning streaks will continue. Ronnie probably Googled Keith Price and found his website and paid four whole quarters for Price's pick-3 picks.

There are thousands of member posting predictions every day on LP, do you believe any member playing those picks are getting scammed too when those picks fail to win?

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #99032
    October 18, 2010
    1439 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2013, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

"It's a fact all three have won lots of money in their state lotteries, but we're reading about them on state lottery websites. If they are collecting fees as Jimmy suggested, the fees must be coming those state lotteries."

But it's not a fact that they are winners, it's a fact that they had big winning days.  I'm not gonna bother looking at their web pages, I just doubt that they talk about the days where they lose hundreds or thousands of dollars.  And every REAL professional gambler can talk about days where they lost big money.  It just happens.  If they seem like they are trying to mislead you into believing you can win big money easily, then they are probably lying.  If it's too good to be true, it's usually not true.  They are collecting fees from those who buy picks from them.

"When did it become a scam for any state lottery to show the names and pictures of large prizes winners?"

It's not, I never suggested that any state lottery was involved.  I said that it's a scam for people to try to sell lottery predictions while implying that you have a probability defying system.  Maybe that's the wrong word, since from what I've seen - the sites have disclaimers, but as far as I'm concerned the disclaimers should read "buying picks from me is a waste of your money."

"Do you have any evidence of any state lottery is promoting picks made by past large prize winners? "

Nope, but I also never made that claim.

"There are thousands of member posting predictions every day on LP, do you believe any member playing those picks are getting scammed too when those picks fail to win?"

If they were selling their predicitons, yes, I'd basically call it a scam.  I suppose scam isn't actually the right word, b/c nobody is actually lying to you - but if you pay people for their Pick 3 predictions... you'r getting ripped off.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2013, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

My guess is that Kieth plays 1000s of lines but only gives out a few for sale. I could do the same thing here in AZ if I had a printer to make the play slips for me. Playing a 1000 .50cent lines would only cost $500. and eventually the lottery site would be plastered with my photo. lol. I think its funny that he charges a dollar and gives out 5 lines and zero information about how he himself plays. Chalk one up for Inspector Boney.

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #99032
        October 18, 2010
        1439 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2013, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Why is it people feel compelled to believe someone out there hasn't figured it all out?

Just because the majority haven't figured it out DOES NOT mean a system that works on a realtively consistent basis doesn't exist.

Now most of us are aware that ostriches don't bury their heads in the sand when threatened, but the myth states this because the ostrich actually believes by burying it's head, he can't see anything, therefore the predator can't see him either. As silly as this may be, a lot of people do act this way in real life with lottery and other subjects. They believe that since they haven't seen a system, therefore it doesn't exist.

I forget what exact date it was, but it was around the 1920's when one man actually wanted to rally in order to close down the Patent office. He claimed that everything that could ever be invented has already been invented, so there was no need for a patent office anymore.

Crazy

"Why is it people feel compelled to believe someone out there hasn't figured it all out?"

Because, if I could beat a game such as the Pick 3, and knew that the math was solid, I could make so many millions with so little effort that I KNOW nobody is doing it.  The word would get out, and the lottery would close down.

Seriously.  If I could pick numbers in such a way that gave me an edge, even just a 25% edge, I could easily crush the state lottery for millions.  There are simple bankroll management strategies which would assure that I would never go through a losing streak long enough to break me, but they only work IF I have an edge.

And because the math is so simple, I am positive that anyone who could ACTUALLY gain an edge would beat the state for not just thousands, but millions.

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

"Why is it people feel compelled to believe someone out there hasn't figured it all out?"

Because, if I could beat a game such as the Pick 3, and knew that the math was solid, I could make so many millions with so little effort that I KNOW nobody is doing it.  The word would get out, and the lottery would close down.

Seriously.  If I could pick numbers in such a way that gave me an edge, even just a 25% edge, I could easily crush the state lottery for millions.  There are simple bankroll management strategies which would assure that I would never go through a losing streak long enough to break me, but they only work IF I have an edge.

And because the math is so simple, I am positive that anyone who could ACTUALLY gain an edge would beat the state for not just thousands, but millions.

First, you never answered my question about how Peter is making money selling his picks. I haven't seen any systems by him.

Second, that's why i said "relatively" winning on a regular basis. No one can predict everytime, but it's very possible that someone like Peter is using Steve's system in his own way, modifying it to win "relatively" consistently If you have a big enough of a bankroll.

Just because you don't think it's possible doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Bottom line is, no one has yet explained to me how Peter is winning so much money for about 5  years now. And, if he's losing more than he's winning just to sell numbers, where's the site where he's selling his numbers?

STORM's avatar - Rean
            Ga Fl Sc Nc All States 819* 290 160** 1958 Ryde!
            United States
            Member #57922
            January 23, 2008
            9315 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Interesting read... I Do agree with CARBOB, no one in their right mind will come on here and disclose that type of info!!

I'm Expecting God to Do BIG Things.. 

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2013, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Boney, even If he's selling numbers, which no one knows where, it wouldn't be such a great plan because no one knows where he's selling them. lol

This theory makes absolutely no sense.

Ok, I'm Peter, I spend 40 thousand a month and win 25 grand, so the public will only see my winnings on the NH lottery site just to trick people into thinking i have a great system, so I can sell numbers to them.

Then i have to spend even more money on an advertising campaign so the masses can see what I'm doing in order to buy my numbers.

Do you realize how many sets of numbers he'd have to sell to recoup his losses? First he has to recoup whatever thousands a month he loses in the P-4, then the cost of advertising.

Crazy

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: April 27, 2013, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

We both know I wasn't implying the NH lottery was involved in a scam, and I'm sure Stack47 knows that too.  State lotteries sell tickets, they don't collect fees to monitor discussion groups.

OnlyMoney's query, "Why is it people feel compelled to believe someone out there hasn't figured it all out?" is answered quite well in the book cited in my Signature below. It should be in his local library.

It's a sad commentary on the human condition that there are smart people out there willing to use their talents to take advantage of those less talented.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2013, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

We both know I wasn't implying the NH lottery was involved in a scam, and I'm sure Stack47 knows that too.  State lotteries sell tickets, they don't collect fees to monitor discussion groups.

OnlyMoney's query, "Why is it people feel compelled to believe someone out there hasn't figured it all out?" is answered quite well in the book cited in my Signature below. It should be in his local library.

It's a sad commentary on the human condition that there are smart people out there willing to use their talents to take advantage of those less talented.

What (and how) would you know anything about "the human condition" Jammy?

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2013, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy, no one to date has satisfactorily explained to me how Peter is raking in thousands a month in NH. The only explanation stating that he's selling numbers has been blown out of the water in my previous post. So if that's not the case, Peter must be using Steve's sytem or modifying it.

No one in their right mind would spend thousands of dollars a month, month after month, year after year just to look good on the NH website.

And my investigation shows that Peter began winning just about the same time Steve introduced his system on his site. I don't think that's a coincidence. His winning were meager at first, but soon after, Peter's winnings started to increase exponentially, and then plateaued to about 10 to 13 grand a month. Some very good months and some months, especially during the summer months which there no wins at all. I'm guessing he was on vacation during those summer months enjoying the fruits of his labor.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7344 Posts
                      Posted: April 28, 2013, 1:01 am - IP Logged

"It's a fact all three have won lots of money in their state lotteries, but we're reading about them on state lottery websites. If they are collecting fees as Jimmy suggested, the fees must be coming those state lotteries."

But it's not a fact that they are winners, it's a fact that they had big winning days.  I'm not gonna bother looking at their web pages, I just doubt that they talk about the days where they lose hundreds or thousands of dollars.  And every REAL professional gambler can talk about days where they lost big money.  It just happens.  If they seem like they are trying to mislead you into believing you can win big money easily, then they are probably lying.  If it's too good to be true, it's usually not true.  They are collecting fees from those who buy picks from them.

"When did it become a scam for any state lottery to show the names and pictures of large prizes winners?"

It's not, I never suggested that any state lottery was involved.  I said that it's a scam for people to try to sell lottery predictions while implying that you have a probability defying system.  Maybe that's the wrong word, since from what I've seen - the sites have disclaimers, but as far as I'm concerned the disclaimers should read "buying picks from me is a waste of your money."

"Do you have any evidence of any state lottery is promoting picks made by past large prize winners? "

Nope, but I also never made that claim.

"There are thousands of member posting predictions every day on LP, do you believe any member playing those picks are getting scammed too when those picks fail to win?"

If they were selling their predicitons, yes, I'd basically call it a scam.  I suppose scam isn't actually the right word, b/c nobody is actually lying to you - but if you pay people for their Pick 3 predictions... you'r getting ripped off.

"They are collecting fees from those who buy picks from them."

Ever hear of a dream book, the lottery bible, or any of the thousands of pamphlets found in stores all across the country selling lottery tickets?

The only thing I knew about Keith Price two days ago was that he had won several times playing pick-3 because the KY site shows pictures of players who won various games.

"I said that it's a scam for people to try to sell lottery predictions while implying that you have a probability defying system."

Ronnie found Price's website where people can get five or six picks for a buck. It's a fact he won multiple times and your guess is as good as mine as to how much it cost him. You're making is sound like the guy is con-artist with no evidence than people are paying him a buck for his picks.

"I suppose scam isn't actually the right word, b/c nobody is actually lying to you - but if you pay people for their Pick 3 predictions... you'r getting ripped off."

People pay more than a buck for a nice dinner at a nice restaurant and remains are flushed down the toilet a few hours later. Do you have any proof Price or anyone else selling picks is guaranteeing a win for a buck?

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7344 Posts
                        Posted: April 28, 2013, 1:24 am - IP Logged

"Steve Player, Keith Price, Peter St.Pierre, and those collecting fees to read about them, are the only ones making a consistent and reliable income from these picks."

Which part of "we read about them on state lottery websites" don't you understand?

It's not about what you implied, but the fact you were again ignorant.

"We both know I wasn't implying the NH lottery was involved in a scam, and I'm sure Stack47 knows that too."

Then post link to a site where Peter St. Pierre is selling his picks or a system. At best OnlyMoney and me are talking about it's possible St. Pierre or Price is making an income from playing the lottery.

"It's a sad commentary on the human condition that there are smart people out there willing to use their talents to take advantage of those less talented."

You're wrong as usual because people are voluntarily buying picks and playing the numbers in their state lottery. It's no different than when a clerks ask "do you want a PB or MM ticket"; not one clerk has pointed a gun to my head and said "buy it or else".

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: April 28, 2013, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Jammy gets high on believing everyone else is stupid. (among other things)

New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #99032
                            October 18, 2010
                            1439 Posts
                            Posted: April 28, 2013, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Boney, even If he's selling numbers, which no one knows where, it wouldn't be such a great plan because no one knows where he's selling them. lol

This theory makes absolutely no sense.

Ok, I'm Peter, I spend 40 thousand a month and win 25 grand, so the public will only see my winnings on the NH lottery site just to trick people into thinking i have a great system, so I can sell numbers to them.

Then i have to spend even more money on an advertising campaign so the masses can see what I'm doing in order to buy my numbers.

Do you realize how many sets of numbers he'd have to sell to recoup his losses? First he has to recoup whatever thousands a month he loses in the P-4, then the cost of advertising.

Crazy

I mis-spoke, I was referring to the guy who is selling numbers for a buck.

New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #99032
                              October 18, 2010
                              1439 Posts
                              Posted: April 28, 2013, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

"They are collecting fees from those who buy picks from them."

Ever hear of a dream book, the lottery bible, or any of the thousands of pamphlets found in stores all across the country selling lottery tickets?

The only thing I knew about Keith Price two days ago was that he had won several times playing pick-3 because the KY site shows pictures of players who won various games.

"I said that it's a scam for people to try to sell lottery predictions while implying that you have a probability defying system."

Ronnie found Price's website where people can get five or six picks for a buck. It's a fact he won multiple times and your guess is as good as mine as to how much it cost him. You're making is sound like the guy is con-artist with no evidence than people are paying him a buck for his picks.

"I suppose scam isn't actually the right word, b/c nobody is actually lying to you - but if you pay people for their Pick 3 predictions... you'r getting ripped off."

People pay more than a buck for a nice dinner at a nice restaurant and remains are flushed down the toilet a few hours later. Do you have any proof Price or anyone else selling picks is guaranteeing a win for a buck?

"your guess is as good as mine as to how much it cost him."

For some reason I doubt that, although I see your point.  I don't actually know if he's overall won money playing the lotto.  I'd be willing to bet a decent chunk of change that he's behind overall, though.

"You're making is sound like the guy is con-artist with no evidence than people are paying him a buck for his picks."

Yep.  I compared it to a scam, although you'll notice that I said it isn't actually a scam b/c he isn't lying to you outight, but it is a rip off.

"Do you have any proof Price or anyone else selling picks is guaranteeing a win for a buck?"

Nope, b/c I admit he doesn't lie and say that.  His service is still a rip off, though.

Page 20 of 42