Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 42
PrintE-mailLink
MO
United States
Member #106928
February 27, 2011
925 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2013, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I know someone who wins regularly more than they invest.

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3502 Posts
    Posted: April 9, 2013, 11:59 am - IP Logged

is anyone gaining or making a steady income from playing the lottery.

Yes. Every person who has won a lotery prize and invested it is now making a steady income from playing the lottery. There are literally thousands of people who  have enough income that they've retired.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3112 Posts
      Posted: April 9, 2013, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Funny piece of info, story in the news yesterday the I R S is looking at social media for claims of big winnings, earnings, etc. to see if they can match the claims to tax returns.  Think about what you put out there.

BobP

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: April 9, 2013, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Yes. Every person who has won a lotery prize and invested it is now making a steady income from playing the lottery. There are literally thousands of people who  have enough income that they've retired.

Yes, and the people who dont even play the lottery tell else that they cant win.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2013, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Funny piece of info, story in the news yesterday the I R S is looking at social media for claims of big winnings, earnings, etc. to see if they can match the claims to tax returns.  Think about what you put out there.

BobP

Sounds like propaganda speak.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19895 Posts
            Posted: April 9, 2013, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

If they are doing it legally then they are paying taxes on it.  Legal or not, they aren't likely to disclose it publicly.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: April 9, 2013, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

If they are doing it legally then they are paying taxes on it.  Legal or not, they aren't likely to disclose it publicly.

I Agree! If they smart enough to win the lottery, they smart enough to keep they mouth shut.

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: April 9, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I'm good at losing money, lol... interesting thread tho, bump

Losing is a state of mind.

United States
                  Member #93947
                  July 10, 2010
                  2180 Posts
                  Posted: April 9, 2013, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Some people have lottery playing skills and some people dont. No Nod

How do you describe your lottery playing skills on your resume?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5143 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2013, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

great>>>>>>???????????????????????????UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU>>>>>>>RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR<<<"D" >MOLD>>!!

MOLD>>>>is great>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>grow'sssssssssssssss>>>"moe mole">>!!  moley>MOLD>>

WINN>LOSS>DRAW>?????????MO>>>>>>Mole'$$$$$

Lottery POST>>!!!!!MO>>>>>>WINN'$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>$$$$$$$

PartyDancePartyDancePartyDancePartyParty

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: April 10, 2013, 12:52 am - IP Logged

I know someone who wins regularly more than they invest.

Yes, but they ain't talkin'.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19895 Posts
                        Posted: April 10, 2013, 1:11 am - IP Logged

How do you describe your lottery playing skills on your resume?

People playing lotteries as a job are self employed and don't need a resume.  Who would hire them for that?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kola's avatar - image
                          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                          Member #28945
                          December 25, 2005
                          1532 Posts
                          Posted: April 10, 2013, 2:45 am - IP Logged

"I assume a few people are."

Given the random nature of the games and the fact that hundreds of millions of people play around the world, this is a reasonable conjecture.

"I think its good to be reminded of this, because it serves as inspiration that it can be done..."

However, alluding to the fallacy that it "can be done" is bogus.  You don't "do it."  It just happens.

I see you're continuing to do your part to keep hope alive that wins can be engineered.

Hello jimmy4164,

I appreciate your honest comments, and I'll respond because I want to plant a seed, and the seed is Doubt.

You mentioned that my sentiments are conjecture and bogus...There's a big wide world out there and yet you speak with so much certainty. Are you super sure of that which you speak? Really. Only because you haven't seen it all, none of us have, and yet you are so sure. I know, I know, the nature of randomness and such allows you to feel sure. I shared with you in JosephusMinimus' thread in the Mathematics Forum that the way we look at the "random" nature of the lottery games is valid in one aspect, but in the main it may be quite incomplete.

In that thread, I talked at length about how in each generation our ability to interpret our world  improves because we have newer tools of perception. Our technology, for example, gets more refined as time marches on and so does our ability to define what we see.  The telescope, microscope, calculus, and millions of other examples in all fields of learning attest to the fact , and yet you are so sure that the fictional book-on-the-lottery-games-and-how-they-can-be-won-and-a-steady-income-made has already been written and randomness is the theme. Can you accept that maybe there's something you don't know about it? Remember there's much you haven't seen, and so have no knowledge of. Don't be alarmed that because you don't know things about the lottery says something about the capacity of your intellect. It doesn't. You just simply don't know, and thats okay. But be careful. Author Wayne Dyer once said that "the highest form of ignorance is to reject something you don't know anything about". Don't be that person Jimmy. Be well...

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

Our 2nd class in Pick 3 Lore was Space-Timing The Next Draw and we found the Lottery LoreKeeper, Tatiana, staring through her telescope, while we covertly giggled about what does Planet X have to do with what my next draw is? The sleuthy sage quietly intoned, "It is known that when the light(information) from such a distant object reaches our eyes, we are seeing the object as it was in the past & not as it appears Now in the present. Isn't this true for all things, especially numbers, that were drawn years, months, weeks or even just a day in the past? To accurately find the next draw, use the Law of Now(Tatiana's Pillar)". We never giggled again.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                            Whiskey Island
                            United States
                            Member #90216
                            April 24, 2010
                            12808 Posts
                            Posted: April 10, 2013, 3:07 am - IP Logged

Hello jimmy4164,

I appreciate your honest comments, and I'll respond because I want to plant a seed, and the seed is Doubt.

You mentioned that my sentiments are conjecture and bogus...There's a big wide world out there and yet you speak with so much certainty. Are you super sure of that which you speak? Really. Only because you haven't seen it all, none of us have, and yet you are so sure. I know, I know, the nature of randomness and such allows you to feel sure. I shared with you in JosephusMinimus' thread in the Mathematics Forum that the way we look at the "random" nature of the lottery games is valid in one aspect, but in the main it may be quite incomplete.

In that thread, I talked at length about how in each generation our ability to interpret our world  improves because we have newer tools of perception. Our technology, for example, gets more refined as time marches on and so does our ability to define what we see.  The telescope, microscope, calculus, and millions of other examples in all fields of learning attest to the fact , and yet you are so sure that the fictional book-on-the-lottery-games-and-how-they-can-be-won-and-a-steady-income-made has already been written and randomness is the theme. Can you accept that maybe there's something you don't know about it? Remember there's much you haven't seen, and so have no knowledge of. Don't be alarmed that because you don't know things about the lottery says something about the capacity of your intellect. It doesn't. You just simply don't know, and thats okay. But be careful. Author Wayne Dyer once said that "the highest form of ignorance is to reject something you don't know anything about". Don't be that person Jimmy. Be well...

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

Hurray!

United States
                              Member #93947
                              July 10, 2010
                              2180 Posts
                              Posted: April 10, 2013, 10:15 am - IP Logged

"I assume a few people are."

Given the random nature of the games and the fact that hundreds of millions of people play around the world, this is a reasonable conjecture.

"I think its good to be reminded of this, because it serves as inspiration that it can be done..."

However, alluding to the fallacy that it "can be done" is bogus.  You don't "do it."  It just happens.

I see you're continuing to do your part to keep hope alive that wins can be engineered.

Kola,

In your response to my above quoted post, you said, "Hello jimmy4164, I appreciate your honest comments, and I'll respond because I want to plant a seed, and the seed is Doubt..."

Thank you for making my point - again.

--Jimmy4164

Page 3 of 42