Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 4 of 42
PrintE-mailLink
Kola's avatar - image
Blundering Time Traveler

United States
Member #28945
December 25, 2005
1528 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2013, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Hurray!

Thanks CajunWin4.

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2013, 11:12 am - IP Logged

How do you describe your lottery playing skills on your resume?

Are you also too dim witted to realize that I have no need of a resume?

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2013, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Kola,

In your response to my above quoted post, you said, "Hello jimmy4164, I appreciate your honest comments, and I'll respond because I want to plant a seed, and the seed is Doubt..."

Thank you for making my point - again.

--Jimmy4164

Jammy openly admits to his demonic ambitions of casting doubt on all who will listen.

Plant City, Florida
        United States
        Member #141300
        April 10, 2013
        1 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2013, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

is anyone gaining or making a steady income from playing the lottery.

The answer to your question might be, are you acquiring income from corporate activity by a gain or profit?Thumbs Up

Kola's avatar - image
          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
          Member #28945
          December 25, 2005
          1528 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2013, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

In your response to my above quoted post, you said, "Hello jimmy4164, I appreciate your honest comments, and I'll respond because I want to plant a seed, and the seed is Doubt..."

Thank you for making my point - again.

--Jimmy4164

Aw Jimmy. If I'm so bold to plant such a seed its with good reason. Go back and look at  the same JosephusMinimus thread in the Mathematics forum where I talked at length about how we look at numbers, and how we mainly look at their quantities and disregard their qualities...I also said that once upon a time, many did look at both sides to give them the whole picture of the thing being analyzed. You're only looking at only quantities, and so the ideas of the lotto and randomness, is flawed. Not wrong, but rather half-baked and incomplete.  My way of communicating may be frustrating to some, because its not always so straightforward, but I think people also learn by planting a few seeds that while serving to consciously enlighten a person, more importantly serves to resonate with some deeper intuitive understanding that will take you farther than even what the planter of the seed knows.   Thats the hope anyway, because I think people are usually born geniuses.  After all did we not inherit a very old wisdom and learning that has been passed down to us. We're inheritors of millions of years of planetary and evolutionary history. Some of it is symbolized and actualized by your DNA, among other places. All that energy, knowledge and wisdom - all that information is not inert, but waiting to be accessed. So begin to access more of it Jimmy, and learn to doubt your certainty about the lotto and randomness...I'd recommend you start with the "lowly"  Pick 3 and scale up from there. Being that you know what its like to believe the lottery is random, and know how this belief has worked for you, try an experiment that assumes there is high symmetry in the lottery and with this pattern you can make a steady income. It just may be that it may teach something you have no idea about.

Separately, I sort of do understand when people get the info they need from the LP or go on to use or develop a decent winning system, and never report to the LP again. But if I won millions playing the lotto, I likely would still click on my computer and come the LP to contribute, because like all things, the lottery is more than just about the potential for winning money which is well and good, but rather its an elegant footprint, a commentary on the nature of nature. This is what stirs my interest in the lottery, and fills me with delight at the poetry of it all. Good luck to you Jimmy

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: April 10, 2013, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

Your words are blue.

"Separately, I sort of do understand when people get the info they need from the LP or go on to use or develop a decent winning system, and never report to the LP again."

This is the prelude to your pitch, your subtle purpose in posting here.  (People "need" LP information and they develop winning systems.) Your attempts to camouflage your ulterior motives are missed by many, maybe even most, but not by all.

"Go back and look at  the same JosephusMinimus thread in the Mathematics forum where I talked at length about how we look at numbers, and how we mainly look at their quantities and disregard their qualities..."

I did that and became even more thankful, especially for our children, that people like you are rarely, if ever, in a position to teach them to doubt basic math and science, which helps them to function equitably, and safely, in the world that MOST of us are conscious of on this planet.

--Jimmy4164

P.S. SkyLine69(Below) If systems like this existed, or were even possible, how long would the lottery survive?

Krypton
              United States
              Member #140102
              March 11, 2013
              891 Posts
              Posted: April 10, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Yes, but they ain't talkin'.

what gets me is why ain't they talking?  Ifs not like if they make $2500 a week is going to break them to pass on their system  geeze

Kola's avatar - image
                Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                Member #28945
                December 25, 2005
                1528 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2013, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Kola,

Your words are blue.

"Separately, I sort of do understand when people get the info they need from the LP or go on to use or develop a decent winning system, and never report to the LP again."

This is the prelude to your pitch, your subtle purpose in posting here.  (People "need" LP information and they develop winning systems.) Your attempts to camouflage your ulterior motives are missed by many, maybe even most, but not by all.

"Go back and look at  the same JosephusMinimus thread in the Mathematics forum where I talked at length about how we look at numbers, and how we mainly look at their quantities and disregard their qualities..."

I did that and became even more thankful, especially for our children, that people like you are rarely, if ever, in a position to teach them to doubt basic math and science, which helps them to function equitably, and safely, in the world that MOST of us are conscious of on this planet.

--Jimmy4164

P.S. SkyLine69(Below) If systems like this existed, or were even possible, how long would the lottery survive?

Jimmy 4164,

Wow...Is this who you really, really are ? Yuck. I'm fleeing from you, rapidly...

I sincerely wish you the very, very best,

Kola

United States
                  Member #93947
                  July 10, 2010
                  2180 Posts
                  Posted: April 11, 2013, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Einstein's Special Theory Of Relativity is understandable by most people with a grounding in one of the basic sciences - physics, chemistry, etc.  Even those with no formal training in a science, but with good math skills, can grapple with it if they apply themselves.  However, Einstein's General Theory Of Relativity requires a leap in understanding to fully appreciate it.  For some, it appears more like philosophy than science.

I bring this up here because the kinds of problems that we, as sentient beings, must deal with on a daily basis, can usually be discussed (and dealt with) within the framework of Special Relativity.  Time is thought of as a straight line, with the past to the left of (behind) the observer, and the future to the right (in front).  The effects of acceleration are, for the most part, ignored.  Although there is some variation across cultures, generally, this fits well with most humans' waking state awareness.

Now, when we proceed to General Relativity, we encounter "another animal," so to speak.  I'm not a physicist and may make mistakes in this post, so I don't want to turn this into a physics lesson. Suffice it to say that General Relativity introduces the real effects of gravitation/acceleration, and delves more deeply into the nature of matter, time, and space.  Many have probably heard discussions of the idea that high speed space travelers could return from their trip "younger" than those they left behind.  Clearly, these are phenomena that we are unaware of as we go about our daily lives, and this includes agreeing on what phenomena are impinging on ping pong balls in mechanical ball machines at state lotteries!

In Kola's latest post, he would like you to suspect that there is something sinister in my postings here.  Hopefully, this post of mine will help you to see that I am standing firmly on the ground and not participating in any sort of VooDoo exercises.

What Kola is asking you to do in his posts here in this thread, and in the Math Forum he refers to, is to take the kind of quantum leap in your thinking about randomness and lotteries that's analogous to insisting that you consider the latest findings in physics labs on General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics while designing a small back yard house for your dog!  It's true - if you sign up for a trip to Mars at today's rocket speeds, you might return "slightly" younger.  But believe me folks, neither you, nor your dog, will notice! And the [infinitesimal] time difference will not be sufficient to work out a way for anyone to see lottery draws in advance. Smile

--Jimmy4164

p.s.  http://www.thebigview.com/spacetime/relativity.html

United States
                    Member #111714
                    May 31, 2011
                    104 Posts
                    Posted: April 11, 2013, 5:15 am - IP Logged

is anyone gaining or making a steady income from playing the lottery.

The retailers are making a steady income from me playing the lottery.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: April 11, 2013, 10:16 am - IP Logged

The retailers are making a steady income from me playing the lottery.

LOL Thumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: April 11, 2013, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Jimmy 4164,

Wow...Is this who you really, really are ? Yuck. I'm fleeing from you, rapidly...

I sincerely wish you the very, very best,

Kola

Reading Jammy is Puke Why bother?

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: April 11, 2013, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Winners play the lottery. Jammy doesnt play the lottery.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                            Member #133462
                            September 30, 2012
                            5946 Posts
                            Posted: April 11, 2013, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Jimmy:

I am curious now. Ronnie has made this statement several times over to which you have never levied a response. You typically respond tit for tat to everything addressed to you. So tell us, DO YOU PLAY THE LOTTERY?

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: April 11, 2013, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Jimmy:

I am curious now. Ronnie has made this statement several times over to which you have never levied a response. You typically respond tit for tat to everything addressed to you. So tell us, DO YOU PLAY THE LOTTERY?

Green laugh

Page 4 of 42