Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 5 of 42
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2013, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Green laugh

Jammy play the lottery...... thats funny.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2013, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Jimmy:

I am curious now. Ronnie has made this statement several times over to which you have never levied a response. You typically respond tit for tat to everything addressed to you. So tell us, DO YOU PLAY THE LOTTERY?

Thanks for the remarkably humorous post OB. Now that's a good one. LOL

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2013, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy:

I am curious now. Ronnie has made this statement several times over to which you have never levied a response. You typically respond tit for tat to everything addressed to you. So tell us, DO YOU PLAY THE LOTTERY?

I have discussed my participation in the lottery many times in these forums.  As you know, it's very time consuming to dig up old posts, so I leave it to you to find them.  Besides, it's a complete waste of time.  In my opinion, my entertainment budget is of no consequence here.  Do you think Ronnie will post a link to my declarations on this issue when he finds them?

I'm more interested in your thoughts regarding Kola's allusions to the possibility that advanced science holds the secret to lottery prediction, and my analogy above with Special/General Relativity.

Waddya' think?

Kola's avatar - image
        Blundering Time Traveler

United States
        Member #28945
        December 25, 2005
        1528 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2013, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Einstein's Special Theory Of Relativity is understandable by most people with a grounding in one of the basic sciences - physics, chemistry, etc.  Even those with no formal training in a science, but with good math skills, can grapple with it if they apply themselves.  However, Einstein's General Theory Of Relativity requires a leap in understanding to fully appreciate it.  For some, it appears more like philosophy than science.

I bring this up here because the kinds of problems that we, as sentient beings, must deal with on a daily basis, can usually be discussed (and dealt with) within the framework of Special Relativity.  Time is thought of as a straight line, with the past to the left of (behind) the observer, and the future to the right (in front).  The effects of acceleration are, for the most part, ignored.  Although there is some variation across cultures, generally, this fits well with most humans' waking state awareness.

Now, when we proceed to General Relativity, we encounter "another animal," so to speak.  I'm not a physicist and may make mistakes in this post, so I don't want to turn this into a physics lesson. Suffice it to say that General Relativity introduces the real effects of gravitation/acceleration, and delves more deeply into the nature of matter, time, and space.  Many have probably heard discussions of the idea that high speed space travelers could return from their trip "younger" than those they left behind.  Clearly, these are phenomena that we are unaware of as we go about our daily lives, and this includes agreeing on what phenomena are impinging on ping pong balls in mechanical ball machines at state lotteries!

In Kola's latest post, he would like you to suspect that there is something sinister in my postings here.  Hopefully, this post of mine will help you to see that I am standing firmly on the ground and not participating in any sort of VooDoo exercises.

What Kola is asking you to do in his posts here in this thread, and in the Math Forum he refers to, is to take the kind of quantum leap in your thinking about randomness and lotteries that's analogous to insisting that you consider the latest findings in physics labs on General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics while designing a small back yard house for your dog!  It's true - if you sign up for a trip to Mars at today's rocket speeds, you might return "slightly" younger.  But believe me folks, neither you, nor your dog, will notice! And the [infinitesimal] time difference will not be sufficient to work out a way for anyone to see lottery draws in advance. Smile

--Jimmy4164

p.s.  http://www.thebigview.com/spacetime/relativity.html

Your post called me back to you! It seems more authentic than the baiting silly stuff you wrote above.

Time is more spiral in nature like a spiral staircase, and not necessarily a straight line. Big difference. Thats part of the reason why I suggest your view of looking at random may be incomplete, and is one of the main reasons why predicting the lottery is tangible. Time does an end-run around RANDOM and catches it in its loop. All thing are subject to it, even our planet.  Lets simplify...Which energy or force is most dominant? The planet or our seemingly mundane lottery games? As you know, its this planet of ours, and if this huge planet is subject to pattern because of the loop of time as it circles the sun, then the lowly lottery games which is on the planet is  subject to the loop of time and displays unerring pattern as well.

The quantum leap you suggest I'm asking people to take has all been based on well established science and has nothing to do with advanced scientific thought and calculations. I prefer to have things translated to me, and translated to others in a way that even  a 10 year old child would grasp the gist. So rather than complex calculations is all about simple concepts. The concepts embody enduring archetypes that cuts through and across all disciplines, and if you explore you may find simple ways to incorporate them. I return to the concept of the circle, because its an easily accessible archetype to grasp. This archetype thats so central to life that even the function of the cosmos above tells you how important it is. Whats one of the most dominant cycles we know of? Its the yearly cycle we take as we circle the sun. Then there are mini-cycles of day and night which in turn operates the multitudes of cycles within your body. This is iron-clad science, but because you think its so "heady" for you you don't see the common themes this science has with everything else. As a matter of fact, Everthing has common themes with everything else. Its the common themes I'm interested in. Even looking at the way we all behave from day to day can demonstrate important themes that are relevant, but thinking on aspects of the following will be enough and more apparent to many.

Arithmetic : Number in Itself

Geometry: Number in Space

Music: Number in Time

Astronomy: Number in Space and Time

You don't have to think about these subjects in any kind of super-rigorous way. I could ask a 10 year old child about simple aspects of the above and he/she would have much to contribute, because these archetypal concepts will hum with that childs intuitive grasp of the subject along with the smidgen of learning acquired along the way to help put some of his picture and feelings into words...

But then you wonder how does any of this relate to the lottery, with exception of arithmetic and randomness. The precisely the point. Just do some wondering Jimmy, and you may be pleasantly surprised.

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
          Member #133462
          September 30, 2012
          5946 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2013, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I have discussed my participation in the lottery many times in these forums.  As you know, it's very time consuming to dig up old posts, so I leave it to you to find them.  Besides, it's a complete waste of time.  In my opinion, my entertainment budget is of no consequence here.  Do you think Ronnie will post a link to my declarations on this issue when he finds them?

I'm more interested in your thoughts regarding Kola's allusions to the possibility that advanced science holds the secret to lottery prediction, and my analogy above with Special/General Relativity.

Waddya' think?

Have you ever taken the opportunity to read my signature line? Three simple words I know, so it could easily go over your head as it is not some in depth analysis on some abstract mathematical concept that refutes the obvious. Secret? I cannot speak for any one else but I am not trying to uncover any secrets. I am simply experimenting with a variety of methods and hybrids of methods to win a jackpot.  I will not be embarrassed to show up in Stockholm if I won by a quick pick. I just want to win. If the world in the end calls my methods luck, who gives a da--? Wink

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2013, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

Since you pledged in an earlier post that you would not forget us if (or was it when) you devise a winning system, I suppose we should all cheer you on.  So, good luck!

On the other hand, given the overall parimutuel nature of Lotteries taken in aggregate, I can't help but suspect that you might harbor a death wish for "The Lottery."  Clearly, if you believe you can systematically win more than the mathematical odds predict, and you plan to make your methods available to everyone, logically, one of your goals must necessarily be to bankrupt all lottery commissions!

Just sayin'...

--Jimmy4164

Kola's avatar - image
              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
              Member #28945
              December 25, 2005
              1528 Posts
              Posted: April 11, 2013, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Reading Jammy is Puke Why bother?

Hello Ronnie316,

I bother because it may enlighten others, and I may learn learn something. If the giving and receiving to Jimmy and others is seriously unbalanced and/or for too long then thats the time to flee. Thanks for the question. As we go along, its a good one to ask one's self.

Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7310 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2013, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Einstein's Special Theory Of Relativity is understandable by most people with a grounding in one of the basic sciences - physics, chemistry, etc.  Even those with no formal training in a science, but with good math skills, can grapple with it if they apply themselves.  However, Einstein's General Theory Of Relativity requires a leap in understanding to fully appreciate it.  For some, it appears more like philosophy than science.

I bring this up here because the kinds of problems that we, as sentient beings, must deal with on a daily basis, can usually be discussed (and dealt with) within the framework of Special Relativity.  Time is thought of as a straight line, with the past to the left of (behind) the observer, and the future to the right (in front).  The effects of acceleration are, for the most part, ignored.  Although there is some variation across cultures, generally, this fits well with most humans' waking state awareness.

Now, when we proceed to General Relativity, we encounter "another animal," so to speak.  I'm not a physicist and may make mistakes in this post, so I don't want to turn this into a physics lesson. Suffice it to say that General Relativity introduces the real effects of gravitation/acceleration, and delves more deeply into the nature of matter, time, and space.  Many have probably heard discussions of the idea that high speed space travelers could return from their trip "younger" than those they left behind.  Clearly, these are phenomena that we are unaware of as we go about our daily lives, and this includes agreeing on what phenomena are impinging on ping pong balls in mechanical ball machines at state lotteries!

In Kola's latest post, he would like you to suspect that there is something sinister in my postings here.  Hopefully, this post of mine will help you to see that I am standing firmly on the ground and not participating in any sort of VooDoo exercises.

What Kola is asking you to do in his posts here in this thread, and in the Math Forum he refers to, is to take the kind of quantum leap in your thinking about randomness and lotteries that's analogous to insisting that you consider the latest findings in physics labs on General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics while designing a small back yard house for your dog!  It's true - if you sign up for a trip to Mars at today's rocket speeds, you might return "slightly" younger.  But believe me folks, neither you, nor your dog, will notice! And the [infinitesimal] time difference will not be sufficient to work out a way for anyone to see lottery draws in advance. Smile

--Jimmy4164

p.s.  http://www.thebigview.com/spacetime/relativity.html

"I'm not a physicist"

Darn because I've always wondered if I should multiple mass by the speed of light and then square it or is the speed of light squared a constant.

"Many have probably heard discussions of the idea that high speed space travelers could return from their trip "younger" than those they left behind."

Sounds like fun! Are you planning on building a time machine, travel into the future, get the lottery results, and then travel back and play them before the drawing deadline?

"In Kola's latest post, he would like you to suspect that there is something sinister in my postings here."

I read where Kola told you "You're only looking at only quantities, and so the ideas of the lotto and randomness, is flawed. Not wrong, but rather half-baked and incomplete." and it certainly doesn't look like they are accusing you of something sinister.

IMO you try to distort the ideas others have, try to hijack a discussion and by doing that are usually boring and annoying. The only relevance to this topic and Albert's theories on the space/time continuum is if someone is making a steady income from playing the lottery, they might call it an Event Horizon.

Kola's avatar - image
                  Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                  Member #28945
                  December 25, 2005
                  1528 Posts
                  Posted: April 11, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

Since you pledged in an earlier post that you would not forget us if (or was it when) you devise a winning system, I suppose we should all cheer you on.  So, good luck!

On the other hand, given the overall parimutuel nature of Lotteries taken in aggregate, I can't help but suspect that you might harbor a death wish for "The Lottery."  Clearly, if you believe you can systematically win more than the mathematical odds predict, and you plan to make your methods available to everyone, logically, one of your goals must necessarily be to bankrupt all lottery commissions!

Just sayin'...

--Jimmy4164

Jimmy4164,

Yes I would not forget, and thanks for the good luck in my search. Given that I'd want the lottery to be remain profitable for me and others until the end of time, I would never ever intentionally reveal anything that one could use to bankrupt the lottery commission. So I'd just continue to do what we all do on the LP, which is to share methods and concepts that may be of some use. Like I said though,  for me, the lottery games is more than just a vehicle to make money, but more a display of nature's nature, which supports scientist Rupert Sheldake's suggestion that nature has a habit. And since all mastery is ultimately self-mastery, exploring and responsibly sharing some of these concepts is a delight.

Kola

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: April 11, 2013, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

Just sayin'...

--Jimmy4164

"Since you pledged in an earlier post that you would not forget us if (or was it when) you devise a winning system"

If anyone posted a winning system, you'd miss it because of your unfounded annoying skepticism. I doubt that Rick Pitino just forgot to invite the Michigan players to his victory party; no invitation because those players weren't part of the winning team. So don't be surprised if you're not included.

"Clearly, if you believe you can systematically win more than the mathematical odds predict"

The house uses probability to determine how much they should win over time and with pick-3 games it's about 50% of ticket sales. Because your math is half-baked and incomplete, you fail to see the house is also paying out 50% of ticket sales in prizes.

"logically, one of your goals must necessarily be to bankrupt all lottery commissions!"

Logically the winnings from a steady income producing system would come from the 50% in prizes lottery commissions expects to pay out. They expect to payout more when a highly played combo is drawn, expect to pay less when a lightly played combo is drawn, and have an aggregate limit on ticket sales. Considering scratch-offs account for more than 60% of any state lottery ticket sales, only a fool would believe a few players with a steady income making system on another game could bankrupt any state lottery.

Have you ever looked at state lottery financial statement or even played some of the lottery games?

Just sayin'...

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: April 11, 2013, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy4164,

Yes I would not forget, and thanks for the good luck in my search. Given that I'd want the lottery to be remain profitable for me and others until the end of time, I would never ever intentionally reveal anything that one could use to bankrupt the lottery commission. So I'd just continue to do what we all do on the LP, which is to share methods and concepts that may be of some use. Like I said though,  for me, the lottery games is more than just a vehicle to make money, but more a display of nature's nature, which supports scientist Rupert Sheldake's suggestion that nature has a habit. And since all mastery is ultimately self-mastery, exploring and responsibly sharing some of these concepts is a delight.

Kola

Kola,

"...I would never ever intentionally reveal anything that one could use to bankrupt the lottery commission."

I understand.  That's very nice of you.  Good luck.

--Jimmy4164

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: April 11, 2013, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

GET RICH QUICK

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: April 11, 2013, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

When you say, "The house uses probability to determine how much they should win over time and with pick-3 games it's about 50% of ticket sales. Because your math is half-baked and incomplete, you fail to see the house is also paying out 50% of ticket sales in prizes.", I have no choice but to disagree.  You apparently forgot about this older post of mine:

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/2850041

"The WINNERS!  Yes, randomness produces winners, even over long periods of time."

--Jimmy4164

p.s.  Just what is it that compels you to waste your time trying to debunk my scientific approach when you could be devoting that time to picking your winners?  This thread was not set up to develop systems.

Kola's avatar - image
                            Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                            Member #28945
                            December 25, 2005
                            1528 Posts
                            Posted: April 11, 2013, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

"...I would never ever intentionally reveal anything that one could use to bankrupt the lottery commission."

I understand.  That's very nice of you.  Good luck.

--Jimmy4164

Thanks. Good luck to you too.

bjones$'s avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                              PA
                              United States
                              Member #139665
                              February 28, 2013
                              325 Posts
                              Posted: April 11, 2013, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Only the Lottery commisions, the states, Todd, and those who get lucky playing a jackpot game... and the last group only has short term income.

The real answer is no.  The reason is the math involved.  Although last time I got specific about that stuff on these forums I was berated and dragged into a long and useless arugment - so I'll leave it at that.

The answer is NO.  Anyone to tell you otherwise is either 1) Overly hopeful, 2) Overly Confident, 3) Delusional, 4) a liar OR simply doesn't understand the math involved.  I'm not trying to offend anyone, but that is the plain and simple truth.

that is too funny but so true!!

Make that $$$

Page 5 of 42