Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is anyone making an income from lottery

Topic closed. 629 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 42
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: April 8, 2013, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Do you think anyone is dumb enough to answer that question, in a forum, like this one????

Why would they have to be dumb??? How would you know they were actually telling the truth??

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4105 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2013, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

is anyone gaining or making a steady income from playing the lottery.

The ONLY person l saw who made a literal killing on the lottery until Marty Mcfly put a stop to that nonsense was BIFF.

Source: Back To The Future.

Party

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10347 Posts
      Posted: April 8, 2013, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Why would they have to be dumb??? How would you know they were actually telling the truth??

How many pm's and e-mails do you think posting something like that would generate, valid or not?

Then they would hound you for the sepcifics of how you're doing it.

If the info was valid how many would claim it as theirs and sell it as their system?

On and on ad nasueam......

It would be tempting though to create something totally bogus- take the latitiude and longitude in degrees and minutes (no seconds) of the location of the previous days'  high and low temps from the USA Today, and within those numbers are the next winning Pick 4.

Then see who writes some total hype of how much they won by doing so and starts selling it as their 'system'.

Green laugh

PS,

In mail order marketing (snail mail) the person most likely to send a bad check is someone seeking inormation on how to beat 'the house' (gambling info.) They not only want to beat the house but also want to beat those providing the infofmation out of the selling price, too.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
        Columbus, Ohio
        United States
        Member #128906
        June 5, 2012
        591 Posts
        Posted: April 8, 2013, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

I'm good at losing money, lol... interesting thread tho, bump

Kola's avatar - image
          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
          Member #28945
          December 25, 2005
          1527 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2013, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I assume a few people are.  I think its good to be reminded of this, because it serves as inspiration that it can be done...

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: April 9, 2013, 10:21 am - IP Logged

I assume a few people are.  I think its good to be reminded of this, because it serves as inspiration that it can be done...

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

"I assume a few people are."

Given the random nature of the games and the fact that hundreds of millions of people play around the world, this is a reasonable conjecture.

"I think its good to be reminded of this, because it serves as inspiration that it can be done..."

However, alluding to the fallacy that it "can be done" is bogus.  You don't "do it."  It just happens.

I see you're continuing to do your part to keep hope alive that wins can be engineered.

abria-r's avatar - nicebear

Bahamas
              Member #113012
              June 30, 2011
              3818 Posts
              Posted: April 9, 2013, 10:31 am - IP Logged

I must say winn$500quick do pretty well Thumbs Up  for him  may he / she continue be blessed 

953 408 

LIVE YOUR LIFE TO DA FULLEST 

Every day  my goal Win Big

abria-r Blue Angel

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: April 9, 2013, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Wins are "engineered" everyday of the week Jammy, but that does not mean that people are "making a living" playing the lottery. In the case of a a very large jackpot a person has made a living. NOT "making".

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: April 9, 2013, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I'm good at losing money, lol... interesting thread tho, bump

I enjoy "losing" money. Its the only means of "engineering" a big win.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: April 9, 2013, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  Thumbs Up

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: April 9, 2013, 10:39 am - IP Logged

You might become a retailer if you want to go professional.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: April 9, 2013, 11:10 am - IP Logged

You might become a retailer if you want to go professional.

Thumbs Up

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7298 Posts
                          Posted: April 9, 2013, 11:17 am - IP Logged

It depends on how "steady income" is defined. IMO, To be steady or consistent, a player would have to show at the least a monthly profit, every month, and that profit would have to be large enough to qualify as income. There may be a very tiny percentage of players that actually live off of their monthly lottery winnings, but for the majority of the very few who can consistently show a profit each month, it's probably a supplemental income or less than $100.

There is a difference between monthly, yearly, and lifetime income too and it's possible a pick-3 or pick-4 could win enough every year to qualify as an income and we know jackpot winners create lifetime incomes. It might be interesting to discuss which games have the potential to create a steady monthly income playing and how those games would be played.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: April 9, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Some people have lottery playing skills and some people dont. No Nod

tnhope's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #33215
                              February 19, 2006
                              57 Posts
                              Posted: April 9, 2013, 11:50 am - IP Logged

If anyone is, it certainly ain't me .... and if someone really is I'd like to know how they do it - personally I don't know if it can be done IMO.  I have had so many times when I thought I had something that could work, only to have it go downstream eventually and then I usually end up "back to the drawing board".  Its a nice thought, but only the "luckiest" ones win and if they do know something the rest of us don't know about or if they are privy to an inside track .... bey, they ain' telling! 

i also go through those trials thinking ...dam I GOT ITBanana...and then when i do backtesting ...

dam THATS NOT ITBS...

like you said "back to the drawing board" so trueSmiley

kudos for those that do have itThumbs Up

TypeLearn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can... there may come a time when you will be grateful you did. - Sarah Caldwell

Where do numbers go to do their homework?

The Times Table

i luv cherry popsicles

''It$ what you learn after you know everything that count$.''

-John Wooden

Page 2 of 42