Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing The Mega Millions And Powerball Lottery Games Is Very Expensive $15,600.

Topic closed. 110 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 4 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2013, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I'm playing in Europe Euromillions and I lost about 5k€ and it's only JUNE 2013 ......

Well at least you can get Belgian Waffles real cheap where you live if you fall on hard times.

There's that.

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #142777
    May 18, 2013
    263 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2013, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Spending $5 on Mega Millions and $10 on Powerball for every drawing equals $30 a week or $1,560 for the year. You will be down $15,600 in 10 years, if you do not win any major prize.

I bet if you got some sugar more often your questions would improve! LOL

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2013, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Which one is more addictive, spending $5 on Mega Millions and $10 on Powerball for every drawing or drinking that cup of coffee?

Coffee. Absolutely no doubt. I could go a week without playing the lottery, but try doing that with my coffee and I'll hunt you down.

Obviously it's different for different people, but so is how much they spend. I spend $2 on lottery each week.

United States
        Member #106134
        February 13, 2011
        806 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2013, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Yeah I realize that by playing the lottery that I might only see $4 returns on every $100 invested, but it's really the only opportunity an average person in the US has to come into millions of dollars.  A LOT of people win every year, so it's possible, but your chances literally as low as nailing 10 consecutive hole in one shots on a par 3 hole that's surrounded by lots of hazards.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2013, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Yeah I realize that by playing the lottery that I might only see $4 returns on every $100 invested, but it's really the only opportunity an average person in the US has to come into millions of dollars.  A LOT of people win every year, so it's possible, but your chances literally as low as nailing 10 consecutive hole in one shots on a par 3 hole that's surrounded by lots of hazards.

I think that's close to the "zero" chance Thrifty was talking about. Yes Nod

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1649 Posts
            Posted: May 30, 2013, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

OUR REGULAR LOTTERY PROGRAMMING.

1) Playing the lottery more often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

I SET A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE MY LOSSES.

A lottery stop loss limit is very important to be a successful lottery player over the long term.

Thrifty, I always enjoy your topics! You know, you're one of the few people that actually puts a pen to the whole deal and the numbers are point give or take a draw. We have a baseline cost per play including the the megaplier option which is your basic math for "X" amount of plays. I like the way you think because it's real world and real time logic.

Most players become very uncomfortable, though, when light is shed on how much money they lose and it's based on fact. This is both normal and understandable. However, it works just the opposite way as well...if a person was to put away that same money per week via a second part time job, they'd be ahead by the same amount at the year's end. Just imagine increasing one's income by $15K!!!

Just some food for thought...

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: May 30, 2013, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

if thrifty knew his math, the only zero chance is not buying a ticket.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11979 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2013, 7:07 am - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY IS FIXED. I HAVE NOT WON A LOTTERY JACKPOT YET.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Someone fixed the lottery Thrifty?

I didn't even know it was broken.

Thrifty is a winner.

Thrifty WILL play the lottery someday.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2013, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Thrifty will win a lottery jackpot someday.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2013, 11:27 am - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY IS FIXED. I HAVE NOT WON A LOTTERY JACKPOT YET.

Well, Thrift', ninety percent of it has to do with that (1-56) number field...I believe it's fifty-six numbers, right? That's a very tough feat! Yeah, it is actually fixed...fixed so that it's extremely and tremendously hard to even match (1) number on a single line for the average dollar amount played. Man, I haven't played either jackpot game in over seven months.

I sometimes wonder if I actually missed "my" chance to knock one down. Ahhhh, see, this is where they get so many people. If you don't play, you're missing out on the possibility of winning. Hmmm, could be.

I've decided that I'm going to win on pure accident and luck...because I'm really not trying to win. Make sense? Good luck my friend!!!!

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11979 Posts
                        Posted: June 27, 2013, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Well, Thrift', ninety percent of it has to do with that (1-56) number field...I believe it's fifty-six numbers, right? That's a very tough feat! Yeah, it is actually fixed...fixed so that it's extremely and tremendously hard to even match (1) number on a single line for the average dollar amount played. Man, I haven't played either jackpot game in over seven months.

I sometimes wonder if I actually missed "my" chance to knock one down. Ahhhh, see, this is where they get so many people. If you don't play, you're missing out on the possibility of winning. Hmmm, could be.

I've decided that I'm going to win on pure accident and luck...because I'm really not trying to win. Make sense? Good luck my friend!!!!

L.L.

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY TO PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY.

OUR REGULAR LOTTERY PROGRAMMING.

1) Playing the lottery more often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

I SET A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE MY LOSSES.

A lottery stop loss limit is very important to be a successful lottery player over the long term.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                          Member #142499
                          May 13, 2013
                          1183 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2013, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Thrifty, I get your point. I really do. But I think you're wrong, man. I'm sure if you nickel and dime yourself for 40+ years you can retire a multi-millionaire. But you still have to enjoy life. 

For every horrendous bridesmaid dress I've had to fork out for over the years, I'd gladly spend the money to do it all over again, just to be a special part of my friends' happiest days. 

I'm sure almost everyone here, including you, spends money on things they will NEVER see a penny from, simply because it gives them enjoyment.

Do you know how rich I'd be if I never watched a movie (or bought popcorn), never took a vacation, never had a girls night out, never ordered dessert, never bought a Victoria's Secret bra, never got my eyebrows waxed?

But who wants to be rich if you have to spend your entire life without any joy getting there.

Or worse, getting there with a unibrow and saggy breasts?

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                            Upacreek
                            United States
                            Member #136306
                            December 8, 2012
                            428 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2013, 12:54 am - IP Logged

L.L.

Interesting take...

Teddi... I guess it's a fine line and we've all walked it...

I'd rather place a firm bet and hope for something north of saggy Smile

-RC

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6290 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2013, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Well at least you can get Belgian Waffles real cheap where you live if you fall on hard times.

There's that.

I like waffles Big Grin

I Love Pink & Green 1908