Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing The Mega Millions And Powerball Lottery Games Is Very Expensive $15,600.

Topic closed. 110 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 8 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4783 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2013, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Spending $50 on Mega Millions and $100 on Powerball for every drawing equals $300 a week or $15,600 for the year. You will be down $156,000 in 10 years if you do not win any major prize.

-Or-

Spending $1 on Mega Millions and $2 on Powerball for every drawing equals $6 a week or $312 for the year. You will be down $3,120 in 10 years if you do not win any major prize.

Obviously if you spend a lot of money something will be expensive. But $3,120 across 10 years? That's absolutely nothing and can easily be made up through altering other spending habits.

There are also many, many people out there who spend more on drugs, cigarettes and/or alcohol that dwarf the amount the average person spends on lottery. Maybe you should be focused on that, as at least with lottery you have a chance to win some of your money back.

I don't drink, do drugs, or smoke so I guess the lottery is my small time vice but I consider it all entertainment.

J'aime La France.

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11974 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2013, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

The book publishing industry (virtually all legitimate publishers) moved their printing to China years ago. However, they are held to strict quality standards in terms of paper size, quality, etc.  But I am sure they pay their workers next to nothing.

USA LOTTERIES PRINT PAPER TICKETS FROM LOTTERY TERMINALS.THEY RETURN 50 CENTS FOR EVERY $1 SPENT ON THE PAPER TICKETS.LOL

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11974 Posts
      Posted: July 9, 2013, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't drink, do drugs, or smoke so I guess the lottery is my small time vice but I consider it all entertainment.

THE LOTTERY GIVES LOTTERY PLAYERS SATISFACTION FOREVER FOR EVERY $1 SPENT.LOL

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 9, 2013, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

USA LOTTERIES PRINT PAPER TICKETS FROM LOTTERY TERMINALS.THEY RETURN 50 CENTS FOR EVERY $1 SPENT ON THE PAPER TICKETS.LOL

You better check with the potheads in Colorado before you roll joints with 'em.

It'd probably be bad for ya.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: July 11, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I used to go to bars and eat out often. Cutting that down has saved tons, probably enough to buy 5 lines each draw for both MM and PB and still have money left over.

The average smoker spends $1,500 to $3,000 per year and I'm pretty sure most beer drinkers spend at least $1,000. I really don't see the problem of spending that same amount on a game where you can actually get money back from the money you put in, instead of just poor health or a hangover.

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11974 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

I used to go to bars and eat out often. Cutting that down has saved tons, probably enough to buy 5 lines each draw for both MM and PB and still have money left over.

The average smoker spends $1,500 to $3,000 per year and I'm pretty sure most beer drinkers spend at least $1,000. I really don't see the problem of spending that same amount on a game where you can actually get money back from the money you put in, instead of just poor health or a hangover.

YOU ARE A REAL LOTTERY CONSUMER.

US Flag