Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CNBC writer looking for lottery players

Topic closed. 381 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 26
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19911 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Good question my friend, perhaps Zac could try spending $20-30 a week for the next 6 weeks a post how his experience goes each day, in order to gain insight into lottery play?

I wonder if his perspective would change at all if he won a jackpot of some kind?

After all, the vague nature of his post leaves us with no idea whatsoever what his writing intentions are. So when he says the story will be "a story on state lotteries" does it mean that he is friend? Or is he foe?

i don't believe it so curious and leave Argue

Think's avatar - lightbulb
    Marquette, MI
    United States
    Member #20541
    August 20, 2005
    705 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

I am a writer with CNBC working on a story on state lotteries. I'm looking for frequent players who can tell me about the impact the lottery has had on their lives--positive or negative.

Thanks so much,

Zac Bissonnette

Well, so far, I have had more money returned to me than if I had listened to your Cramer guy a few years ago and bought Sponge Tech stock (BTW did Cramer make anything by suggesting to everyone that they buy Sponge Tech?)

Anyway it took me 21 years of playing 1 or more dollars per drawing before I hit  the 6/## lottery game for 4 of 6 for $100 here (easily a better return than the Sponge Tech Cramer was pushing)

Yes, I am way behind, if I never win the jackpot it wont be for a lack of trying for 4 decades.

u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19911 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Inquiring minds want to knowWhat?

I Agree! he must think we all are amature lottery players

Missy CA's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
        California
        United States
        Member #145613
        August 9, 2013
        39 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Hurray!

I find it entertaining as I like to look at all the ways the numbers could fall. Of course most of the time I am wrong. But I did get the 25 and power of 32 right. But I put 40 instead of 30 on power ball.I limit myself normally though with the state lottery twice a week. But played this last power ball. Even though I really don't like the way they have it set up. I am very happy several people did win it.

See Ya!

Win once, win big.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Well, so far, I have had more money returned to me than if I had listened to your Cramer guy a few years ago and bought Sponge Tech stock (BTW did Cramer make anything by suggesting to everyone that they buy Sponge Tech?)

Anyway it took me 21 years of playing 1 or more dollars per drawing before I hit  the 6/## lottery game for 4 of 6 for $100 here (easily a better return than the Sponge Tech Cramer was pushing)

Yes, I am way behind, if I never win the jackpot it wont be for a lack of trying for 4 decades.

Tell me about it, I bought one of Cramer's "trick or treat" stocks and got treated to what he called "a buzz saw" the very next day after he recommended it.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Hurray!

I find it entertaining as I like to look at all the ways the numbers could fall. Of course most of the time I am wrong. But I did get the 25 and power of 32 right. But I put 40 instead of 30 on power ball.I limit myself normally though with the state lottery twice a week. But played this last power ball. Even though I really don't like the way they have it set up. I am very happy several people did win it.

Welcome to LP, I play PB and MM. I don't have much interest in my states local games.

u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19911 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Tell me about it, I bought one of Cramer's "trick or treat" stocks and got treated to what he called "a buzz saw" the very next day after he recommended it.

"trick or treat"Pumpkin Ronnie316Partyis a WINNER

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up helpmewin knows what she is talking about.Yes Nod

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Well, RJOh will live longer with his habit.

That's debatable. I've known many guys in their late 70's who chain smoke, drink, and walk around like a 20 year old. I don't chain smoke, so It's all good.

BTW, it's all in the genes anyways. How many people die early from lung cancer and they've never smoked.

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

And one day he might win a large jackpot. Also, a lot of us enjoy playing the lottery so we do get enjoyment out of it.

True, and he may get struck by an asteroid too. 99.999% of people won't win the JP in their lifetime.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

That's debatable. I've known many guys in their late 70's who chain smoke, drink, and walk around like a 20 year old. I don't chain smoke, so It's all good.

BTW, it's all in the genes anyways. How many people die early from lung cancer and they've never smoked.

People who don't smoke or drink TEND to live longer. Its a proven fact. Cheers

u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19911 Posts
                        Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

are you talking the prescription cigarettes Lurking

u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19911 Posts
                          Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

People who don't smoke or drink TEND to live longer. Its a proven fact. Cheers

Dead

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4806 Posts
                            Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Hurray!

I agree!

J'aime La France.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

are you talking the prescription cigarettes Lurking

A card carrying dube smoker, no doubt.

Page 2 of 26