Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CNBC writer looking for lottery players

Topic closed. 381 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 8 of 26
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: August 10, 2013, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Too late for psychological mumbo jumbo.

How can I possibly take you seriously after what you wrote in earlier posts about investment?

A legend in his own mind. Get a grip. Your reality is not the same as everyone else's.

Just because you view buying a lottery ticket as throwing money down the toilet, doesn't mean everyone else has to go along with YOU and think the same thing only. 

Buying a lottery ticket is an investment in one's future, because of the possibility of winning.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: August 10, 2013, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Not to put down heavy players in the hopes of winning a JP. But in my experience here at the LP I've seen many, and I mean many people who truly believe they'll be the one of the 0.999% who win the JP.

But logic and math dictate they won't win in their lifetime. Not to mention that they ALL can't be right and win the JP..lol

It's an extremely rare event. Treat it as so.

Sometimes I feel like it's futile for me to explain reality. But something keeps me going. I guess truth and reality always wins.

Im sure a lot of things seem "futile" to YOU only, that's because there is more to life than "math and logic" 

Or is it "meth and logic" for you only. We can only wonder where your logic comes from. 

Hopes and dreams are alive and well in the land of LP.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: August 10, 2013, 10:44 am - IP Logged

you guys remind me of when Peter fights that chicken LOL

Turkey

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: August 10, 2013, 10:56 am - IP Logged

A good writer asks follow up questions and does not post a question and then disappear.  I would expect more from even a jr. high student.

I Agree! I thought the post was really odd from the beginning. Perhaps Zac thought no one would reply and plans on coming back Monday when he gets back to work and has nothing to do? 

Or perhaps Jammy came back to play a little prank on us uneducated lottery players?

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2013, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Not to put down heavy players in the hopes of winning a JP. But in my experience here at the LP I've seen many, and I mean many people who truly believe they'll be the one of the 0.999% who win the JP.

But logic and math dictate they won't win in their lifetime. Not to mention that they ALL can't be right and win the JP..lol

It's an extremely rare event. Treat it as so.

Sometimes I feel like it's futile for me to explain reality. But something keeps me going. I guess truth and reality always wins.

This is slightly off topic: (but then again, so is most of this thread...)

I just noticed you quoting several different numbers for percentage of people that won't win a JP:

0.999% (that's like 1%)

99.9%

99.99%

99.999%

I'll agree with only the 2nd one, which is also what's in your sig. That's the 0.1% of people that will win "a JP" at minimum like an arbitrary pick5/6 state lotto or scratcher equivalent in their lifetime.

Winning "the JP" if that would mean a multi-state PB or MM, I'd put that at 0.0001% which is beyond any of your numbers.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
              Upacreek
              United States
              Member #136306
              December 8, 2012
              428 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Maybe he already has all he needs with the wealth of information expressed in this thread.

Yup! Yes Nod

-RC

Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Yup! Yes Nod

Run away!!! Sulk Off

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:11 am - IP Logged

I just noticed you quoting several different numbers for percentage of people that won't win a JP:

0.999% (that's like 1%)

99.9%

99.99%

99.999%

I'll agree with only the 2nd one, which is also what's in your sig. That's the 0.1% of people that will win "a JP" at minimum like an arbitrary pick5/6 state lotto or scratcher equivalent in their lifetime.

Winning "the JP" if that would mean a multi-state PB or MM, I'd put that at 0.0001% which is beyond any of your numbers.

I Agree! Funny how many times only can be wrong in a single post when he has been "beating the goat"

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                    Upacreek
                    United States
                    Member #136306
                    December 8, 2012
                    428 Posts
                    Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:16 am - IP Logged

0.999% (that's like 1%)

99.9%

99.99%

99.999%

0.0001%... Ay caramba!  Had to put my thinking cap on with that decimal value- one ten thousandth of a percent... YIKES! 

That's like trying trying to shoot a flea off a cliff a mile away with a red ryder BB gun... 

I'll keep trying... but I suppose I'll shoot my eye out while getting struck by lightning first LOL

-RC

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:19 am - IP Logged

0.0001%... Ay caramba!  Had to put my thinking cap on with that decimal value- one ten thousandth of a percent... YIKES! 

That's like trying trying to shoot a flea off a cliff a mile away with a red ryder BB gun... 

I'll keep trying... but I suppose I'll shoot my eye out while getting struck by lightning first LOL

Someone said its like measuring in inches from NY to CA and trying to pick the correct single inch.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I wonder how much sit-com experience a writer needs to have before he can get hired at CNBC?

Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #103813
                          January 5, 2011
                          1530 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Someone said its like measuring in inches from NY to CA and trying to pick the correct single inch.

Naw...winning ain't that hard. Just keep playing and eventually you'll win!

The trick is to win before you croak. Gloria barely made it...

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Naw...winning ain't that hard. Just keep playing and eventually you'll win!

The trick is to win before you croak. Gloria barely made it...

Good point, Im hoping my numbers can be played for generations to come. I don't give up easy. No Nod

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2013, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Page 8 of 26