Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you have specific plans as to what you will be doing after your PB/MM win?

Topic closed. 153 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2014, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Or are you going with the " wait and see approach" once you have the check in hand?
I will retire along with the wife, do some serious traveling from time to time to places we have not yet set foot on & get involved in charity work that involves helping the needy.
My biological odometer still has miles to go before " l sleep" so to-speak.
Of course as time progresses, we will adapt to the changing needs as necessary.
What's your approach?

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1732 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2014, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

My trust with the lottery is getting smaller and smaller, so I have the wait and see approach.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19967 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2014, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

I don't like the wait and see i like to get excited before i win Party

Patriot

United States
        Member #149820
        December 9, 2013
        644 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2014, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Or are you going with the " wait and see approach" once you have the check in hand?
        I will retire along with the wife, do some serious traveling from time to time to places we have not yet set foot on & get involved in charity work that involves helping the needy.
        What's your approach?

Well myself I cant say what I'll do other than go claim that money. After that I'll go real slow and deliberate with my spending

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2014, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Of all the jackpot winners they've ever shown on the news I think the most memorable one was this guy who was asked what he was going to do with that much money and he told the reporter, "My head's not on straight right now, I can't even begin to answer that. I'm lucky to get any words out."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2014, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

What's your approach?

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening.

I didn't know you were a Robert Frost fan.

I know that one by heart.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: January 15, 2014, 8:45 pm - IP Logged
                rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2014, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

What's your approach?

Probably just hang fire for a proper spell.

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2014, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

I just love how they use the word "When", not "If".

So everyone who believes they WILL win the JP someday will win. As long as I'm sure I'm going to win, I have no choice but to win.

Can't wait for the NEWS on T.V. when there's a sudden HUGE spike of JP winners who claim tickets. At this rate, 2014 through 2024, there will be JP winners after every drawing in every JP game.

The lottery commisioners will have to investigate thousands of cases to see what the heck happened. Green laugh

Can you imagine the Lottery Post "Home" page? The news forum will be too much for Todd to handle. lol

Congrats to all of you JP winners! I'm sure you just can't wait to win. I know i couldn't wait. Heck, tomorrow I'm going to write on LP that I'm definitely going to win a major JP. Why? Cause i know for a FACT that if i do write such things, they will definitely come true.Crazy

Dang, to think all these years I've been wracking my brain to figure out the p-3. DUH!!!!!!   All I had to do is to believe I will win a JP and it will happen. What was I thinking?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4146 Posts
                    Posted: January 15, 2014, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

I just love how they use the word "When", not "If".

So everyone who believes they WILL win the JP someday will win. As long as I'm sure I'm going to win, I have no choice but to win.

Can't wait for the NEWS on T.V. when there's a sudden HUGE spike of JP winners who claim tickets. At this rate, 2014 through 2024, there will be JP winners after every drawing in every JP game.

The lottery commisioners will have to investigate thousands of cases to see what the heck happened. Green laugh

Can you imagine the Lottery Post "Home" page? The news forum will be too much for Todd to handle. lol

Congrats to all of you JP winners! I'm sure you just can't wait to win. I know i couldn't wait. Heck, tomorrow I'm going to write on LP that I'm definitely going to win a major JP. Why? Cause i know for a FACT that if i do write such things, they will definitely come true.Crazy

Dang, to think all these years I've been wracking my brain to figure out the p-3. DUH!!!!!!   All I had to do is to believe I will win a JP and it will happen. What was I thinking?

I walk in a positive light- you can't rain on my parade, so don't even try.
                    All of the folk who play the lottery " hope to win" otherwise why try?
                    I would rather use the word " when than if" ..since it carries a more positive outlook on things.
                    Now run along and play.

Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4146 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2014, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Well Ridge- My father wanted his sons to get an education in a great many things- Robert Frost was one of many things..
                      l salute you on having a keen mind for fine taste.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                        Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1409 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2014, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening.

I didn't know you were a Robert Frost fan.

I know that one by heart.

Ever see that '77 Charles Bronson movie Telefon? The words to that poem were used as a trigger to activate the sleeper agents.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                          Texas Panhandle
                          United States
                          Member #136843
                          December 20, 2012
                          1409 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2014, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

My plans are not carved in stone and they're more like fantasies than plans.  It really depends upon how much money I win...the more money, the bigger things I want to do.  They do get less grandiose the older I get.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: January 15, 2014, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Ever see that '77 Charles Bronson movie Telefon? The words to that poem were used as a trigger to activate the sleeper agents.

No, I missed that one, Mike.

Course, I probably wasn't born yet.  Embarassed

I'll have to check my driver's license when I get a chance.

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: January 16, 2014, 1:42 am - IP Logged

I think my first plan is to travel to colorado and get some rocky mountain love.

Then i will buy a ninja suit and travel to California.

I will hunt down Nose-Glaze and give him the chinese water torture.

Page 1 of 11