Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

As a Lottery JP winner: Would you " help" your city out if they were on the verge of bankruptcy?

Topic closed. 118 replies. Last post 3 years ago by veganlife125.

Page 6 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40299 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2014, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Yeah that is horrible... healthcare people can afford. What's wrong with America?? We want a decent living wage so we dont have to be on welfare, healhcare so when we get sick we wont have insurmountable debt, and to be able to save for our kids future and our retirement. We are just too greedy. We just need to be more compassionate to these big coroprations who want to make billions of dollars, and not pay us any of the above, cause we wouldnt work as hard if it actually paid off

Shelby, or Billionaire2b, yes we know it's you, we have since day one, Your complete lack of understanding about this law makes you look stupid when you defend it.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40299 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2014, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

lol Coming from the guy (b2b) who said he tells the homeless to go to ****.

Exactly!

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
      Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
      United States
      Member #50210
      March 1, 2007
      843 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2014, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

I love when the ones who pay nothing complain about the ones who pay the most not paying their fair share.

So typical.

It's gotten to the point that when I see an idiotic comment by a libtard, I simply ignore it.

47% of the population doesn't pay Federal income tax yet the far left still cry foul that the folks who pay the majority of the taxes don't pay their fair share.

Typical liberal hypocrisy.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1492 Posts
        Posted: February 17, 2014, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Question, why does 47% not pay their taxes?  Is it because they don't make enough money?

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
          Baltimore, MD
          United States
          Member #143332
          May 30, 2013
          398 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2014, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

If you were behind on your property taxes, would the city delay putting a tax lien on your house if you were experiencing hard times? If I had $150 mil, would pack up and been left. If fiscal mismanagement got them into that situation, giving the city money would only enable them to waste that money as well.

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
            upstate NY
            United States
            Member #108791
            March 31, 2011
            549 Posts
            Posted: February 17, 2014, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Question, why does 47% not pay their taxes?  Is it because they don't make enough money?

In large part, yes.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/09/19/mitt-romney-surprising-facts-pay-no-income-tax/

This passage seems to be key:

According to the nonpartisan  Tax Policy Center, 53.6% of Americans pay a portion of their income in federal income taxes, and 46.4% don't. Of those who don't, 61% (28.3% of the population) pay payroll taxes, such as Social Security and Medicare, but have enough deductions and tax credits that their federal income tax liability has shrunk to zero. In other words, 81.9% of the population is gainfully employed and sends some measure of their income to the federal government.

As for the rest, 10.3% of the population -- 22% of non-income tax payers -- are elderly and are likely unemployed, i.e., retired. A further 6.9% are non-elderly but have incomes below $20,000, which in most cases puts them below the poverty line.

Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40299 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2014, 12:26 am - IP Logged

They didn't pay attention in school, they have no goals, no desire to work hard and save, they sit around feeling sorry for themselves and expect to mooch off the hard work and wealth of others.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10345 Posts
                Posted: February 18, 2014, 1:18 am - IP Logged

Shelby Mustang,

"We just need to be more compassionate to these big coroprations who want to make billions of dollars, and not pay us any of the above, cause we wouldnt work as hard if it actually paid off..."

Corporations like Soylandra and other "Green" startups that produced nothing, had no business experience, and sucked up government $$$$ just by being the administrations' cronies? Or how about m.o.'s personal trainer that's flown in from Chicago twice a week for $130,000 a year.

The list goes on and on.......

$6.66 TRILLION national debt and you want to hammer those who produce and manufacture?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4104 Posts
                  Posted: February 18, 2014, 1:31 am - IP Logged

noise-gate,

Nope, never said a moratorium on statues. But it would be insane for a jackpot winner to fund one for an egomaniac local level politician, or any level politician.

Now if it was going to be statue of Carol Doda in her heyday, that's different!

Scared

Carol Doda in her heyday (Coin Toss)... oh Lordy. l had to look her up to see who you were talking about. My Dad never mentioned her and l " wonder why?"..lol.

She plowed her car in SF last year into a stationary vehicle l read, was to inebriated to know what she was doing and the cops did not give her a breathalyzer test- probably out of " respect for her"- l bet her license was revoked though....

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10345 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2014, 1:43 am - IP Logged

She used to do the station ID for Channel 36 TV in San Jose in the 1970s.

She would wear a black turtleneck or a low cut blouse and the station ID was, "This is the perfect 36 in San Jose".

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                      Member #149820
                      December 9, 2013
                      644 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2014, 9:15 am - IP Logged

Shelby, or Billionaire2b, yes we know it's you, we have since day one, Your complete lack of understanding about this law makes you look stupid when you defend it.

LOL now why am I stupid? Have I called you any names? Why are you try to make it personal?  You do not like the ACA...that's fine I think its a good idea, but both our points are irrelevant because this is a lottery site and I still think what is truly STUPID is disscussing politics on a lottery site, nobody can have the conversation without calling names and getting personal. Also for the last time I dont know who bsb or billionaire2b is or why you keep calling me that, but I want you to stop, Now do you understand that?

United States
                        Member #149820
                        December 9, 2013
                        644 Posts
                        Posted: February 18, 2014, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Hammer those who produce and manufacture? The ones that produce and manufacture overseas for pennies on the dollar and then ship it back here and charge us 10 what it took them to make it? Are those the ones your talking about? Or are you talking about the ones who pollute the water so bad in certain communities  it is neither fit to drink or wash with? Are these the companies you're talking about?

Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40299 Posts
                          Posted: February 18, 2014, 10:19 am - IP Logged

LOL now why am I stupid? Have I called you any names? Why are you try to make it personal?  You do not like the ACA...that's fine I think its a good idea, but both our points are irrelevant because this is a lottery site and I still think what is truly STUPID is disscussing politics on a lottery site, nobody can have the conversation without calling names and getting personal. Also for the last time I dont know who bsb or billionaire2b is or why you keep calling me that, but I want you to stop, Now do you understand that?

Same font, same words spelled wrong, North Carolina, same...

Need I say more.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                            TX
                            United States
                            Member #121193
                            January 4, 2012
                            1637 Posts
                            Posted: February 18, 2014, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Hammer those who produce and manufacture? The ones that produce and manufacture overseas for pennies on the dollar and then ship it back here and charge us 10 what it took them to make it? Are those the ones your talking about? Or are you talking about the ones who pollute the water so bad in certain communities  it is neither fit to drink or wash with? Are these the companies you're talking about?

Shelby,,, let me explain to you abit on doing business here in the good ole USA. Here's a sample of reasons why we no longer produce as many goods in this country as we used to, EPA, OSHA, Unions, Unemployment tax,payroll tax,Insurances, Workers Comp, Safety training, PITA,various environmental groups, transportation to include Federal Motor Carrier compliance, federal and state and local government mandates. Just to mention a few, that come to mind. While this previous list does have usefulness they also have such money gouging restrictions that you may need millions - 100s of millions in start up capitol and running costs..Remember now, we are talking about producing/manufacturing and not internet based like an EBAY. Course that doesn't include the cost of purchasing a location or upgrading an existing one..This is just a sample of items to consider.

Look at the products in your house....they more than likely come from China or 3rd world nations who don't have these restrictions or other lil additives like we do....So when you factor in the cost of doing business vs shipping it overseas for production ????...WELL.....I Hope this gives you a few ideas to ponder over. when it comes to making "pennies on the dollar" as you put it.

Just remember, you don't have to buy any product from any manufacturer that does this or even better yet...You are free to change the process OR leave the good ole USA.

Just sayin....Have a good one !! Patriot

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
                              Member #145267
                              August 1, 2013
                              1492 Posts
                              Posted: February 18, 2014, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Question, your comment about restrictions, is this from your life experience, or something that you read about? Also, dose this include large corporations such as, Apple and HP? Just a question.