Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ridge

Topic closed. 318 replies. Last post 2 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 6 of 22
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5611 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2014, 10:10 am - IP Logged

I was reading about the increase in pepper spray sales a while back.  I have some firearms, but I also keep a can of wasp spray by my door.  It sprays farther and in a more concentrated stream and I think it would be more apt to stop someone than the weak pepper spray sold to the general public.  It's also fairly easy to accidentally spray yourself with pepper spray and most of the canisters have some sort of tab lock on them.  I was trying to spray a wasp nest under the eaves of my folk's house a few yrs. back (my pop was deathly allergic to wasp/bee stings) and the wind picked up and blew over the top of the house, pushing a little of the spray back onto me.  I was incapacitated for quite some time until I got the stuff flushed out of my eyes.

I'll be glad when Ridge gets back so I can grovel before him and fawn over him.  I'm going to give him a rubdown with snake oil, too.

That wasp spray is a good idea mike. I'm in the process of figuring out what to buy for a firearm (sold all my guns years ago needing $). One of my guns was a 44 magnum. Loved that thing. But if I shot it where I live it would go out of my house and into the one next door.

In the meantime, I think I'll get a can of wasp spray. At least that's something to buy some time  until I can scrape the $ to get another gun or 2.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2014, 10:17 am - IP Logged

LOL, but that's highly improbable because his home is like a housing facility. His wife's son also lives there along with his wife and three children. And a friend of his who's looking for a place to move to still hasn't found a place so he's sleeping on the couch. Not to mention the two dogs, and a goldfish. At least one of them would've heard them fall and can't get up.

Any numbers for the sea of Tranquility? Oops, wrong thread..

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2014, 10:21 am - IP Logged

That wasp spray is a good idea mike. I'm in the process of figuring out what to buy for a firearm (sold all my guns years ago needing $). One of my guns was a 44 magnum. Loved that thing. But if I shot it where I live it would go out of my house and into the one next door.

In the meantime, I think I'll get a can of wasp spray. At least that's something to buy some time  until I can scrape the $ to get another gun or 2.

I think the wasp spray should suffice. You can do a lot of damage to the house trying to kill a wasp with a gun, so stick with the spray because it will cost you a lot to repair all those bullet holes. 

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2014, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Speaking of MIA, where the heck you been? 

Raven stopped by and posted the other day for the first time in a couple years. And there are lots of other members who were very active who for whatever reason took a break.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2014, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Ridge could very well be looking at all these posts about his whereabouts and saying "  Hey, even l have to take a sabbatical ever so now & then, but go ahead suckers, speculate- make my day"...while laughing out loud!

Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5611 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2014, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Ridge could very well be looking at all these posts about his whereabouts and saying "  Hey, even l have to take a sabbatical ever so now & then, but go ahead suckers, speculate- make my day"...while laughing out loud!

I was thinking that myself. LOL.

I sure wouldn't put it past him.

Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5611 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2014, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

I think the wasp spray should suffice. You can do a lot of damage to the house trying to kill a wasp with a gun, so stick with the spray because it will cost you a lot to repair all those bullet holes. 

Apparently you don't understand that my concern isn't wasps. They don't bother me. It's the 2 legged pests that might come along.

Bullets holes are easy to fix. Blood spatter is a lot more work.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19871 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2014, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

LOL you never been to Texas

Let it Snow Snowman

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
                  Member #57793
                  January 19, 2008
                  2334 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2014, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Green laughTooth Past works grate to patch the holes.

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2014, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Apparently you don't understand that my concern isn't wasps. They don't bother me. It's the 2 legged pests that might come along.

Bullets holes are easy to fix. Blood spatter is a lot more work.

Chickens? Now that's just cruel. Spraying chickens with wasp spray is inhumane. Even shooting them with a gun is bad too. Why not just chop their heads off?

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2014, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

LOL you never been to Texas

I have, and every time I pass through I smell cow crap for miles on end. They don't need wasp spray or guns, they need a few million spray cans of potpourri from Johnson and Johnson, a family company.

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5611 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2014, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I have, and every time I pass through I smell cow crap for miles on end. They don't need wasp spray or guns, they need a few million spray cans of potpourri from Johnson and Johnson, a family company.

LOL.

That's your upper lip you smell.

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: July 13, 2014, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Speaking of suckers...

It's really a shame that a wealth of information relevant to so much discussed here is suppressed through the snipping process.  Instead, LP members are presented with misinformation designed to make them fearful of phishing scams.  If you type "Informative, honest, indepth articles on Lotto" into your Google search box, you might still find it.  If you believe what's suggested in this LP thread, you really are a sucker.
                          https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/97802

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5611 Posts
                            Posted: July 13, 2014, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Speaking of suckers...

It's really a shame that a wealth of information relevant to so much discussed here is suppressed through the snipping process.  Instead, LP members are presented with misinformation designed to make them fearful of phishing scams.  If you type "Informative, honest, indepth articles on Lotto" into your Google search box, you might still find it.  If you believe what's suggested in this LP thread, you really are a sucker.
                            https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/97802

Really?

That's from 10 years ago.

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11982 Posts
                              Posted: July 13, 2014, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Sully/Maddog have you heard from Ridge? I haven't seen him post in awhile wanna make sure he's ok.

Ridge probably quit playing the lottery. Did he win a lottery jackpot?

Page 6 of 22