Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:16 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ridge

Topic closed. 318 replies. Last post 2 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 8 of 22
PrintE-mailLink
Kola's avatar - image
Blundering Time Traveler

United States
Member #28945
December 25, 2005
1532 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2014, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

I remember my first acquaintance with him. It was some time ago when he made a play on words with my name by using "coke" in response to one of my dream-scape posts. It was funny, and I said so. He's a darn good writer. Sometimes his posts do make me wince though,  when he gets angry and swings his razor-sharp verbal scythe around. But sometimes they make me smile as well, when he's strumming his proverbial banjo with a good natured ribbing or tender-hearted good word. Anyway, I hope that wherever he is, he's at peace... A peace so deep that the mere mention of politics that are not his own, doesn't even cause the line between his brows the slightest crease, or his eye to twitch. Imagine that. Well, try very hard, lol. Well I did, and this great song kind of embodied him for me. Yeah. At peace. Ridge Runnin' them Appalachian Trails, and Oracle that he is, contendly howlin' at the moon(got to get to the end).

Our 2nd class in Pick 3 Lore was Space-Timing The Next Draw and we found the Lottery LoreKeeper, Tatiana, staring through her telescope, while we covertly giggled about what does Planet X have to do with what my next draw is? The sleuthy sage quietly intoned, "It is known that when the light(information) from such a distant object reaches our eyes, we are seeing the object as it was in the past & not as it appears Now in the present. Isn't this true for all things, especially numbers, that were drawn years, months, weeks or even just a day in the past? To accurately find the next draw, use the Law of Now(Tatiana's Pillar)". We never giggled again.

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2014, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Kola,
    Thankfully,  you were apparently spared exposure to his many intolerant, homophobic, and racist rants.
    --Jimmy4164

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20244 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2014, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Kola,
      Thankfully,  you were apparently spared exposure to his many intolerant, homophobic, and racist rants.
      --Jimmy4164

Geez,

you shouldn't put your traits out in the open like that 4164. Those danged generic meds will do it to you every time. I just wanted to make you feel like your home.

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5762 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2014, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I remember my first acquaintance with him. It was some time ago when he made a play on words with my name by using "coke" in response to one of my dream-scape posts. It was funny, and I said so. He's a darn good writer. Sometimes his posts do make me wince though,  when he gets angry and swings his razor-sharp verbal scythe around. But sometimes they make me smile as well, when he's strumming his proverbial banjo with a good natured ribbing or tender-hearted good word. Anyway, I hope that wherever he is, he's at peace... A peace so deep that the mere mention of politics that are not his own, doesn't even cause the line between his brows the slightest crease, or his eye to twitch. Imagine that. Well, try very hard, lol. Well I did, and this great song kind of embodied him for me. Yeah. At peace. Ridge Runnin' them Appalachian Trails, and Oracle that he is, contendly howlin' at the moon(got to get to the end).

Ol' Ridge is funny as heck!

Hope he's doing ok.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
          Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1404 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2014, 7:12 am - IP Logged

Kola,
          --Jimmy4164

Regretfully, we're exposed to your hyperbole far too often.

Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5762 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2014, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Well put Kola. You're right, that song does do Ridge justice.

Thanks for posting it.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              42114 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2014, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Kola,
              --Jimmy4164

Well Jimmyboy, like my good friend Ridge would say...

' If you don't want to see what someone has to say, mash down on the block member button.

Just like I'm going to do to you.ROFL

HyperBe Happy.

Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5762 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2014, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

' If you don't want to see what someone has to say, mash down on the block member button.

Green laugh

Kola's avatar - image
                  Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                  Member #28945
                  December 25, 2005
                  1532 Posts
                  Posted: July 21, 2014, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Kola,
                  --Jimmy4164

Hello Jimmy4164,

Like I said, and this happens to apply to others member well, there are posts that make me smile and those that make wince. NO ONE is immune from the capacity to be less-than-desirable either in thought, word or action. This egalitarian truism compels me to sincerely appreciate the good stuff, and try to forgive the rest, at least where I appropriately can. Or even challenge the rest with passion and responsible anger, if I desire. But while doing so, I can't overlook I'm talking to whole persons, who have strengths and flaws like I do. In essence, I'm really talking to myself, in all my varying disguises. So the challenge is meet these parts of me in a shared space that allows for some opening, and that is what I seek. What did Jalal al-Din Rumi say ? “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Take care...

Kola

Our 2nd class in Pick 3 Lore was Space-Timing The Next Draw and we found the Lottery LoreKeeper, Tatiana, staring through her telescope, while we covertly giggled about what does Planet X have to do with what my next draw is? The sleuthy sage quietly intoned, "It is known that when the light(information) from such a distant object reaches our eyes, we are seeing the object as it was in the past & not as it appears Now in the present. Isn't this true for all things, especially numbers, that were drawn years, months, weeks or even just a day in the past? To accurately find the next draw, use the Law of Now(Tatiana's Pillar)". We never giggled again.

Kola's avatar - image
                    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                    Member #28945
                    December 25, 2005
                    1532 Posts
                    Posted: July 21, 2014, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Well put Kola. You're right, that song does do Ridge justice.

Thanks for posting it.

Thanks rcbbuckeye!

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                      upstate NY
                      United States
                      Member #108791
                      March 31, 2011
                      549 Posts
                      Posted: July 21, 2014, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Geez,

you shouldn't put your traits out in the open like that 4164. Those danged generic meds will do it to you every time. I just wanted to make you feel like your home.

Jimmy may be going off the deep end lately, but he's spot on about Ridge.  He is certainly popular around here, maybe even beloved, but woe be unto anyone who dares disagree with His Majesty in the slightest.

For the record, I hope Ridge is safe and sound.  Not even he deserves to have misfortune befall him out in the real world.  But it sure has been a lot more peaceful on the forums without him regularly going off on anyone who isn't a card-carrying member of the Tea Party.  It's amazing what can happen when people focus on discussing the lottery on a lottery message board rather than partisan political bickering.

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                        Athens
                        Greece
                        Member #133234
                        September 24, 2012
                        192 Posts
                        Posted: July 22, 2014, 4:39 am - IP Logged

Did anyone gave him a call?

Missed his posts and his sense of humor; he is a great guy.

6/49 dis(assembly)

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: July 22, 2014, 6:06 am - IP Logged

"Just like I'm going to do to you."
                          I don't think you'll do that.
                          Minders are important here.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                            Member #52345
                            May 21, 2007
                            2680 Posts
                            Posted: July 22, 2014, 7:12 am - IP Logged

Did anyone gave him a call?

Missed his posts and his sense of humor; he is a great guy.

I wouldn't call him a great guy .......

but I would say hes one of those actually useful critters with a wierd sense of humor

I hope hes well and not in the hospital

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7344 Posts
                              Posted: July 22, 2014, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

"Just like I'm going to do to you."
                              I don't think you'll do that.
                              Minders are important here.

Been over six weeks and it looks like several members are eager to find out why he is no longer posting and hopefully one of his "good friends" will tell them (and all of us) why.

Page 8 of 22