Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MegaMillions is ready to be won again

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 2 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19824 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2015, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Ever notice that certain number patterns occur in the lottery games you play?  There's a pattern that occur in the local Classic Lotto(6/49) game about 2% of the time and in MegaMillions about 2.7% of the time.  Actually 3 or 4 of the winning numbers fit the pattern 50% of the time but on those rare 2-2.7% of the time all the numbers follow this pattern. 

I'm getting a feeling this pattern is ready to repeat in one of the up coming MM drawings and so until MM is won I plan to play 15 lines where all the numbers fit this unique pattern and see what happens.  It takes discipline to play the numbers as they fall because if you come close to winning the temptation is to vary the pattern just a little in spite of what research has shown in past drawings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    WA
    United States
    Member #122238
    January 27, 2012
    180 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2015, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Ever notice that certain number patterns occur in the lottery games you play?  There's a pattern that occur in the local Classic Lotto(6/49) game about 2% of the time and in MegaMillions about 2.7% of the time.  Actually 3 or 4 of the winning numbers fit the pattern 50% of the time but on those rare 2-2.7% of the time all the numbers follow this pattern. 

I'm getting a feeling this pattern is ready to repeat in one of the up coming MM drawings and so until MM is won I plan to play 15 lines where all the numbers fit this unique pattern and see what happens.  It takes discipline to play the numbers as they fall because if you come close to winning the temptation is to vary the pattern just a little in spite of what research has shown in past drawings.

Most of the time you will miss either one or two numbers. Patterns of numbers are not 100% accurate and also depending how they run. Wish you best of luck on your lines.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2015, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Well patterns aside, MM just passed the 75% cumulative probability sales threshold, so you may be onto something regarding its readiness for being hit!

I expect it to be won within the next 6-7 draws and may play if I can scrape together a cup of change. Good luck Wink

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4106 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2015, 12:50 am - IP Logged

My thing is with these so called " patterns". Why is it that a relative few are able to "connect them into a winning combination?" We had a $200 mil Asian jackpot winner from Northern California a few months back who picked his own numbers, l seriously doubt he was following patterns..

I say: Once the balls start spinning- patterns go out the window...

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
          Mcminnville, Oregon
          United States
          Member #3013
          December 13, 2003
          3047 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2015, 12:56 am - IP Logged

I would just like my million before my multi-draw ticket expires in febuary.  Come on big money no whammies!!!!!!!-weshar75

US Flag

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
            Hard Luck, Ak
            United States
            Member #23472
            October 13, 2005
            275 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2015, 3:59 am - IP Logged

I would just like my million before my multi-draw ticket expires in febuary.  Come on big money no whammies!!!!!!!-weshar75

US Flag

I Concur. I also have a multi-draw ticket that expires in February. Wouldn't it be nice to win before the ticket expires...Tell you what would be nice if we both had the the winning numbers on Tuesday. 103 million would be nice right about now. It would be a nice way to start out 2015.....matter of fact it would be a nice way to start out the rest of my life.

"As cool as the other side of the pillow!"

Stuart Scott (Rest in Peace)

"We make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give!"

Sir Winston ChurchillSun Smiley

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2657 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2015, 5:31 am - IP Logged

US Flag

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
                Member #146028
                August 22, 2013
                842 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2015, 6:29 am - IP Logged

RE: 6/49

What happens when the pattern you've come up with does not produce at least one (1) of the nightly winning numbers. This just happened the latter part of 2014. Is it time to modify the strategy ? I mean I try to have discipline but.......??

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19824 Posts
                  Posted: January 5, 2015, 10:48 am - IP Logged

RE: 6/49

What happens when the pattern you've come up with does not produce at least one (1) of the nightly winning numbers. This just happened the latter part of 2014. Is it time to modify the strategy ? I mean I try to have discipline but.......??

It's not unusual for the pattern to be there even when none of the winning numbers are, after all the pattern occurs 2-2.7% of the time even though no combination has ever repeated.  It's kinda like playing combinations that add up to certain sums in the number games, you can have the sum correct and not have anything close to winning number.

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40376 Posts
                    Posted: January 5, 2015, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

PartyWould be a nice birthday present.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

California
                      United States
                      Member #141204
                      April 7, 2013
                      280 Posts
                      Posted: January 5, 2015, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

good luck. Just buying a few tickets myself. 15 lines is too much for me.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                        Marquette, MI
                        United States
                        Member #20541
                        August 20, 2005
                        705 Posts
                        Posted: January 5, 2015, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Well patterns will occur but do they occur more than then they should according to statistics?

Are you saying the patterns happen more than they should??

Just as an example-

For a basic Even/Odd pattern you just use 2^N  where N is the number of balls drawn.

So for MMs first 5 balls that would be 2^5 which is 32.  So there would be 32 different even/odd patterns with all evens coming up 1/32 of the time and all odds coming up 1/32 of the time  (For that matter each of the 32 patterns should show up 1/32 of the time).

For arguments sake lets say that you are looking for all evens.  Are you noticing something like all evens showing up more than 1/32 of the time?

Is your pattern showing up more than it statistically should?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19824 Posts
                          Posted: January 5, 2015, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

good luck. Just buying a few tickets myself. 15 lines is too much for me.

*When I buy 15 lines with all 15 mega numbers, I get a dollar or more back for sure. Wink

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19824 Posts
                            Posted: January 5, 2015, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Well patterns will occur but do they occur more than then they should according to statistics?

Are you saying the patterns happen more than they should??

Just as an example-

For a basic Even/Odd pattern you just use 2^N  where N is the number of balls drawn.

So for MMs first 5 balls that would be 2^5 which is 32.  So there would be 32 different even/odd patterns with all evens coming up 1/32 of the time and all odds coming up 1/32 of the time  (For that matter each of the 32 patterns should show up 1/32 of the time).

For arguments sake lets say that you are looking for all evens.  Are you noticing something like all evens showing up more than 1/32 of the time?

Is your pattern showing up more than it statistically should?

The pattern I'm looking at doesn't consider even or odd numbers and statistically I assume patterns appear as they statistically should unless someone is manipulating the numbers and if that's the case statistics wouldn't matter

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #106134
                              February 13, 2011
                              806 Posts
                              Posted: January 5, 2015, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

It seems now that it's "too hard" to win.  I think the setup is in place for a billion $ jackpot!  I'd love to see that!