Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MegaMillions is ready to be won again

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 2 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 5 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
California
United States
Member #141204
April 7, 2013
280 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot has never been close to 1 billion. It's not going to get anywhere near 2 billion.

I'll take a measly quarter billion jackpot. Then I can have the satisfaction of knowing I beat 1 in 259 million odds Big Smile

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2015, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

i had 3 numbers last night. if i had another number 5K :((((((((((((

Thumbs Up congratulations on your hit. The best I've ever done in this unforgiving game is 3+1 in my 10 years of playing. That was in 2008. I got paid $150.

That money's gone fo ever

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
      Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1408 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2015, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up congratulations on your hit. The best I've ever done in this unforgiving game is 3+1 in my 10 years of playing. That was in 2008. I got paid $150.

In the first couple of weeks after the Texas Lotto kicked off, I hit four numbers, the first for $72 and the second for $58.  I was thinking "Man, this is easy!  I might make a livin' off this!"  I've hit a few 2+1 for various amounts since then, none more than $24.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
       - George Orwell

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
        USA
        United States
        Member #152799
        February 25, 2014
        1095 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2015, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

That's better than a lot of us. The best I have done in either MM or PB is 3 + 0 and that was several years ago.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2015, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

In the first couple of weeks after the Texas Lotto kicked off, I hit four numbers, the first for $72 and the second for $58.  I was thinking "Man, this is easy!  I might make a livin' off this!"  I've hit a few 2+1 for various amounts since then, none more than $24.

I am familiar with that feeling of the games looking easy. I am aiming for a 5+0 and by God I hope I remember to add the powerplay or megaplier when that day comes.

Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2015, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

That's better than a lot of us. The best I have done in either MM or PB is 3 + 0 and that was several years ago.

Lets hope that 2015 is the year we all smack around those 5+0 prizes like pinatas

United States
              Member #106134
              February 13, 2011
              806 Posts
              Posted: January 14, 2015, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Still no winner!  Give it a few months & we'll be calling this game Mega BILLIONS.

All players are cursed by "Can't win"

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                Member #52345
                May 21, 2007
                2680 Posts
                Posted: January 14, 2015, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Still no winner!  Give it a few months & we'll be calling this game Mega BILLIONS.

All players are cursed by "Can't win"

Cheers

heres to the first instant Billionaire and the insanity that will follow the lucky or poor SOBs who ever they be

United States
                  Member #106134
                  February 13, 2011
                  806 Posts
                  Posted: January 14, 2015, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Cheers

heres to the first instant Billionaire and the insanity that will follow the lucky or poor SOBs who ever they be

The hype always dies over time.  Yeah I remember the that old Gloria lady from Florida, for about 15 minutes she was more famous than Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, but now if you brought up her name most people would be like "Gloria who?"

As long as you aren't doing crazy things like Jack Whitaker and David Lee Edwards, you'll be completely forgotten with a year.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                    Member #52345
                    May 21, 2007
                    2680 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2015, 11:32 am - IP Logged

The hype always dies over time.  Yeah I remember the that old Gloria lady from Florida, for about 15 minutes she was more famous than Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, but now if you brought up her name most people would be like "Gloria who?"

As long as you aren't doing crazy things like Jack Whitaker and David Lee Edwards, you'll be completely forgotten with a year.

the craziest thing I'd probably do is,

take a 90s extended cab 4 door ford ranger pickup & convert it into an EV Big Grin

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19901 Posts
                      Posted: January 14, 2015, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

With six 5+0 winners it can't be long before one of them is a 5+1 winner. Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                        Happyland
                        United States
                        Member #146344
                        September 1, 2013
                        1131 Posts
                        Posted: January 14, 2015, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

With six 5+0 winners it can't be long before one of them is a 5+1 winner. Wink

You're right Thumbs Up This Friday will be the 4th roll in my prediction, so I expect it to only last another 2 more or so beyond that (if any).

We're getting close to the 90th percentile, where each additional rollover becomes less and less cumulatively likely.

I'm still holding out but may snag a ticket if it rolls again Friday and the weather is nice.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                          JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                          Member #141034
                          April 2, 2013
                          1419 Posts
                          Posted: January 14, 2015, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

USAMega also has that information. Wink

Not exactly. USAMEGA has the powerplay winners info but not the megaplier winners info. The OP was wondering  where that info could be found. If you have the link, feel free to share or point out that omission to the Chief.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                            Member #162631
                            January 7, 2015
                            538 Posts
                            Posted: January 14, 2015, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Ever notice that certain number patterns occur in the lottery games you play?  There's a pattern that occur in the local Classic Lotto(6/49) game about 2% of the time and in MegaMillions about 2.7% of the time.  Actually 3 or 4 of the winning numbers fit the pattern 50% of the time but on those rare 2-2.7% of the time all the numbers follow this pattern. 

I'm getting a feeling this pattern is ready to repeat in one of the up coming MM drawings and so until MM is won I plan to play 15 lines where all the numbers fit this unique pattern and see what happens.  It takes discipline to play the numbers as they fall because if you come close to winning the temptation is to vary the pattern just a little in spite of what research has shown in past drawings.

Mr. RJoh,

I think it takes one heck of a lot more discipline to select a number and play it forever.
                            You're never going to spend more money on lotto, than the prize, should you (or shouldn't you) hit it.

But, the people who thrive on seeing you (and me for that matter), continue to lose, will forever be shut up, when you do hit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19901 Posts
                              Posted: January 14, 2015, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Mr. RJoh,

I think it takes one heck of a lot more discipline to select a number and play it forever.
                              You're never going to spend more money on lotto, than the prize, should you (or shouldn't you) hit it.

But, the people who thrive on seeing you (and me for that matter), continue to lose, will forever be shut up, when you do hit.

You don't have to be so formal, RJ will do fine. Big Smile

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking