Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TLC's The Lottery Changed My Life

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lejardin.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
Member #118609
November 4, 2011
931 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2015, 10:26 am - IP Logged

TypeI'm sure they are trying thar best to find new all day suckers

So I guess we can take that as you would never be profiled on one of those shows nor watch them?   Lol.  Lurking

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4104 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2015, 11:24 am - IP Logged

There used to be about 8 full episodes on Youtube but they were removed a couple of months back.

Removed because some people have pushed the TV program Higher ups in the direction that they  rather see Disney figurines, Wrestling & Gay Couples House Hunting. It seems that the TV landscape has changed.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
      Member #118609
      November 4, 2011
      931 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2015, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Removed because some people have pushed the TV program Higher ups in the direction that they  rather see Disney figurines, Wrestling & Gay Couples House Hunting. It seems that the TV landscape has changed.

i am so tired of those shows being shoved in my face I am now reduced to a handful of channels.  I am back to watching the shows from the 1960's and '70's when I grew up.   Never could understand how my mother used to watch all the reruns but I sure do now.  Cable is almost going to be gone and tv too.  Very sad.

Galloway, Ohio
        United States
        Member #163255
        January 24, 2015
        309 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2015, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Where do I look to find your predictions?  I am a newbie but I live in Ohio.  Do you post for that State?  Thanks

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2015, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            604 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2015, 12:10 am - IP Logged

Now now, in a democratic country gay people are allowed to be over-sharing attention whores too!PokeWink

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
              Gurnee, Illinois
              United States
              Member #49731
              February 12, 2007
              917 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2015, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I too, wish they would make more episodes.  Love to watch the shows but in no way would I go on them!  The only shows like The Lottery Changed My Life was when someone posted last week that HGTV had two lottery winners looking for new homes.  It was two half hour shows and have not been replayed yet.  Dont know if there will be more in the future.

The house that California guy who won nearly $188 million was boss in a way, though I did not like the woodsy touches. I also recall that he had said the top end budget would be about $3 million but then purchased house that exceeded that by $2 million. Then to top it off, he purchased the land above and below his. I would say he has already blown his budget. Sure hopes he figures out a way to make that property bring him some income because property taxes will surely eat away at his remaining wealth.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                Gurnee, Illinois
                United States
                Member #49731
                February 12, 2007
                917 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2015, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I too, wish they would make more episodes.  Love to watch the shows but in no way would I go on them!  The only shows like The Lottery Changed My Life was when someone posted last week that HGTV had two lottery winners looking for new homes.  It was two half hour shows and have not been replayed yet.  Dont know if there will be more in the future.

The other winner spent about 10 percent of pre-tax lottery winnings on a house. I think I would have sold my current house, moved eastward from California to either Texas or Florida, and then purchased a housing unit in a college town.  But they all have bank accounts bigger than mine since my pay was delayed but my bills hit right on time...first time I ever had a negative balance. I think I should turn to Gofundme since that seems to be the thing to do when bad things happen to good people. What do you think?

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

United States
                  Member #118609
                  November 4, 2011
                  931 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2015, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

The house that California guy who won nearly $188 million was boss in a way, though I did not like the woodsy touches. I also recall that he had said the top end budget would be about $3 million but then purchased house that exceeded that by $2 million. Then to top it off, he purchased the land above and below his. I would say he has already blown his budget. Sure hopes he figures out a way to make that property bring him some income because property taxes will surely eat away at his remaining wealth.

Being a native Californian, I cant afford living there any longer and it breaks my heart. IMO the liberal lunes have absolutely destroyed that state.

There used to be a proposition years ago that if you were grandfathered in with your house your property taxes could not be raised and it was wonderful, then the politicians got ahold of it and Poof!

The home the winners bought along with the other parcels was great, with that much land and I think he also bought the cattle, he could lease some acreage for other cattle owners?  I like that it was in the mountains and remote but that is just me, living like that is certainly not for everyone.

For his budget, yea he almost doubled it plus.  I would like to think I would find the great location with acreage and a dump of a house and renovate but knowing you had millions it would be hard not to look at brand new homes with higher $$$ tag. 

If I recall $188 million was a net of about $100 million?

United States
                    Member #118609
                    November 4, 2011
                    931 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2015, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

i was just thinking of the Hotel Millionaire, James Gadske (sp).  Cant remember where he was from but his whole life was pretty much exposed on the show.  He did have his friend looking out for him but I wonder how many people caught up with him to ask for money and if he was able to say No.  Sure hope he still has his millions, his story was REAL.  From penniless to millionaire, just the story I love to see.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                      United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3854 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2015, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

LCML is usually on TLC if you have DISCF  channel check your guide for this coming Sun. at 0100hrs. mine shows a few episodes,

reruns as you might expect.

I think both channels are run by the same outfit.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: March 21, 2015, 11:15 am - IP Logged

LCML is usually on TLC if you have DISCF  channel check your guide for this coming Sun. at 0100hrs. mine shows a few episodes,

reruns as you might expect.

I think both channels are run by the same outfit.

Correction, make that 0200 to 0500 hrs.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3854 Posts
                          Posted: March 21, 2015, 11:16 am - IP Logged

i was just thinking of the Hotel Millionaire, James Gadske (sp).  Cant remember where he was from but his whole life was pretty much exposed on the show.  He did have his friend looking out for him but I wonder how many people caught up with him to ask for money and if he was able to say No.  Sure hope he still has his millions, his story was REAL.  From penniless to millionaire, just the story I love to see.

Chicago area.

Ga
                            United States
                            Member #120454
                            December 20, 2011
                            141 Posts
                            Posted: March 21, 2015, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Any news on new episodes? I would never go on it, but I'm curious to see new winners, although updates on previous winners would be more interesting.

wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #130754
                              July 23, 2012
                              198 Posts
                              Posted: March 21, 2015, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I honestly hope his "friend" is truly looking out for him and is not taking advantage of him. I see that he took the annuity and will continue to receive payments untill he reaches 70.