Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TLC's The Lottery Changed My Life

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lejardin.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3857 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2015, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

More reruns,

Sat. 4/18/15 0900 hours eastern LCML 3

1000 hours Leroy...need I say more ?

1100 hours Workaholic millionaires.

1200 hours Janitor millionaire.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    1076 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2015, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

More reruns,

Thanks Haymaker.

Leroy, oh noooooo hahahaha

United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3857 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2015, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

i am so tired of those shows being shoved in my face I am now reduced to a handful of channels.  I am back to watching the shows from the 1960's and '70's when I grew up.   Never could understand how my mother used to watch all the reruns but I sure do now.  Cable is almost going to be gone and tv too.  Very sad.

Yea, same here, I get a channel called METV, I get it on satelite but I think it's an OTA station.

It has shows like Emergency, Chips, Rockford files and others, it's like a TV version of an oldies radio station.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1552 Posts
        Posted: April 17, 2015, 7:50 am - IP Logged

lejardin,  Thank You for the heads up.  I went to www.tlc.com/schedule  I scrolled over to Sat.4/18 and found the Pacific Coast time 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. . 

Leroy Fink ! What a funny guy.

United States
          Member #118609
          November 4, 2011
          1076 Posts
          Posted: April 17, 2015, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

lejardin,  Thank You for the heads up.  I went to www.tlc.com/schedule  I scrolled over to Sat.4/18 and found the Pacific Coast time 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. . 

Leroy Fink ! What a funny guy.

Hi Music:  Haymaker caught the schedule for saturday's showing this time.  But I am glad you were able to find TLC's schedule.  It seems I cant pull up the schedule, it showed it in beta and my antique ipad wouldnt load it lol.  I think between us all, we will keep tracks of the upcoming shows.  Yes, I too, am on PST just wish I was much much more south lol.

Lol, Leroy......I dont know what to say.  What is your favorite LCML episode?

United States
            Member #118609
            November 4, 2011
            1076 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2015, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Yea, same here, I get a channel called METV, I get it on satelite but I think it's an OTA station.

It has shows like Emergency, Chips, Rockford files and others, it's like a TV version of an oldies radio station.

Hi Haymaker:

Just found a new channel like the METV, called "Antenna"  have you seen it?  it is OTA.   It has Betwitched, Dobie Gillis, Patty Duke, Father Knows Best, Dennis the Menace so far that I have seen.   Lol, they are old, good shows, sure beats the garbage on cable.  Although there is still a handfull of shows on cable I watch but think soon I will give them up too and save a cable bill.  I keep waiting for Laugh In to come on.  I loved that show hahaha. Maybe Magnum P.I. so I will keep watching to see what comes on.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
              Happy California
              United States
              Member #157856
              August 2, 2014
              1552 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2015, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I have never seen the LCML episode about David Lee Edwards.  I do enjoy the ones with Abraham Lee Shakespeare.   Both stories are sad and teachable lessons.  I will definitely enjoy Saturday morning.See Ya!

United States
                Member #118609
                November 4, 2011
                1076 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2015, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

I have never seen the LCML episode about David Lee Edwards.  I do enjoy the ones with Abraham Lee Shakespeare.   Both stories are sad and teachable lessons.  I will definitely enjoy Saturday morning.See Ya!

you know I cant recall reruns of David Lee Edwards and I dont know why. 

Both David Lee Edwards and Abraham Shakespeare are tragic stories. 

Someone commented that they thought all of Mr. Edwards problems began with his wife and her drug problems.  In retrospect, I had to agree as David had planned to invest and did place his money in investments, hired a financial planner, etc.  That financial planner made a couple of statements after David passed and said had he put the principle in investments as advised,  approx. $25 mil he could have been living off $80,000 a MONTH.  How different his life could have been and I find that so tragic.  There was NO money left for his daughter, nothing left in the end.

Yes, looking forward to seeing the shows tomorrow and dreaming what ifs lol.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2680 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2015, 8:42 am - IP Logged

Someone commented that they thought all of Mr. Edwards problems began with his wife and her drug problems.  In retrospect, I had to agree as David had planned to invest and did place his money in investments, hired a financial planner, etc.  That financial planner made a couple of statements after David passed and said had he put the principle in investments as advised,  approx. $25 mil he could have been living off $80,000 a MONTH.  How different his life could have been and I find that so tragic.  There was NO money left for his daughter, nothing left in the end.

Skeptical as I recall BOTH David and his S.O. at the time both had thar drug problems

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    51255 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2015, 9:15 am - IP Logged

More reruns,

Thanks for the heads up....

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3857 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2015, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the heads up....

You're welcome.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3857 Posts
                        Posted: April 18, 2015, 10:10 am - IP Logged

I can't either, I think his story was on another show, don't recall the title.

It was on a different channel that was like a Hollwood tabloid type channel, that is also not memorable.

Yea, the drugs are bad news, seen a lot of people lose that battle.

He had a drug problem before lottery/ wife, if anything she just restarted it.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6305 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2015, 10:19 am - IP Logged

I can't either, I think his story was on another show, don't recall the title.

It was on a different channel that was like a Hollwood tabloid type channel, that is also not memorable.

Yea, the drugs are bad news, seen a lot of people lose that battle.

He had a drug problem before lottery/ wife, if anything she just restarted it.

I believe it was on E(Entertainment) channel.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                            Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #56506
                            November 21, 2007
                            6537 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2015, 10:20 am - IP Logged

I believe it was on E(Entertainment) channel.

Yeah isn't it called E! Investigates Curse of the Lottery?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                              Member #133462
                              September 30, 2012
                              5946 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2015, 10:23 am - IP Logged

My favorite part of the Fick segment is watching the Etiquette teacher struggle to find positive things about those two clowns without making himself look as stupid as they are or offending his clients with brutal honesty.

"Everything works  ONCE!"