Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TLC's The Lottery Changed My Life

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lejardin.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
Whiskey Island
United States
Member #90216
April 24, 2010
12742 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2015, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Has Richard Lustig appeared on the show?

We hope not !!!!

lottojim's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Cincinnati
    United States
    Member #150442
    December 22, 2013
    105 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2015, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Yes he has.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
      Member #133462
      September 30, 2012
      5946 Posts
      Posted: April 29, 2015, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

We hope not !!!!

Lol! Come to think of it, I haven't heard much about him lately. I guess he doesn't make his rounds until the JP is in record breaking territory.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

homestead
        United States
        Member #158182
        August 14, 2014
        132 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2015, 4:39 am - IP Logged

Lol! Come to think of it, I haven't heard much about him lately. I guess he doesn't make his rounds until the JP is in record breaking territory.

Do not be surprised if Mr. Lustig plays Cash-3, of which his winnings are not publicised. And he can afford to buy a ton of tickets with the same numbers straight. If he does win from that game, I could see him actually having more that $1 Million in his bank account. He talks about all the other Lottery games except Cash-3 and Play-4 Lotto respectively...

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2015, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I only got around to the Leroy episode last night, LOL

I'll never figure out why he rented a motel room to store his junk from a pawn shop,

when his new house had an empty basement except for a toilet that wasn't connected.

However the 2nd half featured the Owen family from Idaho, I liked that they used winnings to pay off big medical debt.

Then they bought a bar/restaurant called "That Place" in Buhl city ID.

I looked up the address (1003 main street + Broadway) on Google street view and now it's called Garibaldi's Mexican,

maybe they changed name or found that the restaurant business is a tough deal.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
            USA
            United States
            Member #152799
            February 25, 2014
            1092 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2015, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I only got around to the Leroy episode last night, LOL

I'll never figure out why he rented a motel room to store his junk from a pawn shop,

when his new house had an empty basement except for a toilet that wasn't connected.

However the 2nd half featured the Owen family from Idaho, I liked that they used winnings to pay off big medical debt.

Then they bought a bar/restaurant called "That Place" in Buhl city ID.

I looked up the address (1003 main street + Broadway) on Google street view and now it's called Garibaldi's Mexican,

maybe they changed name or found that the restaurant business is a tough deal.

I remember seeing the episode about the restaurant called "That one place"  as that is where the son had his proposal party. It's a shame that it closed up in 2013. The previous two restaurants didn't last long either.

Hard to imagine what life is now like for the Owen family as they sunk quite a bit of money into that business. I do hope the son is still married.

New York
              United States
              Member #156870
              July 2, 2014
              80 Posts
              Posted: May 12, 2015, 12:15 am - IP Logged

can anybody tell me where can i watch this show? it was deleted from youtube

United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3856 Posts
                Posted: May 12, 2015, 7:23 am - IP Logged

The Learning channel = TLC

Discovery Family = DISCF

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                  Member #118609
                  November 4, 2011
                  935 Posts
                  Posted: May 12, 2015, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Keep checking back to this thread as several of us try to keep on top of when the shows are rerun and post it here for others.  Just a fyi, they are not making any new shows.  I think that last year they profiled anyone was 2011?

New York
                    United States
                    Member #156870
                    July 2, 2014
                    80 Posts
                    Posted: May 12, 2015, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

The Learning channel = TLC

Discovery Family = DISCF

Looks like I need a TV to watch it? Is it possible to watch it on Internet?

United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: May 13, 2015, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

It's on Discovery Family w/a slightly different title, now called Still Lucky: Lottery.

Have it on right now, Island Dreamers and doctor threatened.

Next, Millionaire janitor, followed by Country Millionaire, then Island and Janitor repeat.

Looks like these may be the update shows some where hoping for.

An ad said 5/27 on DISCF channel.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: May 13, 2015, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Looks like I need a TV to watch it? Is it possible to watch it on Internet?

Far as I know youtube has small segments and that's all.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                          Member #118609
                          November 4, 2011
                          935 Posts
                          Posted: May 13, 2015, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

It's on Discovery Family w/a slightly different title, now called Still Lucky: Lottery.

Have it on right now, Island Dreamers and doctor threatened.

Next, Millionaire janitor, followed by Country Millionaire, then Island and Janitor repeat.

Looks like these may be the update shows some where hoping for.

An ad said 5/27 on DISCF channel.

Thanks for that info, I usually always check the Discovery channel but sure missed  it. So is Discovery and Discovery Family different channels?

Going to keep watch for the 27th.

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3856 Posts
                            Posted: May 16, 2015, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for that info, I usually always check the Discovery channel but sure missed  it. So is Discovery and Discovery Family different channels?

Going to keep watch for the 27th.

Discovery Family is a lower tier channel than Discovery, I never knew I had it until I cut down my (bill) package.

I think it's primarily for your kids, lot of (lame) cartoons and stuff.

Yea, I be checking on the 27th also.

Arizona
                              United States
                              Member #165073
                              March 24, 2015
                              220 Posts
                              Posted: May 16, 2015, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Discovery Family is a lower tier channel than Discovery, I never knew I had it until I cut down my (bill) package.

I think it's primarily for your kids, lot of (lame) cartoons and stuff.

Yea, I be checking on the 27th also.

About five years back, Hasbro (the toy company) teamed up with Discovery to start a new channel called "the Hub", whose primary purpose was to show Hasbro's half-hour-toy-commercial cartoons. Last year, Discovery bought out Hasbro's share and rebranded it as "Discovery Family". It still shows a bunch of the cartoons, but they've also added other stuff like this show.