Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

whats the first thing u would do? or purchase? if u won a 100 million dollars or more

Topic closed. 136 replies. Last post 1 year ago by lejardin.

Page 3 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5603 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2015, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

If I won 100 million, I would go on LP and ask everyone what they would do if they won 100 million.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
    nc
    United States
    Member #99520
    October 26, 2010
    375 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2015, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

If I won 100 million, I would go on LP and ask everyone what they would do if they won 100 million.

Green laugh

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
      Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1279 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2015, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

LOL

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
        Member #164727
        March 12, 2015
        2526 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2015, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

i  dont  know

I would go into shock and collapse. If I end up living Las Vegas will be first on my list.

Clubpulse1's avatar - 1zyelco
          Raleigh, NC
          United States
          Member #130282
          July 10, 2012
          4792 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2015, 12:13 am - IP Logged

1. Thank God!
          2. Debt Free
          3. Living Will
          4. Annuity, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Stocks
          5. Start Several Businesses
          6. 501(c)3 Non-Profit
          7. Live off the Interest

GOOD LUCK AND LET'S GET THIS MONEY!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
            Member #142499
            May 13, 2013
            1183 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2015, 12:28 am - IP Logged

This will be my first purchase.

Be careful, that looks very much like the chairs they had in the Wall-E movie. They were so comfortable no one wanted leave them even by standing.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
              Member #142499
              May 13, 2013
              1183 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2015, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I might buy an island.

I remember watching an episode of cribs.  A show about rich lucky dumba$$es.

And Richard Branson, was crapping on his island in this episode.  He even had a hot

"pop" singer chick with him.  (If I remember correctly)

So If I won 100 million dollars, the first thing I would  is  buy a secluded island to crap on and a hot singer chick to serenade

that crap.  After that deep movement I will rent a Thailand crabbing boat, and we all can go crabbing and shrimping!!

But from experience, don't endeavor to eat the shrimp with visible crap.

It was Mariah Carey. Don't wish for her, she's too high maintenance.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Bronx, NY
                United States
                Member #164554
                March 6, 2015
                795 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2015, 12:43 am - IP Logged

First I would thank GoD and donate money to the church. Than I would leave with my kids to Disney World spend two weeks than come back and and deal with all the things I have to deal with after you win.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2659 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2015, 5:55 am - IP Logged

1. Thank God!
                  2. Debt Free
                  3. Living Will
                  4. Annuity, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Stocks
                  5. Start Several Businesses
                  6. 501(c)3 Non-Profit
                  7. Live off the Interest

1. debt free
                  2. living will
                  3. annuities,stocks and other related nonsense
                  4. starts a few smallish businesses
                  5. live quietly and hide from the media

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    884 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2015, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I bought a lotto max ticket, for tonight in Canada.. The jackpot is up to $26 million, I think, I am not quite sure!

I was unsure where to buy the ticket,  at a grocery store or at a pharmacy, drug store! So, i purchased it at the drug store.. And after i bought it, questioned, myself, whether, it was a good decision or not?!

If I won alot of money, I'd buy a house, and maybe adopt some animal's..And donate to animal shelter's and different place's as well!

Elizabeth:

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                      Member #118609
                      November 4, 2011
                      935 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2015, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I bought a lotto max ticket, for tonight in Canada.. The jackpot is up to $26 million, I think, I am not quite sure!

I was unsure where to buy the ticket,  at a grocery store or at a pharmacy, drug store! So, i purchased it at the drug store.. And after i bought it, questioned, myself, whether, it was a good decision or not?!

If I won alot of money, I'd buy a house, and maybe adopt some animal's..And donate to animal shelter's and different place's as well!

Elizabeth:

In my opinion I doubt where you buy your ticket matters.  Its getting the right numbers.

Good plans, adopt a few pets and donate to animal shelters.  I wish you the best of luck on winning!  $26 million would be great, especially winning in Canada, you dont have to pay ANY taxes.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                        TX
                        United States
                        Member #121193
                        January 4, 2012
                        1637 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2015, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

1. Assemble legal team ( Atty, CPA, Investment Team)
                        2. Collect winnings as a trust with Lawyer as spokes person and collector.
                        3. Pay off mortgage and spend an extra $10K on goodies for the house.
                        4. Get the War Dept.( aka the Mrs.) new SUV.
                        5. Establish investments and get the family "will" set up to ensure proper disposal upon death.

6. Pay off any known or unknown student loans in immediate family.
                        7. Give 2 family members financial assistance up to the allowed legal gift amount for 2015.
                        8. Give immediate family members allowed legal gift amount for 2015.
                        9. Search for new residence to be built or purchase existing one that meets expectations in a private gated community.
                        10. Rent RV and travel to various parks throughout the country for a few months.
                        11. Make charitable contributions to various non profits( Vets/Food Pantry/Animal Shelter/H.S extra-curricular activities and other personally chosen charities)
                        12. Take vacation from winning jackpot and getting all the above mentioned completed !!!

The End    Big Smile

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                          Nova Scotia
                          Canada
                          Member #9934
                          December 27, 2004
                          884 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2015, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Thank you lejardin, I want to move out of where I live too. I need a change of scenery, very much. It is great that we don't have to pay taxes on the Canada lottery.

Hope you win the money you want and need as well!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                            Texas Panhandle
                            United States
                            Member #136843
                            December 20, 2012
                            1279 Posts
                            Posted: August 28, 2015, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

1. Assemble legal team ( Atty, CPA, Investment Team)
                            2. Collect winnings as a trust with Lawyer as spokes person and collector.
                            3. Pay off mortgage and spend an extra $10K on goodies for the house.
                            4. Get the War Dept.( aka the Mrs.) new SUV.
                            5. Establish investments and get the family "will" set up to ensure proper disposal upon death.

6. Pay off any known or unknown student loans in immediate family.
                            7. Give 2 family members financial assistance up to the allowed legal gift amount for 2015.
                            8. Give immediate family members allowed legal gift amount for 2015.
                            9. Search for new residence to be built or purchase existing one that meets expectations in a private gated community.
                            10. Rent RV and travel to various parks throughout the country for a few months.
                            11. Make charitable contributions to various non profits( Vets/Food Pantry/Animal Shelter/H.S extra-curricular activities and other personally chosen charities)
                            12. Take vacation from winning jackpot and getting all the above mentioned completed !!!

The End    Big Smile

Sounds like a plan and very similar to what I would do...except I don't have a "War Dept." in my cabinet. (just some old spices and such and an ancient bottle of Courvoisier )  I also don't have a mortgage and my old shack ain't worth putting 10 grand into it, so I will buy my small ranch with live water and ponds (one example) I've always wanted, the first thing I would buy.   I'd like to have about 25 females live on my ranch with me...I'm sure they'd "flock" to me since I had all that money.

One good thing about being married (not that there aren't other good things) is that you and the missus can give someone $28k/yr. tax free.   I don't have children*, so I would want to give some money to my nieces and nephews and their families.   There's 14 of them, though, and that would total  $196k/yr., not counting a few other people I'd want to help out.  Still, with no wife or kids to "help" me spend my new-found fortune, I could keep that up for quite a few years, prob. through the rest of my life.

There's not many "toys" I'd want - I have always wanted a BMW and would love to have a Ural sidecar motorcycle. (I'm a little too old to be layin' down a Harley)   I'd probably also keep the UPS driver busy, what with many deliveries from Amazon and other mail order companies.

*I don't have children because a long time ago the doctor advised me to not have any. 

I'm too small in the hips.

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
                              Member #167255
                              July 2, 2015
                              102 Posts
                              Posted: August 28, 2015, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Candy-Lane,   You plan on not telling any of your underage household members. But you say you will hold a party for the rest of your household members. How can you keep it a secret from your young ones when there is a party happening where the children live ? All it takes is for one person talking to them . 

Good Luck !!!

Hi Music,

How can I keep it a secret from any young children that may reside in my home? Easy. The grownups in my home...we're tight! I don't have to worry, they wouldn't tell another living soul. We would never speak about it. We wouldn't have to.

And as for any underage wondering "what are we celebrating?"  We could turn it into an end of summer celebration,  Halloween, or Thanksgiving or, nothing at all. Some people in my household don't need or ask why we are all hanging out having fun together in party mode. - They are happy to go with the flow!

Thanks for asking and good luck to you too!

Page 3 of 10