Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

whats the first thing u would do? or purchase? if u won a 100 million dollars or more

Topic closed. 136 replies. Last post 1 year ago by lejardin.

Page 8 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23351 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2015, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I would start my own lottery forum, that has the option to block private messages and forum posts for free!

I hope you win the lottery then, because you will discover for yourself all the difficulties of running your own forums.

By the way, any free member (including you) can block private messages from any individual.  But naturally people who pay to support the site get features that free members do not.  Or are you suggesting that people who pay to support the site should basically not get anything?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1385 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2015, 11:42 am - IP Logged

I don't think that makes you suspicious. I think that makes you smart. If anyone watched channel ID for more than 2 hours, they'd think that way too. My mother drilled into me by the age of 15 to never tell anyone you're leaving them anything, so when I started playing the lottery a few years ago, one of the things I decided to make clear was that everything goes to charities on my death or if I went missing for more than a year. The Dee Dee Moores of the world would know that killing me would be of no benefit to them.

I hate being suspicious about everything and nearly everyone, but these days it's a necessary survival tactic in this cruel old world. It would be even worse if you won the lottery;  then you'd not only have to worry about people harming you for your money, but people bilking you out of it and worst yet, your family caring more about the money than you.

Poor (figuratively) ol' Abraham Shakespeare;  Moore took advantage of him mainly because he had no good close friends or family support system around him.  Rest his soul, he also wasn't smart enough to recognize a con artist, either.   I doubt you or I or most others in here will have those problems.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #104962
      January 23, 2011
      1075 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2015, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

I hope you win the lottery then, because you will discover for yourself all the difficulties of running your own forums.

By the way, any free member (including you) can block private messages from any individual.  But naturally people who pay to support the site get features that free members do not.  Or are you suggesting that people who pay to support the site should basically not get anything?

No need to get all offended.  I know private messages can be blocked,  but the forum messages are not!  I never get harassed through instant message, not once.  I have 23 people on my block list.  If a person wants to ignore people the price is 44.55 for gold, or 71.55 for platinum, honestly that is real hefty to ignore forum messages.  No offense but I have never been on a forum that charged to ignore people!

Again no reason to take things out of context, I never mentioned people that support the site shouldn't get anything, where did that come from!? 

As for my own forum, depending on what platform a person uses it can be difficult, moderately difficult, it is hard to guess ones abilities without knowing the person.  Like I tried to mention before, the name of the topic is what?  Keeping in mind none of us are going to win a major jackpot, so my comments were just thoughts.  Everyone chillSmile

Trump 2016!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2679 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2015, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

No need to get all offended.  I know private messages can be blocked,  but the forum messages are not!  I never get harassed through instant message, not once.  I have 23 people on my block list.  If a person wants to ignore people the price is 44.55 for gold, or 71.55 for platinum, honestly that is real hefty to ignore forum messages.  No offense but I have never been on a forum that charged to ignore people!

Again no reason to take things out of context, I never mentioned people that support the site shouldn't get anything, where did that come from!? 

As for my own forum, depending on what platform a person uses it can be difficult, moderately difficult, it is hard to guess ones abilities without knowing the person.  Like I tried to mention before, the name of the topic is what?  Keeping in mind none of us are going to win a major jackpot, so my comments were just thoughts.  Everyone chillSmile

Bed

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
          Oregon
          United States
          Member #168137
          August 17, 2015
          125 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2015, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I would get the horse and hay ranch down the road I have been lusting after since it was built over a decade ago. It's my wildest dreams come true, and already built just how I'd have done it. I don't think I could move my horses in soon enough!

The 5 of them wouldn't know what to do with themselves (besides doing a lot of eating and being supremely pampered) with such nice stalls, lush green pasture, and hundreds of acres for us to now be able to roam.

And my stallion would be excited because I would get him some pretty new "girlfriends" for next spring :)

To put it simply, my horse habit is what fuels my lottery day dreaming. I'd ultimately use it to pay off the property and facility and invest in some great horses and start a small breeding and training operation, and have a huge chunk of money collecting interest somewhere to continuously fund my small horse operation.. and spoil my family and friends and have some super nice horses we would have had a much harder time justifying paying for before the lottery! 

(And we would probably have overly stuffed tackrooms and torture our horses with shiny things, good smelling things, and colorful things!)

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4960 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2015, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

There has to be consideration (something of value given by one party...an exchange) in order to have a legally binding contract.

J'aime La France.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4960 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2015, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I would get the horse and hay ranch down the road I have been lusting after since it was built over a decade ago. It's my wildest dreams come true, and already built just how I'd have done it. I don't think I could move my horses in soon enough!

The 5 of them wouldn't know what to do with themselves (besides doing a lot of eating and being supremely pampered) with such nice stalls, lush green pasture, and hundreds of acres for us to now be able to roam.

And my stallion would be excited because I would get him some pretty new "girlfriends" for next spring :)

To put it simply, my horse habit is what fuels my lottery day dreaming. I'd ultimately use it to pay off the property and facility and invest in some great horses and start a small breeding and training operation, and have a huge chunk of money collecting interest somewhere to continuously fund my small horse operation.. and spoil my family and friends and have some super nice horses we would have had a much harder time justifying paying for before the lottery! 

(And we would probably have overly stuffed tackrooms and torture our horses with shiny things, good smelling things, and colorful things!)

Such a colorful and vivid description!  I can see those pretty horses now.

J'aime La France.

Baton Rouge, LA
                United States
                Member #4602
                May 7, 2004
                700 Posts
                Posted: September 20, 2015, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

First thing I'd do is lock up the ticket for safe keeping.
                Second thing is establish a legal and financial team to handle protecting my assets, investing, taxes, etc.
                Third is have an attorney claim as a trust, to make it harder to fine me.
                Fourth is once the money is coming in, quit my job.
                Fifth is pay off all debts.
                Sixth is a new house.
                Seventh is maybe a new car, but nothing too extravagant, like a Camry, Accord, or something like that.
                Eighth is take a long vacation for me and my wife.

After all the fun, I have to find something to do with the rest of my life, so I'd probably volunteer in community, like in a hospital or something like that, to keep my grounded and so I'd have a "job" to go to that I would enjoy and be helping others.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                  Member #71120
                  February 19, 2009
                  1209 Posts
                  Posted: September 20, 2015, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Move to Alabama where my sister is, on the lake ,build a lake pull up house,make biscuits for fisherman,sell bait,beer,sandwiches,laugh the day away with her.I dont want material things.Ive lost her for so many years,she is all I need.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                    Member #118609
                    November 4, 2011
                    1067 Posts
                    Posted: September 20, 2015, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Move to Alabama where my sister is, on the lake ,build a lake pull up house,make biscuits for fisherman,sell bait,beer,sandwiches,laugh the day away with her.I dont want material things.Ive lost her for so many years,she is all I need.

What a nice thing to say about your sister, congratulations to finding your loved one.

What is a lake pull up house?  And the reason for biscuits for fisherman?  Just to be nice and something to do?  Please excuse me for being clueless lol.  Speaking of biscuits, biscuits and gravy sounds good about now : >)

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                      Member #71120
                      February 19, 2009
                      1209 Posts
                      Posted: September 20, 2015, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Lake Guntersville Alabama is so beautiful.She lives there in housing,living day to day to get her next piece of bread.I got her a Iphone.You would have thought she hit the lottery,she started crying.Now we can talk and text,she uses the internet on it...yea Biscuits and country ham to all those fisherman driving by,they could pull up to the house for a bite to eat,hot coffee,dock their boats.Take a break and use the restroom.Thats my dream......Thank You for the kind words lejardin.We got so much to catch up on....................My dad just passed,the aunt and step mom stole our inheritance,long story.....but they did.and thats ok we found each other so we are both rich.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        42023 Posts
                        Posted: September 20, 2015, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Season Tickets to the Red Wings. Party

HyperBe Happy.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          42023 Posts
                          Posted: September 20, 2015, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

I might also send money to some random person in New York, lol Big Grin Angel

HyperBe Happy.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                            Lavender Rocket

United States
                            Member #124616
                            March 16, 2012
                            2642 Posts
                            Posted: September 21, 2015, 4:53 am - IP Logged

I might also send money to some random person in New York, lol Big Grin Angel

How about some random person in Rhode Island (typing whilst jumping up and down and shouting "ME ME - pick me")

Fremont
                              United States
                              Member #168755
                              September 15, 2015
                              9 Posts
                              Posted: September 21, 2015, 11:55 am - IP Logged

First thing is to hire an accountant,  or legal person to help me navigate this.   I have read and seen too many times when people just succumb to the money and are dead ass broke in a few years.

The Plan:

1). Figure out all the taxes and how much I will get. Form an LLC or some other tax shelter.

2). Pay out all debts. Then get credit cards that provide great rewards.  Pay off balances monthly.

3). Invest so that my money will grow.  Some aggressive, but mostly moderate growth. 

4). Help people. Build something in the Philippines;  a school. 

5). Travel and be happy.

Simple plan. 

wCm

Page 8 of 10