Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

whats the first thing u would do? or purchase? if u won a 100 million dollars or more

Topic closed. 136 replies. Last post 1 year ago by lejardin.

Page 4 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2015, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Definitely  NOT doing.. 

Image result for canoeing over waterfalls Or This... Image result for man putting head in lion's mouth If l won.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
    Member #167255
    July 2, 2015
    102 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2015, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

1. Assemble legal team ( Atty, CPA, Investment Team)
    2. Collect winnings as a trust with Lawyer as spokes person and collector.
    3. Pay off mortgage and spend an extra $10K on goodies for the house.
    4. Get the War Dept.( aka the Mrs.) new SUV.
    5. Establish investments and get the family "will" set up to ensure proper disposal upon death.

6. Pay off any known or unknown student loans in immediate family.
    7. Give 2 family members financial assistance up to the allowed legal gift amount for 2015.
    8. Give immediate family members allowed legal gift amount for 2015.
    9. Search for new residence to be built or purchase existing one that meets expectations in a private gated community.
    10. Rent RV and travel to various parks throughout the country for a few months.
    11. Make charitable contributions to various non profits( Vets/Food Pantry/Animal Shelter/H.S extra-curricular activities and other personally chosen charities)
    12. Take vacation from winning jackpot and getting all the above mentioned completed !!!

The End    Big Smile

Hi CDanaT,

I like your list!  Number 4:Green laugh - I would strongly advice you to let her pick it out! : ) 

Remember this: A happy wife is a happy life!

I have some of the same items on my list.   I couldn't believe it when I got to your number 10! I have the same plans, except I plan to purchase an RV. I had not considered renting one. I'll have to give that some more thought. I also included the Salvation Army on my list of charities.

Good Luck!

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1522 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2015, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Thank You Candy-Lane for your your previous answer to my questions. 

May I suggest a Living Revocable Trust created by a Trust & Estate Attorney. Your heirs will get all your money secretly.  A will is made public at the Court.

Good Luck to all LP Members !!Cheers

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

United States
        Member #106134
        February 13, 2011
        806 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2015, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Green laugh$100 million is too much money ??!!??  since when ?? Green laugh

Yeah lol to me it's not enough.

I would ideally like $200 million after taxes.  The reason for that is because you can't get decent returns on any "safe" investments right now.  2 or 3% just sucks.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
          TX
          United States
          Member #121193
          January 4, 2012
          1637 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2015, 11:51 am - IP Logged

I would ideally like $200 million after taxes.  The reason for that is because you can't get decent returns on any "safe" investments right now.  2 or 3% just sucks.

let's seeeeeeee<scratching head>  Investing 100 million at 2-3 % sucks ?...so you buy your house and toys and blow $5 Million...leaves you $95 Million(roughly estimated for S & G) and you invest $95 million at 3 % and get roughly $2.8 Million minus Uncle Sams cut of 40%( $1.12 million) which leaves you around $1.68 Million(provided you don't pay state income taxes).
          $1,680,000.00/52 weeks = $32,307.69 per week to spend or roughly $4615.00 a day....and that is not enough ??  Bang Head

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40561 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2015, 11:58 am - IP Logged

1. Assemble legal team ( Atty, CPA, Investment Team)
            2. Collect winnings as a trust with Lawyer as spokes person and collector.
            3. Pay off mortgage and spend an extra $10K on goodies for the house.
            4. Get the War Dept.( aka the Mrs.) new SUV.
            5. Establish investments and get the family "will" set up to ensure proper disposal upon death.

6. Pay off any known or unknown student loans in immediate family.
            7. Give 2 family members financial assistance up to the allowed legal gift amount for 2015.
            8. Give immediate family members allowed legal gift amount for 2015.
            9. Search for new residence to be built or purchase existing one that meets expectations in a private gated community.
            10. Rent RV and travel to various parks throughout the country for a few months.
            11. Make charitable contributions to various non profits( Vets/Food Pantry/Animal Shelter/H.S extra-curricular activities and other personally chosen charities)
            12. Take vacation from winning jackpot and getting all the above mentioned completed !!!

The End    Big Smile

Sounds like a great plan to me.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1534 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2015, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Question jj, why would you want to invest when you have 200 million?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #94283
                July 17, 2010
                2284 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2015, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Seriously?  The 2 or 3 million per year you made off of the 100m investment FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE without even touching the principal wouldn't be enough?  LOL

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                  Happy California
                  United States
                  Member #157856
                  August 2, 2014
                  1522 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2015, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

2 or 3 million for the first year.  With experience that number should increase each year.

Preserving principle is the goal. That is your golden goose that is laying those beautiful eggs.

No one knows when their last day will be.  Do not run out of funds before you "Dance that last dance alone".

I would hate to go back to work. Yuk !

Party

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                    Member #118609
                    November 4, 2011
                    938 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2015, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Mikeintexas, you sir, are hysterical.  That too small in the hips could be a major problem for you I would assume, omg hahahaha.

Is the sidecar for stability or to take one of your flock?Big Smile .....take the harley not a girlybike lol.

Your posts keep me laughing and at times leaves me scratching my head so I have to reread to make sure I read correctly, hahahaha, thanks for the fun!

new jersey
                      United States
                      Member #150815
                      December 31, 2013
                      513 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2015, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

1. Thank God!
                      2. Debt Free
                      3. Living Will
                      4. Annuity, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Stocks
                      5. Start Several Businesses
                      6. 501(c)3 Non-Profit
                      7. Live off the Interest

i  would  go to  vegas  and  put  100.000.000 on red in  roulette

phantom3's avatar - Lottery-005.jpg
                        iowa
                        United States
                        Member #81631
                        October 25, 2009
                        114 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2015, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

bodyguard !

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                          Texas Panhandle
                          United States
                          Member #136843
                          December 20, 2012
                          1280 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2015, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Mikeintexas, you sir, are hysterical.  That too small in the hips could be a major problem for you I would assume, omg hahahaha.

Is the sidecar for stability or to take one of your flock?Big Smile .....take the harley not a girlybike lol.

Your posts keep me laughing and at times leaves me scratching my head so I have to reread to make sure I read correctly, hahahaha, thanks for the fun!

Thanks, I try to amuse, I'm not good for much else in here.  I've read that shallow women are attracted to bad boys or men with money or power.  I don't want a shallow woman and besides that, I'm not bad and never had much money or power.  I'm also not good looking - I think my momma was the only woman who thought I was - I look like a cross between Mel Gibson and Homer Simpson, so I don't have much in the way of initial attraction going on for me.  I don't know that I have many other redeeming qualities that good women want, but I do know they also like guys with a good sense of humor (or "humour" for British women) so I really like to make women laugh.   It's too bad they laugh the hardest when I undress in front of them.

About the sidecar motorcycle - I thought it would be a good thing for a quick run to the grocery store, plenty of room to bring the food back, y'know?  Can't really do that on a Harley.  (speaking of HD bikes and being funny, I found out it wasn't a good idea to joke in a biker bar "Harley-Davidson?  Ain't that some kinda Japanese motorcycle?".  That's when I found out I wasn't a bad boy, not at all. )

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                            NY
                            United States
                            Member #121961
                            January 21, 2012
                            3157 Posts
                            Posted: August 30, 2015, 12:50 am - IP Logged

Thanks, I try to amuse, I'm not good for much else in here.  I've read that shallow women are attracted to bad boys or men with money or power.  I don't want a shallow woman and besides that, I'm not bad and never had much money or power.  I'm also not good looking - I think my momma was the only woman who thought I was - I look like a cross between Mel Gibson and Homer Simpson, so I don't have much in the way of initial attraction going on for me.  I don't know that I have many other redeeming qualities that good women want, but I do know they also like guys with a good sense of humor (or "humour" for British women) so I really like to make women laugh.   It's too bad they laugh the hardest when I undress in front of them.

About the sidecar motorcycle - I thought it would be a good thing for a quick run to the grocery store, plenty of room to bring the food back, y'know?  Can't really do that on a Harley.  (speaking of HD bikes and being funny, I found out it wasn't a good idea to joke in a biker bar "Harley-Davidson?  Ain't that some kinda Japanese motorcycle?".  That's when I found out I wasn't a bad boy, not at all. )

The HD stands for hundreds of dollars because that's what it cost to fix those bikes.

ekem6078's avatar - winter
                              TN
                              United States
                              Member #88776
                              March 23, 2010
                              2205 Posts
                              Posted: August 30, 2015, 2:13 am - IP Logged

Don't worry about it, cause if you win it in ILL you wont get it anyway. LOL

Page 4 of 10