Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

whats the first thing u would do? or purchase? if u won a 100 million dollars or more

Topic closed. 136 replies. Last post 1 year ago by lejardin.

Page 5 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2015, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Question jj, why would you want to invest when you have 200 million?

I would not want to touch the principal at all & put that $200 mil to work for me making passive income.

It's the smartest way to go to ensure I don't go broke.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1534 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2015, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

You don't realize how much 200 million dollars is do you?

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #104962
      January 23, 2011
      1075 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2015, 10:52 am - IP Logged

I would definitely get a bigger house, rural area, or maybe the edge of town. 
      A new pick up truck with a big V8 engine

Not sure why people only look at the annuity amount ( who wants to take the annuity? ), when the cash jackpot for PB is at 76.6

and MM is at 46.1

Trump 2016!

United States
        Member #106134
        February 13, 2011
        806 Posts
        Posted: August 31, 2015, 11:04 am - IP Logged

You don't realize how much 200 million dollars is do you?

Come on!  You really think $200 million is a lot!!!

It's not much at all...I could burn through it in 3 months if I wanted to lol.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: August 31, 2015, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

So- when was the last time you blew through your 1st Billion seeing that $200 mil is chump change? 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #104962
            January 23, 2011
            1075 Posts
            Posted: August 31, 2015, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

On what!? That money would last me a life time, if the dollar doesn't collapse.

Trump 2016!

Lexington
              United States
              Member #165748
              April 20, 2015
              654 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2015, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Make a nice donation for breast cancer research and put it under my mother's name. Donate to church. Buy a new house. Put some away for my kids so when they turn 18 they have a good start...call all my brothers and let them know we are going on a trip. Figure out the rest then!!!

Build your own empire or spend the rest of your life working and building someone else's!!!

Lexington
                United States
                Member #165748
                April 20, 2015
                654 Posts
                Posted: August 31, 2015, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

BLOWING this amount of money in 3 months would be ridiculous... Smh

Build your own empire or spend the rest of your life working and building someone else's!!!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4108 Posts
                  Posted: August 31, 2015, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

According to Prince's calculations- He can blows through a Billion Dollars 15 months..Craazeeeeee.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                    Member #118609
                    November 4, 2011
                    938 Posts
                    Posted: August 31, 2015, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I do, that is a heck of a lot of money.  Who would want to blow though that amount of money except a chump trying to get attention.   Negative attention is better than none?  Good grief.

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #157701
                      July 28, 2014
                      137 Posts
                      Posted: September 1, 2015, 7:54 am - IP Logged

The founder of the Minecraft game has gone through that much in just a few months. If someone has spending habits similar to him or some of these rap artist then I certainly don't see $200 million being enough.

To a civilized and well grounded individual this kind of money is a total life changer and should last for generations if invested and managed properly.

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #94283
                        July 17, 2010
                        2284 Posts
                        Posted: September 1, 2015, 10:42 am - IP Logged

The founder of the Minecraft game has gone through that much in just a few months. If someone has spending habits similar to him or some of these rap artist then I certainly don't see $200 million being enough.

To a civilized and well grounded individual this kind of money is a total life changer and should last for generations if invested and managed properly.

Even in safe investments, $200 mil should earn 6 mil per year after taxes.  That's $500,000 spendable per month.  Even if you're not especially well-grounded, it would be difficult to spend that much money. 

I remember when Brittney Spears was having her wild times reading that she was spending $700K per month.  She was buying expensive gifts for friends and supporting a couple of them.  I wonder if she's still friends with them, or if she discovered they were hanging around for her money?

You can only buy so many houses and cars and $5K shoes.  I could spend that much a couple times a year, maybe hiring a private jet and buying a bunch of $20K seats for friends at the Superbowl or paying for $10K rooms at an exclusive hotel for a group vacation.  But every month in and out?  I just can't imagine.  If I personally had that kind of income, at least half would be going to my favorite non-profit.  And I'll bet I'd still have a huge savings account.

If you had $500K per month, and you knew it would keep coming in for the rest of your life, how would you spend it, month in and month out?  Could you spend it?

United States
                          Member #145267
                          August 1, 2013
                          1534 Posts
                          Posted: September 1, 2015, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I wonder if age has a lot to do with some of these replies? Or may-be educated verses non-college educated replies.  Or no common sense for money?  You may have one time in a life time to possibly win a jackpot of any amount so why would a person try to spend it all in the least amount of time.  (JJ)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: September 1, 2015, 11:34 am - IP Logged

I wonder if age has a lot to do with some of these replies? Or may-be educated verses non-college educated replies.  Or no common sense for money?  You may have one time in a life time to possibly win a jackpot of any amount so why would a person try to spend it all in the least amount of time.  (JJ)

If the winner is over 65 what other choice do they have?  They call only spend it while they are alive.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #145267
                              August 1, 2013
                              1534 Posts
                              Posted: September 1, 2015, 11:41 am - IP Logged

How about passing it to family, friends, helping the ill with hospital bills and so on..........

Page 5 of 10